• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamil Poetry has now become the private preserve of non brahmins.

LOL. A claim without any base.

Normal brahmins talk in brahmin tamizh mixed with english and write Tanglish.

Again ignorance. A family living in Delhi for the last two generations can not be a sample to represent TBs.

They are less fanatical about tamizh.

Why should they be?

It is another matter that they may not like hindi [ due to agitation whipped up in early sixties]

LOL. They like all languages. They stiffly resist any attempt at over-lording. Period.

Very few brahmins in recent days are writing in Tamil.
Mostly they identify with sanskrit more.

Brahmins in Tamilnadu write in Tamil. There are many blogs which are excellant examples. Sanskrit is not forgotten even though the brahmins hating crowd would like brahmins to do that.

We have few poets matching Bharathidasan or Kannadasan .

Just one Vaali is enough to match the two in that genre. Bharatidasan was not great. He was ordinary. A man filled with hatred and vanity.

We are talking of poetic talents.

Even muslims are making a name.

We have Kaviko Abdul Rehman -a poet with sahitya akademi award.

Watch 'Kathavu' of Kaviko on Youtube.

When I think of modern poetry, I think of vairamuthu and abdul rehman.

Of course who can forget Vaali?

It is difficult to objectively compare their works.

But who appeals depends on who reads.

Another who has made an impact at national level by writing is EEPA {Indira parthasarathy} for writing.

A tamil brahmin of delhi -a padmashri award winner, sahitya akademi scholar.

So to say that tamil brahmin in delhi cannot represent brahmin culture or thought is misleading.

They preserve tamil brahmin way of life better than those in south as they have not faced the onslaught of other castes on their way of life.

They are not isolationists.

They are better integrated with others.

I agree these are random cases .

There are dangers of generalising anything based on random examples.

All of us tend to fall in this trap due to our exposure and biases.

Last edited:
We are talking of poetic talents.

When the topic is about IC and IR weddings why should one talk about poetic talents here ?

What is the need for it..?

You dragged Brahmins first their contribution to tamil language, then poets and now poetic talents and may move to poets' remuneration and their life style, etc etc

While that being the case I think there is nothing wrong in our
discussing about the current MCD elections to be held on 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] Apirl…?

News reports say that the BJP has already released its sankalp patra (Manifesto) offering a meal @ Rs.10/= among other things.

Most think that this is a quite attractive offer for Delhiites who are already suffering on various other fronts.

And how AK going to face such challenges especially with his coughs…?

And his party already seems to have lost public support.

Any idea..?

Last edited by a moderator:

"
Almost ALL the brahmins have superiority complex only, as far as I have seen. "

A universally damning sweeping statement. (Meaning, the Veteran poster has not come across Brahmins, neo-Brahmins, or part-Brahmins with inferiority complex, as I have. Such inferiority complex making them hit out at others.)

Sure, depending on what and where one has "seen", and with what mindset. Those who are not happy to identify themselves as Brahmins, or even as "lapsed", but take pride in boasting that they are a new all-time SUPERIOR species, i.e. "neo-Brahmins" (neo-B) or New-Age Brahmins (NAB), or Kali-Yuga Brahmins (KYB), will certainly shun the presence of practising Brahmins and label them adversely.

They are rather ashamed or embarrassed to be known as Brahmins at all. They prefer the political motto "all are humans". Hiding under such a motto does not really recognise the truth that no two men or women are alike. Much less "all humans".

By making more postings, or shouting louder than others, they hope to make their case. To what end?

Foxes with bushy tails, and foxes who have lost their tails, all have to live together in this jungle of moral and spiritual values. Or is it a rapidly developing desert?

"
Better learn to tolerate them if not accept whole heartedly." Fair enough. But would "they" tolerate you and accept you even "part-heartedly"? Not in my experience. They prefer to hide in stockaded mental ghettoes, even on the Internet.

அதெல்லாம் இருக்கட்டும்.

"காக்கை சிறகினிலே" என்று பாடினார் பாரதியார்.

நான் பிறந்த ஊரில், வெயில் அடிக்கும் தரையில் மழை பெய்யும். பெரியோர் "காக்கைக்கும் குயிலுக்கும் கல்யாணம்" என்பார்கள்.

நம் ஸமூஹத்தில் ஒரு அளவு காக்கை-குயில் இணைப்பு உண்டு. அவர் ஸந்தானம், பௌத்ர-பௌத்ரிகள் "ஐய்யர்" என்ற பெயர் உடையவர்கள். ஏன் இவர்கள் LGBT-காரர்களை கல்யாணம் பண்ணிக்க கூடாது?

அமேரிக்காவில் ஏராளம் LGBT "guys" காணலாம்.

ஒரே குலம் ஒரே இனம் என்கிறார்களே?

ஸு நாராயணஸ்வாமி ஐய்யர்

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

நம் ஸமூஹத்தில் ஒரு அளவு காக்கை-குயில் இணைப்பு உண்டு. அவர் ஸந்தானம், பௌத்ர-பௌத்ரிகள் "ஐய்யர்" என்ற பெயர் உடையவர்கள். ஏன் இவர்கள் LGBT-காரர்களை கல்யாணம் பண்ணிக்க கூடாது?

