• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Logical Understanding and Applications of Spirituality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once a person goes beyond self and genuinely cares for others, thoughts begin to become powerful and that marks the beginning of acquisition of spiritual power.

The next step to not only show concern for one using mental force but also try to do something positive for him. It is like a mother showing a proactive concern for a handicapped child.

Tactic 3 - Try to offer enduring help for those who invariably use mental force
Rationale that props this up - People who invariably use mental force have a serious problem and need sustained help. As someone who is in a privileged position to help, should try to help him or her

If one is through this step, one would have mastered his negative emotions

The final stage is seeing the timeless. There is no room for even excessive positive emotions. Everything should be brought under perfect balance and in perfect harmony. You are effectively trying to disassociate from the physical world and become one with the ultimate reality. One stays on in the physical world at this level of spirituality only to create a mass and enduring impact. There is a special purpose for such persons living in the world. Persons of that level who lived on earth can be counted on fingers and are founders of great religions.

One important note. The approach to a person who uses force should also be on the level of his maturity. I think there are levels of maturity among such people too, but the most common we see are of the lowest maturity. In such cases trying to be positive towards them may badly misfire though it may work on someone with a higher level of maturity.

I will now get back to macrocosm. I have already briefly touched upon the nature of timeless reality, space and time. I will talk about other aspects such as physical energy, physical forces and physical laws and how they relate to spiritual knowledge.

I believe that the knowledge we get about the physical forces and other physical reality through the physical laws and theories are nothing but the laws of maya and if one sees what lies beneath such laws one can see the spiritual laws.

We have three separate realities , one is the physical reality which we physically experience and for most of us that seems to be the only reality. We then have the mental and the spiritual reality. Some may accept mental reality as a separate reality but very few have spiritual experiences and so many cannot accept it as a reality.

Last edited:
Think about this. Physical laws describe the physical reality. Laws are above the system that they are concerned with and cannot be influenced by that system. The fact that they are laws by which the universe is governed implies there is something above the universe. Order cannot come from chaos and intelligent beings cannot come by chance. If they do it only means we have not understood chaos or chance and the bigger picture properly.

Last edited:
If one tries to understand if there is purpose to the various aspects of physical reality, I think there is. The purpose of the physical forces on humans for example is to keep them bound to their influence. They limit our natural spiritual abilities. The reason our natural spiritual ability is limited is because we are supposed to get them back through elevation of the mind.

Last edited:
The universe works in a precise way because of the spiritual objectives. Evolution has to be happen first and then finally dissolution back into the ultimate spiritual reality. This requires happening of events in an orderly way and therefore precise laws.

Destiny is nothing but everything happening according to certain laws. The future outcome is decided and not probable or uncertain. So there are laws that govern everything in the universe which are physical energy, matter, life and mental beings. Science has just scratched the surface of laws and still has a long way to go before it understands all these laws.

Astrology is one body of knowledge that looks into the future successfully but I believe no knowledge can help us to fully know the future and astrology is as close as it comes.

When an apple is falling to the ground most of us see nothing special in it and see only the apple and its falling to the ground. But a mentally very acute mind sees something different. It sees beneath that event and that is how it is said the theory of gravitation was developed. This case is one seeing the mental reality beneath the physical events.

Similarly I believe there is spiritual significance to all the events and only a spiritually tuned mind can see the significance and for most of us it is events acting out physically.

It is for understanding the spiritual significance and the truth that we go through various experiences in the physical world. Understanding the spiritual truths can enduringly happen as the mind evolves. As the mind evolves we begin to see the connections in our experiences and see what lies beneath.

We evolved from lower levels of energy such as physical energy into mental and spiritual beings. I believe that physical laws are of greater significance to lower levels of existences and for them to evolve. It is the spiritual laws that are of primary significance to mental beings like the humans.

We evolved from lower levels of energy such as physical energy into mental and spiritual beings. I believe that physical laws are of greater significance to lower levels of existences and for them to evolve. It is the spiritual laws that are of primary significance to mental beings like the humans.

Dear Sravna,

Do I see some shades of elevated status here when you say that physical laws are of greater significance to lower levels of existence?

No matter how so called highly evolved a person is ..he/she is still subject to physical laws.

Dear Sravna,

Do I see some shades of elevated status here when you say that physical laws are of greater significance to lower levels of existence?

No matter how so called highly evolved a person is ..he/she is still subject to physical laws.

Dear Renuka,

We are subject to physical laws because of our physical body but our mind and soul are not subject to physical laws. It is the higher knowledge or the spiritual laws that are of real significance for our evolution than the knowledge about the workings of the physical world.

Let me add that one would not be subject to physical laws if fully self realized i.e, mind completely evolved.

Let me add that one would not be subject to physical laws if fully self realized i.e, mind completely evolved.

Dear Sravna,

We are yet to have 100% proof if a mind can function without a brain.

Even according to philosophy upon death the subtle body exists and that animates the mind cos the mind is in the subtle body.

So what if there is no subtle body..can the mind function?

No idea right?

Dear Sravna,

We are yet to have 100% proof if a mind can function without a brain.

Even according to philosophy upon death the subtle body exists and that animates the mind cos the mind is in the subtle body.

So what if there is no subtle body..can the mind function?

No idea right?

Dear Renuka,

My understanding is that subtle body indicates how spiritual a body is or in other words how spiritual a mind is. At the extreme I believe subtle body extends through all of space and the body is free from any physical effect.

