• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Christian Evangelism & Conversion Among Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chintana said:
Dear Silverfox:

I just read some of the postings on this site and have reasons to believe that it may not be authentic. For example the piece on Mohammed was quite skewed. I find it hard to believe that Prophets of any religion are devious. If Mohammed was indeed as bad as this person portrays him to be it is hard to accept that such a person can be the bearer of Divine Revelations.

Also I disagree that Muslim/Islamic culture knows no art. One does not have to go very far to check this. If you take North Indian culture - the Ghazals are part of the Islamic tradition. Kathak is part of Islamic tradition - playing the tabla and the Shenoy, the list is endless.

Muslims were kings in India for a good period of time. They did a lot of violent things but they also expressed that they could show a culture rich in literature, music and dance.

I dont know Urdu but I have heard is spoken. It sounds so rich and lyrical. So I cannot buy the argument that the Muslims know no culture.

Its like saying that Hindus know no culture because there are some sects that take to violence.
Dear Chintana:
I appreciate your points. I checked with my friend and he says that the article was based on historic facts. By the way, I have corrobated this with other sources also about the life of Mohammad. Besides, how do we know for sure that this man actually received divine revelations? I say this with no malice in my heart towards Islam or Mohammad.

I am not sure if that article said that Islamic culture knew no art. The Arabs were also great mathematicians and astronomy but I believe they came after Mohammad's period. I spoke Urdu like a native when I used to live in Lucknow and hung out with Muslims there. (I also spoke Italian, Russian and Japanse - a little braggin here!!) Yes, Urdu (or Urduized Hindi) is flowery and extremely cordial and polite. But remember, the Moghul kings who ruled India did not speak Urdu but Farsi (the correct pronunciation is Parsi (Persian) but Arab language doesn't have 'P' and so they mispronounced it as 'F'). Akbar's court language was Persian.
Yes, the Moghuls had some culture but it came from the Iranian (ethnically related to us) side and not from the Arab side. Of course, I have a disclaimer: I am telling you these based on my recollection. In order to be accurate, I need to go back and do research.

Overall, I have to agree with that article. Based on what I see going on and historically speaking, I believe that religion was and still is violent. The recent bombing in Mumbai is an example. I dont believe other religious fanatics bomb and kill innocent civilians. If you want to know how barbaric the Moghuls were, just ask any Sikh about the history of the Sikh Gurus and how many of them have been simply tortured and killed by these Moghul Kings. Please go to these links:
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/index.html

http://www.bibleprobe.com/mohammed.htm

http://www.derafsh-kaviyani.com/english/mohammad1.html

Last edited:
Chintana, Kaundinya, Sri Anbu, Sri Venkatraman:
I have been wanting to talk about Smt. MS Subbulakshmi. I would like to point out that though MS belonged to a 'devadasi' community, look what she has achieved! Every time I listen to her music/Bhajans, I always admire how beautiful her Sanksrit was and her diction; she pronounced them perfectly. This goes to prove that anybody can become a Brahmin by deeds. Just because we are born Brahmin, doesn't make us 'Brahmins' in the true sense of the word.
Am I right?

Thank you for clearing this up Silverfox. I stand educated.

silverfox said:
Dear Chintana:
I appreciate your points. I checked with my friend and he says that the article was based on historic facts. By the way, I have corrobated this with other sources also about the life of Mohammad. Besides, how do we know for sure that this man actually received divine revelations? I say this with no malice in my heart towards Islam or Mohammad.

I am not sure if that article said that Islamic culture knew no art. The Arabs were also great mathematicians and astronomy but I believe they came after Mohammad's period. I spoke Urdu like a native when I used to live in Lucknow and hung out with Muslims there. (I also spoke Italian, Russian and Japanse - a little braggin here!!) Yes, Urdu (or Urduized Hindi) is flowery and extremely cordial and polite. But remember, the Moghul kings who ruled India did not speak Urdu but Farsi (the correct pronunciation is Parsi (Persian) but Arab language doesn't have 'P' and so they mispronounced it as 'F'). Akbar's court language was Persian.
Yes, the Moghuls had some culture but it came from the Iranian (ethnically related to us) side and not from the Arab side. Of course, I have a disclaimer: I am telling you these based on my recollection. In order to be accurate, I need to go back and do research.

