• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO There is an attempt at deflecting bringing in the Backward castes instead of facing the truth.

To always compare with BCs and say we are better in treatment of servants is no reasoning.

We can be honest in admitting that rewash utensils even if they are washed cleanly by other caste servants .It is just hiding behind hygiene instead of admitting

casteism we reserve some tumblers and plates for their use.

We talk Acharam and Madi so that no one from other communities would dare to touch those practising these habits.

Still men trying to cook on certain days when women are considered impure exist. But they do not mind if the same women go to work in offices on those days. Clink

of the rupee washes the sins of not observing these acharams. Women being made to eat later separately even if they are guests is common.Where is gender equality

for brahmin women?. Other castes might score much better on gender issue such as remarriages or divorces.

Promiscuous behaviour has nothing to do with caste. Some have more needs than others . Brahmins are smart in covering them up and are more discreet . Thats all.

Brahmin isolation is an attitude carefully adopted to get around hurt due to confrontation and inability to engage others. Whether it will pay them or make them extinct

in tamilnadu is to be seen.

Younger educated ones in brahmin families both male and female feel relieved when they can escape from there to other states and cities like bangalore or pune or

abroad where they feel they enjoy more freedom and get an oppurtunity to live in a

liberal society to engage in activities that make them happier.

Dear Vaagmi ji...just a question.
Men and women have known to be promiscious regardless of community.
Even Valmiki Ramayan states Ahalya knew Indra was in disguise yet she gave in and felt flattered by him being interested in her.
Ravan was also a Brahmin..he had a harem.
Brahmins too were having a go or two with Devadasis in the past and so did other castes.
BTW even identical twins do not display 100% same behavior..so how can anyone say every Brahmin has to function or react in one uniform manner?
Even in forum where 99.9999% members are TBs..yet we have mindsets and outlook that differ.
So how can everyone be clones unless they want to project certain behavior so that no one will comment negatively on them.
Isnt that like trying to be like all the Devas who tried to resemble Nala to win the hand of Damayanti?
So in that case..who is real?
Is a particular behavior or reaction just a facade?
Its almost like being pressurized to fit into one mould.
Where is originality?
Where?
Where?

Dear Renukaji,

That was a good question.

Every society is comprised of individuals with different qualities which all come from the inherited genes. We acquire values as we live through.

There are certain universal values which need to be acquired/adopted for a peaceful and pleasant life in the short time we spend here in this planet. These values have been universal because they have proved to be universally good for the human race living in an organised society. And we have people in the society who just do not care to accept these values as good. They get their satisfaction by adopting values which are just the opposite of these universally accepted values over centuries of existence here. It is a common denominator which they prefer to ignore.

Thus promiscuity, adultery etc and several other behavioural traits have become negative values for the society and majority-what I call the universal-have determined over centuries that promiscuity destroys a home (not a house) which is the basic unit of organized living on earth. The stories Ramayana, Mahabharath etc., have episodes describing promiscuous living by the characters that come in those stories. But I dont think it has been claimed anywhere that that was the right thing that people did in those days. So we use the term 'deviant' to describe those incidents. What is deviant is not the normal/mean(mathematical mean). And deviant behavior can not become one to be glorified, recommended or followed.

Yes. It is true that brahmins too had several flings and had concubines even famously. But that was just a deviant behaviour. That kind of licentious living has never become the accepted normal lifestyle of brahmins.

Speaking about facade, I would just say that those brahmins who indulged in licentious living were pathetic people who could not resist temptation. Just that and nothing more. It requires a lot of discipline, self respect and self esteem to over come temptations. You will note that I am not stressing so much on the society imposed rules of living. The self esteem and self respect to the individual residing in each of us is more important than all the law, rules, ridicule, pressures and punishments that the society imposes on an individual. The brahmins who were weak in mind and body who succumbed to the temptations and became deviant lived the life of a brahmin only in letter and not in spirit.

Whether you and I like it or not, we are indeed clones -identical in several respects and different in a few. If adopting good values make us clones it is just one aspect of the cloning. LOL. So, am I really bothered?

Last edited:
Dear Vaagmi Ji,

Thank you for reply.

But on a personal note I do not try to adopt a uniform lifestyle just becos I am Hindu.

