• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are missionaries alone to be blamed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri Sangom,

Perhaps you are trying to make it jocular by bringing in Lord Dattateya. But sir it is not jocular.

Perhaps Praveen wants you to enther this, or perhaps you yourself (being RVR's good friend) want to enter this, to "help" out Shri RVR.
Smt. HH,

I am in a hurry lest this thread also gets locked. So excuse typos.
I made it very clear that RVR's canine analogies are not in tune with the dignity of this forum. My reference to Lord Dattatreya was to add to the point I was making, not to "help out" RVR. So, you need not harbour that doubt.

Basically, I feel that we should not consider our posts here like the olympic gold winning performances. Less egos, less vitriol, less eagerness to "best" the other party would make the posts more readable. Now I think what we see here is pure "akkappor" and reminds me of a volatile version of the old "tinnaip peccu" which was a regular feature in the Ananda Vikatan of olden days.

dear Shree. Nara,

Long time... no see! :(

Our routes don't cross any more!

We keep growing in age, in wisdom, in knowledge, in experience in addition to the girth and the vital statistics :)

Our Nails and Hair appear to be not really alive -as they do not bleed or cause pain when they are cut.

But after a person dies, strangely these two were believed to become alive and keep on growing for quite some time. Scary! Isn't it?

'Growing' is one thing but 'learning to grow' is quite another!

With season's greetings to you, madam Nara ( I don't yet know her good name) and the other family members,

with warm regards,
V.R.

Last edited:
I am reminded of a story about a street dog which my grand mother use to tell me in my younger days. A street dog while going for sleep will decide that it will not touch banana leaves thrown to garbage after eating எச்சில் இலை from now onwards. But the moment somebody throws a banana leave, it will immediately jump to suck the same.

i feel, the stray dog analogy orstreet dog is not a hurting one and it only conveyed the message similar to that a typical Tamil sayings about pregnant women orDrunkard .During labour pain she decided not to have any more children, but then the next night when husband caresses her she surrenders back to him and was ready with another baby on he womb. Its the case with drunkards and their tall promise to their wifes. the famous song of shivaji ganesan starts with ' Naalai Mudhal kudikka matten, satthymadi thangham'.and people donot need to worry about
I am reminded of a story about a street dog which my grand mother use to tell me in my younger days. A street dog while going for sleep will decide that it will not touch banana leaves thrown to garbage after eating எச்சில் இலை from now onwards. But the moment somebody throws a banana leave, it will immediately jump to suck the same.

i feel, the stray dog analogy(street dog) is not a hurting one and it only conveyed the message similar to that a typical Tamil sayings about pregnant women/Drunkard .During labour pain she decided not to have any more children, but then the next night when husband caresses her she surrenders back to him and was ready with another baby on he womb. Its the case with drunkards and their tall promise to their wifes. the famous song of shivaji ganesan starts with ' Naalai Mudal kudikka matten, satthymadi thankam'. Lord Datterya is no way relevant here, cos lord is not projected here as stray dog, and sentiments are hurt. so i dont feel any issue with that, hoping that sh.rvr had not intentionally invoked 'street dog' term to refer some one, and i am sure he is not that kind and age. sadly, most of us here have screwed his Deepavali celebration mood.

my concern about him is his changing stand, in line with the missionary topic and Hippocratic stands. At one post he has condemned DMK Karunanidhi and maran brothers for putting their childrens opting hindi langauage in schools, where as he himself has put his own son in missionary Loyola college, on top of it claims loyola itself as indias No1 is college quoting India today magazine, but bend upon influencing others to put their children in gurukul education and blames the same christian missionaries for spoiling the indian academic system. I cant buy this double standard..

Happy Deepaavali to sh.rvr and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr. Happy Hindu,

Till today I was under the impression that H.H.stood for His Highness
(Her Highness also perhaps).

I don't follow some threads zealously. So when I saw H.H. in some places,
I attributed it to the 'one and only' Mr. Nara!:)

But now the truth has dawned on me!

