• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

New Thread: "Motivational/Inspirational Articles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOING GOOD
He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own. - Confucius

DOUBT
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted. - Bertrand Russell

DREAMS
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. - Henry David Thoreau

To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act. - Anatole France

Climb every mountain,
Ford every stream,
Follow every rainbow,
Till you find your dream. - From "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," (The Sound of Music)

All our dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

"Dream is not what you see in sleep, dream is the thing which does not let you sleep." - President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

He met her on a party. She was so outstanding, many guys chasing after her, while he was so normal, nobody paid attention to him. At the end of the party, he invited her to have coffee with him, she was surprised, but due to being polite, she promised.

They sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to say anything, she felt uncomfortable, she thought, please, let me go home.. suddenly he asked the waiter: "would you please give me some salt? I'd like to put it in my coffee."

Everybody stared at him, so strange! His face turned red, but, still, he put the salt in his coffee and drank it.

She asked him curiously: why you have this hobby?

He replied: "when I was a little boy, I was living near the sea, I liked playing in the sea, I could feel the taste of the sea, just like the taste of the salty coffee. Now every time I have the salty coffee, I always think of my childhood, think of my hometown, I miss my hometown so much, I miss my parents who are still living there".

While saying that tears filled his eyes. She was deeply touched.

That's his true feeling, from the bottom of his heart. A man who can tell out his homesickness, he must be a man who loves home, cares about home, has responsibility of home..

Then she also started to speak, spoke about her faraway hometown, her childhood, her family. That was a really nice talk, also a beautiful beginning of their story.

They continued to date.

She found that actually he was a man who meets all her demands; he had tolerance, was kind hearted, warm, careful.

He was such a good person but she almost missed him! Thanks to his salty coffee! Then the story was just like every beautiful love story, the princess married to the prince, then they were living the happy life... And, every time she made coffee for him, she put some salt in the coffee, as she knew that's the way he liked it.

After 40 years, he passed away, left her a letter which said:

"My dearest, please forgive me, forgive my whole life lie. This was the only
lie I said to you---the salty coffee.

Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous at that time, actually I wanted some sugar, but I said salt It was hard for me to change so I just went ahead. I never thought that could be the start of our communication!

I tried to tell you the truth many times in my life, but I was too afraid to do that, as I have promised not to lie to you for anything.. Now I'm dying, I afraid of nothing so I tell you the truth:

I don't like the salty coffee, what a strange bad taste.. But I have had the salty coffee for my whole life!

Since I knew you, I never feel sorry for anything I do for you. Having you with me is my biggest happiness for my whole life.

If I can live for the second time, still want to know you and have you for my whole life, even though I have to drink the salty coffee again".

Her tears made the letter totally wet.

Someday, someone asked her: what's the taste of salty coffee? It's sweet. She replied
Dear Karthik, Very touching..... very touching indeed.... no words to explain more than this... True love doesn't need an explanation. Thank you for posting. Keep going.. Anandi

[FONT=&quot]Intellectual MANTRA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While I was in a Restaurant, suddenly a cockroach flew from somewhere and sat on a lady standing a little away from me.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She started screaming out of fear. With panic stricken face and trembling voice, she started jumping, with both her hands desperately trying to get rid of the cockroach. Her reaction was contagious, as everyone in her group got cranky to what was happening. The lady finally managed to push the cockroach to another lady in the group.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now, it was the turn of the other lady in the group to continue the drama. The waiter rushed forward to their rescue.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the relay of throwing, the cockroach next fell upon the waiter.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The waiter stood firm, composed himself and observed the behavior of the cockroach on his shirt.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When he was confident enough, he grabbed and threw it out with his fingers.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sipping my coffee and watching the amusement, my mind picked up a few thoughts and started wondering:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - Was the cockroach responsible for the ladies' histrionic behavior?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - If so, then why was the waiter not disturbed? He handled it near to perfection - without any chaos or drama.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - So, it was not the cockroach, but the inability of the ladies to handle the disturbance caused by the cockroach that disturbed them.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also realized even in my case then, it is not the shouting of my father or scolding of my boss that disturbs me, but it's my own inability to handle the disturbances caused by their shouting that disturb me.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Similarly, it's not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs me, but my inability to handle the disturbance caused in my mind by the traffic jam that disturbs me.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]More than the problem, it's my own reaction to the problem that hurts me![/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Take-Away:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - The women reacted but the waiter responded.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] - We must not react in life; we should always respond.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] - Reactions are instinctive; responses are intellectual.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Having 'Peace of Mind' is not a strenuous job; it is an effortles[/FONT]s job…[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once Buddha was traveling with a few of his followers. While they were passing a lake, Buddha told one of his disciples, I am thirsty. Do get me some water from the lake.