I know many of my relatives and friends who adhere to a lifestyle becos of being Hindu.

This is what I call a Clone mindset.

I am not saying its bad but to me it robs me of my freedom to be myself.

Being myself might not always jive with my racial or religious identity but the freedom I feel by being myself is something I would never even dream of giving up.

Brahmin arrogate themselves with pride of "mothati kulam" Even Thigaraja Swami talks about that in a Kriti - considered one of his 5 gems! He laments about his behavior of lowly castes! This is cloning !

Times are changing Dr.Krisnaswamy (of a dalit outfit) wants his caste to be removed from SC inspite of​ the advantage feels society fails to accept them into their fold because of SC tag

Dear Vaagmi Ji,

Thank you for reply.

But on a personal note I do not try to adopt a uniform lifestyle just becos I am Hindu.

Being myself might not always jive with my racial or religious identity but the freedom I feel by being myself is something I would never even dream of giving up.
I agree with your post.
I did not know there is a
Brahmin's unique qualities.

Everyone is human and everyone is unique.

To blame and belittle others just because they do not fit your mold is wrong on so many levels.It also shows ignorance of human nature. A human being is not a blade of grass (even they are different), irrespective of religion, race, or origin of birth each one is different.

Last edited:
IMHO There is an attempt at deflecting bringing in the Backward castes instead of facing the truth.To always compare with BCs and say we are better in treatment of servants is no reasoning.

You mentioned brahmins and dalits being extreme ends of a spectrum. And the thread was picked up from there. Let me summarily state now. Brahmins treat their servants well as human beings. Period.

We can be honest in admitting that rewash utensils even if they are washed cleanly by other caste servants .It is just hiding behind hygiene instead of admitting casteism we reserve some tumblers and plates for their use.

For you it may sound as news. But in many brahmin's houses, the plate used for eating is exclusive to an individual. There is no mixing of these. Whenever I sit for my dinner, I sit before "my" plate. My daughter sits before her plate. So mr. Krish, it is a treatment which is not reserved to other castes on a caste basis. It is a voluntarily accepted good practice from the angle of hygiene. you might have given up this practice in your house because you have gone to the heaven on earth - Delhi.

I wrote this long back in this forum. This is an episode in my life:

One day I was purchasing flower from a flower vendor in Adyar, Chennai a few years back. There was an old man with religious marks on his forehead who was purchasing Tulsi leaves from the same vendor. As he bought the tulsi in a carry bag and gave a currency note, the vendor was paying him back the balance. The old man was receiving the money from the vendor by cupping his hand below and asking the vendor to drop the change in his hand. The vendor, who perhaps has listened to too much of hatred opiate from the politicians, told the old man that he was doing that because he did not want to touch the vendor. The old man who was obviously a brahmin replied quitely that he does not touch even his grand child at home before his dialy aradhana is completed and quitely walked away. The vendor did not understand anything of what he said is a different matter.

So, dear krish, it is a self imposed discipline with a sound reason and it has nothing to do with caste and there is absolutely no superior/ inferior binary thought process anywhere in the picture.

We talk Acharam and Madi so that no one from other communities would dare to touch those practising these habits.

I have answered this already above.

Still men trying to cook on certain days when women are considered impure exist. But they do not mind if the same women go to work in offices on those days. Clink of the rupee washes the sins of not observing these acharams. Women being made to eat later separately even if they are guests is common.Where is gender equality
for brahmin women?.

I would leave this for the present to be answered by the women members here. I will come in later.

Other castes might score much better on gender issue such as remarriages or divorces.

Brahmins" score is not as bad as you make it out here.

Promiscuous behaviour has nothing to do with caste. Some have more needs than others . Brahmins are smart in covering them up and are more discreet . Thats all. Brahmin isolation is an attitude carefully adopted to get around hurt due to confrontation and inability to engage others. Whether it will pay them or make them extinct
in tamilnadu is to be seen.

Promiscuity is indicipline and decay. Period. All needs have to be satisfied within what is universally accepted behaviour norms. Period. Brahmins are not isolated socially. They are isolated only politically and it is a strategy of others. No amount of change will lead to acceptance of brahmins into politics.

Younger educated ones in brahmin families both male and female feel relieved when they can escape from there to other states and cities like bangalore or pune or abroad where they feel they enjoy more freedom and get an oppurtunity to live in a liberal society to engage in activities that make them happier.