When we stop growing vertically, we start growing horizontally.
That is perfectly O.K.

What actually amused me were the words 'we will LEARN to grow up.'

Let us all Keep learning, growing and evolving everyday!

Thanks for your good wishes. I hope you too have a wonderful day every day and not just only today!

with Season's greetings and warm regards,
V.R.
Dear VR,

You seem to have a tacky sense of humor.

On musing, me thinks i will not survive until 80, but the moment i turn 70 i will register myself into an old age home. For they say after the age of 60 senility begins to set in, and after 70 a part of the brain dies and we become unreasonable and a burden on our children. I do not know if it is true. But it is probably true that as we grow older we decay and not grow up...

Advancing age may also bring with it a strange sense of insecurity where sometimes folks can tend to see others as 'high' and themselves as pitiable, because as ppl grow older they tend to become physically dependent. So am having second thots, perhaps indeed ppl cannot grow up after a certain age.

Btw, hariharan1972 is also sometimes called HH here. In an other forum i used to like a hindu poster called hauma hamida very much, he too used to be called HH. So HH need not always refer to what we think it is.

Regards.

Last edited:
Smt. HH,

I am in a hurry lest this thread also gets locked. So excuse typos.
I made it very clear that RVR's canine analogies are not in tune with the dignity of this forum. My reference to Lord Dattatreya was to add to the point I was making, not to "help out" RVR. So, you need not harbour that doubt.

Basically, I feel that we should not consider our posts here like the olympic gold winning performances. Less egos, less vitriol, less eagerness to "best" the other party would make the posts more readable. Now I think what we see here is pure "akkappor" and reminds me of a volatile version of the old "tinnaip peccu" which was a regular feature in the Ananda Vikatan of olden days.

Dear Sir,

Rest assured, i had no doubts per se. We have all been doing a lot of thinnai pechu here all this while, perhaps we did not realise it.... Anyways thanks for your advice which i hope applies to folks who get away with name-calling with a respectable pat on their shoulder (the dignity talk notwithstanding).

Regards.

Last edited:
Respectable members,

I went through this thread. Personally I did not enjoy it. If I had no interest in the welfare of this forum, if I had no interest in the well beings of the members, I would have lost interest in this thread (for that matter, most threads in this forum) after reading few posts.

இனிய உளவாக இன்னா கூறல் கனி இருப்ப
காய் கவர்ந்தற்று . Thirukkural

(when there are nicer things to chosse from, saying not so nice things is equal to choosing raw unripened fruits over ripened fruits. (I do not know the exact word for 'kaai').

One does not have to be educated; does not have to be old; does not have to be rich; does not have to have to be somebody in the society to say nice things.

It is only a personal descipline. There are 100s of members in this forum who write only nice things. Either they do get into debates; if they do, they only say nice things, after sometimes, stay out of the debates.

Honestly I wanted to take part in this debate, in support of the missionaries (I studied from a Salesian Catholic school. Those priests paid attention to every individual child. There are somany good things one can write about missionaries). I could not take part, because I was working in the night shift (it feels like fine sand was thrown in my eyes; but still, I have to do it just like others).

Although I grew up in a vada kalai Iyengar home, although my certificate say 'brahmin' as my caste, I never had any descriminations or any problems. I never even applied to any professional courses/government jobs etc. Yes, I applied to TIIC for a loan; the officer in-charge of my application was a staunch DK follower, I walked around with 'Sri churnam' on my fore-head. I stll remember my 'interview' with that gentleman....we did not even bother to keep our voices down, both of us 'believed' whatever we said.. my application was approved in the first sitting! Even the 'seed capital' was approved (under my technical qualifications). (But I was a pauper anyway...I could not actually swing the project...that is a differet story).