Overall, I have to agree with that article. Based on what I see going on and historically speaking, I believe that religion was and still is violent. The recent bombing in Mumbai is an example. I dont believe other religious fanatics bomb and kill innocent civilians. If you want to know how barbaric the Moghuls were, just ask any Sikh about the history of the Sikh Gurus and how many of them have been simply tortured and killed by these Moghul Kings. Please go to these links:
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/index.html

http://www.bibleprobe.com/mohammed.htm

http://www.derafsh-kaviyani.com/english/mohammad1.html

M.S. Subbalakshmi's parents are Subramanya Iyer and Veena Vidushi Shanmukavadivu, a renowned singer and player of the veena.

Oh! Absolutely. No malice from my part toward MS.

Also I feel that her life is a case where Brahmins have actually included her in their fold.

Although her induction into the community has always been an exception I've always had respect for her as a person who could stand up to the scrutiny of the community and hold her own. Hats off to her.

I wish more people would earn their place in society by merit as displayed by MS rather than ride the silly concessions given by Reservation Policy.

silverfox said:
Chintana, Kaundinya, Sri Anbu, Sri Venkatraman:
I have been wanting to talk about Smt. MS Subbulakshmi. I would like to point out that though MS belonged to a 'devadasi' community, look what she has achieved! Every time I listen to her music/Bhajans, I always admire how beautiful her Sanksrit was and her diction; she pronounced them perfectly. This goes to prove that anybody can become a Brahmin by deeds. Just because we are born Brahmin, doesn't make us 'Brahmins' in the true sense of the word.
Am I right?

Chintana said:
URL not found. Could you copy and paste please?
Dear Chintana:
I am able to click on that link. Copy the URL and paste it. The article is too big to copy and paste here.
Try again. Sometimes, if the server (where this article is) is busy, your server may not wait a bit and comes back saying 'page not found'.!

No luck I'm afraid.

But that's alright. I am sure I will have an opportunity to read many others.

silverfox said:
Dear Chintana:
I am able to click on that link. Copy the URL and paste it. The article is too big to copy and paste here.
Try again. Sometimes, if the server (where this article is) is busy, your server may not wait a bit and comes back saying 'page not found'.!

Dear Rxrajamo,

Thank you for this link. It opened fine and I was able to read it.

Conversion is quite a problem indeed. The way to combat it, atleast in my view is to match the communication efforts of the Christians. Christianity has a way of reaching out to people and this has what has won so many followers, not because it is inherently superior to other religions.

As I mentioned a long time, in one of my very first posts one big part of what we should do is to forumulate a communication strategy.

rxrajamo said:

the present day tamilnadu

that is right. but look at the preset situation in tamilnadu. the chief minister arranges for ayurvedic treatment for terrorist madhani out of tax payers funds just to get muslim votes. he ignores lakhs of people affected by chicken guinea. he erects statue of kannagi from tax payers money just to show that he is the only saviour of tamils. he erects Dr. sivaji's statue- whom once he expelled from dmk for going to tirupati temple- out of ax payers money to get thevar caste vote. he names a scheme after later great kamaraj to appease the congressmen and the nadars. he says he does not believe in vaasthu.vaasthu is a mathemitical science. you either know or dont know about scince. how can you 'believe' or 'not believe' mathemetical science?

Hi Suresh:

How come the people of Tamil Nadu are not objecting to Mr. Karunanidhi misusing public money for his own causes - more so for a terrorist? What is the media doing? Don't they have a watchdog to expose these?

Who is this guy Madhani and why is he a terrorist? Is he in prison? What is Mr. K's reason to provide ayurvedic treatment to this man?
Are your charges based on rumor or proven ones?

Dear Suresh,

All the more reason to formulate a good communication strategy. In fact the points you brought up can be incorporated into a coherent argument and presented. The trouble is not that we dont know what is happening but that we have lacked a way to organize ourselves.