Something you have been harping on for long. Your understanding of "freedom", "liberal society", "activities" etc., are just outlandish cravings. TB girls and boys in these cities carry with them their values from home and family and are living happily without missing any good thing in life. They just laugh at the rantings of some oldies about imagined freedom and night life. LOL. They wink and say "oldies are funny people and can get very nosy if an opportunity is given.

Brahmin arrogate themselves with pride of "mothati kulam" Even Thigaraja Swami talks about that in a Kriti - considered one of his 5 gems! He laments about his behavior of lowly castes! This is cloning !

Times are changing Dr.Krisnaswamy (of a dalit outfit) wants his caste to be removed from SC inspite of​ the advantage feels society fails to accept them into their fold because of SC tag

The backward castes want their list to be in a separate schedule to the constitution as otherwise it will form part of the schedule in which the SCs and STs are listed. And they think it will lower their status. Untouchability right there in the constitution book itself. LOL. Let Krishnaswamy fight for this first. Let him fight for a single schedule to the constitution in which all castes and creeds eligible for reservation and other positive discrimination benefits will be listed.

Dear Vaagmi Ji,
Thank you for reply.
I know many of my relatives and friends who adhere to a lifestyle becos of being Hindu.
This is what I call a Clone mindset.

Uniform lifestyle need not mean uniform values.

We all believe in smiling at an acquaintance if we meet him/her on the street or the lobby. It is a value and also a lifestyle.

We also have people who never to care to smile in such situations. We call them morons and get along without bothering much about it.

Because you smile, I smile and a good number of people smile we are all not clones.

I agree that one should be just oneself. there can not be two opinions about it.

In fact my post is about retaining one's identity in the midst of alien culture and values. I said self esteem and self respect and our value system helps us in that effort.

I did not give you the Thumbs Down.

Anyway..understanding is better than memorization.

Eg..Thumbs up and Thumbs down.

A Thumb is a Finger.

If we memorize that Up is a Positive Response and a Down is Negative Response... can we apply the same logic to a Middle Finger?

That's why understanding is most important.

Thank you Madam Renuka. You always try to be friendly with everyone

Original comparison was not about understanding correctly vs memorizing only correctly. It was comparing not understanding and memorizing correctly.
In that comparison, memorizing is verifiable to be correct and is better.

Not understanding is not good obviously.

But there is no authority to verify whose understanding is found to be correct. Among hindus there are all kinds of ideas and everyone cites some vedas or sacred texts.

Here in the forum I consistently like posts of Mr Sangom, Mr Iyer and Mr tks
(even if it may be hard to understand or even agree, I know they have something to say that might be useful)

Then there are couple of cowards who thrive in giving thumbs down for simple questions and unable to have a debate openly on what they disagree. It is easy to spot these 'members' here. Since I used the word coward, that person gave another Thumbs down for my last post. How childish ... LOL or rather NON

Thank you Madam Renuka. You always try to be friendly with everyone

Original comparison was not about understanding correctly vs memorizing only correctly. It was comparing not understanding and memorizing correctly.
In that comparison, memorizing is verifiable to be correct and is better.

Not understanding is not good obviously.

But there is no authority to verify whose understanding is found to be correct. Among hindus there are all kinds of ideas and everyone cites some vedas or sacred texts.

Here in the forum I consistently like posts of Mr Sangom, Mr Iyer and Mr tks
(even if it may be hard to understand or even agree, I know they have something to say that might be useful)

Then there are couple of cowards who thrive in giving thumbs down for simple questions and unable to have a debate openly on what they disagree. It is easy to spot these 'members' here. Since I used the word coward, that person gave another Thumbs down for my last post. How childish ... LOL or rather NON

Your posts are genuine and thought provoking.
I would encourage you to debate your views and not get into personalities, just as you said
How childish ... LOL
Sangomji will be missed.

Uniform lifestyle need not mean uniform values.

We all believe in smiling at an acquaintance if we meet him/her on the street or the lobby. It is a value and also a lifestyle.

We also have people who never to care to smile in such situations. We call them morons and get along without bothering much about it.

Because you smile, I smile and a good number of people smile we are all not clones.

