• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am imagining you... Rudhran Ji and Narayanaswamy Ji hugging and making up..what a scene yaar!LOL

Doctor mam,

In a Forum like this, it is very difficult to hug one sitting in South and the other resting at North.

And I believe that there are lot of other ways to spread love among the members thro behaviour and gestures.

For example appreciating, encouraging, supporting and btw does JALRA...include in this...?

But it is reciprocation that is more IMPORTANT. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know divorce rates have radically jumped up.

In delhi there are 17-20 matrimonial courts as against 3 to 5 10 years back.

Girls do not take the patriarchal system anymore due to better education and becoming working girls.

Arranged marriage among the young is only for those who are incapable of finding a match on their own and require parents help and intervention.

This talk of IC in making relationship is irrelevant for them.

Many only think of legitimising a relationship only after they are sure of their partners.

They approach their parents for that as they still would like to have their approval and blessings.

Enlightened parents accept and many get tough and drive away the offending boy to get someone of same caste .

This is for urban couple.

In rural, boys get lynched, girl become victims of honour killings as parents honour is considered hurt .lol

Of course Brahmins are satvik and some like depicted in chetan bhagat movie Two States beg the boy to leave their daughters alone.

In case , the boy is steadfast, then they give in mostly.

I have seen this happening in real life.

In fact in some cases, girls parents disown the girl if she stubbornly sticks to her boy friend and marries him.

The reasons given by brahmin parents is there are other girls in the family whose marriage prospects will be hurt., relatives and friends will disapprove etc.

Yet crossing the caste barrier is becoming common place but religion is still sacred enough.

Not many Hindu girls marry boys from other religions.

Last edited:

One can come across such news daily...

It is not rural or urban that matters

Some castes still prove that they are more caste-conscious.

Man kills daughter for inter-caste marriage

Bhubaneswar: A teenaged girl was strangulated to death allegedly by her father for marrying a boy from a different caste in Balangir district. The girl's plight did not end with her death.

The Government Railway Police (GRP), after recovering the body, handed it over to the local civic body, which in turn threw it in a dumping yard.

Some local volunteers retrieved the girl's body from the jaws of stray dogs and performed the last rites on Friday, four days after she was murdered.

The deceased has been identified as Geeta Tanla, 17 of Khunt Samalei village under Patnagarh police limits. She had married Narendra Tandi of the same village. "The accused, Kailash Tanla, was on the run after strangulating his daughter near Balangir railway station. We have registered a case on the basis of complaint lodged by the deceased's grandmother," said GRP inspector K N Thelko.

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...inter-caste-marriage/articleshow/52475313.cms
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter-caste marriage ends in honour killing

MUZAFFARNAGAR: A 23-year-old youth, Ajit Saini, was brutally killed by the brother of the Jat girl he loved and claimed to have married and his body has been found probably a week after the murder.

Saini's throat had been slit and legs chopped off. His name tattooed on his left hand had been burnt off with acid.

The alleged killer, Anuj Tomar, has been arrested and is said to have confessed to the crime. There is no trace of his sister, Anshu, 19, and police suspect she too has been done away with.

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nds-in-honour-killing/articleshow/5908484.cms\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indian student hacked to death for intercaste marriage

“They married some eight months ago and the woman’s family was unhappy. She is an upper Thevar Hindu caste and the man was a Dalit,” Manjunatha told AFP.

Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1065382/indian-student-hacked-to-death-for-intercaste-marriage/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Dalits in Tamil Nadu are killed for 'love jihad', intercaste couples find refuge in urban anonymity

A Dalit engineering studentwas brutally murdered in July for talking to a girl from a higher caste.

Source; https://scroll.in/article/763258/as...rcaste-couples-find-refuge-in-urban-anonymity

.......... 1. If such IC/IR marriages are such a common feature as the proponents keep suggesting in almost every post they make, why is it a news item still in 2016? Do we have news items for ordinary or for out of the ordinary..?...........

2. Of course there are some useful idiots in the brahmin community and in Hindu community who unwittingly join the jAlra and at the drop of the hat start blah-blahing the suffocating, constricted, patriarchal, manu-vadi brahminism/hinduism style and their own version of hinduism is what they see in the "Neeya Naana" tele soap opera.
Dear Narayan Sir,

Thanks for your participation in this thread. :) Now, my comments:

Since girls are given more freedom than in the past generations, the I C / I R marriages are increasing.

I C / I R marriages will not be a topic for discussion, when brahm to brahm marriages become rare!