I see emotional outburst in this thread for nothing. Outcome is going to be 'Zilch'. Why should educated and learned persons act like this? I think we should start a thread, even a sticky by the title 'Go ahead and abuse'..and write all less than nice things in that thread only and keep all the other threads very polite. That sticky thread may serve the purpose of 'dump' to throw all the rubbish; at least we have a place to throw the rubbish, keeping all the other threads clean. Any not so nice posts/threads may be moved to that thread by the moderators. This rubbish pit may be a forum by itself (who knows, some of the members may even start a thread in the 'rubbish pit'). I request Sri. Praveen to consider the possibility, please.

Cheers!

Last edited:
i feel, the stray dog analogy orstreet dog is not a hurting one and it only conveyed the message similar to that a typical Tamil sayings about pregnant women orDrunkard .During labour pain she decided not to have any more children, but then the next night when husband caresses her she surrenders back to him and was ready with another baby on he womb. Its the case with drunkards and their tall promise to their wifes. the famous song of shivaji ganesan starts with ' Naalai Mudhal kudikka matten, satthymadi thangham'.and people donot need to worry about

i feel, the stray dog analogy(street dog) is not a hurting one and it only conveyed the message similar to that a typical Tamil sayings about pregnant women/Drunkard .During labour pain she decided not to have any more children, but then the next night when husband caresses her she surrenders back to him and was ready with another baby on he womb. Its the case with drunkards and their tall promise to their wifes. the famous song of shivaji ganesan starts with ' Naalai Mudal kudikka matten, satthymadi thankam'.
ShivKC,
If you were a woman you wud know that together with labor pains comes an other feeling -- some call it the maternal instinct. Pain is no detterant to having a baby. Considering the many contraceptive methods, sexual pleasure is not linked pregnancy (or labour pains) either. Your analogy sounds like the 'base mentality' type taken from movies that cater to that sorta crowd. Perhaps you are unmarried or not a father yet.

Lord Datterya is no way relevant here, cos lord is not projected here as stray dog, and sentiments are hurt. so i dont feel any issue with that, hoping that sh.rvr had not intentionally invoked 'street dog' term to refer some one, and i am sure he is not that kind and age.
Age has nothing to do with it. As we age, it is but natural to become rigid in our thinking, which sometimes, can lead us to becoming corrupted and conceited.

sadly, most of us here have screwed his Deepavali celebration mood.
:) i don't think his deepavali celebration depends on anyone else but his own self.

my concern about him is his changing stand, in line with the missionary topic and Hippocratic stands. At one post he has condemned DMK Karunanidhi and maran brothers for putting their childrens opting hindi langauage in schools, where as he himself has put his own son in missionary Loyola college, on top of it claims loyola itself as indias No1 is college quoting India today magazine, but bend upon influencing others to put their children in gurukul education and blames the same christian missionaries for spoiling the indian academic system. I cant buy this double standard..
As regards double standards, i wud like to tell you a story. There was one poster called SAPR who was a dyed in the wool missionary.

There was a pattern to his posts. If anyone said anything nice about christianity and missionaries, he wud side them. If anyone said anything against christianity, he cud not tolerate it. At the same time he had no qualms deriding hinduism. A complete hypocrite he was.

If he cud not counter any point himself, he wud of pit one poster against another. His understanding was everything in black and white, and he cud not comprehend grey matter. So, not only did he have double-standards, but he was the 'shady' sort. I wonder where he is now.

Regards.

Last edited:
ShivKC,
If you were a woman you wud know that together with labor pains comes an other feeling -- some call it the maternal instinct. Pain is no detterant to having a baby. Considering the many contraceptive methods, sexual pleasure is not linked pregnancy (or labour pains) either. Your analogy sounds like the 'base mentality' type taken from movies that cater to that sorta crowd. Perhaps you are unmarried or not a father yet.

I agree with you, I took that ref from movies

Respectable members,

I went through this thread. Personally I did not enjoy it. If I had no interest in the welfare of this forum, if I had no interest in the well beings of the members, I would have lost interest in this thread (for that matter, most threads in this forum) after reading few posts.

இனிய உளவாக இன்னா கூறல் கனி இருப்ப
காய் கவர்ந்தற்று . Thirukkural

(when there are nicer things to chosse from, saying not so nice things is equal to choosing raw unripened fruits over ripened fruits. (I do not know the exact word for 'kaai').