I agree that one should be just oneself. there can not be two opinions about it.

In fact my post is about retaining one's identity in the midst of alien culture and values. I said self esteem and self respect and our value system helps us in that effort.

Actions speak the loudest, Mr Vaagmi.
You have to ask yourself if your posts (attacking members, always talking about other people's ego, picking fights) show a Brahmin mindset (by your own definition). No need to answer since members know the answer and are 'not bothered'

No one appointed you to defend God or Brahmins but enjoy your own self appointment ( someone told me it is called svayambu) hahaha LOL oops NON

You mentioned brahmins and dalits being extreme ends of a spectrum. And the thread was picked up from there. Let me summarily state now. Brahmins treat their servants well as human beings. Period.

For you it may sound as news. But in many brahmin's houses, the plate used for eating is exclusive to an individual. There is no mixing of these. Whenever I sit for my dinner, I sit before "my" plate. My daughter sits before her plate. So mr. Krish, it is a treatment which is not reserved to other castes on a caste basis. It is a voluntarily accepted good practice from the angle of hygiene. you might have given up this practice in your house because you have gone to the heaven on earth - Delhi.

I wrote this long back in this forum. This is an episode in my life:

One day I was purchasing flower from a flower vendor in Adyar, Chennai a few years back. There was an old man with religious marks on his forehead who was purchasing Tulsi leaves from the same vendor. As he bought the tulsi in a carry bag and gave a currency note, the vendor was paying him back the balance. The old man was receiving the money from the vendor by cupping his hand below and asking the vendor to drop the change in his hand. The vendor, who perhaps has listened to too much of hatred opiate from the politicians, told the old man that he was doing that because he did not want to touch the vendor. The old man who was obviously a brahmin replied quitely that he does not touch even his grand child at home before his dialy aradhana is completed and quitely walked away. The vendor did not understand anything of what he said is a different matter.

So, dear krish, it is a self imposed discipline with a sound reason and it has nothing to do with caste and there is absolutely no superior/ inferior binary thought process anywhere in the picture.

I have answered this already above.

I would leave this for the present to be answered by the women members here. I will come in later.

Brahmins" score is not as bad as you make it out here.

Promiscuity is indicipline and decay. Period. All needs have to be satisfied within what is universally accepted behaviour norms. Period. Brahmins are not isolated socially. They are isolated only politically and it is a strategy of others. No amount of change will lead to acceptance of brahmins into politics.

Something you have been harping on for long. Your understanding of "freedom", "liberal society", "activities" etc., are just outlandish cravings. TB girls and boys in these cities carry with them their values from home and family and are living happily without missing any good thing in life. They just laugh at the rantings of some oldies about imagined freedom and night life. LOL. They wink and say "oldies are funny people and can get very nosy if an opportunity is given.
Vaagmiji

You have a way of glorifying brahmin practices which were practical necessities -like embossing Initials on vessels and plates to identify to whom it belongs-a practice

which was there in all large joint families more to indicate to whom it belonged mother , daughter in law etc for vessels and identify who should use which plate of

various sizes.The head of the family , the economic provider even had silver plate with name embossed.

Most ate sitting on floor with plates in front males first served by women.

Dining table, self service, frig and gas along with mixie came much later.

In orthodox families , curries were served with bare hands - no gloves.Even in shraddam service, the cook uses bare hands to serve cooked vegetables and cooked

rice.Where is hygiene in this?

So this hygiene card is trying to give a modern reason to a bad practice.

2.Old man avoiding contact to receive what he has bought is plain derogatory to the seller.The seller should have refused to sell to this person.

Even in modern business deals, Shaking hands after the deal is signed is the normal practise. If women are there they might put their hands together if they are touch

me not category..{ normally perfumes they use smell nice by the way}.

3.Madi and acharam are fast disappearing practices.Next generation thankfully will not be subject to this.

4. you are avoiding women issues as your views will most probably invite brickbats from all feminists here.

5.Only brahmin women file for divorce more because they are cheated due to suppressed info on educational, professional credentials, besides physical defects, past

affairs. In indian it is in first few years of marriage. Abroad more women in thirties go for divorce more due to incompatibiliy{ based on matrimonial sites info}. There

is more stigma for divorce in brahmins. Remarriage is not that easy as divorce takes away about five plus years due to court proceedings.In Other communities

remarriage is much easier.

