• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Karan Johar and Tambrahm Weddings!

anandkumarrs

Reading this title you may get reminded of the very popular idiom - Gokulashtamikkum Ghulam Khaderukkum enna sambandham?

Likewise, you may be wondering what is the connection between Karan Johar, the popular Bollywood director and Tambrahm Kalyanams!

Well, actually a lot if you see Tambrahm weddings of late. Please read the full post here!

Thanks

Anand

Reading this title you may get reminded of the very popular idiom - Gokulashtamikkum Ghulam Khaderukkum enna sambandham?

Likewise, you may be wondering what is the connection between Karan Johar, the popular Bollywood director and Tambrahm Kalyanams!

Well, actually a lot if you see Tambrahm weddings of late. Please read the full post here!

Thanks

Anand
Very good and witty article.

A few years back I went to a TB wedding in Chennai.
They invited us for Mendi and Sangeet, I should have known. They had prerecorded Bollywood songs and all the guests were sitting in chairs. Where was the festivity of Punjabi Sangeet? Where were the dancing and music?

Tamil Brahmin weddings, like many other traditional South Indian weddings, have their own unique customs and traditions that differ from those in North Indian weddings. While the core rituals remain consistent, the cultural and regional variations can be quite distinct. Here are a few points to consider:

Cultural Differences: Tamil Brahmin weddings are deeply rooted in Dravidian culture and traditions. They prioritize religious rituals and ceremonies over elements like dancing and drinking, which are more prevalent in North Indian weddings.

Religious Significance: South Indian weddings, including Tamil Brahmin weddings, often place a strong emphasis on religious ceremonies and traditions, which are integral to the marriage. Rituals may involve prayers, blessings, and homams (fire rituals).

Music and Dance: In Tamil Brahmin weddings, you are more likely to find classical music and dance performances, such as Bharatanatyam, rather than the energetic and lively dance performances commonly seen in North Indian baraat processions. Sangeet ceremonies may feature classical music performances and devotional songs.

Simplicity: Tamil Brahmin weddings typically follow a more minimalist and subdued approach when it comes to decorations and overall pomp. The focus is on the sanctity of the marriage ceremony.

Cuisine: The food served at Tamil Brahmin weddings is typically vegetarian and reflects the regional cuisine. Traditional dishes like sambar, rasam, and various rice preparations are commonly served.

It's important to remember that cultural and regional differences are what make Indian weddings so diverse and fascinating. While North Indian weddings may be known for their grandeur and exuberance, South Indian weddings, including Tamil Brahmin weddings, have their own charm and significance. What might seem hilarious or contrasting to one group of people could be deeply meaningful and beautiful to another. It's a celebration of the rich cultural diversity within India.

I would like to include one more tension at the time of every event waiting for ponnu after make up by beautician. All including vadhyar has to wait. (Sometime even muhurtha neram). As usual good write up. I could easily visualise the events which has happened in our family recently.

You may write another write up on the after dancing to the tune of ponnu after they returned to US. Packing and sending of each household things via abroad courier also during occasions batchanam and other things.

If for UAE countries if you see in the courier office particularly in Chennai if they want to do dosa/idly the prior day mother/mother in law has to prepare batter and they will bring the thookku batter to courier office to pack and sent

A few years back I went to a TB wedding in Chennai.
They invited us for Mendi and Sangeet, I should have known. They had prerecorded Bollywood songs and all the guests were sitting in chairs. Where was the festivity of Punjabi Sangeet? Where were the dancing and music?
That was the beginning. Now its more evolved :) :)

I would like to include one more tension at the time of every event waiting for ponnu after make up by beautician. All including vadhyar has to wait. (Sometime even muhurtha neram). As usual good write up. I could easily visualise the events which has happened in our family recently.
Thank you! The other tension is to get the boy and girl out of the claws of the photo and videographers!

You may write another write up on the after dancing to the tune of ponnu after they returned to US. Packing and sending of each household things via abroad courier also during occasions batchanam and other things.

If for UAE countries if you see in the courier office particularly in Chennai if they want to do dosa/idly the prior day mother/mother in law has to prepare batter and they will bring the thookku batter to courier office to pack and sent
Ha Ha Ha

Latest ads

Back