• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Tamil Nadu, even the divisions in brahmins and some sub-sect in each division, HAS some superiority complex.
pride.png

But advantages? Nothing, with the reservation policies in educational institutions!

I saw a latest movie yesterday and the theme was about a college, which collects huge capitation fee and regular fees,
with absolutely NO facilities. Education has become really expensive! :popcorn:

Many brahmins have to pay through their nose, to get a professional degree for their son / daughter! :nod:

There is no point in explaining and expressing the problems currently being faced by Bs. Corpus fund is the only answer.

Yeah! As long as racism prevails, caste-ism will also prevail! :boink:

That was really a good one.

People who live in a country which got freedom two hundred years back still practices racism come here to pass comments against caste-ism in India, is nothing but 'Kettle calling the pot black'.

An 'evergreen' topic proves a good fodder for few every now and then.

May their tribe grow and keep the Forum 'live'.

N.B: Just sharing the link of a similar topic opened way back in 2011 say about six years back! This was shared only for the sake of members who may be interested in going for a review.

Link:
https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=6390&highlight=IC+and+IR+marriages

Last edited by a moderator:
கால பைரவன்;380041 said:
Raji Mam, Don't you think a suitably worded poll would suit this purpose better? Not that I object to this thread or anything, but I feel there is very little fresh thoughts or inputs here. Same aracha maavu...
Dear K B Sir,

'arachcha mAvu' seems to taste good always! :hungry:

200 + posts so far! :lol:

Dear Prasad Sir,

Racism prevails all over the globe and we hear news in one of the countries, every now and then!

Look at the molestation of foreign ladies in Indian cities! :sad:

BTW, please don't think that ONLY brahmins are thinking high of themselves! :nono:

I have already shared one of my experiences, during my college days - arachcha mAvu, again. :D

I was sitting next to a ST woman in a bus and when an old lady (SC??) got in, I offered my seat to her. She was furious

and shouted at me, 'nee pAppAththip puLLa; engi vENdAlu(m) okkAruva! nAngellA(m) appadik kedaiyAdhu!
I was about to :faint: !!

Truth will out. Arjuna's predictions in the Geetha have come true, as we see all around us today.

Krishna's words (sarva dharmaan etc.) have been scattered to the four winds (the maarutis).

No Sunnis, Shias, Ahmeddiyas, Baha'is existed during Krishna's time, nor Marxist Communists, Communiists with a Chinese face, Orthodox Syrians, Orthodox Greeks, Orthodox Russians, Coptics, Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans, Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Free Churches, Reformed Churches, even Jews. Now?

Did not Krishna also say, more significantly:

yah shaasthravidhim-uthsrujya varththathe kaamakaarathah
na sa siddhim avaapnothbi na sukham paraam gathim ?

"He who rejects/neglects the rules laid down in the shaasthrams and proceeds according to his own individual personal inclinations, does not achieve siddhi, nor well-being, nor salvation, nor deliverance (from sin) nor reach Svargam."

This is true even today.

"Superiority complex among some Brahmins"?

What I have observed is inferiority complex among many Brahmins.

These have neglected their Vedic studies when young but find that others have not. These defy custom and our shaasthraas and refuse to do their nithya kriyas but found others regularly performing them and confidently following custom and shaasthraas. These have thrown away their poonals and do not even know the manthrams to put them back.

These "negligents" (unlearned?) are uncomfortable in the company of those, mostly from the well-adjusted and from the diaspora, who are satisfied with life as it is, who are fully practising Brahmins, and are more knowledgeable than the "modern" lapsed Brahmins.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

The old age brahmins will practice brahminism as specified in scriptures, follow customs and shastras and perform nitya kriyas and their souls will go to a special place in

heaven and join the absolute soul.They can feel superior to all others.

Then others -we neo brahmins will live by our rules,not wear poonool, nor chant mantras or invoke navagrahas calling planets Gods.We will not touch nose or ears ,

hear one and all. We will not be bound by restrictions of race,caste and religion and treat all as belonging to one race -the human race. We will hug all without worrying

where our souls will go. After all in case it goes to hell , we shall console ourself that hell also requires some inmates. We will turn hell also into our kind of heaven. lol

Nice we have some one speaking here about old age Brahmins and neo Brahmins with highly and partially informed mindset.

They do come here to share their alleged wisdom

They talk lot about poonool, mantra, tantra, navagraha, race, caste, soul, hell, heaven,etc etc leaving the reader to raise their eye brows as to think whether these people have any principle in life.

For some it is just pastime ... and those who have their head under cloud just come here have merry time … with the limited knowledge .. try to exhibit their alleged superiority out of shattered mind and their alleged shining intelligence etc. etc

Nothing serious.

We enjoy such postings. Pease keep it up.

It is the empty vessels that make noise.lol

Life is too short to harp on anything too long.

But the concept of Hell is a nice one..for all we know Hell could be more fun than heaven.

Cos heaven only talks about Apsaras and aerial cars for men..but what about us women?
Dont we get any fun in heaven?

For all I know all hot guys are waiting in hell for inmates to arrive..thats why all the fire in hell..hot..hot..hot..time ahead.

Therefore Hell it is..Ma Suchah.

I feel those who are obssesed with heaven do not really love God..they only love themselves.

Those who truly love God wouldnt fear Hell cos if thats what God decides for us a truly devotee would gladly go to hell and transform it into heaven.

Krish ji...I get a feeling you are a true devotee of God.

Some always like to be in lime light whether it is thread, posting, adding more icons to every word, etc and don't mind whether it is at the cost of readers precious time... more particularly sharing with 'Araicha Maavu'.

For such minds here is another link which also talks about IC marriages.