5. Brahmins are not disciplined as you presume.They are as hot blooded as others.Perhaps more discreet.It might be your aspiration that brahmins should not join the

main stream. It may fast lead them to extinction from tamilnadu.Other states and countries will be the gainer.

6.Ask any youngster about their understanding of freedom, liberal society ,activities. If you call it craving , they will avoid you for further communication.lol

Dear Vaagmi Ji,

I dont see the logic is the purchasing the Tulsi episode.

The Tulsi was surely held by the vendor and the finger prints of the vendor would have been all over it.

It seemed acceptable to accept Tulsi leaves from the vendor and even receive money change from him(again the money would have his finger prints too)...but it seems beyond the scope of logic that his body alone should not come in contact with the body of this orthodox man.

Excuses like "I wont even touch my grandchild" is not acceptable.

Cos if one wants to be fully unpolluted one 1st has to get a bath with Povidone Iodine to remove most surface bacteria..get a gastric lavage to remove all possible bacteria in Stomach and also a Colonic cleanse to remove all bacteria naturally present in the colon..then grow own Tulsi..and go cashless so that one does not need to touch money held by others.

We humans should strive to see purity in all...why be so obsessed with impurity?

By imagining another's touch is impure we have insulted God in that person...so why even do a Pooja when one cant respect a fellow human.

If one is afraid of infection or bacteria ..one can always wash their hands later with disinfectant as not to spread diseases...but he/she does not have to use Aradhana as an excuse to make another person or even their own grandchild seem impure...after all how are we to gauge our own purity before rendering others as impure.

But for a cow one would have immense respect? If a cow had brushed against this orthodox guy he would have thought of it as a blessing from Go-Mata..why double standards that a cow is respected more than a human?

BTW what about the mind?

Nothing can disinfect the fickle mind.

BTW I do not wash my hands in front of my patients after seeing them.
I wait for them to leave the room and only then wash my hands if needed so that they do not feel insulted that they might be spreading disease.

Last edited:

This is not discipline. This is OCD. Regardless of caste.

The Tulsi Brahmin was hit by a scooter and falls down and the vendor helps him to get up and takes him to Hospital - .and wiiing to donate blood if suitable on cross match - will he decline since his daily aradhans are not performed yet.?

....... Excuses like "I wont even touch my grandchild" is not acceptable. ......
Dear Renu,

Till the morning poojA is over, this achAram is maintained by the hard core orthodox brahmins. :ballchain:

My great grandma used to have a head bath, if she happened to visit toilet, before finishing her daily poojA! Can't believe, right?

She has also told us that, for serving buttermilk to servants, they had a long channel made by cutting a long bamboo lengthwise,

which ran from the kitchen window to outside! And....... the buttermilk has to be poured with breaks, since the servant would be

drinking it with his hands! The women with periods were NOT allowed to touch the water stored in buckets / draw water from

the well! They were treated like untouchables on 'those' days! These were the practices long long back!

BTW, we girls had more freedom in our house, since my dad was a medical practitioner and taught us that hygiene is more

important than blind practices. Those who have read my posts about my experiences in an orthodox family (in Literature forum)

will know what I mean! :)

Last edited:
The Tulsi Brahmin was hit by a scooter and falls down and the vendor helps him to get up and takes him to Hospital - .and wiiing to donate blood if suitable on cross match - will he decline since his daily aradhans are not performed yet.?
NO! That IS emergency, J J ji! :cool:

Dear Renu,

Till the morning poojA is over, this achAram is maintained by the hard core orthodox brahmins. :ballchain:

My great grandma used to have a head bath, if she happened to visit toilet, before finishing her daily poojA! Can't believe, right?

She has also told us that, for serving buttermilk to servants, they had a long channel made by cutting a long bamboo lengthwise,

which ran from the kitchen window to outside! And....... the buttermilk has to be poured with breaks, since the servant would be

drinking it with his hands! The women with periods were NOT allowed to touch the water stored in buckets / draw water from

the well! They were treated like untouchables on 'those' days! These were the practices long long back!