The disciple walked up to the lake. At that moment, a bullock cart started crossing through the lake. As a result, the water became very muddy and turbid. The disciple thought, "How can I give this muddy water to Buddha to drink?"

So he came back and told Buddha, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The water in there is very muddy. I don't think it is fit to drink."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After about half an hour, again Buddha asked the same disciple to go back to the lake.

The disciple went back, and found that the water was still muddy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He returned and informed Buddha about the same.

After sometime, again Buddha asked the same disciple to go back.

This time, the disciple found the mud had settled down, and the water was clean and clear. So he collected some water in a pot and brought it to Buddha.

Buddha looked at the water, and then he looked up at the disciple and said,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]" See what you did to make the water clean. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You let it be, and the mud settled down on its own ând you have clear water."

MORAL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your mind is like that too ! When it is disturbed, just let it be. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Give it a little time. It will settle down on its own. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You don't have to put in any effort to calm it down. It will happen. It is effortless."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Remember [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Having 'Peace of Mind' is not a strenuous job;[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]it is an effortless process

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TREAT EVERYONE WITH POLITENESS[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] EVEN THOSE WHO ARE RUDE TO YOU NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT NICE ..[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]but because .....[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YOU ARE NICE.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When

The school reopened in June,

And we settled in our new desks and

benches!

When
we queued up in book depot,

And got our new books

and notes!

When
we wanted two Sundays and no Mondays, yet

managed to line up daily for the morning prayers...

We learnt writing with

slates and pencils, and

Progressed To fountain pens and ball pens and then Micro tips!

When
we began drawing with crayons and evolved to

Color pencils and finally sketch pens!

When
we started calculating

first with tables and then with

Clarke's tables and advanced to

Calculators and computers!

When
we chased one another in the

corridors in Intervals, and returned to the classrooms

Drenched in sweat!

When
we had lunch in classrooms, corridors,

Playgrounds,

under the trees and even in cycle sheds!

When
all the colors in the world,

Decorated the campus on the Second Saturdays!

When
a single P.T. period in the week's Time Table,

Was awaited more eagerly than the monsoons!

When
cricket was played with writing pads as bats,

And Neckties and socks rolled into balls!

When
few played

'kabadi' and 'Kho-Kho' in scorching sun,

While others simply played

'book cricket' in the

Confines of classroom!

Of fights but no conspiracies,

Of Competitions but seldom jealousy!

When
we used to

watch Live Cricket telecast,

In the opposite house in Intervals and Lunch breaks!

When
few rushed at 3:45 to

'Conquer' window seats in our School bus!

While
few others had 'Big Fun', 'peppermint' ,

'kulfi', ' milk ice !' and 'sharbat !' at 4o Clock!

Gone are the days

Of Sports Day,

and the annual School Day ,

And the one-month long

preparations for them.

Gone are the days

Of the stressful Quarterly,

Half Yearly and Annual Exams, And the most

enjoyed holidays after them!

Gone are the days

Of tenth and twelfth standards, when

We Spent almost the whole year writing revision tests!

We learnt,
We enjoyed, We played, We won, We lost,

We laughed, We cried, We fought, We thought.

With so much fun in them, so many friends,

So much experience, all this and more!

Gone are the days

When we used

to talk for hours with our friends!

Now we don't have time to say a `Hi'!

Gone are the days

When we played games on the road!

Now we

Code on the road with laptop!

Gone are the days

When we saw stars Shining at Night!

Now we see stars when our code doesn't Work!

Gone are the days

When we sat to chat with Friends on grounds!

Now we chat in chat rooms......!

Gone are the days

Where we

studied just to pass!

Now we study to save our job!

Gone are the days

Where we had no money in our pockets and still fun filled on our hearts!!

Now we have the atm as well as credit card but with an empty heart!!

Gone are the days

Where we shouted on the road!

Now we don't shout even at home

Gone are the days

Where we got lectures from all!

Now we give lectures to all... like the one I'm doing now....!!

Gone are the days

But not the memories, which will be

Lingering in our hearts for ever and ever and

Ever and ever and ever .....