அமேரிக்காவில் ஏராளம் LGBT "guys" காணலாம்.

ஒரே குலம் ஒரே இனம் என்கிறார்களே?

ஸு நாராயணஸ்வாமி ஐய்யர்

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Why the sudden proclivity towards LGBT?

Dear S N Sir,

I live in Chennai and have good contact with a huge circle of relatives and brahmin friends. Many of them live abroad too!

So far, I have not seen anyone lamenting that they are born brahmins! Their children do very well in studies. Some of them

are orthodox and some others don't care much about brahmin way of living. So what? There is NO inferiority complex in them. :nono:

BTW, can you please explain how the brahmins YOU have seen feel inferior? Are they poor /uneducated / any other reason?

Not everyone living in the U S of A have the IYER tag!

In fact, my father and father in law did NOT attach IYER in their names.

And........ they did yeoman service to the poor and needy, irrespective of the caste! :angel:

Transgender persons are to be treated with compassion.

God has made them abnormal and we should never mock at them.
One of the TV channels has a special show, in which the transgender achievers are brought into limelight! :clap2:

"
Almost ALL the brahmins have superiority complex only, as far as I have seen. "

A universally damning sweeping statement. (Meaning, the Veteran poster has not come across Brahmins, neo-Brahmins, or part-Brahmins with inferiority complex, as I have. Such inferiority complex making them hit out at others.)

By making more postings, or shouting louder than others, they hope to make their case. To what end?

Foxes with bushy tails, and foxes who have lost their tails, all have to live together in this jungle of moral and spiritual values. Or is it a rapidly developing desert?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Narayanaswamy Ji,

I agree with you.

Keep it up.

Transgender persons are to be treated with compassion.

God has made them abnormal and we should never mock at them.
One of the TV channels has a special show, in which the transgender achievers are brought into limelight! :clap2:

Agreed RR ji..everyone is creation of God.

Arjuna himself went tru a phase where he lived as a transgender teaching dance.

No where he was disrespected as a transgender.

Abnormal or normal..everyone is a spark of God.

http://m.huffingtonpost.in/2017/04/...y-likes-to_a_22025362/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

I have no idea whether the sample size is big or whether it is devoid of any bias etc but this is what the survey results are on inter-caste and inter-religious marriages:

Despite an increase in the share of young people who approve of inter-caste marriage over time, the share of people practising what they preach is miniscule; just 4% had an inter-caste marriage, and just 3% an inter-religious one. The vast majority - 84% - had an arranged marriage and just 6% had a love marriage.

So, pan India, less than 5% of IC and IR marriages. All the gyan we hear about revolutionary youth etc in this forum may be taken with a grain of salt!

கால பைரவன்;381631 said:
http://m.huffingtonpost.in/2017/04/...y-likes-to_a_22025362/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

I have no idea whether the sample size is big or whether it is devoid of any bias etc but this is what the survey results are on inter-caste and inter-religious marriages:

So, pan India, less than 5% of IC and IR marriages. All the gyan we hear about revolutionary youth etc in this forum may be taken with a grain of salt!
hi

now a days...all major medias are bias.. i lost my faith in many news medias....its just time pass to read....may not be in real..

"I have not seen anyone lamenting that they are born brahmins!"
என்கிறார் திருமதி இராஜீ இராம்,

தன்னை தாமே தாழ்வு என்ற உணர்ச்சி வெளியில் சொல்லி திரியமாட்டார். அவர்கள் நடவடிக்கையில் இருந்து தெரிந்துகொள்ளலாம்.

ஷாத்திரம் அனுஷ்டிக்கும் அந்தணரை தூஷிக்கும் பாவனை ஒன்று. பழைய பழக்க-வழக்கங்களை தூஷிக்கும் பாவனை இன்னொன்று. தன் ரக்த கலப்பை புகழும் பாவனை மூன்றாவது. ரெஸர்வேஷன்ஸ் மற்றும் கடின தடைகளை ஏத்துக்கொள்வது ஒரு சுட்டுக்காட்டி. இப்படி பட்டியல் போட்டுக்கொண்டே போகலாம். உண்மையை வெளியில் இருந்துதான் தெரிந்துகொள்ளவேண்டும்.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

கால பைரவன்;381631 said:

Sir,

Very informative.

Thanks for sharing.

hi

now a days...all major medias are bias.. i lost my faith in many news medias....its just time pass to read....may not be in real..

Yes Sir,

It is like postings of few... just a time pass.. may not be very true and few members are also more biased in their opinion.

தன்னை தாமே தாழ்வு என்ற உணர்ச்சி வெளியில் சொல்லி திரியமாட்டார். அவர்கள் நடவடிக்கையில் இருந்து தெரிந்துகொள்ளலாம்.

