• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

New Thread: "Motivational/Inspirational Articles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a young boy who used to come for regular practice but always played in the reserves and never made it to the soccer eleven.
While he was practicing, his father used to sit at the far end, waiting for him.
The matches had started and for four days, he didn't show up for practice or the quarter or semifinals.

Dear Anandi

That article was very moving! Thanks for posting it!

I really like the good work you are doing, keep it up!

Very kind regards

Thank you Dear Valli, This is a humble service I do to my friends and all the near and dear ones. When I arrive at my School, I read and write 3 good thoughts in my personal diary and read a good motivational story before I begin my work. All my teachers also write motivational quotes in their respective log books every day. This is just motivational tips I have transferred to my teachers. When we read, it touches our hearts, and we can feel the effect. This can change the negativity to great extent. This is just a noble initiation, nothing great... golden words written by the greats... I am just a medium to bring it close to all of you. Thanks once again. Take care. Love. Anandi

When we share....!!!!
When we share laughter, there’s twice the fun;
When we share success, we surpass what we’ve done.

When we share problems, there’s half the pain;
When we share tears, a rainbow follows rain.

When we share dreams, they become more real;
When we share secrets, it’s our hearts we reveal.

If we share a smile, then our love shows;
If we share a hug, then our love grows.

If we share with someone on whom we depend,
That person becomes family or friend.

And what draws us closer and makes us all care,
Is not what we have, but the things that we share.

[FONT=&quot]I wanted to change the world[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When I found I couldn’t change the nation, I began to focus on my town.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I couldn’t change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By Unknown Monk, 1100 A.D[/FONT]

Principles Of Life
The great thing in this world is not so much where we are,
but in what direction we are moving. — Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Winning isn’t everything but wanting to win is.
  • You would achieve more, if you don’t mind who gets the credit.
  • When everything else is lost, the future still remains.
  • Don’t fight too much or the enemy will know your art of war.
  • The only job you start at the top is when you dig a grave.
  • If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for everything.
  • If you do little things well, you’ll do big ones better.
  • Only thing that comes to you without effort is old age.
  • You won’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Only those who do nothing do not make mistakes.
  • Never take a problem to your boss unless you have a solution.
  • If you are not failing, you’re not taking enough risks.
  • Don’t try to get rid of your bad temper by losing it.
  • If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
  • Those who don’t make mistakes usually don’t make anything.
  • There are two kinds of failures: Those who think and never do, and those who do and never think.
  • Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.
  • All progress has resulted from unpopular decisions.
  • Change your thoughts and you change your world.
  • Understanding proves intelligence, not the speed of the learning.
  • There are two kinds of fools in this world.: Those who give advice and those who don’t take it.
  • The best way to kill an idea is to take it to a meeting.
  • Management is doing things right. Leadership is doing the right things.
  • Friendship founded on business is always better than business founded on friendship.

Enjoy your life at every moment

Once a fisherman was sitting near seashore, under the shadow of a tree smoking his beedi. Suddenly a rich businessman passing by approached him and enquired as to why he was sitting under a tree smoking and not working. To this the poor fisherman replied that he had caught enough fishes for the day.
Hearing this the rich man got angry and said: Why don’t you catch more fishes instead of sitting in shadow wasting your time?
Fisherman asked: What would I do by catching more fishes?
Businessman: You could catch more fishes, sell them and earn more money, and buy a bigger boat.
Fisherman: What would I do then?
Businessman: You could go fishing in deep waters and catch even more fishes and earn even more money.
Businessman: You could buy many boats and employ many people to work for you and earn even more money.
Businessman: You could become a rich businessman like me.
Businessman: You could then enjoy your life peacefully.
Fisherman: What do you think I’m doing right now?

You don’t need to wait for tomorrow to be happy and enjoy your life. You don’t even need to be more rich, more powerful to enjoy life. LIFE is at this moment, enjoy it fully.

The Very Old Lady Story

A very old lady looked in the mirror one morning. She had three remaining hairs on her head, and being a positive soul, she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she braided her three hairs, and she had a great day. Some days later, looking in the mirror one morning, preparing for her day, she saw that she had only two hairs remaining. "Hmm, two hairs... I fancy a centre parting today." She duly parted her two hairs, and as ever, she had a great day. A week or so later, she saw that she had just one hair left on her head. "One hair huh...," she mused, "I know a pony-tail will be perfect." And again she had a great day. The next morning she looked in the mirror. She was completely bald. "Finally bald huh," she said to herself, "How wonderful! I won't have to waste time doing my hair any more."

A nobleman’s prized racehorse began to limp for no apparent reason.

Veterinarians who were called found nothing wrong with the leg - no fracture, no sprain and no soreness - and they were baffled.