One does not have to be educated; does not have to be old; does not have to be rich; does not have to have to be somebody in the society to say nice things.

It is only a personal descipline. There are 100s of members in this forum who write only nice things. Either they do get into debates; if they do, they only say nice things, after sometimes, stay out of the debates.

Honestly I wanted to take part in this debate, in support of the missionaries (I studied from a Salesian Catholic school. Those priests paid attention to every individual child. There are somany good things one can write about missionaries). I could not take part, because I was working in the night shift (it feels like fine sand was thrown in my eyes; but still, I have to do it just like others).

Although I grew up in a vada kalai Iyengar home, although my certificate say 'brahmin' as my caste, I never had any descriminations or any problems. I never even applied to any professional courses/government jobs etc. Yes, I applied to TIIC for a loan; the officer in-charge of my application was a staunch DK follower, I walked around with 'Sri churnam' on my fore-head. I stll remember my 'interview' with that gentleman....we did not even bother to keep our voices down, both of us 'believed' whatever we said.. my application was approved in the first sitting! Even the 'seed capital' was approved (under my technical qualifications). (But I was a pauper anyway...I could not actually swing the project...that is a differet story).

I see emotional outburst in this thread for nothing. Outcome is going to be 'Zilch'. Why should educated and learned persons act like this? I think we should start a thread, even a sticky by the title 'Go ahead and abuse'..and write all less than nice things in that thread only and keep all the other threads very polite. That sticky thread may serve the purpose of 'dump' to throw all the rubbish; at least we have a place to throw the rubbish, keeping all the other threads clean. Any not so nice posts/threads may be moved to that thread by the moderators. This rubbish pit may be a forum by itself (who knows, some of the members may even start a thread in the 'rubbish pit'). I request Sri. Praveen to consider the possibility, please.

Cheers!
Dear Shri Raghy,

Kudos for your sense of humour and balanced expression. I am rather curious to see the "waste bin" suggested by you in actual working! Who knows, more posts may get into that after some time, than in the other 'non-waste' threads!!

Coming to the Missionary part of the opinion among the expressing members (as distinct from the silent majority) of this forum, I feel it is a new wave phenomenon. There is one type of human psychology which obstinately refuses to accept that some things may be wrong or inadequate in oneself; for any and everything going wrong with such a person, he/she will somehow hold some one else to be responsible. These people will not blame their own fate unless under severe compulsion of circumstances, and even then grudgingly. Such a behaviour comes, IMO, mostly because these people cannot even agree to admitting their bad fate, which means something wrong in their past/past birth (s).

The "Blame the Missionary" (BTM) syndrome is very similar. Many things are wrong and/or unsatisfactory in India even after more than 6 decades of independence, democratic rule by Indian leaders and all the rhetoric of "Mera Bharat mahan", "India is super power", "India will overtake China" and all that. Can we blame ourselves, our inefficiency, our infinite greed, corruption, caste-based politics, etc? Obviously, a big NO! Our national pride prohibits it; India was once the "kohinoor" of the entire populated world, very rich, very advanced in sciences and metaphysics, very egalitarian (the various caste groups lived like different nations live today - each within its own physical and cultural borders, proud of its nationality (caste), and in relative harmony and mutual trade and service contacts). How did such an imagined great country decline so much when asked to rule itself? Obviously there has to be a villain, like any Indian language movie. The Britishers are no longer there to take the blame (we blamed them as long as we could) but their missionaries are still here. So, let us put as much blame on their head as possible. I will not be surprised if more and more blame is put on these missionaries as time goes on, without making any serious attempt to analyse why they are even now able to convert many people in India to Christianity without any coercion.

Just my thoughts, please. And as the initiator of this thread I shall take leave from this.

Respectable members,

Wish you all a happy Deepavali.

As Tamil Brahmins, we all know and performed சுமங்கலி பிரார்த்தனை and or மங்கலி பூண்டு before any mangala functions of importance. I need not talk about the importance of such functions.

