• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Logical Understanding and Applications of Spirituality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renuka,

There is nothing to strip than what I have already through spirituality. Spirituality itself is unmasking of cloaks and you need to understand this first before any discussions on spirituality.

Dear Sravna,

I have X ray vision...I can still see that you are wearing the Cloak of Spirituality.

Dear Sravna,

I have X ray vision...I can still see that you are wearing the Cloak of Spirituality.

Dear Renuka,

No, It is definitely not just a cloak .I am serious about it. I am hopeful that my message will get across because I have seen for myself the power of spirituality and the way it can transform lives. Many people. especially those who are steeped in materialism
and who just stubbornly fail to acknowledge alternate ways of living , really have no clue about the quality of life spirituality can elevate oneself to.

Dear Renuka,

No, It is definitely not just a cloak .I am serious about it. I am hopeful that my message will get across because I have seen for myself the power of spirituality and the way it can transform lives. Many people. especially those who are steeped in materialism
and who just stubbornly fail to acknowledge alternate ways of living , really have no clue about the quality of life spirituality can elevate oneself to.

Dear Sravna,

If Spirituality too elevates quality of life..so how different is it from being materialistic?

Some might argue being materialistic too increases quality of life.

Aren't both just nothing but desires?

I guess Spirituality is the new Materialism now.

I really wonder how do you feel it can transform anyone's life when I myself keep hoping you get out of the web of spirituality you have spun around yourself.

All I can see is anguish and anxiety in your posts.

Life is about leading it..its not about trying to be spiritual or material...both are actually the same situation just turned inside out.

Last edited:
No Renuka. Let me illustrate. Some people derive happiness when other people suffer. Some others when their comforts increase and for some others , other people's happiness makes them happy. Spirituality is about the last type of happiness. You cannot deny the increasing grade of happiness among the three types. Mostly it is difficult to accept other people's experiences on face value and logic too cannot establish it. One has to go through the experiences oneself and only then will realization dawn. The arguments mostly end as meaningless exercises.

No Renuka. Let me illustrate. Some people derive happiness when other people suffer. Some others when their comforts increase and for some others , other people's happiness makes them happy. Spirituality is about the last type of happiness. You cannot deny the increasing grade of happiness among the three types. Mostly it is difficult to accept other people's experiences on face value and logic too cannot establish it. One has to go through the experiences oneself and only then will realization dawn. The arguments mostly end as meaningless exercises.

Dear Sravna,

Its just various types of human nature.

I hate to see suffering of anyone but I feel happy to see others happy.

I do not think there is anything spiritual about this.

Its just that SELF suffers when it sees suffering and SELF rejoices when it sees happiness of any kind be personal or for others.

We humans personalize each experience and feel accordingly.

Its just plain human to feel sad for others and feel happy for others too.

One is only a saint if one is not affected by either happiness or sorrow of others yet renders the needed help and praise.

Originally Posted by sravna
Mostly it is difficult to accept other people's experiences on face value and logic too cannot establish it. One has to go through the experiences oneself and only then will realization dawn. The arguments mostly end as meaningless exercises.

Dear Sravna,

Ok I have seen ghosts..not many would believe me...thats fine.

You yourself doubt if Ghost exists.

But I do not wish to convert the whole world into believing I saw a ghost.

Cos I can not logically prove it....only once I caught an image on CCTV where a door opened and closed on its own and a hazy image walked by.

But even then some might say it was the wind opening the door..hazy image could have been lights crossing at different angles.

So its always hard to convince anyone..so that is why I am surprised that you wish to make everyone believe you that spirituality gives multiple pleasurable sensations.

Why?

Dear Renuka,

One truth I would like to emphasize again is that I am not trying to convince people for any personal gains whether finance or popularity or to satisfy ego. I genuinely believe in the potential of possessing a certain mindset which we call as spirituality in helping people to cope up with real problems a lot better and in being able to bestowing happiness on them.

People generally cope up with problems in a negative way and that only builds up the pressure and results in loss of happiness. There are positive ways to cope up with problems by seeing everything in the right perspective and acting accordingly. Spirituality helps people in enhancing their quality of life and also help promote peace and harmony in society.

Spirituality helps people in enhancing their quality of life and also help promote peace and harmony in society.