The nobleman finally consulted a sage, a man known for his wisdom.

“Has anything changed for the horse in the last few months?” he asked.

“I changed his trainer a few weeks ago,” said the nobleman.

“Does the horse get on well with his new trainer?”

“Very well! In fact, he’s devoted to him.”

“Does the trainer limp?”

“Uh… yes, he does.”

“The reason for the horse’s limp is clear,” said the sage. “He’s imitating his handler. We all tend to imitate those whom we admire. The company we keep has a great influence on us.”

The nobleman put the horse in the charge of another trainer and the horse soon stopped limping.

— Adapted from the Jataka

[FONT=&quot]The Turtles[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]A turtle family decided to go on a picnic. Turtles, being naturally slow about things, took seven years to prepare for their outing. Finally the turtle family left home looking for a suitable place.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]During the second year of their journey they found a place ideal for them at last! For about six months they cleaned the area, unpacked the picnic basket, and completed the arrangements. Then they discovered they had forgotten the salt. A picnic without salt would be a disaster, they all agreed. After a lengthy discussion, the youngest turtle was chosen to retrieve the salt from home. Although he was the fastest of the slow moving turtles, the little turtle whined, cried, and wobbled in his shell. He agreed to go on one condition: that no one would eat until he returned. The family consented and the little turtle left. Three years passed and the little turtle had not returned. Five years... six years...then on the seventh year of his absence, the oldest turtle could no longer contain his hunger. He announced that he was going to eat and begun to unwrap a sandwich. At that point the little turtle suddenly popped out from behind a tree shouting, "See! I knew you wouldn't wait. Now I am not going to go get the salt."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][Some of us waste our time waiting for people to live up to our expectations. We are so concerned about what others are doing that we don't do anything ourselves.][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hi Anandi

Really, really nice to see you again :) I sort of missed you even though I read that you are going on a spiritual outing!

With lots of love
Valli

Hi Anandi

Really, really nice to see you again :) I sort of missed you even though I read that you are going on a spiritual outing!

With lots of love
Valli
[FONT=&quot]My Dearest Valli, Thank you so much dear.... I too missed the forum for the past 4 days. But the course I have completed was really awesome... There can't be better course than this. It was a sort internal purification and re invention of self. I am a kind of person who likes to learn new things for this purpose; I put myself in challenging position and hard work. I had to go to the venue at 5:30 and it went on till 10:30 at night... The course included yoga, Pranayam, padmasadhana and lectures. It was really good. I have enjoyed a lot, learned a lot.. Now to practice it in the real life. Love Anandi[/FONT]

Once there was a flood in a village. People were atop their roofs for safety. One of the men was constantly praying to God. He was deeply religious and a god- fearing man. Water level was rising steadily. Along came one boat, others asked him to climb onto it to save himself. He refused. He said, “ No, I will be saved by my God.” The boat left. After a while came another boat and again people insisted. He replied in the same vein.

The water level went up to the roofs finally. Then came a helicopter, and a rope was thrown to him asking to get in the helicopter. Again, the same answer. In a short while the man was upto his neck in water, and eventually died.
He reached heaven and bursting with anger, asked God why He didn’t come to his rescue, when he was an ardent devotee. God replied, “Foolish fellow, the rescue teams in the boat and the helicopter were sent by me. But it was you who did not want to save yourself. How can I do anything about it? I gave you three options, but you declined them yourself.”

THE MESSAGE

In this world we will, of course, have to face difficulties and problems, we do pray to God during those times, but we have to continue working hard. People who blame their luck for their misfortune or spill it on God will forever remain where they are, since God too loves those who work unceasingly and do not sit idle.

Two Simple Quiz - One Simple Lesson!

You don't actually have to take the quiz. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point.....

Quiz #1:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five NBA trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss India contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one..
Quiz #2:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Easier, isn’t it?

The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.

They are the ones that care.

Remember: Most important things in your life are NOT THINGS!

Don't Quit !

When things go wrong,
As they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far ;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit

5 'A's to keep you ahead of all

These 5 ‘A’s could make you Stay ahead of competition, people and their thoughts, so read carefully:
  1. Aspire: one should dream and yearn for great things in life.
  2. Aim: now one should sharply focus on the most important aspiration/s that will yield you maximum benefit.
  3. Acquire: after aiming, we should acquire competencies to reach our goal.
  4. Act: get after the aim as if your whole life depends on it- perform, perform, perform.
  5. Achieve: once you act with great pace, strong determination and great conviction, nothing, I repeat- nothing, can stop you from achieving glory.
The above 5 ‘A’s will definitely make you stay ahead.

[FONT=&quot]10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
Dr. Wayne Dyer

The First Secret:
Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.

The Second Secret:
Don't die with your music still in you.