Dear Renuka,

My understanding is that subtle body indicates how spiritual a body is or in other words how spiritual a mind is. At the extreme I believe subtle body extends through all of space and the body is free from any physical effect.

Dear Sravna,

I am sure you must have read about Sukshma Sharira.

Its also a vehicle that houses the Atma that is "situated" owing to Karmic debts.

Suskhma Sharira is of a different frequency but otherwise it mimics the Physical body too.

Everyone has a subtle body..no where does Philoshopy mention about spirituality of a body or a mind.

We have to leave out spirituality if we want to discuss some logical points.Otherwise we would be fitting our thoughts into pre conceived notions.

BTW even Ramakrishna Paramhansa had throat cancer.

Siva Subramuniya Swami died from Cancer Colon.

Both of them can be called spiritual/evolved but yet had physical bodies that had Cancer hence not free from physical defects.

Why?

Reason? could be purely hereditary/genetic/environmental/mutation or even some Karmic debt.

Imperfection of body or mind has nothing got to do with spirituality of a person.

Dear Sravna,

I am sure you must have read about Sukshma Sharira.

Its also a vehicle that houses the Atma that is "situated" owing to Karmic debts.

Suskhma Sharira is of a different frequency but otherwise it mimics the Physical body too.

Everyone has a subtle body..no where does Philoshopy mention about spirituality of a body or a mind.

We have to leave out spirituality if we want to discuss some logical points.Otherwise we would be fitting our thoughts into pre conceived notions.

BTW even Ramakrishna Paramhansa had throat cancer.

Siva Subramuniya Swami died from Cancer Colon.

Both of them can be called spiritual/evolved but yet had physical bodies that had Cancer hence not free from physical defects.

Why?

Reason? could be purely hereditary/genetic/environmental/mutation or even some Karmic debt.

Imperfection of body or mind has nothing got to do with spirituality of a person.

Dear Renuka,

Spirituality has a lot to do with the body state. I cannot state with so much authority had I not cured my own problems and the problems of some others. Spiritual energy makes the body immune to physical to mental effects. Your body can be in a state of order for a much longer period if under the influence of spiritual energy.

Remember this is kali yuga where the maximum span of a person is 120 years. So people born at this time cannot live according to spiritual laws more than that span even if they are spiritually evolved. It is in accordance with the natural course of destiny.

The latest articles from the Light of the Spirit Blog.

c8f373be-9eec-4d22-be89-001b1c2cce34.jpg

Clairvoyance: a Help or Hindrance for the Yogi?

By Abbot George Burke (Swami Nirmalananda Giri)

psychic-crystal-ball.jpg
Q:
If someone has a clairvoyant skill on the level of a siddhi, is it an impediment to one’s progress if indulged in? Or is this a God-given talent that can be put to use for humanity if it can be used constructively? In your experience is it difficult to strike a balance or should one focus on clarifying Awareness in the knowledge that all things are added at the proper time?

Answer:
Since our sole purpose for existing is the attainment of liberation through conscious union with God, that is what must be the center of our life. Such a centering is impossible if there are any distractions, and psychic matters are distractions.
They are also on a very low level when compared with our true goal. I have never known of a psychic ability that did not eventually prove faulty and therefore misleading and distracting as well.

Spiritual clairvoyance vs. psychic clairvoyance.

When someone evolves to a certain point, spiritual clairvoyance, which is not at all psychic clairvoyance, arises naturally. Even then, the wise yogi keeps focused on the goal of complete liberation.
However in some cases the occasional–very rare–use of spiritual clairvoyance may be used. However it will only deal with the spiritual life of the individual and will only be directed to their liberation. In other words it will only relate to the process of sadhana–nothing else.
Only after enlightenment can spiritual clairvoyance be safely exercised, and then only at the will of God. In great Masters such as Yogananda and Sivananda this “clairvoyance” is really divine consciousness, a glimmer of omniscience.
The maze of the psychism

People, including yogis, can wander for countless lifetimes in the psychic realms, whether in or out of the body. Just as a rocket only has the necessary fuel to reach the target, so the human being has only the requisite shakti (inner power) to reach union with Brahman.
If any of that power is used for another purpose, no matter how benevolent or altruistic, another lifetime will be wasted and the wheel of rebirth will keep turning.

Renuka I understand. But think this way. Spiritual power is the natural extension of intelligence and just as you can use your intelligence for the benefit of self improvement and of society, so can you do, with your spiritual abilities.

There is so much of mystery and even wrong information abounding about spirituality that many are not sure what spirituality is and how can one use it in an effective manner. Once we remove the awe and mystery and show that there is no other God than the one within us and all the spiritual laws only have spiritual development of people as their sole purpose, one should be able to free the shackles of the mystery of spirituality and be able to think properly.

Dear Sravna,

I have pasted an article above..I hope its visible.

Read it..it tells us why we should not use any spiritual energy.

People, including yogis, can wander for countless lifetimes in the psychic realms, whether in or out of the body. Just as a rocket only has the necessary fuel to reach the target, so the human being has only the requisite shakti (inner power) to reach union with Brahman.
If any of that power is used for another purpose, no matter how benevolent or altruistic, another lifetime will be wasted and the wheel of rebirth will keep turning.

Pay attention to this line...

therefore Sravna..that obviously means no fiddling with temperature...cooling boiled water..curing diseases of others..AI etc...it would only add additional karmic cycles for you.

BTW this is from a Swamiji himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back