If this forum is a family, every lady member in this forum is one of the ஆத்துப் பெண்கள். Personally I consider every single lady member as such. I am requesting all the members to consider lady members so that, they feel this forum as பொறந்தகம் or பிறந்த வீடு.

What if our sister has her mouth from 'ear to ear'? Still it is good. Kindly let them talk. We have nothing to loose.

I know, this is an emotional message. But, that's the way I was brought up. Ladie's happiness comes first. I request the same from this forum, please. Thanks.

Cheers!

Dear Mr. Happy Hindu, (reply to # 81)

I will not call you H.H, as it has been proved to be very ambiguous, by you :)

"Use it or lose it " is applicable to all out body functions- especially to that of the brain. It is better to get 'worn out" than to "rust and rot".

If i may take up some of the precious time of the Forum members, please go though the following post.

with warm regards,
V.R.

P.S. "Is having a 'tacky sense of humor' a compliment?"

“Use it or Lose it”

Contrary to the popular belief, the human brain does not lose its power merely through aging. Constant mental activities help to keep the brain young and active.

This is the theory put forward by Professor Marian Diamond, after years of research on the development of human brain. She bases her findings on the experiments done with rats.

Young rats were placed in stimulating environment instead of the usual empty cages. They were exposed to the company of the other rats and to toys and play things like wheels and ladder–which would make the rats use their brains.

This kind of stimulation changed the chemistry and structure of the cortex—the thin outer layer of nerve cells of the brain. Every part of each cell enlarged and the number of support cells attached to them also increased. As a result, the brains of the rats became more active and ready to meet the challenges set for them by the researchers.

The same experiment was repeated with older rats aged 766 days (equivalent to 76 years in human life span). The older rats also showed thickening of the cortex.

What is the implication of this experiment on human beings?

Professor Diamond interviewed several octogenarians who had kept their brains active. She put her findings in a nutshell by saying, “I found that the people who use their brains don’t lose them. It was that simple!”

Visalakshi Ramani

Reply to # 87.

Dear Mr. Raghy,

I admire the soft corner you have for ladies. It shows in all your posts. I thank you on behalf of all the ladies in the Forum and in the world.

I wish the world had more men like you. If it did, half the problems faced by women will become extinct!

I am sure you won't mind a small correction ( it might even be a spelling mistake) !

மங்கலிப் பொண்டு is the right word.
பொண்டுகள் = பெண்கள் and
பொண்டு is the short form of பொண்டுகள்.

I am sure you wife and daughters (if you have any) are really very lucky!
Cheers and regards,
V.R.

Respectable members,

Wish you all a happy Deepavali.

As Tamil Brahmins, we all know and performed சுமங்கலி பிரார்த்தனை and or மங்கலி பூண்டு before any mangala functions of importance. I need not talk about the importance of such functions.

If this forum is a family, every lady member in this forum is one of the ஆத்துப் பெண்கள். Personally I consider every single lady member as such. I am requesting all the members to consider lady members so that, they feel this forum as பொறந்தகம் or பிறந்த வீடு.

What if our sister has her mouth from 'ear to ear'? Still it is good. Kindly let them talk. We have nothing to loose.

I know, this is an emotional message. But, that's the way I was brought up. Ladie's happiness comes first. I request the same from this forum, please. Thanks.

Cheers!

Sri Raghy and Sri Sangom,

Am not sure if you both had some discussion between yourselves and decided to post your messages.

Trust, unfortunately, is like glass. Once broken, it is never regained.

I have become quite aware of the levels to which tambrams can stoop.

I have learnt one thing in this forum though. Its the tactics that have gotten obvious over time -- the idea is, if you cannot counter a person's arguments with proper basis, then attack the person himself, demoralise him and put him down.

After all, 'demonising' the other side, labelling, calling names, characterising (directly or indirectly), portraying things in a selective manner, is not new to them. Its all there in the shastras.

The history of the class of people who call themselves 'brahmins' is strange indeed.