2. I am surprised to see the word 'idiot' in your post
icon4.png

Doctor mam,

In a Forum like this, it is very difficult to hug one sitting in South and the other resting at North.

And I believe that there are lot of other ways to spread love among the members thro behaviour and gestures.

For example appreciating, encouraging, supporting and btw does JALRA...include in this...?

But it is reciprocation that is more IMPORTANT. :)

Jaanam Dekh Lo Mit Gayi Dooriyan
Main Yahaan Hoon, Yahaan Hoon, Yahaan Hoon, Yahaan.. -

Yesterday Supreme court judge gave a classic judgement on womens right to live and love.

Bench headed by Justice Deepak Misra observed that like a ,man , woman have their own space in society.They are not allowed to live in peace and empowered with dignity and freedom.. She has a right to life and is entitled to love according to her choice.

He wondered why women could not assert their individual choice which is legally recognised.

No one can compel a woman to love .She has the absolute right to reject.

Hearing a case , where a girl helped a boy wrongly accused of of raping her by her father leading to dismissal of case against him.The boy started later harassing her

leading to her suicide.

Parents need to be beware . They should not come in the way of love choices of girl children.They can be booked for the offence.Where girls are educated adults and

holding decent jobs they have the right to love whom they want. Emotionally black mailing them quoting all frivolous reasons and pressurising them to call off their

relationship is immoral and against laws of the land.

The death of a sweet girl (four years senior to me) in our school, is still fresh in my memory :sad:

She was a NB girl, loved her 'murai paiyan' (mama's son) and wanted to marry him. Since her father possessed lot more money

than his b i l, he objected to her choice. She was in XI standard at that time. One fine morning, she and her lover ate crushed

'araLi' seeds and ended their lives, holding each others hands, in her garden. Since the parents did NOT want postmortem of the

bodies, a snake in the garden was blamed for killing them! Money talked and the local police obliged! :hail:

Yesterday Supreme court judge gave a classic judgement on womens right to live and love.

Bench headed by Justice Deepak Misra observed that like a ,man , woman have their own space in society.They are not allowed to live in peace and empowered with dignity and freedom.. She has a right to life and is entitled to love according to her choice......
OMG! The Supreme Court has to say THIS?? :D

Bench headed by Justice Deepak Misra observed that like a ,man , woman have their own space in society.They are not allowed to live in peace and empowered with dignity and freedom.. She has a right to life and is entitled to love according to her choice.

Of course, Supreme Court, in order to reduce the pendency, may be disposing the cases by passing landmark judgments..

What is important is how far these orders are enforced or implemented strictly in letter and spirit remains a question mark…

For example, way back in 2014, the Supreme Court struck down ‘Bull taming game’ Jallikattu Act ..

But what happened practically, Tamil Nadu Government ensured that ‘Jallikattu’ is played…

Similarly, in 2015, the Supreme Court passed orders to the effect that Aadhar cannot be made mandatory…

But what happened practically, the Government at the Centre now insists Aadhar, a biometric identity, compulsory for a range of services…

There is lot more…..

Supreme Court may pass landmark judgments, but how far the society or the Governments accepts and observes in practice is remains to be seen.

If women are not given the right to life and love, they will be forced to act like swedish spiders.

I believe the female to avoid unwanted attention from male of the species,falls to the ground and acts dead when chased by the male. When the male goes away , the female escapes.

Our females make excuses like ' I am already committed and have a boyfriend' or say" I am not attracted to men" to ward off attention.

It is indeed tough to be a female in india and live in a male jungle.

Dear Narayan Sir,

Thanks for your participation in this thread. :) Now, my comments:

Having participated/interjected/contributed/posted in some of your earlier threads too and not having got this sort of "thanks for participation" response, I have a queasy feeling that this *welcome* is a peeDam/asthivAram for a not-so usual pleasant conversation I guess.

Till I read this quoted post of yours, I did not look at who is the author of this read.

That the SujAta of our forum with such creative writing ability as contained in threads like "O America" (to name just one such thread) should suddenly develop an urge to initiate a run of the mill Mills & Boon type of paperback is a bit of surprise to me

Since girls are given more freedom than in the past generations, the I C / I R marriages are increasing.

I C / I R marriages will not be a topic for discussion, when brahm to brahm marriages become rare!

In my original post, parts of which you have quoted, I had mentioned three other things.. (a) that we should be observant; (b) should not be forming an opinion based on casual reading of articles of newspapers, watching and reporting or mimicking based on telly soap operas like Neeya-naana etc. and (c) inter-caste marriages have been happening since the days of Manu.

