• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Logical Understanding and Applications of Spirituality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body exists for pleasure. It experiences pleasure through sense organs and through the sex organ. The pleasure one experiences through these cannot by itself produce pleasure in others and nor do we because of others pleasure experience pleasure. So pleasure which is the positive experience of the body is a personal experience.

Mind exists for happiness. Whatever it does is patently or latently for happiness. But unlike pleasure, happiness in others can create happiness in us and so can our happiness create happiness in others. So it is a less selfish experience than pleasure.

Soul exists for bliss. It is an absolute positive experience and is an unconditional response irrespective of others behavior towards us. We always think and wish well for others unconditionally and so we experience no negative feelings.

What capabilities do body, mind and soul possess to accomplish their purpose? Body can perform actions and use physical force. Mind can create thoughts which can be implemented by actions. Soul can by the power of thoughts alone accomplish its objectives. So each has its capabilities using physical energy and actions, mental energy and actions and spiritual energy respectively.

The mind and body constantly interact and I believe that the soul dose not react till whole life experience is available i.e, does not react from one's birth to one's death and reacts after death. Based on that, the mind gets altered and the type of body in the next birth is decided.

Mind and body have their nature but they also get influenced by the environment. The greater the strength of the mind the lesser the influence of environment. The strength of the mind is received from the soul. The soul if it is sufficiently evolved can pass on its strength as spiritual energy to the mind which can then employ it.

Folks,

Now I am going to discuss an important application of spirituality, which is creating artificial intelligence. I would like this to be a collaborative effort and urge experts visiting this forum to join the discussion. Automation of intelligence will be the biggest leap of science and be the greatest thrust to the preeminence of the country developing it . In my view human like intelligence can be produced only by using spiritual energy and not by writing algorithms or by developing sophisticated hardware.t

The basic idea :

The machine should be able to be wise and should have capabilities more than just analytical intelligence. This can happen if something like mind can be created. Thus the intelligence should come from spiritual energy which needs to be stored and constantly replenished.There needs to be the capability to convert language to thoughts which will be the input to the spiritual energy. The spiritual energy automatically generates thoughts as output which can be converted back as language.

I am not sure if technology exists for translating language to thoughts but the following idea occurred to me:

We convert thoughts to speech and so thoughts are first formed in our brain before we speak. If we are able to directly tap those thoughts, the need for conversion would not be there.

Similarly, thoughts generated by spiritual energy can be beamed on to the brain directly. That would be lot easier and accurate than converting into language.

The real challenge is in the storing of spiritual energy. Actually, spiritual energy can be projected onto and stored in anything. But the extent of spiritual energy that can be stored it seems depends on how orderly the structure of the storage medium is. For example crystals are supposed to store spiritual energy well and they are said to even possess healing powers because of that.

But I think even crystals have a limitation in storing very high potent spiritual energy. The best structure that can store spiritual energy is the human body which can store and use any amount of spiritual energy.

What are your thoughts folks?

Dear Folks,

Mulling more on the topic it strikes me that the hardware and the software that run the most powerful supercomputer in the world is a joke compared to the human body and mind. I will share more of my thoughts soon.

Here is a very sketchy idea on how to store potent spiritual energy. It seems we can use crystals, many of them as building blocks of the system. Each crystal stores a particular type of knowledge i.e,limited spiritual energy and is there should be a network of such crystals Great synergy should be created because of the way the crystals are interconnected and result in a higher level potent spiritual energy.

The human body needs to be studied for understanding how each part may correspond to a particular energy and how the parts are interconnected so that it acts as a model for the crystal hardware.

I am not sure if technology exists for translating language to thoughts but the following idea occurred to me:

We convert thoughts to speech and so thoughts are first formed in our brain before we speak. If we are able to directly tap those thoughts, the need for conversion would not be there.

Yes...Sravna...such a technology exists.

Have you ever been in a room full of people but yet two people can connect to each other merely by looking at each other and by looking at each others face one knows what the other is thinking?

No words spoken...no spiritual energy...no nothing..just eyes and glances say it all.

Sravna ...I think to understand spirituality better you need to FALL IN LOVE.

If you get time try to fall in love with someone be it your wife or anyone you fancy cos once the brain gets it dopamine and serotonin boost..spirituality would be better understood.