N.SURESH said:
that is right. but look at the preset situation in tamilnadu. the chief minister arranges for ayurvedic treatment for terrorist madhani out of tax payers funds just to get muslim votes. he ignores lakhs of people affected by chicken guinea. he erects statue of kannagi from tax payers money just to show that he is the only saviour of tamils. he erects Dr. sivaji's statue- whom once he expelled from dmk for going to tirupati temple- out of ax payers money to get thevar caste vote. he names a scheme after later great kamaraj to appease the congressmen and the nadars. he says he does not believe in vaasthu.vaasthu is a mathemitical science. you either know or dont know about scince. how can you 'believe' or 'not believe' mathemetical science?

Dear Silverfox,

In my understanding people usually do not raise a protest especially in TN because they are afraid. They don't know what will happen to their lives and children if they say something against the policies of the Govt.

silverfox said:
Hi Suresh:

How come the people of Tamil Nadu are not objecting to Mr. Karunanidhi misusing public money for his own causes - more so for a terrorist? What is the media doing? Don't they have a watchdog to expose these?

Who is this guy Madhani and why is he a terrorist? Is he in prison? What is Mr. K's reason to provide ayurvedic treatment to this man?
Are your charges based on rumor or proven ones?

4 Vs 420

Dear Silverfox,

MADHANI WAS A TERRORIST INVOLVED INTHE COIMBATORE BOMB BLASTS OF 1998 TO KILL Mr. ADVANI. MANY INNOCENTS LOST THEIR LIVES INTHAT BLAST. MADHANI HAS BEEN REFUSED BAIL MANY TIMES BY SUPREME COURT. THE PREVIOUS ADMK GOVT.ARGUED AGAINST HIS RELEASE.BUT THE PRESENT CM WHO RECNTLY CALLED ARYANS AS SNAKES SURPRISINGLY DOES NOT SEEM TO CONSIDER MADHANI IN THE SAME WAY. RECENTLY THE PRESENT CM PROUDLY SAID IN THE ASSEMBLY THAT HIS GOVT WAS A 4TH RATED(I.E. SUDRAS) GOVT. BUT I THINK THIS NOT 4TH RATED BUT A 420 GOVT BECAUSE IT IS HELPING A TERRORIST.

Kannagi Vs Vikatan

The Present Cm Of T.nadu Whilst Opening Kannagi Statue At Marina Beach Said That The Statue Is A Symbol Of Tamil Pride. This Statue Was Made Only In 1968. Does That Mean That There Was Not Pride For Tamils Before 1968? The Cm Also Abused Ananda Vikatan Magazine For Not Supporting His Views On Kannagi. The Vikatan Group Has Contracts Worth Crores Of Ruppes With The Suntv Of The Cm's Family. Will The Contract Be Cancelled Now As A Punishment For Vikantan's Anti-kannagi Stance Or Is Everything A Drama

Well, let us not forget the fact that the Kerala assembly passed a resolution requesting Madhani's release. All the parties except BJP supported the resolution. The political parties would not think twice to mortgage nation's interest if it would get them a few votes. But, we can look at it positively. What this tells us is that if we can organize ourselves as a pressure group we can very well get what we want from the politicians. All we have to show is solidarity. Unfortunately that is what we are lacking. Look at how many forum members we have and see how few are active in the forums. It is very disappointing. Many members are not coming forward to express their views which is not good. Unless we shed all inhibitions and stand united we will go nowhere. My 2 cents.

N.SURESH said:
another thing its being said that aryns invaded india and chased dravidians away from north to south.as far as everybody knows the aryans were nd are orthodox vegearians. the dravidians were and are die hard non vegetarians. would it have been possible for a few vegetarian to chase so many non vegatarians? its like saying 4 yrd old boy raped a 20 yrd old lady.

