• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A poem a day to keep all agonies away!

bhagavathy bhaagavatam - skanda 10

10#1b. ஸ்வாயம்பு மனு (2)

“எல்லா மன்வந்தரங்களிலும் மங்கலமானவளே!
எல்லோரும் வணங்கும் சித்ரூப ஸ்வரூபிணியே!

பக்தியுடன் உன் வாக்பவ மந்திரத்தை ஜபித்தால்,
சித்தியாக வேண்டும் அந்த பக்தனின் கோரிக்கை.

அடைய வேண்டும் எளிதாக பக்தியை, முக்தியை;
படிப்போரும், கேட்போரும், சொல்வோரும் இதனை!

விருத்தி அடைய வேண்டும் அவர்கள் குலம்;
விருத்தி அடைய வேண்டும் அவர்கள் ஞானம்;

விருத்தி அடைய வேண்டும் அவர்கள் கர்ம சித்தி;
விருத்தி அடைய வேண்டும் பூர்வ ஜன்ம ஞானம்.

அருள வேண்டும் நீ இவை அனைத்தையும்
அன்புடன் உன் வாக்பவத்தை ஜபிப்பவருக்கு!”

“அருளினேன் நீ கோரிய வரங்களை எல்லாம்!
மகிழ்ந்தேன் நீ செய்த வாக்பவ ஜெபத்தினால்!

தருகிறேன் உனக்குப் பகைவர் இல்லாத அரசு;
தருகின்றேன் உனக்கு சத்புத்திர, பௌத்திரர்கள்.

தருகின்றேன் உனக்குக் நிலையானதொரு பக்தி;
தருகின்றேன் உனக்கு மீண்டும் பிறவாத முக்தி!”

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும் ! விசாலம். K . ராமன்

10#1b. SWAyambuva Manu (2)

” It is only by your gracious glance that BrahmA is able to create, VishNu is able to preserve and Rudra is able to destroy. If You desire to grant me a boon, then let it be this! Let all the obstacles now being faced by me in procreating and multiplying the human race disappear completely.

Whosoever worships you with this ‘VAgbhava’ Mantra and whosoever hears it with devotion or makes the others listen to it, must be blessed with success. The final liberation called Mukti must become very easy for them to attain.

They must get the power to remember their past lives. They must become eloquent in their speech. They must succeed in obtaining knowledge and in all the deeds they do.

May their race grow with the increase in the number of their children and grand children. Oh! Devi Bhagavati! This is the boon I seek from you.”

Devi blessed him saying,” I am pleased with your chanting of VAgbhava mantra. I shall bless you with many good sons and grand sons. I shall bless you with a kingdom which will have no fear of any enemies. I shall give you undiminished bhakti and also the mukti!”

SEkkizhArin Periya PurANam

#30b. திரு மூலர் நாயனார் (2)

அமர்ந்திருந்தார் மூலன் உருவில் சிவயோகியார்;
அமைதி காத்தார் மனைவியின் கேள்விகளுக்கு.

தொட்டு அழைக்க முற்பட்டாள் மூலனின் மனைவி;
எட்டி விலகினார் சிவயோகியாகிய கணவன் மூலன்.

மனம் வருந்தினாள் இதனால் மூலனின் மனைவி;
"மனம் வருந்தாதே நீ! அரனை வழிபடு!" என்றார்.

திருமடம் சென்று அமர்ந்தார் சிவயோகியார் - அங்கு
திடமாக அமர்ந்து விட்டார் ஆழ்ந்த சிவத் தியானத்தில்.

சுற்றத்தினருடன் அங்கு வந்தாள் மூலனின் மனைவி;
உற்றது பெருவியப்பு மூலனைக் கண்ட அவள் சுற்றம்!

பேரொளி வீசியது மூலன் முகத்திலிருந்து - அந்தப்
பேரொளியின் காரணம் யோகி செய்திருந்த தவம்.

மூலன் முனிவன் ஆகிவிட்டான் என்று உணர்ந்தனர்;
"முயற்சி வீணே இந்த முனிவனுடன் இனி வாழ்வது!"

முனிவர் தேடினார் தான் விட்டு வெளியேறிய உடலை;
முனிவரின் திருமேனி மாயம் ஆகி மறைந்து இருந்தது!

"சிவாகமத்தைத் தரவேண்டும் முனிவர் தமிழில்!" என்று
சிவனே மறைத்து விட்டான் முனிவரின் திருமேனியை

ஈசனின் கட்டளையை நிறைவேற்றினார் திருமூலர்;
ஈசனுடன் சிவயோகத்தில் ஒன்றிவிட்டார் திருமூலர்.

