• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One honest and genuine doubt! :confused:

Can those brahmins who follow our shAstrAs, cross a sea/ seas and settle in a foreign country?

This happened about 100 years back: (Source:
Srinivasa Ramanujan )

Srinivasa Ramanujan died aged 32 in Madras on April 26, 1920. His death was most likely caused by hepatic

amoebiasis caused by
liver parasites common in Madras. His body was cremated. Sadly, some of Ramanujan’s

Brahmin relatives refused to attend his funeral because he had traveled overseas.
BTW, one of our spiritual Gurus has declared that there is NO USE in performing any rituals outside India - THE Karma bhoomi!

Even for performing srAddham of parent(s) one has be in India. :)

Why call them pest rat etc? Don't criminalize - intolerance will take you nowhere - well tolerant Hindus go to Bikaner to pray at Karni Mata or Rat Temple!

You pray to rats (and mice) at Rat Temples? You encourage other peoples' homes to be destroyed by termites? Do you also pray to Mandu The Frog/Toad (nothing to do with Kermit of American cartoon fame) and serve platefuls of live cockroaches to Her? How about worshipping scorpions, centipedes, hornets? Can do? (Stings from a cloud of hornets killed a class-mate of mine in primary school.)

Criminalise? They not mere criminals. They are murderers of the entire human race.

(Do you know that when I last visited Kaashi/Varanasi, I was told that while the thieving vicious monkey population was thriving, that humans including children and the maimed begging for alms in the alley-ways were chased away by temple-goers and their retinue, and were starving?)

Then you are truly a greater (wo)man than me, Gunga Din!

Is it not this head-in-the-sand ostrich attitude that is responsible for Hindus being mass-murdered and driven out of Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh? For more and more Hindus marrying Muslims and Christians? For more than 50% of stored food-grains being destroyed annually in India by vermin (WHO report)?

Please tell me. How should we regard crows in India?

As semi-gods and vehicles of Shani Bhagavaan? As pithru-thoothans consuming our offered pindams and dutifully sending messages on our behalf to our deceased hungry ancestors? Or as common carrion-eaters, roadkill-eaters, carriers of disease and causers of fatal psittacosis disease to humans, especially children through their droppings and the infected saliva in their peckings?

Should not anopheles mosquitoes which spread fatal malaria, other dangerous mosquitoes which cause Dengue fever, Zika, Jaundice, rickettsiae which cause typhus infection -- all be allowed to freely breed and multiply, proportionately reducing the human population on Earth and in India?

Please do not sit on the fence, madam!

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Do you also pray to Mandu The Frog/Toad (#327)

Pray? Well we have even a festival dedicated to Mandugam and Alagar gives him sabavimochanam during Alagar Festivals in Madurai

The Frog Sage and Other Stories, Thirumaaliruncholai

https://kshetrapuranas.wordpress.co...ther-stories-thirumaaliruncholai-part-ii/amp/

You will love this if you enter.and follow Alagar along Vaigai even if the River bed is bone dry just now - Festival starts on Chithra pournami!

Iyer sir talks of accepting children of convicts .

I am reminded of one incident.

My relative was looking for a match in US for his daughter. The boy was reluctant to leave US to meet the girl elsewhere as he feared he might not be allowed to enter

US again. When his background was checked , he had been booked for violating traffic light and refusing to heed the call of police to stop and tried running away. He had got

booked> Not a great offense by indian standards where we get way with a minor fine..

However my relative developed cold feet and refused to consider any boy from US after that.

People can develop fears even if the offense is minor and hidden.

What to talk of hugging them or accepting them

Dear Krish Sir,

The craze of foreign mAppillai is gone with the wind.

Girls prefer staying back in India, to constantly get the support from their parents. :hug:

Dear Krish Sir,

The craze of foreign mAppillai is gone with the wind.

Girls prefer staying back in India, to constantly get the support from their parents. :hug:
Actually they would prefer to get from both girl and boys parents alternately if possible.lol

I came across a girl whose engagement got broken by boys parents { both boy and his parents from US} as the girls father checked the boys credentials after

engagement. They got offended .

I simply selected the girl for a boy in my extended family whose engagement got broken since the girl he was engaged to got a promotion in office after engagement and started earning

more than the boy.

two families worship me for my fairness and sense of justice.lol

"Can those brahmins who follow our shAstrAs, cross a sea/ seas and settle in a foreign country?" -- Veteran Raji Ram.