Dear Sravna,

I am not saying you are doing it for any gain of any kind...but its just it seems a bit unreal to fully depend on spirituality.

Once I had a conversation with a psychiatrist who came for a seminar and she sounded like you...she in fact said she encourages people to be spiritual and talk to God.

I asked her...as it many people have delusions ..and we ask them to talk to God..there is a high chance a person would start imagining they are talking to God and getting some revelation from God.

Its risky..cos even a slight delusion is enough to bring ruin to the human mind.

So Sravna...I feel spirituality does not really have any effect on anyone.

Peace and harmony never existed even in other Yugas....flux is the middle name of existence.

Its just as simple as that.

Dear Renuka,

Not boasting but I can take extreme pressures without reacting negatively. The reason I think this is possible is because I have an inbuilt system which sees things in a perspective which is not negative. This coping up with pressure is very critical and that is what really decides how free people are from the influences of environment. If people can do that everything would be just fine. The good news is it is eminently possible though not easy and spirituality can ingrain that in you.

Dear Renuka,

Not boasting but I can take extreme pressures without reacting negatively. The reason I think this is possible is because I have an inbuilt system which sees things in a perspective which is not negative. This coping up with pressure is very critical and that is what really decides how free people are from the influences of environment. If people can do that everything would be just fine. The good news is it is eminently possible though not easy and spirituality can ingrain that in you.

Dear Sravna,

Personally I feel your Spiritual involvement is masking your inability to cope with extreme pressure.

I feel every human has a breaking point...its normal..who wants to cope with extreme pressure repeatedly?

Its not healthy to be in stressful situations but I prefer to not cover up my inabilities to cope by turning spiritual cos thats almost like untruth.

Please dont take anything here personally..I am just being open on how I view life.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

Its Normal to feel unable to cope with extreme pressure.

Its also Normal to feel able to survive extreme pressure.

Its becos of the inability to cope that kicks start the survival mechanism in humans.

Inability to cope is not a sign of weakness or lack of spirituality...its a sign of body learning to cope.

Only when we fall..we know how to stand up...we all learnt to walk that way.

By going extreme spiritual one goes into denial mode where one does not really know their coping mechanism and the fine line between real and unreal disappears.

I am not saying spirituality is wrong ..its fine in normal doses..but an overdose of any kind is a totally not what anyone would prescribe.

Also Sravna...by being too Spiritual one has very less Iman.

They become easily destabilized when faced with a different mode of thinking.

I am sure you would have noticed some go into Panic mode the moment a variant is suggested.

This is becos of lack of Iman in ones true self that they might not be able to withstand anything different..fear they would get influenced..its fear of self that one starts to play moral police.

BTW Iman in this context means Faith.

Dear Renuka,

Learning is not just about making mistakes and responding but in responding in the right way to failures. You will learn nothing if your response to failures is not appropriate. Many a time one's response makes the matters worse. How do you react in the right way? It is by keeping your emotions under check and eventually transcending them. And I am not saying you can reach that stage of evolution without going through other steps . It is a gradual process and you keep learning all along.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Learning is not just about making mistakes but in responding in the right way to failures. You will learn nothing if your response to failures is not appropriate. Many a time one's response makes the matters worse. How do you react in the right way? It is by keeping your emotions under check and eventually transcending them. And I am not saying you can reach that stage of evolution without going through other steps . It is a gradual process and you keep learning all along.

Dear Sravna,

We have been conditioned to think that there is only Right and Wrong.

Personally I feel both Right and Wrong are no different..both are merely experiences.

This is the exact reason why Spirituality blinds a person...its deluding people to think there has to be only RIGHT.

That is not how I want to view life.

Even in Geeta Lord Krishna does not deny happiness/sorrow...loss/gain..victory/defeat.

Likewise one should learn to handle everything and not focus on being RIGHT alone.

There is no Right...there is no Wrong either..it all depends on how our mind views the outcome..if we like it we call it Right..if we dislike it we call it Wrong.

Dear Renuka,

This thinking of no right or no wrong is convenient to people who would not like to control their senses or the force of mind. The philosophy suits them but the fact is what is right is, possessing a set of beliefs that are not contradicting one another. Your beliefs will contradict if you think of the prosperity of self alone.