If we are observant, we will notice (i) that IC/IR marriages can increase only when there is a generational shift, i.e. shift from one generation to another. Each generation, as computed generally is of 20 years span and as such dramatic changes cannot happen every alternative day.

(ii) Sri Vgane had done the most comprehensive poll among us the members about 6 to 9 months back even going to the extent of contacting other members thru private messages and getting their inputs with vigorous follow-up. If my memory serves me right, the IC/IR marriages were at about 26%, this cant increase to 40 or 50% overnight even if we feel that more and more of our friends and relatives' wards appear to be entering into IC/IR circle.

(iii) The society has/develops a self correcting or check-back system. It first starts to tickle in one direction, then it flows and after a while having purged off the excesses it veers back in the other direction.

Manu had mentioned IC marriages in Manu Dharmashastras, said to have been compiled about 2000 years back and even assuming that mere 0.1% were IC marriages and getting incrementally increased annually at that rate, there would have been no brahmins by around 800 AD, if it was such an one way street. Somewhere the society decided to check back and started to veer around and be a comformist society conforming to the then prevailing system of same caste marriages.

To give a second example of this self correction, MuKA & company made a killing in politics by atheism theory, but just see today. When MukA is about 90 years, hardly there are 15% athiests in black-shirt community and nobody even mentions about it.

2. I am surprised to see the word 'idiot' in your post

I had not used the word 'idiot' but used the double-word 'useful idiot' in my post. "useful idiot" means a person who naively or unwittingly falls for the propaganda and start to echo the words of agenda-setters. I had even stated who these people are in my original post.. my version of them are those who form their own opinion of hinduism having seen soap operas like "neeya naana" and believing them to be 100% true etc.

The definition of "useful idiot" as given in Wikipedia is "

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause whose goals of which they are not fully aware, and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

I used the word precisely in that sense.

Last edited:
One might dream of self correcting mechanisms getting the old caste ism back and hope for the glorious days of brahmins as in the past.

Life is made of such pleasant dreams and one lives on hopes.

IC/IR weddings are here to stay.

They cannot be wished away.

Sooner one accepts the changed order pleasanter would be the living.

Time for Bromance!LOL

[video=youtube_share;Uq734_nZ7Eo]https://youtu.be/Uq734_nZ7Eo[/video]

Now every time I remember Krishji, I will remember the purple dinosaur.

Not just IC/IR, but Barney clearly believes in inter-species love as well!

Dear Narayan Sir,

The 'thanks' note to you was because I did not expect you to enter this masalA thread!

I guess I should go back ONLY to my creative writing and not opt for masalA stuff!! :typing:
In spite of being arachcha mAvu, this thread seems to run to many pages - more than what I expected. :bump2:

May be because of the unexpected twists and turns it has taken so far!

BTW, now I got meaning of 'useful idiot'!
:)

P.S: If you are interested in Tamil movie titles, please participate in the new thread ''
தமிழில் விளையாடுவோம்!''

One might dream of self correcting mechanisms getting the old caste ism back and hope for the glorious days of brahmins as in the past.

Rebut the argument by facts and figures and not merely by generalisations. We have had too many posts of these philosophical over-generalisations. It does require time and effort and cant suit those with an urge to respond pronto.

Life is made of such pleasant dreams and one lives on hopes.

IC/IR weddings are here to stay.

They cannot be wished away.

Sooner one accepts the changed order pleasanter would be the living.

You please continue your journey in your own La-la land..

Last edited:
Rebut the argument by facts and figures and not merely by generalisations. We have had too many posts of these philosophical over-generalisations. It does require time and effort and cant suit those with an urge to respond pronto.

You please continue your journey in your own La-la land..

I fail to see the facts and figures in this post. Just another opinion adding to the "many posts of these philosophical over-generalisations".

If women are not given the right to life and love, they will be forced to act like swedish spiders.

I believe the female to avoid unwanted attention from male of the species,falls to the ground and acts dead when chased by the male. When the male goes away , the female escapes.

Our females make excuses like ' I am already committed and have a boyfriend' or say" I am not attracted to men" to ward off attention.

It is indeed tough to be a female in india and live in a male jungle.

May be a nice masala theme for a Hindi Movie.... hope senior citizen of 70+ will love such themes.

I have already Bahubali2 and Begumjan lined up for next week.

In delhi tickets for tamil version of bahubali do not have many takers.

I am waiting for a working day .

The rates are atrocious on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back