சரியை, கிரியை, யோகம், ஞானம் எனப்படும்
நெறிகள் நான்கையும் அவர் வகைப்படுத்தினார்.

வகுத்தும், தொகுத்தும், விரித்தும், விவரித்தும்
திருமந்திரத்தை அமைத்தார் சிவயோகி திருமூலர்.

ஆண்டுக்கு ஒரு பாடல் என வழங்கினார் திருமூலர்.
ஆண்டுகள் மூவாயிரம் வாழ்ந்திருந்தார் திருமூலர்.

சிவயோக நுணுக்கங்களைக் கொண்டுள்ளது இந்நூல்;
சிவயோகியார் தந்த தந்திரங்களே இதன் மந்திரங்கள்.

திருமந்திரம் ஆகும் சிவ ஆகமங்களின் தமிழ் சாரம்;
திருமந்திரம் கொண்டுள்ளது ஒன்பது தந்திரங்களை.

பத்தாம் திருமுறையாக விளங்குவது இத் திருமந்திரம்;
புத்தம் புதுக் காலையில் ஓதுபவர் அடைவர் பசுபதியை.

"தம்பிரான் திருமூலன் அடியார்க்கும் அடியேன்"

(
திருத் தொண்டைத் தொகை)

வாழ்க வளமுடன், விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

#30b. Thiru Moolar nAyanAr (2)

Moolan's wife spotted him sitting by himself. She asked him many questions but Moolan (who was in fact the Sivayogi Sundhara nathar in Moolans' body) did not reply.

She tried to touch him to get a response but he kept away form her and said, " Do not feel sad. Go home and worship Lord Siva"

Moolan's wife could not make head or tail of these words and went back home. Moolan went to the mutt constructed for the devotees of Siva and sat there in Siva yogam.

The next day Moolan's wife came again with her relatives and well wishers to where Moolan was siting. Her well wishers were surprised by the aura and glow they saw in Moolan's face. He shone like real rushi - which in fact he really was.

They told Moolan's wife, "Your husband has suddenly become a venerable rushi. Your hopes of living with him as his wife now seem far fetched and impossible!"

Now the Sivayogi Moolan looked for his own body but it had gone missing. Siva had made it disappear since He wished that all the Siva Agamas must be rendered in Tamil by Sundhara nAthar.

Sivayogi Moolan decided to go with the plan laid out for him by his Lord Siva. He became one with Siva by his yoga shakthi. He presented the Siva Agamas in Tamil as Thiru manthiram.

It is classified into nine thanthirams and describes the four paths leading to salvation of the soul, called Sariyai, Kiriyai, Yogam and GnAnam elaborately. Moolan sang one verse every year. He is credited to have lived for 3000 years and has rendered 3000 verses.

Thirumanthiram is the essence of the Siva Agamas presented in Tamil. It has been assigned as the Tenth Thirumurai in Saivaite philosophy. Thiru Moolar is not just one of the 63 NayanmArs. He is also one of the 18 Siddha purushas of all times.

Those who read or recite the verses of Thiru manthiram early in the morning, will surely reach the lotus feet of Pasupathi nAthar.

Thiru Moolar's Thirumanthiram blogs:

1. திருமந்திரம் - முதலாம் தந்திரம்

2. திருமந்திரம் - இரண்டாம் தந்திரம்

3. திருமந்திரம் - மூன்றாம் தந்திரம்

4. திருமந்திரம் - நான்காம் தந்திரம்

5. திருமந்திரம் - ஐந்தாம் தந்திரம்

6. திருமந்திரம் -ஆறாம் தந்திரம்

7. திருமந்திரம் - ஏழாம் தந்திரம்

8. திருமந்திரம் - எட்டாம் தந்திரம்

9. திருமந்திரம் - ஒன்பதாம் தந்திரம்

திருமூலரின் திருமந்திரம் சைவத் திருமுறைகளில் பத்தாம் திருமுறை ஆகும். தமிழில் முதல் முதலில் தோன்றிய யோக நூல் இது என்பது இதன் தனிச் சிறப்பு. முதல் சித்தர் திருமூலரே ஆவார். இவர் பதினெட்டு சித்தர்களில் ஒருவர் மட்டுமல்ல. அறுபத்து மூன்று நாயன்மார்களிலும் ஒருவர் ஆவார் திருமூலர். திருவாவடுதுரையில் ஓர் அரச மரத்தின் கீழ் மூவாயிரம் ஆண்டுகள் தவம் செய்தார். ஆண்டுக்கு ஒரு பாடல் என்று மூவாயிரம் பாடல்களை இவர் இயற்றினார் என்பர்.