Here is a very sketchy idea on how to store potent spiritual energy. It seems we can use crystals, many of them as building blocks of the system. Each crystal stores a particular type of knowledge i.e,limited spiritual energy and is there should be a network of such crystals Great synergy should be created because of the way the crystals are interconnected and result in a higher level potent spiritual energy.

The human body needs to be studied for understanding how each part may correspond to a particular energy and how the parts are interconnected so that it acts as a model for the crystal hardware.

Sravna...the body already has a Subtle body and its chakras that houses the animation power for the physical body.

I dont get it..you havent really decided on a unit to measure spiritual energy..no formula yet..patterns not mapped out yet...no feedback mechanisms yet..its only intuition based as you have said..so why talk about storage?

We have to know what we are storing isnt it in order for effective storage?

For example can we store an elephant in a refrigerator?

Likewise..without knowing anything technical about spiritual energy ..how on earth to imagine storing it.

Sravna...I feel you are only using up substrates to for thought process for something that does not exists.

Reality is very simple..its either it exists or it does not.

Choice is yours.

Sravna...the body already has a Subtle body and its chakras that houses the animation power for the physical body.

I dont get it..you havent really decided on a unit to measure spiritual energy..no formula yet..patterns not mapped out yet...no feedback mechanisms yet..its only intuition based as you have said..so why talk about storage?

We have to know what we are storing isnt it in order for effective storage?

For example can we store an elephant in a refrigerator?

Likewise..without knowing anything technical about spiritual energy ..how on earth to imagine storing it.

Sravna...I feel you are only using up substrates to for thought process for something that does not exists.

Reality is very simple..its either it exists or it does not.

Choice is yours.

Dear Renuka,

I have some understanding of spiritual energy. Be a little patient. Let me develop the ideas.

Folks,

For those who are would like to know more about spiritual energy, let me develop the idea of spiritual energy

In common understanding spiritual energy is that which transcends space and time. The pure energy I was talking about is spiritual energy. It is unchanging in nature and the first and foremost characteristic of spiritual energy is that it is unchanging in nature. But I would like to use the term spiritual energy to anything which will take off the force of physical and mental energy.

Spiritual energy is something that is composed of connected physical energies i.,e energies which are in synchronization with one another. The synchronizations create a holistic steady state energy taking off the effect of the constantly changing nature of the physical energies which compose them.

Where are they created ?

Spiritual energies are created as I discussed earlier when matter evolves to life forms which then evolves to mental form. Mind is thus created which as I discussed again before has a higher consciousness in soul. The soul becomes the source of spiritual energy because the soul is a spiritual entity.

The energy that the mind gets comes as interconnected energies from the soul which the mind can project onto the external reality.

How is force taken off from physical energy by spiritual energy?

When physical energy and spiritual energy come into contact, the physical energy synchronizes with the spiritual energy and merges into the steady state spiritual energy and thus the effect of physical energy is lost.

Broadly speaking, for a structure to store the spiritual energy, it has to exhibit order, otherwise it seems that the order in the spiritual energy will be lost. Crystals are orderly structures and hence are able to capture spiritual energy.

Broadly speaking, for a structure to store the spiritual energy, it has to exhibit order, otherwise it seems that the order in the spiritual energy will be lost. Crystals are orderly structures and hence are able to capture spiritual energy.

Dear Sravna,

You have been giving an impression that almost everything Physical is "lesser" than anything Spiritual..spiritual energy is timeless,pure etc..but now you are advocating crystals to be used to store spiritual energy when a crystal is a mere physical object that does not come with consciousness.

Previously you had said Spiritual energy is self renewing..does not derive its power from anything else..so shouldnt it be self storing too?

Now you feel crystals are organized structures?

So what about the human body?

The human body is one of the most organized structure in the world becos we come with consciousness...we are not Inert lattice crystals.

So if you talk about spiritual power being superior but yet look for its storage outside the human body...I guess Sravna your theory comes crumbling down.

Spiritual power does not need storage if you claim its harmonizing..something that harmonizes is technically beyond bondage and beyond freedom.

Na Muktir Na Bandhah...Chidananda Roopam Shivo' ham Shivo' ham.