What Paul did to Mitraism, what jesuit priests did to native faiths across other lands, our own very 'brahmins' have done the same.

If 'brahmins' did not like a charvaka, they branded him a rakshasa.

If 'brahmins' did not like lokayatas, they just burned their texts, obfuscated, interpolated, usurped their ontologies, and even started calling lokayata a form of advaita.

If 'brahmins' did not like jainism, they deplored it in the meanest terms, labeled the religion evil, and called jainas names.

Persecuting every form of faith is what they have done throughout history, across every kingdom. And all this, despite the fact that their links with vedic period are obscure.

But now when it comes to missionaries, the 'brahmins' are confounded. Its a bigger enemy. More organised, with more money power who have studied their 'hindu' enemies very well, thru various venues in sanskrit education at all levels.

The 'brahmins' now find the game turned up on them. They want their mass following, and everything else; but they will not change.

Those who suggest changes are labelled, characterized, called names..

Thanks for the invitation to 'talk' Raghy. But talking is what you people do. Characterising, interpolating, obfuscating, twisting things around, word-smitery of every form is your business.

As for me, it may be possible to continue to post (if am not banned). However, i will keep visiting this forum to read up. Over time, i may decide to give shape to some plans.

If there are any telugu or kannada folks (brahmins included) reading this, i wud like to tell them just one thing -- please always remember this is kali yuga. So please think twice where you put your devotion and make your association, or they may bring you heartache.

Am not really surprised anymore why tambrams are in general considered the sort they are (minus the exceptions ofcourse).

Regards.

Sri Raghy and Sri Sangom,

Am not sure if you both had some discussion between yourselves and decided to post your messages.

Trust, unfortunately, is like glass. Once broken, it is never regained.
Smt Happy Hindu,

Raghy and myself have had no consultation at all; you can believe that on my honour. It was a coincidence, if at all you find some concerted action. (But I cannot detect anything, frankly.)

I have become quite aware of the levels to which tambrams can stoop.

I have learnt one thing in this forum though. Its the tactics that have gotten obvious over time -- the idea is, if you cannot counter a person's arguments with proper basis, then attack the person himself, demoralise him and put him down.

After all, 'demonising' the other side, labelling, calling names, characterising (directly or indirectly), portraying things in a selective manner, is not new to them. Its all there in the shastras.

The history of the class of people who call themselves 'brahmins' is strange indeed.

What Paul did to Mitraism, what jesuit priests did to native faiths across other lands, our own very 'brahmins' have done the same.

If 'brahmins' did not like a charvaka, they branded him a rakshasa.

If 'brahmins' did not like lokayatas, they just burned their texts, obfuscated, interpolated, usurped their ontologies, and even started calling lokayata a form of advaita.

If 'brahmins' did not like jainism, they deplored it in the meanest terms, labeled the religion evil, and called jainas names.

Persecuting every form of faith is what they have done throughout history, across every kingdom. And all this, despite the fact that their links with vedic period are obscure.

But now when it comes to missionaries, the 'brahmins' are confounded. Its a bigger enemy. More organised, with more money power who have studied their 'hindu' enemies very well, thru various venues in sanskrit education at all levels.

The 'brahmins' now find the game turned up on them. They want their mass following, and everything else; but they will not change.
No comments. But I have basically nothing to disagree, particularly the historical aspects.

Those who suggest changes are labelled, characterized, called names..
If this remark is not a general one, but confined to this thread or the previous - original - one, I think hardly any change was suggested by any one. All that went on was blaming the missionaries and their education system. If I am wrong, please feel free to point out.

Thanks for the invitation to 'talk' Raghy. But talking is what you people do. Characterising, interpolating, obfuscating, twisting things around, word-smitery of every form is your business.
I feel it was unfair to include Shri Raghy also in the said group. Also, I do not know whether your use of the term "word-smitery" is a new coinage, to indicate smite by words, or wordsmithery?

