• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is in another thread!

But it points out that there is caste difference not only in Hindus but also in Xtians!! :D

In delhi, converted christians from tamilnadu [mostly OBC and SC }are not accepted by original christians of north who frequent church of jesus and mary.

They have floated a pentacostal order to service these christians.

There is caste and language bar also in christianity.

YEAH! I have seen a few tambrahm ladies in Bangalore and in the U S of A! :dizzy:
I like those who can give boys a run for their money.

I would like to add these to my extended family.

We have boys who could do with spouse in the driving seat.

Many times when we select girls of almost the same age and academic qualifications as boy and absorb them in our family , the family gains enormously..

They become fulcrums around which families can revolve.

A political love story: Kerala MLA to marry IAS officer

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: He's a fulltime politician, she an independent-minded career bureaucrat, an unlikely romance in the best of circumstances, but Congress MLA K S Sabarinadhan and Thiruvananthapuram sub collector Divya S Iyer surely seem made for each other.
The rumour mills had been working overtime for a while and on Tuesday, Sabarinadhan finally mentioned his relationship status on Facebook as 'committed'. Alongside a picture of the beaming couple, Sabarinadhan posted, "I am getting questions from dear ones about my marriage for a while. Now I am happily announcing it. I met sub collector Dr Divya S Iyer at Thiruvananthapuram. When we became close, we learned that our ideas, interests and perspectives are similar. With the love and blessings of both families, Divya will soon join me as my partner. We expect all your blessings

A visibly excited Divya told reporters that she couldn't remember the precedence of a politician marrying an IAS officer. "We need blessings of all", she said. The wedding is likely to take place next month.
Interestingly, 33-year old Sabarinadhan takes after his father, former speaker and late Congress stalwart G Karthikeyan. Karthikeyan courted M T Sulekha, Sabarinadhan's mother, when he was a rising star in Kerala politics and she a college professor. Their families opposed the romance, and Sulekha eventually eloped with Karthikeyan. Later, their romance and marriage was the subject of the Mammooty-starrer Nayam Vyakthamakkunnu.

With Sabarinadhan and Divya, however, both families wholeheartedly support them. Both of them are residents of Thiruvananthapuram. An MBA graduate, Sabarinadhan was with Tata Trust before joining politics following the death of his father. He won from Aruvikkara in the by-election in 2015 and retained the seat in the 2016 assembly election.
Divya, 32, is a graduate in medicine from CMC Vellore. She got into IAS in 2013. She has previously worked as assistant collector at Kottayam before moving to home district as sub collector.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...to-marry-ias-officer/articleshow/58484855.cms

Bold words ...

For whom do we live?

We need no certificate from others on our brahmin heritage .

We live for ourself with our own code of conduct.

As long we do not hurt others, we can follow our hearts and passions.

There are no correct or wrong path.

Everyone chooses his own path.

If it does not hurt others around them , it is fine.

One can carefully choose venues to indulge in own likes .

No one laughs at tamil brahmin mamas except their mamis.

Mamis are losing control over mamas and are getting worked up .

They are blaming society to make mamas walk in a straight line they have drawn for them.

Many communities gets caricatured , not brahmins alone.

Brahmins because they are considered to be at the top of caste pyramid and majority do not belong to that class.

Baniyas for their money mindedness ,as they think money making all the time.

Kshatriyas and Rajputs known for valour and having false ideas of honour by portrayals of false pride and cowardly behavior.

There are also caricatures of women generally portraying them in bad light.

Movies exaggerate everything to draw attention and crowd.

Some instead of entertaining are sick.

But one does not behave differently to ensure cinema portrays them in a better way

Please see some Tamil movies and Hindi movies! :)

Hindi movies think even South Indian is a TB ..they just do not know anything.

Actually when I was in India I was quite surprised to note that North Indians hardly have any knowledge about South Indians.

In fact there was a girl from Delhi I knew whose father is Punjabi and mother a Tamilian yet she once asked me "how come South Indians too pray to same Gods as North Indians?"

I told her "Go ask your mother".
There was no excuse for her not to know anything cos her mum is Tamilian and that too her mum speaks fluent Tamil.

Many communities gets caricatured , not brahmins alone.

Brahmins because they are considered to be at the top of caste pyramid and majority do not belong to that class.

Baniyas for their money mindedness ,as they think money making all the time.

Kshatriyas and Rajputs known for valour and having false ideas of honour by portrayals of false pride and cowardly behavior.

There are also caricatures of women generally portraying them in bad light.

Movies exaggerate everything to draw attention and crowd.

Some instead of entertaining are sick.

But one does not behave differently to ensure cinema portrays them in a better way

The movie Char Din Chandni was making fun both of Rajputs and Punjabis!LOL

Then the movie Welcome to Karachi was making fun of Talibans and also Gujratis.