Visalakshi Ramani

10#2a. விந்திய மலை (1)

மலைகளில் மிகச் சிறந்தது விந்திய மலை;
மக்களால் பூஜிக்கத் தகுந்தது விந்திய மலை.

நிறைந்திருந்தது நெருங்கிய காடுகளால்;
நிறைந்திருந்தது நெருங்கிய புதர்களால்;

நிறைந்திருந்தது பலவித விலங்கினங்களால்;
நிறைந்திருந்தது உலவும் விண்ணவர்களால்;

உல்லாசமாகத் திரிவர் விந்திய மலை மீது
கின்னரர்கள், கிம்புருஷர்கள், அப்சரஸ்கள்.

வந்தார் நாரதர் ஆவலோடு விந்திய மலைக்கு;
வரவேற்று உபசரித்தது நாரதரை விந்தியமலை.

“நன்மை தரும் சூரிய சந்திரர்களின் சஞ்சாரம்;
நன்மை தரும் லோகத்துக்கு நாரதர் சஞ்சாரம்.

வந்த காரியம் என்னவென்று கூறுவீர் நீர்!
விந்தைச் செய்தி என்னவென்று கூறுவீர்!”

“கண்டேன் லோக பாலகர்களின் இல்லங்களை!
கண்டேன் லோகங்களைப் போல அமைந்துள்ளதை”

கூறிய பின் பெருமூச்செறிந்தார் நாரத முனிவர்;
புரியவில்லை விந்தியத்துக்கு பெருமூச்சு ஏனென.

வினவியது, “முனிவரே எதற்காகப் பெருமூச்சு?”
விந்திய மலை வினயத்துடன் நாரத முனிவரிடம்.

10#2a. The Vindhya Muntain

The Vindhya Mountain was highly honored and considered as the chief of all the mountains on the earth. It was covered by a dense forest with many huge trees.

Creeping plants and thick shrubs flowered and bloomed there, adding beauty to the sight of the Vindhya mountain.

Deer, wild boars, buffaloes, monkeys, hares, foxes, tigers and bears roamed in the forest. Devas, GandharvAs, ApsarAs, and Kinnaras come there often to bathe in the cool rivers.

One fine day NArada came to the Vindhya mountain – which received the Deva rushi with due honors and spoke to him thus: “O Deva rushi! Please say whence you are coming. My house has been sanctified today by your arrival. Your wandering is as beneficial to the world as that of the Sun and moon. Kindly state your intention in coming here.”

NArada said, “Oh Vindhya! I am coming here from Sumeru Mountain. There I saw the abodes of Indra, Agni, Yama, and Varuna. There I saw the houses of the DikpAlas which are filled with all kinds of objects of luxury and pleasure.”

NArada sighed heavily. Vindhya, the king of mountains, seeing the Muni heaving a long sigh, asked him again with great eagerness, “O Deva Rushi! Kindly tell me why you just heaved such a long sigh.

SEkizhArin Periya PurANam

#31a . தண்டி அடிகள் நாயனார் (1)

திருவாரூரில் வாழ்ந்தார் இந்தத் திருவருட் செல்வர்;
பிறவியிலேயே பார்வை இழந்தவர் தண்டி அடிகள்.

சமணரும் சைவரும் ஓயாது போராடிய காலம் அது;
சமணர்கள் இழைத்தனர் பல தீமைகள் சைவருக்கு.

மடங்கள் கட்டினர் கமலாலயக் குளத்தின் அருகில்;
மதப் பிரச்சாரம் செய்து வந்தனர் சமணக் குரவர்.

கண்ணற்ற அடியார் அஞ்சினார் இதை எண்ணி,
"மண்மூடிக் குளம் மறைந்து போகுமோ ஒருநாள்?"

விரும்பினார் திருக்குளத்தைச் சீர் அமைத்திட;
கருத்துடன் அமைத்தார் முளைக் கம்புகள் பல.

கட்டினார் கயிற்றை முளைக் கம்புகளில் உறுதியாக.
காட்டின அவை அவருக்கு நடக்கும் வழியைச் சரியாக.

வெட்டி எடுத்த மண்ணைச் சுமந்து செல்வார் கூடையில்;
கொட்டுவார் அவற்றைக் கயிற்றின் உதவியுடன் சென்று.

"தோண்டுகின்றீர் குளத்தை மிகவும் ஆழமாக - அதனால்
மாண்டு விடும் பல உயிரினங்கள்!" என்றனர் சமணர்கள்.