ஷாத்திரம் அனுஷ்டிக்கும் அந்தணரை தூஷிக்கும் பாவனை ஒன்று. பழைய பழக்க-வழக்கங்களை தூஷிக்கும் பாவனை இன்னொன்று. தன் ரக்த கலப்பை புகழும் பாவனை மூன்றாவது. ரெஸர்வேஷன்ஸ் மற்றும் கடின தடைகளை ஏத்துக்கொள்வது ஒரு சுட்டுக்காட்டி. இப்படி பட்டியல் போட்டுக்கொண்டே போகலாம். உண்மையை வெளியில் இருந்துதான் தெரிந்துகொள்ளவேண்டும்.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

ஆதாரம் காட்டியதர்க்கு அன்பு திரு ருத்ரனுக்கு மனமார்ந்த நன்றி .

ஸு நாராயணஸ்வாமி ஐய்யர்

Dear friends,

Lot of I C and I R weddings are happening, where either bride or groom is a brahmin.

Should we support these or not?

Krish Sir has posted this in another thread:

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has announced his intention to support inter caste marriages.

I do not know if he seriously means it.

This thread is based on the above posting which was the number No.1 posting of this thread.

The very same Mohan Bhagat has the following opinion.

[h=1]RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat at it again, says women should be just housewives and husbands should be the breadwinners[/h]http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ands-should-be-the-breadwinners/1/241008.html

How many of us will agree to this....?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

ஆதாரம் காட்டியதர்க்கு அன்பு திரு ருத்ரனுக்கு மனமார்ந்த நன்றி .

ஸு நாராயணஸ்வாமி ஐய்யர்

திரு வி கணே அவர்களுக்கு வணக்கம்.

கலப்புகொப்பரை இணையங்களை புகழ்கிறோம். வெள்ளை தோல் அமெரிக்கர்களை உச்சியில் வைத்து பேசுகிறோம். ஏன் LGBT காரர்களையும் தமிழ் பிராமணர்கள் மணந்துகொள்ள கூடாது என்று தான் கேட்டேன். கறுப்பு தோல், வெளுப்பு தோல், மஞ்சள் தோல், சிவப்பு தோல், தவுட்டு தோல், சாக்கிலேட் தோல் -- எல்லா நிறங்களும் அங்கே கிடைக்கும்.

ஸு நாராயணசுவாமி ஐய்யர்

Agreed RR ji..everyone is creation of God.

Arjuna himself went tru a phase where he lived as a transgender teaching dance.

No where he was disrespected as a transgender.

Abnormal or normal..everyone is a spark of God.
:yo: Renu.

The thread relates to IC/IR marriages.

For other subjects separate threads may be started.

One is bound to accept reservation policy of the govt passed by parliamentary laws and assented by the president.

That does not make anyone inferior or superior.

Nor someone not glorifying somebody following some shastras as he sees it and following rituals suffer from any complex.He simply rejects it that it does not fit in

with the requirements of the modern age.

Casteism is a scourge . It needs to be eradicated forthwith.

Many have played the caste card to ill treat unfortunate beings born as dalits.

Anyone upholding such values needs to be ignored and his views cannot be taken seriously.

There are some when it suits them play the caste card to avail benefits and at other times hide behind caste to justify their immoral ,dirty acts.

Classic case of devils quoting the scriptures.

1. தன்னை தாமே தாழ்வு என்ற உணர்ச்சி வெளியில் சொல்லி திரியமாட்டார். அவர்கள் நடவடிக்கையில் இருந்து தெரிந்துகொள்ளலாம்.

2. ஷாத்திரம் அனுஷ்டிக்கும் அந்தணரை தூஷிக்கும் பாவனை ஒன்று. பழைய பழக்க-வழக்கங்களை தூஷிக்கும் பாவனை இன்னொன்று.
3.தன் ரக்த கலப்பை புகழும் பாவனை மூன்றாவது.
4.ரெஸர்வேஷன்ஸ் மற்றும் கடின தடைகளை ஏத்துக்கொள்வது ஒரு சுட்டுக்காட்டி.......
My answers in English because some members can't read Tamil font.

1. Agreed! No one will say that they are inferior.

2. Those who have religious practices make fun of those who don't have them and vice versa! Where is the inferiority?

3. Those who boast about IC / IR wedding have superiority complex only - they think they are one step ahead of others! :thumb:

4. Reservations? When the Govt. makes the rule, people have to accept it! Acceptance does not make one inferior in any way.

BTW, is it time to follow the words of Bharathi: 'rowdhram pazhagu'?

People can start an agitation to make the reservations in educational institutions based ONLY on the earning of the parents.

I guess this thread is becoming a bit heated..please be reminded some of us members are at an advanced age..for a person who is not used to the style of heated debates it could be stressful to emotions and to the cardiovascular system.

Thefore we might need to soften our blows.

Lol.

Only card that did not get played yet -age card.

Those in seventies playing with those in eighties.

May be those hitting ninety shortly can be given free penalty runs or goal hits.

How very thoughtful of renukaji ?

When house doctor says anything , we obey.

Dear Renu,

Those who enter a bit late may find some hot posts missing! :nod:

So, it is always :cool: .... Not to worry! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back