As for me, it may be possible to continue to post (if am not banned). However, i will keep visiting this forum to read up. Over time, i may decide to give shape to some plans.
My impression about your participation in this forum has already been made clear - at least I think so - in my post to Shri Shiv #36 above.

Perhaps because writing is an imperfect medium of expression, you got a feeling that I brought in the Dattatreya reference to "lighten" the situation in favour of RVR. Not so. In the company I have moved all along, in real life, the first sentence about downgrading the status of the forum itself would have made the person concerned to realize his/her mistake. The next "barb" of Dattatreya with his constant company of four dogs (somebody doubted that Datta was not picturised as dog?) would have really shamed that person no end. I thought that much only. May be that is the sensitivity levels. If you still feel people have not seen the dishonour done to you and protested, but sided with your detractor, well I can only say it is unfortunate.

Anyway Shri Praveen has now spoken his mind and that should remove any misunderstanding.

If there are any telugu or kannada folks (brahmins included) reading this, i wud like to tell them just one thing -- please always remember this is kali yuga. So please think twice where you put your devotion and make your association, or they may bring you heartache.

Am not really surprised anymore why tambrams are in general considered the sort they are (minus the exceptions ofcourse).

Regards.
This is rather the "unkindest cut of all". Just as you say you have now understood tambrams and their behaviour well, do these remarks reveal something else, of the same category?

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu,

Greetings. Thanks for your reply. I know, I have not come up to the levels of other's expectations. But, I am not too concerned about that. I know I always try; may not succeed most of the times. I am only a human being. I may have hurt you some where without my knowledge. My message in post #87 is not only talking about you, but all the ladies in the forum. Thanks for your quite a detailed response. As I mentioned many times over, I am not a learned person; I may not have used proper words in my message; you may have got offended by the word 'talk'. I don't know.

I take this instance to wish you & your family a very happy Deepavali.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Happy,
These are the tactics used by you and your team (I realised team concept by reading a recent posting from one of your team members).

I have seen the tactics you (your team) used against 'Shri Senthil' and against me. You guys excel in name-calling and characterization and when challenged you 'run away' or talk about locking the thread etc.....
Reading your recent posting, it looks like 'The boot is on the wrong foot'.

"if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."
(for more info)

BTW, Happy Deepavali!!

We can continue this debate later

God Willing,

Happy,
These are the tactics used by you and your team (I realised team concept by reading a recent posting from one of your team members).

I have seen the tactics you (your team) used against 'Shri Senthil' and against me. You guys excel in name-calling and characterization and when challenged you 'run away' or talk about locking the thread etc.....
Reading your recent posting, it looks like 'The boot is on the wrong foot'.

"if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."
(for more info)

BTW, Happy Deepavali!!

We can continue this debate later

God Willing,

sures,

as part of the team that you refer, i beg to differ. what else do you expect?

look at the recent trend. the ic marriages rolled merrily for so many months.. and then suddenly it flared up because some members felt insulted even to talk about it.

the vile words came from them. at no time, we retaliate with anything but arguements and maybe some rhetoric.

to some people, certain topics should not be discussed. it used to be in my home, because those things should never happen as becoming of our culture. unfortunately, we cannot live in an isolated world. even if we coccoon ourselves, the rest of the world will not leave us alone.

unless we face the world with straight face, and honesty we will shrink .. not only in numbers but in stature as well (which we probably have achieved i guess).

i am an immigrant in canada, and in one generation, my children are proud to be canadians, not indians. this is what this country has done for us. we live in peace and harmony with our environment

now i ask you, how many tambrams live in tamil nadu with that feeling? do you ever wonder why we are so disliked? no my friend, it is not all jealousy or envy. there are deeper reasons than that.

in another forum, long ago, there was a thread, started by an brahmin... something to the effect that brahmins should introspect and apologize to the dalits, if not anyone else. just for the fact, that we were on top of the caste hierarchy and had a moral responsibility. this guy was very learned and could stand one on one against the diatribes. i don't know if i have the stomach for such.

also, in this forum, do you think it will fly anywhere in our community? all we do is whine and complain about reservations. we conveniently forget, that many communities benefitting now, lived for milleniums without dignity thanks to the caste system.

i would like you to stick to facts. senthil is another one, who believes that everything was hunky dory before the british. he would not explore the islamic rule. why not? they left the hindus to the great glory? why not go further back to cholas and guptas as the golden age?

we cannot look back to find succour today. today's realities define tomorrow. this may be good time to introspect, after all.

thank you.