The Third Secret:
You can't give away what you don't have.

The Forth Secret:
Embrace silence.

The Fifth Secret:
Give up your personal history.

The Six Secret:
You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.

The Seventh Secret:
There are no justified resentments.

The Eighth Secret:
Treat yourself as if you already are what you'd like to be.

The Ninth Secret:
Treasure your Divinity.

The Tenth Secret:
Wisdom is avoiding all thoughts that weaken you.[/FONT]

5 'A's to keep you ahead of all

These 5 ‘A’s could make you Stay ahead of competition, people and their thoughts, so read carefully:
  1. Aspire: one should dream and yearn for great things in life.
  2. Aim: now one should sharply focus on the most important aspiration/s that will yield you maximum benefit.
  3. Acquire: after aiming, we should acquire competencies to reach our goal.
  4. Act: get after the aim as if your whole life depends on it- perform, perform, perform.
  5. Achieve: once you act with great pace, strong determination and great conviction, nothing, I repeat- nothing, can stop you from achieving glory.
The above 5 ‘A’s will definitely make you stay ahead.
Thank you so much Karthik bhai... for the meaningful and for the very much needed motivational quotes.....

[FONT=&quot]Don’t draw conclusions until you know all the facts!

One old man was sitting with his 25 year old son in the train. Train is about to leave the station. All passengers are settling down their seat. As train started, young man was filled with lot of joy and curiosity.

He was sitting on the window side. He put out one hand and feeling the passing air, he shouted, "Papa see all trees are going behind".

Old man smiled and admired son’s feelings. Beside the young man one couple was sitting and listening to all the conversation between father and son.

They were little awkward with the attitude of 25 years old man behaving like a small child. Suddenly the young man again shouted, "Papa see the pond and animals. Clouds are moving with train". Couple was watching the young man in embarrassment. Now it starts raining and some of water drops touch the young man's hand.

He is filled with joy and he closed the eyes. He shouted again, "Papa it's raining, water is touching me, see papa".

Couple couldn't help themselves and ask the old man.

"Why don't you visit the Doctor and get treatment for your son."

Old man said, “Yes, We are coming from the hospital as today my son got his eye sight for first time in his life".

Moral: Don’t draw conclusions until you know all the facts![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A known story for all with a newly told message….[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Four blind men once visited the king. The king gifted them an elephant and asked them to describe what they sensed. The blind man standing near the tail thought the elephant to resemble a rope. The one near the leg felt the animal to be a tree trunk. The person standing near the trunk thought it to be a snake, and for the one facing his stomach, the mammal was like a thick wall. This being said, a heated argument broke out amongst the four of them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MESSAGE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The moral is that everybody ultimately experiences the world the way he/she thinks of it. What may be wrong for one person could be just the ultimate for another. One person’s manna dew is another man’s poison! The depth of our understanding totally depends on our way of thinking and experiences. We tend to press forward an argument, however hollow it may be. There can be drastically different opinions of people on the same topic, and everyone goes around ranting one’s own philosophy. [/FONT]

Dear Anandi
Don’t draw conclusions until you know all the facts!

One old man was sitting with his 25 year old son in the train. Train is about to leave the station. All passengers are settling down their seat. As train started, young man was filled with lot of joy and curiosity.

Really touching! Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece with us!

Kind regards

THE EMPEROR’S SUCCESSOR

An Emperor in the Far East was growing old and knew it was time to choose his successor. Instead of choosing one of his assistants or his children, he decided something different. He called the young people in the kingdom together one day. He said, “It is time for me to step down and choose the next emperor. I have decided to choose one of you.” His children were shocked! But the Emperor continued. “I am going to give each one of you a seed today, one very special seed. I want you to plant the seed, water it and come back here one year from today with what you have grown from this one seed. I will then judge the plants you bring, and the one I choose will be the next emperor!” One boy named Ling was there that day, and he, like the others, received a seed. He went home and excitedly told his mother the story. She helped him get a pot and planting soil, and the planted the seed and watered it carefully. Every day he would water it and watch to see if it had grown. After about three weeks, some of the other youths began to talk about their seeds and the plants that were beginning to grow. Ling kept checking his seed, but nothing ever grew. Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks went by. Still nothing! By now, others were talking about their plants but Ling did not have a plant and he felt like a failure. Six months went by; but still nothing in Ling’s pot. He just knew that he had killed his seed. Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Ling didn’t say anything to his friends, however. He just kept waiting for his seed grow. A year finally went by and all of the youths of the kingdom brought their plants to the emperor for inspection. Ling told his mother that he wasn’t going to take an empty pot but his mother said he must be honest about what happened. Ling felt sick to his stomach, but he knew his mother was right. He took his empty pot to the palace. When king arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other youths. The were beautiful-in all shape and sizes. Ling put his empty pot on the floor and many of the other kids laughed at him. A few felt sorry for him and just said, “Hey, nice try.” When the Emperor arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted he young people. Ling just tried t hide in the back. “My, what great plants, trees and flowers you have grown,” said the Emperor. “Today, one of you will be appointed the next emperor!” All of the sudden, the Emperor spotted Ling at the back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered his guards to bring him to the front. Ling was terrified. “The Emperor knows I am a failure! Maybe he will have me killed!” When Ling got to the front, the Emperor asked his name. “My name is Ling,” he replied. All the kids were laughing and making fun of him. The Emperor asked everyone to quiet down. He looked at Ling, and then announced to the crowd, “Behold your new emperor! His name is Ling!” Ling couldn’t believe it. Ling couldn’t even grow his seed. How could he be the new emperor? Then the Emperor said, “One year ago today, I gave everyone here a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it, and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds, which would not grow. All of you, except Ling, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you found that the seed would not grow, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Ling was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore, he is the one who will be the new emperor!”