Gone are the Days.... But still there are lot more Days to come in our Life!!

NO MATTER HOW BUSY YOU ARE ,

DONT FORGET TO

LIVE THE LIFE THAT STILL

EXISTS......
[/FONT]

‎​"At the age of 24, I was a Bus Conductor" - Rajnikanth

"I didn't even complete my University Education" - Bill Gates

"I was the one who served in Hotels" - Oberoi

"At my childhood days, I Stitched Shoes" - Abraham Lincoln

"I worked in a Petrol Pump" - Dhirubhai Ambani

"I Failed in the 10th Standard" - Sachin Tendulkar

"Education Drop-Out & initially a Keyboard Player" - A. R. Rahman

"I used to serve Tea at a Shop to support my Football Training" - Lionel Messi

Life is not about what u couldn't do so far,its about WHAT YOU STILL CAN!

DIPLOMACY
You’ve got to find some way of saying it without saying it. - Duke Ellington

Don't ever slam the door; you might want to go back. - Don Herold

Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. - Benjamin Franklin

If you wouldn’t write it and sign it, don’t say it.

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you look forward to the trip. - Cashie Stinnett

DISCERNMENT
Weigh the meaning and look not at the words. - Ben Jonson

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. - Andrew Carnegie

DISCIPLINE
Do not consider painful what is good for you. - Euripides

Make it a point to do something every day that you don't want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain. - Mark Twain

Self-discipline is the willingness to perform the acts that are beneficial to us that—for whatever reason—we don’t want to perform. - John McCormack

Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do when it ought to be done whether you like it or not. It is the first lesson that ought to be learned and however early a person’s training begins, it is probably the last lesson a person learns thoroughly. - Thomas Huxley

It is one of the strange ironies of this strange life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest men. When you see 20 or 30 men line up for a distance race in some meet, don't pity them, don't feel sorry for them. Better envy them instead. - Brutus Hamilton

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments - Jim Rohn

I never could have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence . . . the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time. - Charles Dickens

DOING
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford

Doing something is different from thinking about doing something; it is more difficult because it requires more discipline and courage. - Nicholas Pratt

Doing something the first time is very hard.
Doing it the second time is easier.
Doing it the third time is easier still.
With persistence, eventually doing it becomes second nature. - Nicholas Pratt

8 Harsh Truths that Will Improve Your Life

1. Friends Come and Go

Friends will always come and go in your life; It can be a hard thing to accept, but many of the friends you spend time with now, might not be around in the next few years.

2. You Won't Always Get What You Want
You won't always get what you want in life: people are going to be late, people will let you down, items you want won't always be available.

Important Lesson: Don't look for happiness in material possessions and if things don't go your way, learn to accept them. Life's too short to stay miserable.

3. Many People Will Love You, but Many Will Not
Whether you are a celebrity, a charity worker or just a normal guy, there are going to be people that love you and what you do, but there's also going to be plenty people that don't like you. There are many possible reasons such as jealousy, similarities to them, or just not being someone's 'type'.

Important Lesson: Not everyone is always going to like you, and that's fine. If people want to spend time talking about you then that is their problem. You are perfect as you are. You shouldn't need everyone to like you to have some form of self-esteem.

4. Nobody Can Transform Your Life Like You Can
The support and help of others can only take you so far, you're going to have to do your own thing to make big changes in your life situation.

Important Lesson: Do things for yourself and learn to stand on your own two feet. People you rely on won't be around forever, and you don't want to have to use others as a crutch to get anywhere in life.

5. Mistakes are part of Life
As the saying goes - "Only those who are asleep make no mistakes". or "Those who don't make mistakes, usually don't do anything!"

Important Lesson: You can learn a lot from others, but it is your own failures that are going to teach you the most valuable lessons in life. Learn from your failures, embrace them, and use them to drive you on to success.

6. Not everyday is Perfect
Don't stress about the things that you can't control. Learn to live with things that happen. You can't change the past, but you can change how you react to things.

7. There May Be No Tomorrow
At least, not for you anyway. We never know what is around the corner, a car crash, a heart attack; heck...even the end of the world is possible. Let's face it, although we would all like to live till we are 70 years old, that's certainly not always the case. There will be one day that is our last.

Important Lesson: Make the most of each day. Make sure the people you care about actually know it, don't worry about little matters, just make sure you spend time doing the things you love.

