• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do not take a second wife because they do not trust first wife.

They only think that more the merrier.

But in many cases it is double whammy

May be personal experience that speaks.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Renu,

Vaagmi Sir enlightened my by saying that KaNNappanAyanAr is a descendant of Vishnavites!
May be, Shiva will call ONLY Vishnu!! :horn:

Dear Renu,

Vaagmi Sir enlightened my by saying that KaNNappanAyanAr is a descendant of Vishnavites!
May be, Shiva will call ONLY Vishnu!! :horn:

Dear RR ji,

When I was reading Vaagmi ji quoting Kannapa Nayanar for a moment I was confused.

I was thinking "What is happening.. isnt this a Shaiva story?"

Then I thought Ok..at a higher level there is only Brahman..Shiva or Vishnu both are but manifestation of Brahman.

Why are brahmins brilliant?

They live in a nation ruled by an OBC

Use internet invented by Malechas

Have a vice president who is a muslim.

Show allegiance to a constitution drafted by a Dalit

Hope to work in companies founded by baniyas

Believe that caste system should be done way with and dusted with for good

This is posted by a bengali brahmin on social site Quora-courtesy

Why are brahmins brilliant?

They live in a nation ruled by an OBC

Use internet invented by Malechas

Have a vice president who is a muslim.

Show allegiance to a constitution drafted by a Dalit

Hope to work in companies founded by baniyas

Believe that caste system should be done way with and dusted with for good

This is posted by a bengali brahmin on social site Quora-courtesy

This posting may be by a member who is riding on a derailed bandwagan. lol

Please read the left out portion of the message....

Because they live in a nation ruled by an OBC, use Internet invented by Malechas, have a vice president who’s a Muslim, worship gods who were Kshatriyas, owe our allegiance to a constitution drafted by a Dalit, hope to work in companies founded by Baniyas and believe that the caste system should be done and dusted with for good - so that no one asks a question like this on Quora again.

Courtesy: Quora-- Link: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Brahmins-so-brilliant

Last edited by a moderator:
Pl elaborate what the extra words mean to you in addition.

In new india, privileges due to belonging to caste or religion do not count for much.

Thats what I have been saying all along.

So additional words are only what I have posted all along.

No need to repeat.

There is no point in pouncing upon me.

I had already given you to original source..

The last sentence was missing in the posting that you have pasted

Please go through the link again and again....

Now Renukaji, you have mentioned the correct scientific explanation.

It is known that in any genetic study you cannot trace lineage through nuclear DNA even though it plays the salient role in cell development. That is because nuclear DNA is inherited from both father and mother and there is no way to separate which trait is inherited from whom. However since mitochondrial DNA (cytoplasmic DNA) is solely inherited from the ovum of the mother there is no doubt about maternal lineage even though paternal line is harder to prove.

This fact will of course go over the head of all the lawyers and others who have freshly invaded the forum and who are fixated on their father's last name. I hope at least the resident geneticist will understand the fundamental scientific principle you have brought up.

It is the mother who matters, not father, contrary to how people define caste inheritance.

Dear Biswa ji,

That is why society made all rules to control females..its becos we are the cradle of life..we hold the secret for any lineage.

Men can only hope a progeny is theirs...now I guess you understand the fear of Varnasankar.

This is where a man loses out to a female...only tru a mother a child knows who his/her father is.

A child calls out "Amma/Ma/Ummi/Ammi" automatically...even a calf calls out Maaaaaaa but not Paaaaaa!LOL

A mother has to say "This is your Appa/Abba/Pita".

Yes..Jews are smart!..the understand Mitochondrial DNA is solely inherited from mother.

Dont Jews win the most Nobel Prizes for everything and anything?

Dear Biswa Sir,

I think the kanjoos behaviour of Duryodhana was the reason for Kurukshethra war! If he had given five villages

or at least five houses to the Pandavas, the 'veNNai' Yudhishthira would have stopped the war. :becky:

BTW, I may be bad but surely NOT as bad as Duryodhana. :D

...... It is the mother who matters, not father, contrary to how people define caste inheritance.
You have enlightened me, Biswa Sir!
icon3.png

Now I know why the brahmin moms, who have had I C / I R weddings, search for brahmin grooms for their daughters! :cool:

Now Renukaji, you have mentioned the correct scientific explanation.

It is known that in any genetic study you cannot trace lineage through nuclear DNA even though it plays the salient role in cell development. That is because nuclear DNA is inherited from both father and mother and there is no way to separate which trait is inherited from whom. However since mitochondrial DNA (cytoplasmic DNA) is solely inherited from the ovum of the mother there is no doubt about maternal lineage even though paternal line is harder to prove.