Sorry, Suresh, I dont believe the Aryans were vegetarians!! First of all, no one even knows for sure if such a group existed or if it was a figment of the European imagination. If it were true, then history says that these Aryans were horse-riding nomads and there was no proof that they were vegetarians!! Perhaps you were brainwashed into thinking that Aryans are Brahmins!! We all did when we were growing up; now we know better. The irony is that Mr. Karunanidhi and his ilk are completely ignorant of the Indian history; I doubt if they picked up books on anthropology written by eminent scholars.

If you want to read more on this, please browse thru the following: There are quite a few books written by anthropologists.

Demise of Aryan Invasion Theory
By Dr. Dinesh Agarwal
www.cs.man.ac.uk/~pateld/aryan_dir/vias_home/demise.html.
2. Myth of the Aryan Invasion of India
By David Frawley
www.eu.spiritweb.org/Spirit/Veda/myth-of-invasion.html.

Let me quote one paragraph from "THe myth of the Aryan Invasion" by Swami B.V. Giri:
http://www.gosai.com/chaitanya/saranagati/html/vedic-upanisads/aryan-invasion.html

What is an ‘Aryan’?
The Sanskrit word ‘Aryan’ refers to one who is righteous and noble. It is also used in the context of addressing a gentleman (Arya-putra, Aryakanya etc).[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6[/FONT] Nowhere in the Vedic literature is the word used to denote race or language. This was a concoction by Max Mueller who, in 1853, introduced the word ‘Arya’ into the English language as referring a particular race and language. He did this in order to give credibility to his Aryan race theory (see Part 2). However in 1888, when challenged by other eminent scholars and historians, Mueller could see that his reputation was in jeopardy and made the following statement, thus refuting his own theory -
"I have declared again and again that if I say Aryas, I mean neither blood nor bones, nor hair, nor skull; I mean simply those who speak an Aryan language...to me an ethnologist who speaks of Aryan race, Aryan blood, Aryan eyes and hair, is as great a sinner as a linguist who speaks of a dolichocephalic dictionary or a brachycephalic grammar."
(Max Mueller, Biographies of Words and the Home of the Aryas, 1888, pg 120)
But the dye had already been cast! Political and Nationalist groups in Germany and France exploited this racial phenomenon to propagate the supremacy of an assumed Aryan race of white people. Later, Adolf Hitler used this ideology to the extreme for his political hegemony and his barbaric crusade to terrorize Jews, Slavs and other racial minorities, culminating in the holocaust of millions of innocent people.

You are perfectly right Siverfox! Aryan Dravidian divide suits Karunanidhi and he is still milking on it. Perhaps he very well knows that it is a big BS but would keep lying to the people for ever.

Well put Silverfox. The politicians who spread hate do not base their rantings on hard facts; but on imaginary divisions of people and preaching US vs THEM.

silverfox said:
Sorry, Suresh, I dont believe the Aryans were vegetarians!! First of all, no one even knows for sure if such a group existed or if it was a figment of the European imagination. If it were true, then history says that these Aryans were horse-riding nomads and there was no proof that they were vegetarians!! Perhaps you were brainwashed into thinking that Aryans are Brahmins!! We all did when we were growing up; now we know better. The irony is that Mr. Karunanidhi and his ilk are completely ignorant of the Indian history; I doubt if they picked up books on anthropology written by eminent scholars.

If you want to read more on this, please browse thru the following: There are quite a few books written by anthropologists.

Demise of Aryan Invasion Theory
By Dr. Dinesh Agarwal
www.cs.man.ac.uk/~pateld/aryan_dir/vias_home/demise.html.
2. Myth of the Aryan Invasion of India
By David Frawley
www.eu.spiritweb.org/Spirit/Veda/myth-of-invasion.html.