BTW, we girls had more freedom in our house, since my dad was a medical practitioner and taught us that hygiene is more

important than blind practices. Those who have read my posts about my experiences in an orthodox family (in Literature forum)

will know what I mean! :)

Dear RR Ji...
Was the bamboo ever washed clean before butter milk ran down its pipes...otherwise uncleaned bamboo with residue build up could cause bacterial infection for the servant drinking it.

Didnt the servants mind being treated in this manner?

....Was the bamboo ever washed clean before butter milk ran down its pipes...otherwise uncleaned bamboo with residue build up could cause bacterial infection for the servant drinking it.

Didnt the servants mind being treated in this manner?
Dear Renu,

Bamboos were very clean; no doubt about it! Otherwise, the servants would have been down with severe stomach infections!

Those days, servants had to grin and bear such treatment because it was the 'way' they were treated! :sad:

Vaagmiji

You have a way of glorifying brahmin practices which were practical necessities -like embossing Initials on vessels and plates to identify to whom it belongs-a practice which was there in all large joint families more to indicate to whom it belonged mother , daughter in law etc for vessels and identify who should use which plate of various sizes.The head of the family , the economic provider even had silver plate with name embossed.Most ate sitting on floor with plates in front males first served by women.Dining table, self service, frig and gas along with mixie came much later.

What are you trying to tell. I am not talking about embossing any initials. I am talking about allocating different plates to different individuals in the family. This has nothing to do with ownership. Period. So it was and it had more to do with hygiene than with ownership. LOL. And it had nothing to do with size either.

In orthodox families , curries were served with bare hands - no gloves.Even in shraddam service, the cook uses bare hands to serve cooked vegetables and cooked rice.Where is hygiene in this?

May be in your family things were served with bare hands. But in my family it was always by using a laddle or a spoon. And your family was perhaps orthodox with symbolic compliance without understanding the underlying hygenic principles. In my family serving with bare hands is strictly prohibited since time immemorial.

So this hygiene card is trying to give a modern reason to a bad practice.

read the above para carefully again.

2.Old man avoiding contact to receive what he has bought is plain derogatory to the seller.The seller should have refused to sell to this person. Even in modern business deals, Shaking hands after the deal is signed is the normal practise. If women are there they might put their hands together if they are touch me not category..{ normally perfumes they use smell nice by the way}.

Whom I touch and who I allow to touch me is my and only my prerogative. Even if you read a lot of superiority/ inferiority nonsense into this, I wont give up my right to decide that. Period. For me all are equal. But if I have to prove this only by touching everybody , allowing everyone to touch me, etc., I will refuse to do that. Who knows one day you may ask me to go and kiss everyone on the street to prove my sincerety.

3.Madi and acharam are fast disappearing practices.Next generation thankfully will not be subject to this.

You have a poor understanding of madi and acharam.

4. you are avoiding women issues as your views will most probably invite brickbats from all feminists here.

This is a subject which has been discussed at length in this forum already. And I recommend that you go to the archives and do some research to find out who will get brickbats and who will get bouquets.

5.Only brahmin women file for divorce more because they are cheated due to suppressed info on educational, professional credentials, besides physical defects, past affairs. In indian it is in first few years of marriage. Abroad more women in thirties go for divorce more due to incompatibiliy{ based on matrimonial sites info}. There is more stigma for divorce in brahmins. Remarriage is not that easy as divorce takes away about five plus years due to court proceedings.In Other communities remarriage is much easier.

So are you suggesting that young folk should change their spouses like we change the tyres of wheels of the car? Or that the procedure should be simplified to a triple talaq? We can discuss this topic in detail in a separate thread.

5. Brahmins are not disciplined as you presume.They are as hot blooded as others.Perhaps more discreet.It might be your aspiration that brahmins should not join the main stream. It may fast lead them to extinction from tamilnadu.Other states and countries will be the gainer.

Soothsayer, I do not agree with you.

6.Ask any youngster about their understanding of freedom, liberal society ,activities. If you call it craving , they will avoid you for further communication.lol

Come to Tamilnadu and ask. You will be surprised. Delhi is not Tamilnadu. We are different here. It is anarchy there. LOL.