A Lovely Lesson
" There was once a lonely girl who longed desperately for love. One day while she was walking in the woods she found two starving song birds. She took them home and put them in a small glided cage. She nurtured them with love and the birds grew strong. Every morning they greeted her with a marvellous song. The girl felt great love for the birds. She wanted their singing to last forever.

One day the girl left the door to the cage open. The larger and stronger of the two birds flew from the cage. The girl watched anxiously as he circled high above her. She was so frightened that he would fly away and she would never see him again that as he flew close, she grasped at him wildly. She caught him in her fist. She clutched him tightly within her hand. Her heart gladened at her sucess in capturing him. Suddenly she felt the bird go limp. She opened her hand stared in horror at the dead bird. Her desperate clutching love had killed him.

She noticed the other bird teteering on the edge of the cage. She could feel his great need for freedom. His need to soar into the clear, blue sky. She lifted him from the cage and tossed him softly into the air. The bird circled once, twice, three times.

The girl watched delighted at the bird's enjoyment. Her heart was no longer concerned with her loss. She wanted the bird to be happy. Suddenly the bird flew closer and landed softly on her shoulder. It sang the sweetest melody, she had ever heard.

" The fastest way to lose love is to hold on too tight, the best way to keep love is to give it -- WINGS! "

Never Be a Prisoner of your Past, Be an Architect of your Future

Nice thread.

It was not an article but a story that Arun Gandhi (Grand son of Mahatma) narrated in one of his lectures I read a few years ago that reminds me of powerful parenting and non-violence that his father taught him. Instead of punishing him for telling a lie, his father had taught him by a simple act of non-violence to never lie again!! I would let you read the story yourselves, but quite simply to put in a nutshell it goes like this: Arun's father had asked him to drive him to town and had asked him to pick him up again in the evening at 5pm. The lad after finishing all the chores ended up watching a double bill and did not realize he was late to pick up his father. He met his father around 6pm and when his father asked him why he was late, he chose to lie to him not knowing his father had already found out why he was late!! Instead of punishing his son, his dad simply told him that there was something wrong in his upbringing and he would figure out himself where he went wrong by walking back to the house 5 1/2 hours!!! The poor lad learnt the best lesson of his life not to lie again by suffering the agony of his father walk home in pain all those miles by driving behind him!!! How incredible...this has been one of the most inspiring stories of parenting to me and how effective!!

https://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/nonviolence/#more-796

Take care folks

Nice thread.

It was not an article but a story that Arun Gandhi (Grand son of Mahatma) narrated in one of his lectures I read a few years ago that reminds me of powerful parenting and non-violence that his father taught him. Instead of punishing him for telling a lie, his father had taught him by a simple act of non-violence to never lie again!! I would let you read the story yourselves, but quite simply to put in a nutshell it goes like this: Arun's father had asked him to drive him to town and had asked him to pick him up again in the evening at 5pm. The lad after finishing all the chores ended up watching a double bill and did not realize he was late to pick up his father. He met his father around 6pm and when his father asked him why he was late, he chose to lie to him not knowing his father had already found out why he was late!! Instead of punishing his son, his dad simply told him that there was something wrong in his upbringing and he would figure out himself where he went wrong by walking back to the house 5 1/2 hours!!! The poor lad learnt the best lesson of his life not to lie again by suffering the agony of his father walk home in pain all those miles by driving behind him!!! How incredible...this has been one of the most inspiring stories of parenting to me and how effective!!

https://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/nonviolence/#more-796

Take care folks
Nice information sir, what we can pass to our friends is such kinds of articles only. it will boost our morale as well as readers morale too. Thank you so much for the contribution sir. Expecting more from you. thanks and regards Anandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back