The Gujju who gets kidnapped by Taliban acts like a Pakistani to escape being killed but asks the Taliban if he could order Vegetarian Pizza.

Then another captive lies his name is Shamim Al Baddafaq!

The Taliban leader finds the name unusual and asks "What the Faq?"

Then the captive replies 'Baddafaq"

This goes on and on "What the Faq? Baddafaq"

It just movies..no big deal!LOL

It is a matter of perceptions.

TBs first migrated to delhi and other northern places during british days.

Othes from tamil nadu and other states came later.

So south indians got called as Madrasis irrespective of caste or where they came from.

Even in hindi films south indians characters are dressed in dhoties with tirunamam talk tamindhi

hi

just info....i am going to attend wedding reception for same sect TB wedding reception this weekend in chennai...its rare

for some reasons for me....In USA...i attended all IC/IR weddings ONLY....next week end ...i am going to attend

IC/IR wedding in USA...

Not only thirunAmam but also Vibhuti pattai: Courtesy - Google images

mahmood2.jpg

hi

just info....i am going to attend wedding reception for same sect TB wedding reception this weekend in chennai...its rare

for some reasons for me....In USA...i attended all IC/IR weddings ONLY....next week end ...i am going to attend

IC/IR wedding in USA...

Dont run away with the brideLOL

Many youngsters believe that only those incapable of finding a match for themselves should approach parents to find them a match.

Caste as such does not make such a difference to them. Religion they might have a second thought atleast in india.

However at the back of their mind , they also try to figure out as to hoe to sell the idea of the match they have found for themselves.

Bold jump the gun , marry first and tell later.

Others confront and get it accepted.

They remain steadfast.

Some get brainwashed by parents and ditch the match they have found.

They get into marriage with someone who is their parents choice and carry on pragmatically only dreaming of what it could have been.

Maharashtra Govt is bringing legislation to stop atrocities on IC couples and their families.Kolhapur ruler Shahu Maharaj encouraged intercaste wedding and was a great

social reformer. B R Ambedkar one of the framers of our constitution could not do much to stop victimisation of dalits in his lifetime and was forced to give up hinduism

for buddhism.

Many here are staunch brahmins and would not like even discussing such topics such as inter caste relationship, leave alone contemplate or consider IC wedding .in

their circle.

Isolation and closing eyes to a subject does not make the issue go away.

Of course tamilnadu had a reformer who turned caste equation upside down and it is reverse discrimination now for brahmins.

The kind of caste polarisation which has taken place has lead to only marginalisation of brahmins and their getting pushed further to the periphery.

Isolation and closing eyes to a subject does not make the issue go away.

This is nothing but imagination.

This thread has aready crossed 500 postings which cearly establishes that everyone is willing to discuss.

Some bury their head under sand and come here to harp... and sing the assumed glory of IC and IR weddings

May their tribe grow.

The kind of caste polarisation which has taken place has lead to only marginalisation of brahmins and their getting pushed further to the periphery. -- Krish44 Veteran.

Perhaps someone should tell our Veteran Brahmin-basher that some form or other of his hated "casteism" exists everywhere outside the Hindu way of life.

Among the Semitic peoples, for example.

The descendants of the daughters of Prophet Mohamed, founder of Islam (he had no sons though it is said he had 15 wives, the youngest Aisha he married when she was six and he was 53, and one of his wives Zainab bint Jahsh was his ex-daughter-in-law, i.e. adopted son's divorced wife), are known as Sayyid (males) and Shareefa (females). They can only marry among themselves, even if this is termed incest by unknowing outsiders. An ordinary Muslim may not marry a Sayyid or a Shareefa. And ditto vice versa. Casteism glorified by Allah?

If you study the Torah and the Bible carefully, you will find that only certain tribes can inter-marry: others cannot. Casteism glorified by Jehovah?

Today's Christians have shattered and scattered into hundreds of cults, sub-cult, and sub-sub cults. When I was Advisory Board member and legal advisor to the Salvation Army, the local Commander told me that the Army's father was the Methodist Church, whose father was the Anglican Church, whose father was the Catholic Church. When I said he should further trace back from the Catholic Church to the Orthodox Churches, and thence to the Jewish tribes, and finally to the Atharvana Vedam of the Hindus, he merely laughed in embarrassment. His religious education did not extend that far.

But the fact is, Christian sub-cults rarely if ever inter-marry. Each accuse the other of schism. Casteism under Christ?

Though belonging to the same "Book", do Jews and Muslims marry? Do Christians and Muslims? Do even Jews and Christians? Biblical casteism?

What about the multifarious tribes in Africa? Voodoo casteism?

Why take pleasure in continuing to beat the dead horse of Hindu casteism?

Why use Brahmins as your whipping-boy? Self-flagellation? Narcissism in reverse?

How many Thevars, Chettiars, Mudalaaliars will marry Dalits? How many Nairs, Menons, Reddis?

S Naryanaswamy Iyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back