"கல்லினுள் தேரைக்கும், கருவினுள் சிசுவுக்கும்,
நல்லதே செய்வான் ஈசன்; அல்லது செய்யான் " என

"கண்கள் மட்டும் இல்லை என்று நினைத்தோம் ஆனால்
உண்மையை உணரச் செவிகளும் இல்லை போலும்!" என

திரிபுரம் எரித்த விரிசடையோனின் அன்பர் தண்டி அடிகள்
குரவர்களிடம் துணிந்து கேட்டார் ஒரு சவாலான கேள்வியை.

"குருடன் எனக்குக் கண் கிடைத்து உமக்கு இரு கண்களும்
குருடானால் என்ன செய்வீர்கள் நீங்கள் சொல்லுங்கள்" என

"ஓடி விடுவோம் இந்த ஊரையே விட்டு விட்டு" என்றனர்;
நாடி வந்து பிடுங்கினர் முளைகளை, கயிற்றை, கூடையை.

மனம் நொந்த தண்டி அடிகள் மனம் உருகி வேண்டினார்
தினம் தினம் தொழும் ஈசனிடம் தனக்கு வந்து உதவும்படி .

#31a. ThaNdi adigaL nAyanAr (1)

ThaNdi AdigaL was a staunch devotee of Siva. He was born blind and he lived in ThiruvAroor. It was the time when Saivism was threatened by Jainism. There was constant friction between the people following these two religions. Jain gurus troubled the Saivaites in many different ways.

The Jain gurus constructed their mutts near the temple pond KamalAlayam and started spreading their gospel from there. The blind ThaNdi AdigaL got worried that if left unchecked, the whole pond might be ruined by the Jain in due course of time. So he wished to preserve the pond by making it deeper and bigger.

He fixed many sticks to show him the path and tied them with a rope so that he could walk round guided by them. He would remove the soil with his spade and transfer it to a basket. He would carry that soil and throw it out the pond. He would hold on to the rope fixed to the sticks while walking.

The Jain told him, "You are making the pond deeper and bigger. You are causing the death of so many creatures living there" Bur ThaNdi adigaL would say." The God who feeds the toads living in the crevices of the rocks and the fetus living in a uterus will also take care of every living thing. He won't let any harm befall them!

The Jain would laugh at him and say," We thought that you are just blind but now we find that you also a fool and would never admit the truth." Now ThaNdi adigaL asked them a question, "If I get back my vision and you lose yours what will you do?" The Jain replied,"If ever that happens, we will leave this city and run away to some other place"

Then they went on rampage and took away the sticks, the rope, his basket and his spade. ThaNdi adigaL felt helpless by these and prayed to Siva to help him in doing his chosen task.

10#2b. விந்திய மலை (2)

“மேருவின் அகந்தையை அறிவாயா நீ – நான்
கூறுவேன் உனக்குப் பெருமூச்சின் காரணம்!

பெருமை பெற்றது இமயம் பார்வதியைப் பெற்றதால்;
பெருமை கூடியது சிவனை மருமகனாகப் பெற்றதால்!

திருக் கயிலை உறைவிடமானது சிவபிரானுக்கு;
திருக் கயிலை பெருமை பெற்று விளங்குகிறது.

சிறப்புப் பெற்றுள்ளன நிஷாத மலை, நீலமலை.
சிறப்புப் பெற்றுள்ளது கந்தமாதன பர்வதம் கூட.

சிறப்புப் பெற்றுவிட்டது ஒவ்வொரு மலையும்;
சிறப்பால் கர்வம் அடைந்துவிட்டது மேருமலை.

சுற்றி வருகின்றான் சூரியன் மேருமலையை;
சுற்றி வருகின்றன கிரகங்கள், விண்மீன்கள்.

தனக்கு ஒப்பரும் மிக்காரும் இல்லையென்று
தன்னை உயர்வாக எண்ணுகிறது மேருமலை!

தவம் செய்யும் நான் தாபம் கொள்ளக் கூடாது!
தவம் செய்யும் நான் கோபம் கொள்ளக் கூடாது!

சிந்திக்கக் கூடாது இது போன்ற விஷயங்களை;
சிந்தித்தேன் நீ விந்தைச் செய்தியைக் கேட்டதால்.

செல்கிறேன் என் இருப்பிடம்!”என்று கூறிவிட்டுச்
சென்று விட்டார் நாரத முனிவர் பிரம்ம லோகம்.