Let me quote one paragraph from "THe myth of the Aryan Invasion" by Swami B.V. Giri:
http://www.gosai.com/chaitanya/saranagati/html/vedic-upanisads/aryan-invasion.html

What is an ‘Aryan’?
The Sanskrit word ‘Aryan’ refers to one who is righteous and noble. It is also used in the context of addressing a gentleman (Arya-putra, Aryakanya etc).[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6[/FONT] Nowhere in the Vedic literature is the word used to denote race or language. This was a concoction by Max Mueller who, in 1853, introduced the word ‘Arya’ into the English language as referring a particular race and language. He did this in order to give credibility to his Aryan race theory (see Part 2). However in 1888, when challenged by other eminent scholars and historians, Mueller could see that his reputation was in jeopardy and made the following statement, thus refuting his own theory -
"I have declared again and again that if I say Aryas, I mean neither blood nor bones, nor hair, nor skull; I mean simply those who speak an Aryan language...to me an ethnologist who speaks of Aryan race, Aryan blood, Aryan eyes and hair, is as great a sinner as a linguist who speaks of a dolichocephalic dictionary or a brachycephalic grammar."
(Max Mueller, Biographies of Words and the Home of the Aryas, 1888, pg 120)
But the dye had already been cast! Political and Nationalist groups in Germany and France exploited this racial phenomenon to propagate the supremacy of an assumed Aryan race of white people. Later, Adolf Hitler used this ideology to the extreme for his political hegemony and his barbaric crusade to terrorize Jews, Slavs and other racial minorities, culminating in the holocaust of millions of innocent people.

Christianity V/s Churchinity

Folks

This is a wonderful blog on Christianity and Conversion

You can see how aggressive churchianity has extended its vicious tentacles even into one of the most sacred and spiritual sites of the Hindus.

http://conversionagenda.blogspot.com/

Hi Rookiie
A great link to go to and read different articles on the subject. You learn something every day!! Thanks!

hinduism vs rest

hi silverfox and all of you! mahatma gandhi inhis book'my experiments with truth' has clearly said that untouchability came into existence mainly because brahmins discovered that non vegetaranism was a sin. so they considered meat eaters as untouchables. if you eat meat , even if you r a brahmin you r untouchable. gandhiji, unlike nehru does not subscribe to aryan invasion theory . he does not even mention about it.

i find it difficult believe that brahmins eat meat, port etc.-even in u.s. in any case if you consume meat you cannot say you continue to a brahmin.its like saying a vegetarian eats meat?!how can you be a vegetarian if you eat meat? similarly you cannot be a brahmin if you start consuming meat- this is what the hindu scriptures say. you hve mentioned about positive points of egg. not negative points, what about that. even cigaratte smoking is a man's personal choice. if a govt were to sponsor smoking, will it not be funny? the tn govt sponsoring drinking, egg eating is really funny to say the least.the hindu religion, indianconstitution do not consider meat eating, drinking as personal choices alone of individuals. there r many restrictions, discouragements for meat eaters, drinkers in hindu scriptures, indian constitution.

bharat mata ki jai!!

alos hinduism DOES NOT ADVOCATE supremacy of one caste over other. it only advocates supremacy of one ideology(i.e. vegetaranism) over non vegetaranism. since brahmins were pure veggies, they benefited because of this. moreever, more than consumption meat, hinduism condemns the killing and/or slaying and/or injuring live animals for the consumption of meat.

May be if someone interested in knowing about the so called 'Dravida Kazhaham' and their paramparyam. Read the bood 'The other side of EVR'
If anyone living at chennai could reach this place easly i presume.

Available at:
M Venkatesan,
3, V R Pillai Theru,
Hanumanthapuram,
Thiruvallikkeni,
Chennai – 600 005.
Price: Rs. 40.
First edition: Nov 2004.

---------------

Viswamitra’s introduction to ‘The other side of E V Ramasamy Naicker’ written by M Venkatesan. Tamil to English translation by ‘roldgold’.

I had an opportunity to read the book titled, ‘The other side of E V Ramasamy Naicker’, published recently. This book has been published by ‘All
India Forward Bloc’. The author M Venkatesan belongs to Madurai.
‘When you see the title, you will get a feeling that, this must have been written by a Brahmin. That is wrong. I belong to a backward community’ is the opening line. In this book, there are many rare details.