There is an absolute right and wrong though that thought does not suit the interests of people thinking only of self advancement. It is bad for such people too as such thinking is self destructive.

To understand the intricacies of space and time, it is necessary to understand the science of not only spiritual energy but also the science of maya. I know for sure that spiritual energy is real and accessible but to employ it for any practical purpose, I think we need to understand maya. I am sure that the force of maya exists based on my experience with spiritual energy.

Let me think about this and get back. Meanwhile, any other views most welcome.

Adding maya to spiritual energy results in physical or mental energy.

Removing maya from physical and mental energy results in spiritual energy

The second phenomenon is known first hand to me or to anyone who uses spiritual power. The first phenomenon is also interesting. Is it possible to access maya through spiritual power and can it be employed just like spiritual energy is being employed?

I will try to come up with answers based on my experiences.

Last edited:
Adding maya to spiritual energy results in physical or mental energy.

Removing maya from physical and mental energy results in spiritual energy

The second phenomenon is known first hand to me or to anyone who uses spiritual power.

Dear Sravna,

Logically even Adi Shankara never spoke about adding or removing Maya.

You seemed to be able to isolate Maya as to add and subtract it.

How the heck did you do that..something even Rishis could not?

Dear Sravna,

Logically even Adi Shankara never spoke about adding or removing Maya.

You seemed to be able to isolate Maya as to add and subtract it.

How the heck did you do that..something even Rishis could not?

Dear Renuka,

What I mean is using spiritual energy on physical energy makes it spiritual. Is it not equivalent to removing maya?

Dear Renuka,

What I mean is using spiritual energy on physical energy makes it spiritual. Is it not equivalent to removing maya?

NO!

If you read Hindu philosophy it says no one knows the beginning of Maya.

Let me paste what I pasted in Forum sometime back.

When the objective world is ignored,set aside,denied or discovered to be immanent in the Divine,the jeeva is no more.
Ishvara(personalized God) is also superflous and disappears.And when the Ishvara has faded out,the Brahman alone is.
When a personalized God,jeeva and prakriti(the objective world) are non existent in the developed consciousness of man,Maya the progenitor of all three cannot persists.

So its not about isolating Maya or using Spiritual Energy and trying to add or subtract.

No one can do that.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Consider for example the chakras in our body. They are in dormant state or not activated for many and that is because they are being veiled by maya. You can google and know this truth about kundalini and maya.

So when kundalini is awakened or activated it means maya is being removed. I know that using spiritual power kundalini shakthi can be activated.

I have done that and doing it regularly to rise the spiritual energy.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Consider for example the chakras in our body. They are in dormant state or not activated for many and that is because they are being veiled by maya. You can google and know this truth about kundalini and maya.

So when kundalini is awakened or activated it means maya is being removed. I know that using spiritual power kundalini shakthi can be activated.

Come on, I have done that and doing it regularly to rise the spiritual energy.

Kya Yaar..Come on Come on.

Do you know that the Subtle body too is active and not entirely dormant.

Without the Subtle body there is no Shivam(Auspiciousness) there is only Shavam(Corpse).

For each Chakra in the body there is a corresponding physical plexus of nerves..I know this cos I have dissected the human body..not seen Chakras but seen the physical nerve plexus.

According to philosophy the Chakras are the power houses for the physical plexus.

The anatomy of the Subtle body mapped out by Rishis too have their own Nervous System and Brain..the Brain here being the Sahasrara Chakra.

Toh Yeh Kundalini ...it is present for everyone...activated or not does NOT equal to Maya being removed.

Its simple plain activation like how electricity activates a Compact Disc.

Activation of Kundalini is merely a technique which can even lead to Siddhic powers and also Delusion if not properly activated.

Surely practiced correctly it is supposed to aid realization.

But even this stage of Kundalini activation has to be transcended and at each and every stage even after activation of Sahasrarara Chakra..Maya still exists.

Do not believe everything from Google...Better to read time tested books. You can get them at Ramakrishna Mutt.

Last edited:
Ok .since you say that you have been activating Kundalini and its removing effect of Maya.

Let me ask you a few questions;

1)What is your name?

2)Which community do you belong to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back