10#2b. The Vindhya mountain (2)

“Oh! VindhyA! Here is the cause why I heaved a deep sigh. The HimAlayas Mountain is the father of PArvati Devi and the father-in-law of Lord MahA DevA. Therefore HimAlayAas is the most worshiped mountain among all the mountains on earth.

The KailAsa Mountain has gained respect by becoming the residence of MahA DevA. It is also worshiped as being capable of destroying all the sins of the sinners. Nishadha, Neela, and GandhamAdana mountains are all worshipped at their own places for their own merits.

The Sun, the Soul of the universe, goes round Mount Meru along with the planets and all the stars. So Meru thinks very highly of himself as being the greatest amongst the mountains and proclaims, “I am the supreme among all the mountains! There is none equal to me in all the three worlds.”

I sighed heavily thinking of the pride of Mount Meru. I am an ascetic and I have no need to discuss such things. I have told you all this since you asked. Now let me go back to my own abode.” Saying this NArada went back to Brahmalokam.

#31b. தண்டி அடிகள் நாயனார் (2)

தோன்றினான் ஈசன் தண்டி அடிகளார் கனவில் அன்று;
தேற்றினான் அவரை, "சவாலில் நீரே வெல்வீர்" என்று!

தோன்றினான் சோழமன்னன் கனவிலும் ஈசன் அன்று;
"தேற்றுவாய் சென்று என் அன்பன் தண்டியை!" என்று!

சென்றான் திருக்குளம் நோக்கி மன்னன் காலையில்;
கண்டான் திருப்பணிகள் செய்யும் தண்டி அடிகளாரை.

கூறினார் அடிகளார் நிகழ்வுகளைக் கோர்வையாக;
கூறினான் மன்னன் சமணக் குரவரை அழைத்து வர.

உறுதி அளித்தனர் சமணக் குரவர் சோழமன்னனிடம்;
"ஊரை விட்டே ஓடி விடுவோம் சவாலில் தோற்றால்!"

வேண்டினான் மன்னன் தண்டி அடிகளிடம் - "நீர்
வேண்டுங்கள் ஈசனிடம் கண் ஒளி வேண்டி" என.

சென்னி மேல் கரம் குவித்தார் தண்டி அடிகள் - மன்னன்
சொன்னபடி மூழ்கினார் திருக் குளத்தில் ஈசனை வேண்டி.

கண்ணொளியை அளித்தான் ஈசன் அவருக்கு அப்போதே!
மண்ணுலகம் எல்லாம் கண்டு மகிழ்ந்தார் தண்டி அடிகள்!

கண்ணொளியைத் தண்டி அடிகள் பெற்ற போதே - தங்கள்
கண்ணொளியை இழந்தனர் அங்கிருந்த சமணக் குரவர்.

துரத்தப் பட்டனர் சமணக் குரவர்கள் சோழநாட்டை விட்டே!
புரவலன் செய்தான் உதவி அடிகளாரின் திருப்பணிக்கு !

தண்டி அடிகள் கட்டி முடித்தார் அந்தத் திருக்குளத்தை;
மண்ணில் பெற்றார் மாறாத சிறப்பும், பெருமையும்.

"நாட்டமிகு தண்டிக்கும் அடியேன்"

(திருத் தொண்டத் தொகை )

#31b. ThaNdi adigaL nAyanAr (2)

Lord Siva appeared in the dream of ThaNdi adigaL and said," You will emerge victorious in your challenge." Lord Siva appeared in the dream of the ChOzha King and told him, "My blind devotee ThaNdi adigaL is being harassed by the Jain. You must help him."

The king went to the pond next day morning and saw ThaNdi adigaL struggling to get something useful done. ThaNdi adigaL told the king the incidents that had happened there.

Now the king sent for the Jain gurus. They told the ChOzha King about the challenge and confirmed that if they got defeated they would leave that city.

Now the king requested ThaNdi adigaL to pray to Lord Siva to restore his vision. ThaNdi adigaL prayed to Lord Siva and entered the pond with his hands held over his head, chanting the name of Siva. When he came out again he could see the world clearly. At the same time the Jain gurus lost their vision and became blind.

The Chozha king commanded them to leave his kingdom the way they had promised to do. So all the Jain either left on their own or were driven away. The king helped ThaNdi adigaL in his task. The pond was restored the way Thandi adigal had dreamed of.

ThaNdi adigaL served the cause of Lord Siva as long as he lived and then reached the lotus feet of Siva in due course of time.

10#3a. வழி மறித்தது (1)

சிந்தித்தது விந்தியம் இந்த வினோதம் குறித்து;
சிந்தித்தது விந்தியம் கர்வ பங்கம் செய்வதற்கு.