This fact will of course go over the head of all the lawyers and others who have freshly invaded the forum and who are fixated on their father's last name. I hope at least the resident geneticist will understand the fundamental scientific principle you have brought up.

It is the mother who matters, not father, contrary to how people define caste inheritance.

Mata..Pita..Guru..Deivam...

In the Geeta..Lord Krishna addresses Arjuna very frequently as Kaunteya or Partha.
Pandava is very seldom used.

Even in Islam...

The Hadith
1. The Prophet Muhammad said, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him: Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother (Ahmad, Nasai).43

2. A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim).

Last edited:
Dear RR ji,

Parsis have surnames like Doctor,Engineer,Contractor.

I guess Screwala denotes some mechanical type of job.

But what I am surprised is Parsis are originally from Iran..what happened to their original Iranian surnames?

Even though Parsis too claim unbroken lineage some of them clearly look North Indian mixed ..some intermarriage could have taken place..they do not look 100% Iranian.

Parsis have also surnames indicating their profession like, Dorabdaruwala (dorabdaru means spices and not batli or daru), daruwala. todiwala (extractors and fermentors of liquor) etc.

Inter-marriage is the least in the case of Parsis as they are practically ex-communicated on inter-religious marriage and are not even allowed to visit their Agni temples known as (agiyAris) and the dead bodies of the deceased are not permitted to be placed at the tomb where vultures eat away the corpse. Inter-religious marriages like that of JRD Tata are exceptions.

Most are 100% Iranians of the old and their features are easily discernible. The problem is that the present Iran occupants are the invaders and have features of Arabs. So now when you compare an Irani with a Parsi, you are comparing an Arab with the native Iranian, so we get wrong impression.

Parsis have surnames associated with profession like engineer, doctor, contractor etc. and it does not take much to know that they did not have surnames originally because such professions were hardly existing then.

Most of the people identified as Parsis now are the refugees from Persia (modern day Iran) being Zorastrians escaping the persecution of Arabs. But we hardly distinguish the original set of immigrants, viz. the vedic aryans.

One has to give 100% marks to the Parsis for their total assimilation with Indian ethos and not being a trouble-creating community inspite of being native in this land for the last 1000 years (since the second influx) and more than 5000 years (the first influx).

Dasturs or the priests are the BrAhmaNas of Parsees.

Dear RR ji,

Parsis have surnames like Doctor,Engineer,Contractor.

I guess Screwala denotes some mechanical type of job.

But what I am surprised is Parsis are originally from Iran..what happened to their original Iranian surnames?

Even though Parsis too claim unbroken lineage some of them clearly look North Indian mixed ..some intermarriage could have taken place..they do not look 100% Iranian.

You might also recall the discussion regarding the origin of the word "Hindu" being a corrupted form of "Sindhu" etc.

As you are fond of reading all religious texts, I would recommend you to read a bit of "avesta" the parsi religious texts wherein you will find much similarity with our own Rig Veda.

Vedic Aryans and the original Persians (before the Arab invasion) had common Gods and you will find names of Mitra, varUna, Indra etc.

It appears that some of the Persians returned back to Persia while a group (or a few groups) stayed put in India. The group/s that stayed back in India adopted Indra as their main God whereas the group that migrated back had Mitra, varUna etc. as their principal deities. Many of the sura-asura battles mentioned in our vedas and in their avesta are allegorical tug of war between the persians who stayed back in India and those that returned.

You will get a new view of asura etc... which does not match at all with the current narrative of dravidians and the left leaning historians have imposed on Indians. You will also likely find Indra losing to Varuna etc. in their avesta.

The vedic aryans did not take it kindly to see some Persians returning back can be gauged from the fact that Varuna is depicted as "villian" even in BhAgawatam (the episode of Sri Krishna lifting the Govardhana parvatam) in response to Varuna being angry that he did not get the share of the yAga Havis (!!) composed at least 2000 years after Rg Veda times.

Now the ultimate test of this thread after 448 posts

How many will accept/tolerate IC/IR in their or extended family?

I have no hesitation in saying yes.

Some may qualify saying not in my nuclear family and OK in extended family.lol

கால பைரவன்;379975 said:
Emigrated to Canada for safety reasons?

What are they afraid of? Whom they need to be secured from?

Not all people will have the means or capacity or opportunity to emigrate to canada or other foreign places. What can be done in such cases?

The usual Amir Khan syndrome!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back