The author lists the reasons for writing this book as:
“First, I was thinking about EV Ramasamy Naicker as:
1. EVR strived for the Tamil language
2. He served the downtrodden
3. He voiced for women’s liberation
4. He never lied; always consistent

With these impressions, I read many books about him. I read all the books of ‘Periyar Self-Respect Propaganda Publications’.
In addition, I also read the exposure of EV Ramasamy Naicker, by his contemporaries, M P Sivagnanam, P Jivanandam, TP Minakshi Sundaram, U Muthuramalingathevar, KAP Viswanatham, Kamarajar, Pavanar, etc.
As a result, I realized that EVR behaved in a manner that is exactly opposite to what the people of Tamil Nadu believe today.
The followers of EVR have shown only one side of him and they have hidden the other side. As a true son of India, I consider it my duty to bring to light what they hid.

After reading this book, even if one blind follower of ‘Dravida kazagam’ accepts that I have written the truth, to come out of the illusion, I would have succeeded in my efforts.”

The above is the introduction for this book.
EV Ramasamy Naicker’s hatred to Tamil language,
Lies in Islam on castes,
EVR’s bogus anti-God policy,
‘Telling’ and ‘Doing’ were always at the opposite,
Twisted history,
Did EVR strive for the downtrodden?
Vaikom agitation – EVR’s lies and Gandhi’s role,
EVR’s ‘Superior male’ mentality,
EVR without patriotism,
Masiammai’s lies and superstitions in later days,
Follower Veeramani’s contradictions and superstitions.
are many captions the author Venkatesan uses to prove his points.

In Appendix, there are additions in the title, ‘These about EVR’, with views expressed on public meetings by Muthuramalingathevar, Linguist TP Minakshisundaram, Kamarajar and Jivanandam,
Let us see some interesting parts from the first chapter titled, ‘EV Ramasamy Naicker’s hatred to Tamil language’.

“EVR lived and behaved like a Tamilian, but his mother tongue was ‘Kannadam’. Yes, the language in his house was only Kannadam. He was very proud to advertise in his speeches and writings that he was a Kannadian – (Dr MP Sivagnanam’s book – Other language people in Tamil Nadu). With this piece of information, the first chapter starts.

WAS EVR A TAMILIAN?
“EV Ramasamy Naicker was a Tamilian. He struggled for the Tamil language’ is a ‘false image’ his bootlickers were creating. They are doing it even today. But, do you know how the the so-called ‘Tamil Leader’, introduced himself? ‘Kannappar is a Telungar. I am a Kannadian. Annadurai is a Tamilian’ (Periyar EVR thoughts – first part) and ‘I belong to the Karnatak Balijawar caste’ (Kudiyarasu 22/8/1926) are the ways in which he introduces himself.”

The man who proudly proclaimed as ‘I am a Kannadian’ is continuously referred to as ‘Tamilian’ and ‘Tamil leader’. He not only said, ‘I am a Kannadian’, but also criticized the ‘Tamil language’ and ‘Tamil poets’ a lot.
This is what EVR says in the book, ‘Tamil language and Tamil people’:
“In today’s Tamil world, some Tamil poets names keep appearing frequently. They are: 1.Tholkappiyan, 2.Thiruvalluvan, 3.Kamban. Of these,
1. Tholkappiyan was an Aryan servant. The traitor gave as grammar all of ‘Arya Dharma’.
2. Thiruvalluvan, without bothering about ‘paguththarivu’, dominated by his own religious feelings supporting ‘Aryan thoughts’ offered something as ‘scriptures’.
3. Kamban, like today’s politicians and patriots, used his Tamil knowledge in favor of anti-Tamil pappans, so proved himself as a money minded Tamil traitor. He is a total liar. Total fraud. He imagined himself to be a ‘pappan’, and offered thoughts even a pappan would hesitate to offer. Thus, this traitor pushed the Tamils down permanently.

All these three supported ‘castes’ and ‘caste based jobs’.

In Kudiyarasu dated 20/1/1929, he wrote further about Thiruvalluvar as:
“We can see many things supporting Gods like Indran, Bramma and Vishnu and Arya religious practices and superstitions such as Reincarnation, Heaven, Hell, Upper world, Souls, Devas, etc.”