Response:

Did Braahmana Raavana, his brothers Kumbha-karnan and Vibheeshanan settle in the Island of Lanka, a foreign country to the south of Bharatha kandam in Bhaaratha varsham?

Did Kshathriyas Shree Raaman and brother Lakshmanan cross a sea to Lanka, and return?

Did the great sage maharishi Kapila cross the oceans to the North American continent to do tapas and there reduce to ashes the 60,000 sons of King Sagara who had falsely accused the sage of stealing their father's sacrificial horse, which had been abducted by Indira?

Ever heard of Brahmaanda Puraana? Ever read the samvaada in it between Lord Hayagreeva and sage Agasthya? Ever recited Sree Lalitha sahasra-naamam? Know what is the 668th naama?

"loka yathraa vidhaayinyai namaha."

Answer is Yes, certainly.
There is Puranic authority for it.

Many, many "Braahmanas who follow our Shaasthraas" have crossed the seas not only to Lanka, but also to Mauritius, Fiji, Hongkong, Indonesia, Singapore, Madagascar, Australia, New Zealand, the British Isles, Canada, the United States of America, South Africa, Germany, Holland, France, Russia and elsewhere. Some have settled there, others not.

They have not lost, much less abandoned, their Brahmin caste and customs, if that is your real concern.

The real concern is Brahmins in India who produce non-Brahmin children through liaisons and through inter-marriage with other castes, and with followers of other faiths like Christians, Muslims, atheists . The Kshathriyas and the Vaishyas seem to have disappeared, leaving the Shudras and "others".

The Brahmins appear to be slowly reaching that fate. Many only wear their poonools but do no kriyas. Others discard even the poonals, and boast about it.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Brahmins are actually super men.

They can climb mountains ,cross the seas , settle anywhere.

Brahmins can make others abandon their customs .

They are capable ofl marrying good looking men and women from other races,castes and give children they produce half brahmin status.

Thru inter marriage lots of other castes have become half brahmins..

Brahmins some of whom have poonools use it to scratch their own backs and other brahmins who have discarded poonools find others who can scratch their back

Tamil brahmins vaazhga.

"Thru inter marriage lots of other castes have become half brahmins."

Of course you're right, as usual, Sri Krish44, Veteran.

By crossing hydrogen gas with oxygen gas we do not get half-oxygen or half-hydrogen, not even another gas but a liquid. By mixing milk with salt we get..... (But I am getting ahead of myself, sorry.)

By crossing thoroughbred stallions with drays, we produce more drays, not half-stallions. Ask any vet (veterinarian, not
Veteran).

By crossing our greyhound with a spaniel, we produce neither greyhound nor spaniel. We produce a nameless mongrel. Ask any dog-breeder.

By crossing a horse with a donkey, we produce mules. Ask any farmer.

By crossing a Brahman ox with a seladang from Sumatra...... we do not produce more Brahman oxes.

By a native African south of the Sahara marrying a Mongolian..... (James Bond calls the issue Chigroes.)

By a Chinese marrying an Indian, we have Chindian babies.

Not unknown to us are the great international, inter-racial highly respected and thriving communities of Anglo-Indians, Eurasians, Amerasians, Amerarfricans, Sri Lankan Burghers (not the edible USA type), Boers, Straits Settlements Peranakans, and many, many more.

Quod erat demonstrandum?

Regards, and thanks.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

"Thru inter marriage lots of other castes have become half brahmins."

Of course you're right, as usual, Sri Krish44, Veteran.

By crossing hydrogen gas with oxygen gas we do not get half-oxygen or half-hydrogen, not even another gas but a liquid. By mixing milk with salt we get..... (But I am getting ahead of myself, sorry.)

By crossing thoroughbred stallions with drays, we produce more drays, not half-stallions. Ask any vet (veterinarian, not
Veteran).

By crossing our greyhound with a spaniel, we produce neither greyhound nor spaniel. We produce a nameless mongrel. Ask any dog-breeder.

By crossing a horse with a donkey, we produce mules. Ask any farmer.

By crossing a Brahman ox with a seladang from Sumatra...... we do not produce more Brahman oxes.

