• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Is It Necessary?": PM Requests Couples To Not Hold Weddings Abroad

prasad1

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he is troubled by the trend of some "big families" conducting weddings abroad, and urged people to hold such celebrations on Indian soil so that the country's money does not leave its shores.

In his Mann Ki Baat radio broadcast, PM Modi said while shopping for weddings, people should give importance to products made in India only.

"The wedding season as well has commenced now. Some trade organisations estimate that there could be a business of around ₹ 5 lakh crore during this wedding season. While shopping for weddings, all of you should give importance to products made in India only," he said.

"And yes, since the topic of marriage has come up, one thing has been troubling me off and on for a long time... and if I don't open up my heart's pain to my family members, who else do I do it with? Just ponder... these days a new milieu is being created by some families to go abroad and conduct weddings. Is this at all necessary?" PM Modi said.

He stressed that if people celebrate the festivities of marriages on Indian soil, amid the people of the country, the country's money will remain in the country.

The people of the country will get an opportunity to render some service or the other at such weddings, he pointed out.

Latest ads

Back