8. Someone Else Will Always Have More
Whether it is money, partners, friends or even blog subscribers, there will always be areas where other people have more than you. That isn't to say you can't become abundant in whatever you want..

Important Lesson: Just because someone has 'more', that doesn't mean they are happy.

[FONT=&quot]Merit of an Action
A monk and his disciple reached a river bank. They had to cross it to reach their monastery. The river was full and the flow heavy. But they could walk across the river. A young woman was on the bank. She had to cross the river but could not cross it alone. She sought the help of the monk. He immediately picked her up and carried her on his back, across the river. When they reached the other side of the river, he lowered her to the ground. She thanked him. They went in different directions.

The disciple was tremendously shocked to see the monk carry a woman on his back. He believed that it was against their vow of chastity to touch a woman. But he did not dare to question his teacher. He was constantly being disturbed by the incident and after three months, one day he asked the teacher why he had broken the vows of chastity and celibacy.

The monk laughed and remarked, I carried her across the river and left her at the bank. You have been carrying that burden for three months! Clearly the sage had kept his vow but the disciple had been breaking the vow of chastity in his mind all those days!

The story teaches that the merit of an action is determined by our attitude. The saintly and scholarly sage had done an act of charity without affecting his vow of chastity. We must do our duty without caring for reward or recognition or ridicule. It is said, Do your duty. That is your beauty.

Happy are those who are merciful to others; God will be merciful to them! Happy are the pure in heart; they will see God!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CONVERSATION
Take as many half minutes as you can get, but never talk more than half a minute without pausing and giving others an opportunity to strike in. One of the best rules in conversation is, never to say a thing which any of the company can reasonably wish had been left unsaid. - Jonathan Swift

COUNCIL
Never take the advice of someone who has not had your kind of trouble. - Siney J. Harris

Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties. - Aesop

Never give advice unless asked. - German proverb

COUNTRY
A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world. - George Santayana

COURAGE
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. - Ambrose Redmoon

You cannot run away from a weakness; you must sometime fight it out or perish. And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand? - Robert Louis Stevenson

Courage is resistance to fear. - Mark Twain

Without courage, all other virtues lose their meaning. - Winston Churchill

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

COURTESY/PROPRIETY
When you are in Rome live in the Roman style; when you are elsewhere live as they live elsewhere. - Saint Ambrose

CREATIVITY
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything. - George Lois

CRITICISM
Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please. - Pythgoras

DANGER
If you are out of trouble, watch for danger. - Sophocles

DARING
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Sir Cecil Beaton

To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; Not to dare is to lose oneself. - Soren Kierkegaard

DECISIONS
In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing that you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, It is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway.

[FONT=&quot]It is a story worth sharing !!! :)

This about Mr. Zavere Poonawala who is a well-known industrialist in Pune. He had this driver named Ganga Datt with him for the last 30 years on his limousine, which was originally owned by Acharya Rajneesh.

Ganga Datt passed away recently and at that time Mr. Poonawala was in Mumbai for some important work. As soon as he heard the news, he canceled all his meetings, requested the driver's family to await him for the cremation and came back to Pune immediately by a helicopter.

On reaching Pune he asked the limo to be decorated with flowers as he wished Ganga Datt should be taken in the same car which he himself had driven since the beginning. When Ganga Datt's family agreed to his wishes, he himself drove Ganga Datt from his home up to the ghat on his last journey.

When asked about it, Mr. Poonawala replied that Ganga Datt had served him day and night and he could at least do this being eternally grateful for him. He further added that Ganga Datt rose up from poverty and educated both his children very well. His daughter is a Chartered accountant and that is so commendable.

His comment in the end, is the essence of a successful life in all aspects:.“Everybody earns money which is nothing unusual in that, but we should always be grateful to those people who contribute for our success.
An inspiring example of humility. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wait for the brick
A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and drove the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you?
Just what the heck are you doing?
That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money.
Why did you do it?"
The young boy was apologetic. "Please mister ... please, I'm sorry... I didn't know what else to do," he pleaded.
"I threw the brick because no one else would stop..."
With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.
"It's my brother," he said.
"He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."
Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his fancy handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.
Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the little boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It's our choice: Listen to the whisper ... or wait for the brick! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Wait for the brick
A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and drove the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you?
Just what the heck are you doing?
That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money.
Why did you do it?"
The young boy was apologetic. "Please mister ... please, I'm sorry... I didn't know what else to do," he pleaded.
"I threw the brick because no one else would stop..."
With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.
"It's my brother," he said.
"He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."
Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his fancy handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay.