Last edited:
I know a mAmi who will NOT allow the females to touch the taps on 'those' days because the water in the overhead tank

will get contaminated! Some other member of the house will keep a special pail of water for their use! ;)

The Tulsi seller, (thinks he is) born of Brahmin parents but never put poonal and keeps belittling Brahmins (and everything they stand for whenever and wherever he can, especially seniors), on returning home at dusk after a successful sales-day, is hit by a hit-and-run motorcyclist and loses all four limbs. The elderly Brahmin ex-customer lifts him up, transports him to hospital, pays for his admission,nd offers to donate his 'O' type blood if needed.

"No thanks," says the injured Tulsi seller. You are doing all this out of spite, you dirty paappaara-payale. But you can give me a thousand rupees now, for insulting me this morning and refusing to accept the change, which I still have with me and will keep.

"Only remember this, old fart: I manure my Tulsi plants by using my diluted urine."

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

The Tulsi seller, (thinks he is) born of Brahmin parents but never put poonal and keeps belittling Brahmins (and everything they stand for whenever and wherever he can, especially seniors), on returning home at dusk after a successful sales-day, is hit by a hit-and-run motorcyclist and loses all four limbs. The elderly Brahmin ex-customer lifts him up, transports him to hospital, pays for his admission,nd offers to donate his 'O' type blood if needed.

"No thanks," says the injured Tulsi seller. You are doing all this out of spite, you dirty paappaara-payale. But you can give me a thousand rupees now, for insulting me this morning and refusing to accept the change, which I still have with me and will keep.

"Only remember this, old fart: I manure my Tulsi plants by using my diluted urine."

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Yucks...what a horrid story.

Who ever puts urine on a Tulsi plant.

You have insulted the Tulsi plant.

Hey Bhagawan.. just a singleTulsi leaf could be equal in weight with You is now insulted by a Dwija in Forum.

Hey Raam..How my eyes hurt to read this..what happened to Acharam?
This is Abacharam!

What are you trying to tell. I am not talking about embossing any initials. I am talking about allocating different plates to different individuals in the family. This has nothing to do with ownership. Period. So it was and it had more to do with hygiene than with ownership. LOL. And it had nothing to do with size either.

May be in your family things were served with bare hands. But in my family it was always by using a laddle or a spoon. And your family was perhaps orthodox with symbolic compliance without understanding the underlying hygenic principles. In my family serving with bare hands is strictly prohibited since time immemorial.

read the above para carefully again.

Whom I touch and who I allow to touch me is my and only my prerogative. Even if you read a lot of superiority/ inferiority nonsense into this, I wont give up my right to decide that. Period. For me all are equal. But if I have to prove this only by touching everybody , allowing everyone to touch me, etc., I will refuse to do that. Who knows one day you may ask me to go and kiss everyone on the street to prove my sincerety.

You have a poor understanding of madi and acharam.

This is a subject which has been discussed at length in this forum already. And I recommend that you go to the archives and do some research to find out who will get brickbats and who will get bouquets.

So are you suggesting that young folk should change their spouses like we change the tyres of wheels of the car? Or that the procedure should be simplified to a triple talaq? We can discuss this topic in detail in a separate thread.

Soothsayer, I do not agree with you.

Come to Tamilnadu and ask. You will be surprised. Delhi is not Tamilnadu. We are different here. It is anarchy there. LOL.
!.The issue is not my family or yours as far as serving with bare hands during shraddha or such events.

I went to Ahobila madam in tirupati recently couple of weeks back.

The cooked vegetable and rice made in the madam was served to the orthodox there with bare hands. No gloves .lol

Orthodox follow rules not necessarily hygienic.

Same is true of shradh food served to vadhyar and brahmins specifically for the occasion in the most religeous way. Same convention.. those who serve are bare

bodied and sweating also. Yuk.It is holy food for brahmins.

2.Rajiramji has described above how servants were served butter milk thru bamboo channels from kitchen.Also how women during certain days were not allowed to

touch buckets with water. They were considered so impure by the orthodox.Thats the hygiene we are talking about.

3.If a marriage does not work out due to any/ many reasons, It is not reasonable to continue with that .Our justice system provides for remedies..Only it takes too

much time which is bad for women as delays matter more to women at a particular age.

4. Let us see how long brahmins last in tamilnadu with youngsters moving out to other places.or marrying IC.

5. Every one takes pride that he is different until it personally hits him. Then he laments that it is happening to me. Everyone imagines that his family is different.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back