Dear Renuka,

Your point is a good one. That is the real challenge I am up against here. You have this spiritual energy which is conscious and intelligent but needs to be captured by something physical. BTW as you say human body is also physical but it has access to spiritual energy as higher consciousness.

Similarly, you really do not use the physical structure to store spiritual energy but only try to use it for localizing the energy around the structure.

With a little tweak, Sravna's take on SE would read thus.

Folks,

For those who are would like to know more about "aliens", let me develop the idea of "aliens"

In common understanding "an alien" is that which transcends space and time. The pure "being"I was talking about is "an alien". It is unchanging in nature and the first and foremost characteristic of "an alien" is that it is unchanging in nature. But I would like to use the term "alien" to anything which will take off the force of physical and mental "being".

"an alien" is something that is composed of connected physical "beings" i.,e "beings" which are in synchronization with one another. The synchronizations create a holistic steady state "being" taking off the effect of the constantly changing nature of the physical "beings" which compose them.

Where are they created ?

"aliens" are created as I discussed earlier when matter evolves to life forms which then evolves to mental form. Mind is thus created which as I discussed again before has a higher consciousness in soul. The soul becomes the source of "aliens" because the soul is a spiritual entity.

The "being" that the mind gets comes as interconnected "beings" from the soul which the mind can project onto the external reality.

How is force taken off from physical "being" by spiritual "being"?

When physical "being" and spiritual "being" come into contact, the physical "being" synchronizes with the spiritual "being" and merges into the steady state spiritual "being" and thus the effect of physical "being" is lost.

It looks like I need the develop the idea of space and time in greater detail before I can make real progress in the solution to AI.

Let us look at space in more detail. Perception of a thing is caused because it is constantly changing. We would not be able to perceive something that is unchanging unless what is perceiving is spiritual i.,e only when our mind is spiritual.

Folks,

A note of caution before I proceed further. I present the material here which I get through intuition. They may not seem connected fully but hopefully the understanding should keep improving as I proceed. Kindly bear with me till then.

We see the expanse of space because there are differences in energy between points in space.

In my discussion we saw that space is projected from time. That means that it is disconnected time which happens when energy barriers are placed in the energy of time. It makes sense because we put together the lower knowledge acquired through senses and instruments to acquire higher knowledge.

Last edited:
Let us look at space in more detail. Perception of a thing is caused because it is constantly changing. We would not be able to perceive something that is unchanging unless what is perceiving is spiritual i.,e only when our mind is spiritual.

Dear Sravna,

What has spirituality got to do with the Unchanging?

In fact what is a mind still doing there when the state of Unchanging is perceived?

That which "perceives" the Unchanging is NOT the Mind.

The Mind still needs its relay of input from sensory perception..so whether its the mind of a serial killer or a saint both are still using sensory input..therefore there is nothing spiritual of any perception that still goes thru the senses and mind.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Spiritual energy spans a spectrum and mind exists till the end of the spectrum is reached. In that spectrum mind is spiritual in nature.

Dear Renuka,

Spiritual energy spans a spectrum and mind exists till the end of the spectrum is reached. In that spectrum mind is spiritual in nature.

As long as the mind exists...its prone to fluctuations of thoughts due to sensory inputs.

So all we can say is the Mind exists but I would not want to deceive myself into believing its spiritual in nature.

Its like a disease lying dormant..no clinical signs and symptoms..but potential for disease still exists.....like wise as long as the mind exists..so does the subconscious mind...in the waking state one can choose to believe his/her mind is spiritual but no one can cheat the subconscious mind.

Most of the Vasanas known to us are actually in the subconscious mind...cos consciously we can choose to deny it.

Dear Sravna,

The bulk of understanding our true human nature and its evolution of thought is to be brutally honest.

From my interaction with many spiritual aspirants I have met in my life...this honesty is lacking.

Mostly choose to define themselves as being on the right path..some even claiming to have a good lineage of spirituality but hardly anyone I have met has defined themselves in truthful terms.

This I feel is the greatest delusion of all.

The question one should ask one's self is..."Am I what I really think I am ? or Am I trying to fit into an ideology to make myself feel better?"

Sravna...repeatedly I had written before to ditch the Spiritual Tag in discussions cos that masks the truth...we never really get to see our naked true selves if we wear cloaks of any kind.

So get real...strip yourself...then may be some understanding of spirituality would actually start to take form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back