"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.
Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the little boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper ... or wait for the brick!

Wonderful moral message Anandi!!!

newton's third law states: "every action has an equal and an opposite reaction".
So it would stand to reason that every proverb has an equal and opposite proverb.

all good things come to those who wait
but
time and tide wait for none
the pen is mightier than the sword
but
actions speak louder than words
wise men think alike
but
fools seldom differ
the best things in life are free
but
there's no such thing as a free lunch
slow and steady wins the race
but
time waits for none
look before you leap
but
strike while the iron is hot
do it well, or not at all
but
half a loaf is better than none
birds of a feather flock together
but
opposites attract
don't cross your bridges before you come to them
but
forewarned is forearmed
doubt is the beginning of wisdom
but
faith will move mountains
great starts make great finishes
but
it isn't over till it's over
practice makes perfect
but
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
silence is golden
but
the squeaky wheel gets the grease
you're never too old to learn
but
you can't teach an old dog new tricks
what's good for the goose is good for the gander
but
one man's meat is another man's poison
absence makes the heart grow fonder
but
out of sight, out of mind
too many cooks spoil the broth
but
many hands make light work
hold fast to the words of your ancestors
but
wise men make proverbs and fools repeat them

Unconditional Love

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."
"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."
"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."
Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.

[FONT=&quot]The Gift Of Life
On the very first day, God created the cow. He said to the cow, "Today I have created you! As a cow, you must go to the field with the farmer all day long. You will work all day under the sun! I will give you a life span of 50 years." [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The cow objected, "What? This kind of a tough life you want me to live for 50 years? Let me have 20 years, and the 30 years I'll give back to you." So God agreed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the second day, God created the dog. God said to the dog, "You are supposed to do is to sit all day by the door of your house. Any people that come in, you will have to bark at them! I'll give a life span of 20 years." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The dog objected, "What? All day long to sit by the door? No way! I give you back my other 10 years of life!" So God agreed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the third day, God created the monkey. He said to the monkey, "Monkeys have to entertain people. You've got to make them laugh and do monkey tricks. I'll give you 20 years life span." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The monkey objected. "What? Make them laugh? Do monkey faces and tricks? Ten years will do, and the other 10 years I'll give you back." So God agreed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the fourth day, God created man and said to him, "Your job is to sleep, eat, and play. You will enjoy very much in your life. All you need to do is to enjoy and do nothing. This kind of life, I'll give you a 20 year life span." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The man objected. "What? Such a good life! Eat, play, sleep, do nothing? Enjoy the best and you expect me to live only for 20 years? No way, man!....Why don't we make a deal? Since the cow gave you back 30 years, and the dog gave you back 10 years and the monkey gave you back 10 years, I will take them from you! That makes my life span 70 years, right?" So God agreed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AND THAT'S WHY[/FONT][FONT=&quot].... In our first 20 years, we eat, sleep, play, enjoy the best and do nothing much. For the next 30 years, we work all day long, suffer and get to support the family. For the next 10 years, we entertain our grandchildren by making monkey faces and monkey tricks. And for the last 10 years, we stay at home, sit by the front door and bark at people![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Have a happier life[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An Angel says, ‘Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn’t happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.’ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are a few things you can do to have a happier life:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Pray. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Go to bed on time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Say No to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Delegate tasks to capable others. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Simplify and un clutter your life. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Allow extra time to do things and to get to places. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Take one day at a time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Do something for the Kid in You every day. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Get enough rest. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Eat right. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Get organized so everything has its place. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Write down thoughts and inspirations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Every day, find time to be alone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray… [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Make friends with Godly people. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good ‘Thank you Jesus’. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Laugh. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Laugh some more! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Sit on your ego. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Talk less; listen more. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Slow down. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Remember: God has a way of turning things around for you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
‘If God is for us, who can be against us?’[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BELIEVE [/FONT][FONT=&quot]while others are doubting.
[FONT=&quot]PLAN [/FONT]while others are playing.
[FONT=&quot]STUDY [/FONT]while others are sleeping.
[FONT=&quot]DECIDE [/FONT]while others are delaying.
[FONT=&quot]PREPARE [/FONT]while others are daydreaming.
[FONT=&quot]BEGIN [/FONT]while others are procrastinating.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WORK [/FONT][FONT=&quot]while others are wishing.
[FONT=&quot]SAVE [/FONT]while others are wasting.
[FONT=&quot]LISTEN [/FONT]while others are talking.
[FONT=&quot]SMILE [/FONT]while others are pouting.
[FONT=&quot]COMMENT [/FONT]while others are criticizing.
[FONT=&quot]PERSIST [/FONT]while others are quitting[/FONT]

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfil today. I am important.