Last edited:
I found this well-written article by an Indian Christian on proselytization in India:

Proselytization In India: An Indian Christians Perspective : C. Alex Alexander blogs on sulekha, Miscellany blogs, C. Alex Alexander blog from india

Please see particularly the following:

"A page from the recent history of East Timor may be appropriate for Indians to review in order to understand the negative potential of offshore proselytization! The indigenous tribes in that island were first converted to Christianity by Dutch and Portuguese missionaries. Then they were helped by the western nations to secede from Indonesia. India may run similar risks if it continues to allow foreign missionaries to have unfettered access to its tribal populations."

call a dog mad and kill it. cheerlarders of brahmin persecution are again started harping the same tune.
If they dont find anything they just join hands with nbs and say hay, if all world hates you then fault is in yourself. same logic can be applied to the oversmart members here noone likes them.
afterall bashing weaker section of society is most practical thing to do. beat brahmin and mute them. it is simple because noone is coming to pelt stones on their roofs for brahmin bashing.
this cheerleader of brahmin persecution is making deepavali tasteless.
those who fled this country and are living on alms of the white aryans 'happily' shouldnt theach us lessons of living life.
those whose own noses are cut, advocate to others to cut their nose and describe how it is a great pleasure to be a noseless and spineless person.
Three percent brahmin didnt have done anything wrong if someone is so shameful of being a brahmin then immidiatley should leave this forum running on brahmin money.
persons beating another being in termoil are just pervert. they should either go to sanitorium or chant name of god for salvation.

Last edited:
where are you both
(the two brave young men of the forum)
Mr. Senthil and Mr. Hoover?

I thought you were invincible!
Have you given up so easily?

i CAN SEE HOOVER HAS APPEARED bUT WHERE is SENTHIL?

Last edited:
இந்திய நண்டு!

ஒரு கண்காட்சியில் கண்டேன்,
ஒரு அறை நிறைய நண்டுகள்;

கண்ணாடிக் குடுவையில் இட்டு,
காற்றுப் புகாமல் மூடி இருந்தன
ர்.

ஒரே ஒரு குடுவை மட்டும் ஓர்
ஓரத்தில் மூடாமல் இருந்தது.

நண்டுகள் குடுவையில் ஏறின;
மீண்டும் உள்ளேயே விழுந்தன.

"திறந்த குடுவையிலிருப்பவை
புறத்தே தப்பிச் செல்லாவா?"

சிரித்தபடியே ஒருவர் என்னிடம்
கூறினார்,"அவை இந்திய நண்டுகள்!

ஒன்று மேலே ஏறினால் போதும்;
ஒற்றுமையாய் கீழே இழுக்கப்படும்!

நண்டு ஒன்று தப்பிச் செல்ல அதன்
நண்பர்கள் விட்டு விடுவார்களா?"

இந்திய நண்டுகளில் எல்லாம்
முந்தி நிற்குது
ம் தமிழ் நண்டு!

I am closing this thread again as it seems to edge towards personal attacks and name calling.

To put it simply, if you cannot post/behave in a civil and friendly way, please do not post and do not participate.

it is ok to have just a single topic of discussion than have many with unruly behaviour and in an uncivilized manner.

If you have a problem with NBs or with people outside your country, take it elsewhere. This website is not a place to have your silly fights and arguments.

As stated time and again, this is an open website and anyone is welcome to join - Bs and NBs. There are NBs who sympathise with B's cause and vice versa, but if you dont like it, you dont have to login and participate.

I would rather have few civilized members than a bunch of unruly hypocrites indulging in name calling and stooping to extreme low levels.....

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back