These are his views about the great Tamil poets. Were Tholkaapiyar, Kambar and Valluvar traitors? Good description! If, as creators of ‘Tamil grammar’ and ‘Tamil Literature’, they earn the name ‘traitors’, as the one who insulted the language, is EVR not a traitor?

There are many such points with ‘publication support’. The Appendix carrying the speeches of many patriots is a ‘gold-mine’ of rare information. In this, the speech by Pasumpon Muthuramalingathevar, delivered in a public meeting on 1957 Feb 21 at Kancheepuram is something special. Venkatesan has repeated the great speech by Pon Muthuramalingathevar, for whom bhakthi to ‘God’ and ‘Motherland’ were two eyes.

Pasumpon Muthuramalingathevar’s speech:
“There is a group contesting the elections with the call, ‘Tamil love is important; Tamil Nadu must live’. It is essential to have love for Tamil. But, see how these fellows display their love? In their meetings, they keep telling, ‘North Indians, South Indians; North land, South land” and attempt to divide us. They say, the next meeting is at ‘Jinnah Park’. The one after that is at ‘Robinson Park’. They have no problem using these names.
At the same time, if it is going to be in ‘Tilak Ghat’, they get angry to use his name. They say, ‘North Indian ---- Father ground’.

(Sarcastically, Thevar, switches to English):
In what way Jinnah is not a North Indian? How is the names Jinnah and Robinson so sweet to you Sir? How is the name of poor Tilak so bitter to you Sir? I am not able to understand.

This exposes that you came from ‘Justice Party’ whose primary job was bootlicking the Whites. Further, these fellows say that, ‘North Indian, swindles Dravidian land. North Indian name must not be here. If present, we will agitate to change it’. Very happy.

You agitated to change the name ‘Dalmiapuram’. But, you did nothing to change ‘Harvypatti’. Why not? White’s name can be there. That will make you happy. But, you will want the name ‘Dalmiapuram’ to go. Will any fellow with sense agree?

In Harvey mill, Soundara Pandiyan’s family has stocks. He is a founding father of DMK. So, your party won’t get money, if you ask for the name to be changed. So, it will be pointless to hide the truth from the Tamils, by harping about the language. Understand this. This is the secret.

In addition, they keep shouting ‘Dravida nadu’. How dare you ask for this? If you had fought for freedom from the British, by fighting along with the people when the Britishers were keeping us as slaves, we may say, you qualify to ask for this.

How can you demand ‘Dravida nadu’ today when we were fighting for independence, you took money from the British and conducted ‘war propaganda’ in their favor? Like the ‘secret agreement’ that resulted in the formation of Pakistan, you may also be the ‘fifth columnist’ for the Whites. We are not mad to be cheated like that.

‘We want Tamil. No to Hindi’, is what they say. In the 1937 anti-Hindi agitation, I told Rajagopalachariyar’s ministry, not to impose Hindi. This is history. ‘If our party comes to power, we will have the name ‘Tamil State’. We are not against removing the name ‘Residuary Madras State’. But, by misusing the Tamil language name and posing as preserver of Tamil people’s rights, if you are going to bring in ‘agitation to spoil Tamil Culture’ and ‘atheism in the name of creating a rift between, Brahmins and non-Brahmins’, we won’t allow.

How do you protect non-Brahmins, by writing stories like ‘Romapuri Rani’? By writing such stories, how many school boys have you spoiled? In addition to ‘Romapuri Rani’, you have also written ‘Thangaiyin Kadhal’, in which you have written that, ‘a brother falls in love with his sister’.

Next, why can’t the son marry the mother? What else? Is this, Tamil culture?
My request to all of you is not to support these parties which will ruin the lives of school going children thereby take our country in the path of destruction.

*** Speech ended.

This book is a nice documentation of many such frauds perpetrated by the Dravidian parties. All those who rush to learn about the other side of Tamil Nadu politicians, must necessarily read ‘The other side of EVR’.

RV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back