My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.

Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new titbits of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honoured because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!

[FONT=&quot]http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/enjoythemasti[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/enjoythemasti"]

MOM, WILL YOU WRAP ME WITH YOUR SCARF?

Love is what we do and what we don't!

One Sunday, a mother took her son and little daughter to watch a circus. In the middle of the circus, the little girl, Jenny, who was two years old, fell asleep in her mother's lap. The brother, Jack, who was six, stayed awake, and watched the rest of the circus with his mother. When it was over, the mother picked up Jenny in her arms and carried her to the bus station. It was very cold that night, so she took off her scarf and gently covered Jenny's head with it.

When they arrived home, the mother first carried Jenny into the bed room and put her to sleep. After Jack had changed his clothes, his mother lay down next to him to talk about the evening together.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"How did you like it, Jack?"

"Fine, he answered.

"Did you have fun?"

"Yes".

"What did you like most?"

"I don't know. The elephant dance, I guess."

"That was quite a thing, wasn't it“ doing those tricks like that?"

There wasn’t much response on his part. The mother wondered why her son wasn't opening up more. He usually did when exciting things happened. She was a little disappointed.

She sensed something was wrong: he had been so quiet on the way home and while getting ready for bed.

Suddenly Jack turned over on his side, facing the wall. She wondered why and lifted her up just enough to see his eyes welling up with tears.

"What's wrong, honey? What is it?"

He turned back, and she could sense he was feeling some embarrassment for the tears and his shivering lips and chin.

"Mom, if I were cold, would you put your scarf around me, too?"

Of all the events of that special evening out together, for Jack the most important was a little act of affection - a momentary, unconscious showing of her love to his little sister.

MORAL: In relationships, little things matter the most.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[/URL]