By a native African south of the Sahara marrying a Mongolian..... (James Bond calls the issue Chigroes.)

By a Chinese marrying an Indian, we have Chindian babies.

Not unknown to us are the great international, inter-racial highly respected and thriving communities of Anglo-Indians, Eurasians, Amerasians, Amerarfricans, Sri Lankan Burghers (not the edible USA type), Boers, Straits Settlements Peranakans, and many, many more.

Quod erat demonstrandum?

Regards, and thanks.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Over the centuries intermixing of any kind could have taken place.

What we call inhabitants of India today is a genetic potpourri of various types DNA .
.there is no one who is 100% of anything anymore.
.no matter how much one would like to believe.

Its a known fact during migration of communities
men took local wives.
That would explain why over all a Tamil Brahmin looks South Indian when compared to a Brahmin from North of India

Even a European wont be 100% of anything anymore..
So many have more than type of European blood in them.

Southern Europeans esp Spanish have Semetic DNA.
Some Semetics themselves have African DNA too.

Famous Hollywood actor who looks Caucasian has African American DNA too from a female ancestor the brave and famous Rosa Parks.

If we send our blood for DNA analysis the results might be surprising.

Btw when talking about humans and genetics its logical and scientific to only stay within the human race.

By comparing and contrasting with canine or equine species it has no scientific basis..
Also all canines...

mongrols of Afghan hound..all descended from Wolves and a dog of any species is still a grateful creature that would put any human to shame.

Last but not least..Many great personalities of the past were mixed varna..eg Parashurama and Veda Vyasa.

Last edited:
Iyer val

You are looking at the negative side alone.

Hydrogen mixed with oxygen can get you hydrogen peroxide, a very useful fluid for ear cleaning of brahmins who refuse to hear.

Mules -a cross between horse and donkey is to be pitied. They cannot reproduce like our transgenders.But mules inherit both characteristics of horse and donkey.

They get misused.

Ladies have a special liking for mule shoes. -usually backless and closed front.also flat or high heels -see multiple options. Marilyn Monroe popularised it.

The name mule itself , specially being

associated with shoes worn by any women leave alone Marilyn Monroe can make even ninety year olds " heart flutter.lol

Visit Bali to find out about pretty bali brahmin women [indian -indonesian mix] and their charms. They are more brahmins than tamil brahmins.

I prefer a mix any day to the ultra orthodox kind of TB

When 2 humans procreate they produce progeny that are not sterile...same rules apply to IC IR marriages.

A Horse and a donkey breeding produces a mule that is sterile becos both are not from the same species.

Conclusion..if one compares humans to non humans ones is never in the realm of logic.

Hydrogen mixed with oxygen can get you hydrogen peroxide, a very useful fluid for ear cleaning of brahmins who refuse to hear.(#342)

Two chemists go into a bar. The first one says "I think I'll have an H2O." The second one says "I think I'll have an H2O too" - and he died.

Explanation: H20 is the molecular formula for water. But H2O2 is the molecular formula for hydrogen peroxide, which will kill you if you drink it.

Respected Iyer Sir,

Thanks for enlightening me! Anyway, I asked only about Brahmins and not about kshathriyAs. :)

Please stop adding 'veteran' before my user name. Anyone who posts more than 1000, is a veteran.

And, you will also soon become one in our forum! :thumb:

BTW, I never said that the NRIs are no more brahmins.

But, many living abroad are unable to get spouses within caste (leave alone the sub-sect) and have I R weddings, merrily!

The main reason is relocation! :sad:

P.S: One KLB (Kerala brahmin, speaking Tamil) parents were elated when their daughter chose a guy from the same caste,

though he was totally bald and flashes from cameras produced tiny lightnings on the stage, during the wedding celebration! :)

When 2 humans procreate they produce progeny that are not sterile...same rules apply to IC IR marriages.

A Horse and a donkey breeding produces a mule that is sterile becos both are not from the same species.

Conclusion..if one compares humans to non humans ones is never in the realm of logic.
Dear Renu, 100% true!

BTW, it is not only that many Ambis fail to get spouses in their right age; it happens in other communities also!