“மேரு கர்வம் கொண்டுள்ளது ஒரு காரணத்தால்!
மேருவைச் சூரியன் சுற்றி வரும் காரணத்தால்!

தடுப்பேன் இன்று சூரியன் செல்லும் வழியை!
உடைப்பேன் இன்று மேருவின் ஆணவத்தை!

வெல்வேன் மேருவின் கர்வத்தை நான் எளிதாக;
மேல்நோக்கி வளர்வேன் நான் விண்ணளவாக!”

வளர்ந்தது விந்தியம் விண்ணளவாக – சூரியனின்
வழியைத் தடுக்கக் காத்திருந்தது மிக ஆவலோடு.

சூரியன் காட்டுவான் உலகுக்கு மூன்று காலத்தை;
முற்பகல், நண்பகல் மற்றும் பிற்பகல் என்றவாறு.

செய்விப்பான் உலக ஜீவர்களைத் தம் தொழில்களை;
செய்விப்பான் தாமரையை மலர, ஆம்பலைக் குவிய.

தோன்றினான் சூரியன் விடியலில் கிழக்கில்;
சென்றான் தென்திசை நோக்கித் தன் வீதியில்.

தத்தளித்தன கதிரவனின் குதிரைகள் மருண்டு;
தடுமாறின முன் செல்லும் வழியைக் காணாது!

வழியேதும் தென்படவில்லை குதிரைகளுக்கு;
மொழிந்தான் சாரதி அருணன் சூரியதேவனிடம்,

“கொண்டுள்ளது பகைமை விந்தியம் மேருவிடம்!
பூண்டுள்ளது உறுதி நம் வழியை மறைப்பதற்கு!”

10#3a. Sun’s path got obstructed (1)

VindhyA wondered for a long time after NArada had left. “I have to burst the bloated ego of Menu Mountain! He is proud since the Sun and the planets go round him all the time. I shall block the path of the Sun today and thus degrade Meru Mountain!”

VindhyA Mountain grew sky high! It was eagerly waiting to block the Sun’s path when he rose in the east and started on his daily round.

The Sun shows the time to the world as forenoon, noon and afternoon. All the living things work with the movement of the Sun. The lotus flowers bloom and the lilies close with the arrival of the Sun.

The Sun rose in the east as usual. He started moving southwards as usual. The horses pulling the Sun’s chariot grew agitated and restless since they found their way completely blocked.

Arunan the charioteer of Sun told him thus, “VindhyA has become jealous of Mount Meru. He has grown sky-high to block our path and disrupt our daily rounds!”

#32. திரு மூர்க்க நாயனார்

திருவேற்காட்டில் தோன்றினார் இந்த அடியார்
திரு மூர்க்க நாயனார் வேளாளர்கள் குலத்தில்.

அறியார் பலரும் இவர் இயற்பெயரை - எனினும்
அறிவர் பலர் இது அவரது காரணப் பெயர் என.

அமுது அளித்தார் திரு அடியவர்களுக்குத் தினம்;
அமுது உண்ண வரும் கூட்டம் பெருகியது தினம்!

"குந்தித் தின்றால் குன்றும் மாளும்" அல்லவா?
குன்றியது இவர் செல்வம்; பெருகியது வறுமை.

விற்பதற்குப் பொருள் இல்லை என்று ஆனதும்
விற்றார் தன் சூதாடும் திறமையை நாயனார்!

வென்றார் பலரையும் எளிதாகச் சூதாட்டத்தில்;
சென்றது வென்ற செல்வம் அமுது அளிப்பதற்கு!

விட்டுப் பிடிப்பது இவருக்குக் கைவந்த கலை - இவர்
விட்டு விடுவார் முதலில் எதிராளியை வெல்வதற்கு.

மெய்யாட்டம் ஆடினாலும் வென்று விடுவார் இவர்.
பொய்யாட்டம் ஆடினால் தரும் பரிசு கத்திக் குத்து!

வென்று விட்டார் தன் சொந்த ஊரில் அனைவரையும்;
வென்று வந்தார் இவர் பிற ஊர்களில் சூதாடச் சென்று.

"கொன்றால் பாவம் தின்றால் தீரும்! "என்பார்கள்!
கொடிய பாபம் திருத்தொண்டுகளால் அழிந்ததோ?

"நாட்டமிகு மூர்க்கர்க்கும் அடியேன் "

#32. Thiru Moorka nAyanAr

Thiru Moorka nAyanAr was born in a family of farmers in the town ThiruvErkkAdu. Moorkan is not his real name but it was given to him since it described his actions perfectly well.