[FONT=&quot]Story Of Appreciation [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a big company.
He passed the first interview; the director did the last interview, made the last decision.
The director discovered from the CV, that the youth's academic result is excellent all the way, from the secondary school until the postgraduate research, never was a year he did not score.
The director asked, "Did you obtain any scholarship in school?" and the youth answered "none".
The director asked, " Is it your father who paid for your school fees?" the youth answered, my father passed away when I was one year old, it is my mother who paid for my school fees.
The director asked, " Where did your mother work?" the youth answered, my mother worked as a cloth cleaner. The director requested the youth to show his hand, the youth showed a pair of hand that were smooth and perfect to the director. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The director asked, " Did you ever help your mother wash the clothes before?" The youth answered, never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books, furthermore, my mother can wash clothes faster than me.The director said, I have a request, when you go back today, go and help to clean your mother's hand, and then see me tomorrow morning.
The youth felt that as the chance of landing the job is high, when he went back, he happily wanted to clean his mother's hand, his mother felt strange, happy but mixed with fear, she showed her hands to the kid.
The youth cleaned his mother's hand slowly, his tears dropped down as he did that. It is the first time he found his mother's hands so wrinkled, and there are so many bruises in her hand. Some bruises incite pains so strong that shiver his mother's body when cleaned with water. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] This is the first time the youth realized and experienced that it is this pair of hand that washed the cloth everyday to earn him the school fees, the bruises in the mother's hand is the price that the mother paid for his graduation and academic excellence and probably his future.
After finishing the cleaning of his mother hand, the youth quietly cleaned all remaining clothes for his mother. That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.
Next morning, the youth went to the director's office.
The director noticed the tear in the youth's eye, asked: “Can you tell what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?"
The youth answered, " I cleaned my mother's hand, and also finished cleaning all the remaining clothes'
The director asked, “please tell me your feeling."
The youth said :
Number 1, I knew what is appreciation, without my mother, there would not the successful me today.
Number 2, I knew how to work together with my mother, then only I can realize how difficult and tough to get something done.
Number 3, I knew the importance and value of family relationship.
The director said, " This is what I am asking, I want to recruit a person that can appreciate the help of other, a person that knew the suffering of others to get thing done, and a person that would not put money as his only goal in life to be my manager. You are hired.
Later on, this young person worked very hard, and received the respect of his subordinates, every employees worked diligently and in a team, the company's result improved tremendously. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] (Source : “YOU CAN WIN” – a highly recommended book by Shiv Khera, the well known motivational guru: This book is indeed a great motivational tool..)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Internal motivation comes from within, such as pride, a sense of achievement, responsibility and belief. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There was a young boy who used to come for regular practice but always played in the reserves and never made it to the soccer eleven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While he was practicing, his father used to sit at the far end, waiting for him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The matches had started and for four days, he didn't show up for practice or the quarter or semifinals.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All of a sudden he showed up for the finals, went to the coach and said,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Coach, you have always kept me in the reserves and never let me play in the finals. But today, please let me play."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The coach said, "Son, I'm sorry, I can't let you. There are better players than you and besides, it is the finals, the reputation of the school is at stake and I cannot take a chance."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The boy pleaded, "Coach, I promise I will not let you down. I beg of you, please let me play."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The coach had never seen the boy plead like this before.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He said, "OK, son, go, play. But remember, I am going against my better judgment and the reputation of the school is at stake. Don't let me down."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The game started and the boy played like a house on fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Every time he got the ball, he shot a goal. Needless to say, he was the best player and the star of the game.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]His team had a spectacular win.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the game finished, the coach went up to him and said,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Son, how could I have been so wrong in my life. I have never seen you play like this before.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What happened? How did you play so well?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The boy replied, "Coach, my father is watching me today."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The coach turned around and looked at the place where the boy's father used to sit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There was no one there. He said, "Son, your father used to sit there when you came for practice, but I don't see anyone there today."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The boy replied, "Coach, there is something I never told you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My father was blind. Just four days ago, he died.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today is the first day he is watching me from above."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Internal motivation is the inner gratification, not for success or winning, but for the fulfillment that comes from having done it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is a feeling of accomplishment, rather than just achieving a goal. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reaching an unworthy goal does not give the gratifying feeling. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Internal motivation is lasting, because it comes from within and translates into self motivation. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Motivation needs to be identified and constantly strengthened to succeed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Keep your goals in front of you and read them morning and evening. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The two most important motivating factors are recognition and responsibility. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Recognition means being appreciated; being treated with respect and dignity; and feeling a sense of belonging. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Responsibility gives a person a feeling of belonging and ownership. He then becomes part of the bigger picture. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lack of responsibility can become demotivating. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Monetary rewards are temporary and short-lived; they are not gratifying in the long run. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In contrast, seeing an idea being implemented can be emotionally gratifying by itself. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]People feel that they are not being treated like objects. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They feel part of a worthwhile team. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The reward of doing the right thing by itself is motivating.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A milk vendor used to sell milk on his motor cycle in a town. He was carrying four milk cans, two on each side of his vehicle .. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]One day, while he was calling on a house, two students approached his motor cycle and pushed frogs one each in two cans. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The happy frogs started finding themselves in a tight position.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The frog in one of the cans studied the situation.. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]His strength was to swim effectively in any liquid. He recollects from his "WISDOM BANK" that most difficult times come only for a short time and will not last long. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]He starts swimming and swimming and finds himself sitting on a butter lump formed due to the churning action of his swimming. He is now safe for a while. When the milk vendor opens the cans for his next call, the frog leaps to his freedom .[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The frog in other can does not turn on his attitudinal bulb. He blames the student for his misery and started cursing him. He blames God for making him so small that he can neither lift the lid of the can nor he can drill a hole in the can. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]With all these negative thoughts, he eventually drowns in the milk and dies.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]What is the moral of the story ? [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]It is about ATTITUDE. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]While the first frog was a ' I CAN' person with a positive mental attitude, the other one was a ' I CAN'T ' person. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]You can be[/FONT][FONT=&quot] a "CAN" or 'CAN'T' person. The choice is with you alone.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]No one except[/FONT][FONT=&quot] yourself can make you a 'CAN' or 'CAN'T' person.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]A Winner is NOT one who NEVER FAILS......But one who NEVER QUITS!!!"[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Many people spend their whole life in overcoming their weakness .. but they forget it is only possible by strengthening there strengths... [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Let us work on our strengths such that any problem can be converted into opportunity and be a Positive person...[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]If we are positive ....then surely we would be able to see +ve energy in others...too.....[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000-step process". [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"If you want to get out of the pit, stop digging."[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back