Our friend Kunjuppu Sir presented me a book titled 'KangaNam'. It describes the sufferings of a NB guy, who

frantically tries to find a match for himself but fails even to get one, from lower castes! :Cry:

அன்புமிக்க தப்பித் பிழைத்து ஜீவித்திருக்கும் உயர் திரு க்ரிஷ் நாற்ப்பத்தி-நாலு அவர்களே

தங்கள் பதிலுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி

படிக்காதவர்களும் தாழ்ந்தவர்களும் அந்தணர்களை அய்யர்-வாள் என்பார்கள். அரை-குறை படித்தவர்கள் அய்யா அல்லது சாமி என்பார்கள். கொஞ்சம் கூட படிப்பு உள்ளவர்கள் அய்யர்-அவர்களே என்றும் பெயர்-சொல்லி மாமா என்றும் அழைப்பார்கள்.

அது இருக்கட்டும்.

Yes, I have not only visited Indonesian Bali, but spent some time there. Observed their religion, their rites and rituals, their way of life. Listened to their prayers, musical instruments and songs, watched their unique dances, seen their colourful attire. Spoken their language.

It appears you are wholly mistaken about "pretty bali women". They are NOT "indian-indonesian mix" as you erroneously claim. They are PURE MALAY by race. As are many in the rest of Indonesia, in Malaysia, in the Philippines (some even in Sri Lanka, Cocos and Keeling Islands.).

If you call them "Indian-Indonesians" to their face, they will remove their dainty slippers and knock a hole in your skull, while their men-folk stomp on you and break your bones and what remains of your skull.

Dia bukan orang darah champur-champur atau warga champur-champur. Upacaara-upacaara/adat-adat keluarge dia dan upacaara-upacaara/adat-adat orang thamil-brahmana berbeza.

Silakan sedar diri.

S Narayanaswamy Iyert

அன்புமிக்க தப்பித் பிழைத்து ஜீவித்திருக்கும் உயர் திரு க்ரிஷ் நாற்ப்பத்தி-நாலு அவர்களே

தங்கள் பதிலுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி

படிக்காதவர்களும் தாழ்ந்தவர்களும் அந்தணர்களை அய்யர்-வாள் என்பார்கள். அரை-குறை படித்தவர்கள் அய்யா அல்லது சாமி என்பார்கள். கொஞ்சம் கூட படிப்பு உள்ளவர்கள் அய்யர்-அவர்களே என்றும் பெயர்-சொல்லி மாமா என்றும் அழைப்பார்கள்.

அது இருக்கட்டும்.

Yes, I have not only visited Indonesian Bali, but spent some time there. Observed their religion, their rites and rituals, their way of life. Listened to their prayers, musical instruments and songs, watched their unique dances, seen their colourful attire. Spoken their language.

It appears you are wholly mistaken about "pretty bali women". They are NOT "indian-indonesian mix" as you erroneously claim. They are PURE MALAY by race. As are many in the rest of Indonesia, in Malaysia, in the Philippines (some even in Sri Lanka, Cocos and Keeling Islands.).

If you call them "Indian-Indonesians" to their face, they will remove their dainty slippers and knock a hole in your skull, while their men-folk stomp on you and break your bones and what remains of your skull.

Dia bukan orang darah champur-champur atau warga champur-champur. Upacaara-upacaara/adat-adat keluarge dia dan upacaara-upacaara/adat-adat orang thamil-brahmana berbeza.

Silakan sedar diri.

S Narayanaswamy Iyert

Memang betul Narayana Ji..Orang Bali memang orang Indonesia..orang Indonesia banyak suku kaum masing masing.
Tak ada campur aduk dengan bangsa luar walaupun mereka beragama Hindu.

Memang betul..kalau sesiapa memberitahu mereka berdarah campuran India..itu saja..mampus kat sana juga...akan dibelasah teruk dengan sepatu! LOL

Tetapi hakikatnya mereka juga mengamalkan sistem kasta dan orang Bali Brahmana juga wujud.

Jadi adakah seorang Bali Brahmana juga seorang Brahmana dari Agama dan Sastera?

Translation.

Yes you are right..Balinese are Indonesians..they have various sub communities too
..no external admixture.
If you tell anyone of them they have Indian blood then and there you are dead beaten by chappals.

But the fact is Balinese practice Caste System and there are also Balinese Brahmins.

Is a Balinese Brahmin also a Brahmin per Religion and Shastras?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back