He had taken up on himself the noble cause of feeding the devotees of Lord Siva. The number of devotees he had to feed was increasing daily. But fortune however big, when being spent regularly, would get exhausted some day or the other.

Soon all his wealth disappeared. He started selling his possessions. When it became clear that he had nothing more to sell, he start cashing in on his ability to win in a game of dice.

He was a sure winner and all the money he won was spent in the noble cause of feeding the devotees of Lord Siva. He would not tolerate dishonesty or treachery in the game. If he noticed any of these, he would attack the player with his knife.

Soon he had defeated all the players in his own town. He would then visit the neighboring towns to play and win money. It is said that "The end justify the means!".

So all the sins he had incurred by playing a game of wager got nullified by his noble deed of feeding the devotees of Lord Siva.

Dear Mr Ganesh,

SEkkizhArin Periya PurANam blog has been launched on 17th July

The first 60+ posts have been made today. More will follow ASAP.

Welcome to visit the newest blog

https://sekkizharinperiyapuranam.wordpress.com/

This blog has been completed just now.

One honest and genuine doubt. :confused:

About 350 persons read this thread everyday on an average.

But not one of them had visited the blog - even to get a glimpse of it.

THIS is one of the many mysteries I fail to understand! :(

My commitment is over and I am happy about it!

Today's traffic in this thread is 425 but I DO NOT want to get disappointed

by looking at the statistics on my new blog on Periya PurANam! :(

If I could get this traffic in my blogs, all my blogs would be the top ranking ones!

10#3b. வழி மறித்தது (2)

“துணிந்தால் ஒருவன் தீய வழியில் செல்வதற்குத்
துணிவான் அவன் தீச்செயல் எதுவும் செய்வதற்கு!

தடுத்து நிறுத்தி விட்டது விந்தியம் நம் வழியை;
தவிக்கின்றன நம் புரவிகள் செய்வது அறியாமல்.

விழுங்கப்பட்டு ராஹுவால் ஒளி மங்கிய போதும்
வழியில் சந்தித்ததில்லை தடையை இதுவரை!”

வருந்தினான் சூரியன் மிகவும் கவலையுடன்;
வருந்தினான் சூரியன் “உதவிட யாருமில்லை!”

கால நிர்ணயம் அவசியம் இவர்கள் இருவருக்கு!
கவலைப் பட்டனர் சூரியனும், சித்திர குப்தனும்!

நின்று போனது தேவர்களின் ஸ்வாஹா உணவு;
நின்று போனது பித்ருக்களின் ஸ்வதா உணவு.

நலிவுற்றனர் தேவர்களும், பிற தெய்வங்களும்.
நலிவுற்றனர் பித்ருக்களும், பிற ஜீவராசிகளும்.

வடதிசை, கீழ் திசை தகித்தது வெப்பத்தால்!
தென்திசை, மேற்கு மூழ்கியது அந்தகாரத்தில்.

வாடி வதங்கின பல ஜீவராசிகள் – அஞ்சி
ஓடி ஒளிந்து கொண்டன பல ஜீவராசிகள்.

சிந்தாகுலம் அடைந்தனர் செய்வதறியாமல்
இந்திரன் முதலான தேவர்கள், விண்ணவர்.

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும் ! விசாலம். K. ராமன்

10#3b. Sun’s path got obstructed (2)

The Sun God replied to AruNan, “If a person decides to tread the path of evil, he would stoop to any low level! VindhyA mountain has blocked our path.

Our horses are struggling and we are unable to move on as per our schedule! I may lose my splendor and light when devoured by RAhu during the eclipses, but my path has never before been blocked in this manner”.

The Sun God felt sad. No one was coming to his help. Measurement of Time is very important for two persons – The Sun God and Chitra Gupta, the assistant of yama Dharman. Both of them got very worried.

The YAgas and Yagnas came to a grinding halt. So the food sent through SwAhA to the Gods and SwadA to the Pitrus also got stopped. They became weak and tired.

All the living things were disturbed by the light and heat of the burning hot sun on one side and the pitch darkness and cold on the other side.

The frightened jeevas took to heels and hid themselves. Devas and Indra got worried not knowing what to do to overcome this crisis!

#33. சோமாசி மாற நாயனார்

அவதரித்தார் திருவம்பர் என்னும் திருத்தலத்தில்

அந்தணர் குலத்தில் திருவருட் செல்வர் மாறனார்.

நிகழ்த்தினார் வேதியர்க்கு உரிய வேள்விகளை ;
நிகழ்த்தியவற்றில் மிகச் சிறந்தது சோம வேள்வி.