Those who crave for IC and IR marriages threads and postings can have lovely time in going through these postings and have a nice day. lol

Link: https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=20164&highlight=IC+and+IR+marriages

Hum janam bitake jaayenge, Tum janam gavake javoge

Translating

We will live our lives , you will waste your lives

Yeh Paap hai kya, punya hai kya

Reetho par dharm ki mohre hain

Yug mein badalthe dharmon ko

Kaise Adarsh banaoge?

Learn some Hindi.

Bharat me hindi ka gyan jaroori hain.

Coutesy -Sahir ludhianvi -leftist hindi poet

Learn some Hindi.

Being a member of this Forum since 2013, a TAMIL Brahmins Forum, you please try to post one posting in
தமிழ் first before advicing others. lol

And those who talk about Hell, Heaven Soul, Punya, Papam, etc being a true devotee of God, if in case they are fed up in the spiritual journey of their life, are free to visit Delhi Metro more particularly Rajiv Chowk Station, where it is reported XX clips are played.

That may be a nice break to rejuvinate the mind and spirit intoto rathan than a tequila. lol

From 'Araichcha mAvu' to 'Araichchaa masALA'

And from Araiihcha masALA to Araichcha KuRUMa.

Then from Araichcha kuRuMa to Araichcha vaduma. lol

Thema...Pulima.... All Maas...

I waited for nearly 200 postings....

And was really stunned to find pearls of wisdom dropped through out the thread....

Being a knowledge seeker thought it is time to......

........... What I have observed is inferiority complex among many Brahmins. ........
Dear Sir,

I beg to differ. Almost ALL the brahmins have superiority complex only, as far as I have seen.

Those who follow the nithya karmAs, boast about it! Those who don't follow nithya karmAs also boast about it!

I know a brahmin couple, who got their daughter married to an American guy and added Iyer (TAG) to their granddaughter's name.

It sounded very crazy to me! :)

Being a member of this Forum since 2013, a TAMIL Brahmins Forum, you please try to post one posting in
தமிழ் first before advicing others. lol

And those who talk about Hell, Heaven Soul, Punya, Papam, etc being a true devotee of God, if in case there are fed up in the spiritual journey of their life, are free to visit Delhi Metro more particularly Rajiv Chowk Station, where it is reported XX clips are played.

That may be a nice break to rejuvinate the mind and spirit intoto rathan than a tequila. lol
Thamizhuku Amudhanru Per.
Antha Tamizh inba tamizh

Engal Uyirukku Mel.

Tamizh engal Ilamaikku paal.

Inba Tamizh Nalla pugazh mikka

Pulavarku Mel.

Poet Bharathi Dasan.- Not a Brahmin.

This is not தமிழ்.

This is tanglish..

Read somewhere that like the rain drops...rain drops in the clouds.. ignorance and evil always existed.

Very few brahmins in recent days are writing in Tamil.

Mostly they identify with sanskrit more.

We have few poets matching Bharathidasan or Kannadasan .

Both are non brahmins.

Last Tamil brahmin poet well known was Subramanya Bharathi.

He wrote songs on indian nationalism and not on narrow Tamizh glory.

His other songs were love songs on kannan [krishna] and young lovers.

Very few brahmins in recent days are writing in Tamil.

Mostly they identify with sanskrit more.

We have few poets matching Bharathidasan or Kannadasan .

Both are non brahmins.

Last Tamil brahmin poet well known was Subramanya Bharathi.

He wrote songs on indian nationalism and not on narrow Tamizh glory.

His other songs were love songs on kannan [krishna] and young lovers.

This may speak more than a thousand words....

625.0.560.320.160.600.053.800.668.160.90.jpg

Source: Google images

And want to know more about contributions of Brahmins to Tamil language

Just go through archives of this Forum.. there is lot... it really require more patience to deal with members who come here with highly limited knowledge

A sample thread is given hereunder:
... it is No Brahmin....No Tamil
Link:https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showt...bution+of+Brahmins++to+promote+Tamil+language

Members with superficial knowledge on Brahmins do come here to drag history, tamil, etc

Devuda..... Devuda...

I am not talking of thousands years of history.

No sense in talking of sangom tamil.

I am talking of last at best hundred years.

Tamil Poetry has now become the private preserve of non brahmins.

Normal brahmins talk in brahmin tamizh mixed with english and write Tanglish.

They are less fanatical about tamizh.

It is another matter that they may not like hindi [ due to agitation whipped up in early sixties]

Returning to the subject of the thread IC/IR marriages.

They are here to stay.

Better learn to tolerate them if not accept whole heartedly.

We are humans first, let us deal with other humans similarly with an open mind.

Once we reach out , others will reciprocate .

Isolation does not help much in the long run.

Faster we integrate, better it is for us.

Returning to the subject of the thread IC/IR marriages.

They are here to stay.

Better learn to tolerate them if not accept whole heartedly.

We are humans first, let us deal with other humans similarly with an open mind.

Once we reach out , others will reciprocate .

Isolation does not help much in the long run.

Faster we integrate, better it is for us.

You have nothing to argue and so we have to return to the time old topic..

Be repeating the same again and again

Because some one know nothing else than these two or three topics, viz. IC and IR marriages, mending the mismatching horoscopes and junk stocks and shares.

Repeat it here again till your heart's content.

Let them stay and continue... who is against which practice....?

I cannot ask someone to CHANGE THE RECORD...

Bcos he don't know anything else than the same old soup/pasta dish.

We can't certainly talk about as why AAP has lost in Rajouri Garden Bypoll.

As to why the AAP candidate lost his deposit

Why AAP party suffered a humiliating rout with its vote share plunging to 13% from 47%.

Perhaps... Harjeet Singh has chosen a wrong party... etc ..etc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back