தொழுதார் சிவபெருமானைச் சிவத் தலங்களில்;
தொழுதார் சிவபெருமானைத் திருவாரூர் சென்று;

கண்டார் சுந்தரரைப் பரவை நாச்சியாருடன் அங்கு;
தெண்டனிட்டார் சுந்தரருக்கும், பரவையாருக்கும்.

அருள் பெற்றார் அடி பணிந்து சுந்தர மூர்த்தியை.
அருள் பெற்றார் அடி பணிந்து விரிசடையானை.

"அம்பரான் சோமாசி மாறனுக்கும் அடியேன்"

(திருத் தொண்டத் தொகை)

#33.
SOmAsi mAra nAyanAr

SomAsi mAra nAyanAr was born in Thiruvambar in the family of brahmins. He was devoted to performing yAgams and yajnams. The best yAga performed by him was Soma yAgam making him popularly known as SOmAsi MARa nAyanAr.

He would visit all the places auspicious to Siva to get His dharsham. He went to ThiruvAroor to worship Lord Siva. There he met Sundara moorthi nAyanAr and Paravai nAchiyAr.

He paid his obeisance to them and got their blessings. He worshiped the lotus feet of Siva and got His blessing. He merged with Lord Siva, when his time on earth came to an end.

SOmAsi MARa nAyanAr was born in Thiruvambar in the family of brahmins. He was devoted to performing yAgams and yajnams. The best yAga performed by him was Soma yAgam making him popularly known as SOmAsi MARa nAyanAr.

He would visit all the places auspicious to Siva to get His dharsham. He went to ThiruvAroor to worship Lord Siva. There he met Sundara moorthi nAyanAr and Pravai nAchiyAr.

He paid his obeisance to them and got their blessings. He worshiped the lotus feet of Siva and got His blessing. He merged with Lord Siva, when his time on earth came to an end.

10# 4. தேவர்கள் விண்ணப்பம்

கலங்கிய தேவர்கள் சென்றனர் பிரமனிடம்;
கலங்கிய பிரமன் சென்றான் சிவபிரானிடம்.

துதித்தனர் தேவர்கள் பிறைசூடிய பெருமானை;
“கதி எமக்கு ஆவீர் நீரே கணங்களின் நாயகரே!

பரமாத்மா வடிவானவரே! பார்வதி மணாளரே!
தருவீர் அஷ்டமா சித்திகளை அன்பர்களுக்கு!

தயாளா! விடை வாஹனரே! கைலாசவாஸா!”
மாயா விலாசத்துக்கு ஸ்தானம் ஆனவரே! என

“மகிழ்ந்தேன் உரைத்த துதிகளால் – உமது
அகம் மகிழ வேண்டுவது என்ன கூறுங்கள்!”

“விந்தியம் பகைமை பூண்டது மேருவுடன்;
விந்தியம் வளர்ந்து விட்டது விண்ணளவாக!

விந்தியம் மறைக்கின்றது ஆதவன் வீதியை!
விந்தியம் தருகிறது துக்கத்தை உலகுக்கு!

நின்று போனது கால நிர்ணயம் – அத்துடன்
நின்று போயின யாகங்கள், யக்ஞங்களும்.

அஞ்சி வந்து தஞ்சம் புகுந்துள்ளோம் யாம்;
சஞ்சலம் தீர்த்தருள்வீர் கிரிஜா பதியே!”என

“சக்திகளில் ஒருவர் ஆவார் விஷ்ணு பிரான்!
சக்தி பெற்றவர் அவர் விந்தியத்தை அடக்கிட.

நீக்குவார் உங்கள் சஞ்சலத்தை விஷ்ணு;
நீங்கள் அணுகுவீர் விஷ்ணு மூர்த்தியை!”

விரைந்து சென்றனர் வைகுந்த லோகம்
அனைத்து தேவர்களும் பிரமதேவனுடன்.

10#4. The Devas seek help

The confused Devas went to Brahma. He went along with them to Lord Siva. They prayed to Siva with devotion and humility,” You are our savior oh Lord our God! You are the supreme ParamAtma. You are the loving husband of PArvati Devi.

You bestow the AhstamA siddhi on your devotees. You are the center of the MAyAvilAsam. You are merciful! You ride on Nandi Devan – divine the bull! You live on the mount KailAsA!”

Lord Siva was pleased with their prayers and praises. He asked them with affection “What is that you want from me?”

The Devas replied to lord SivA,” Mount VindhyA has become jealous of mount Meru. Vindhya has grown sky high and blocked the path of the Sun.

The measurement of Time is suspended. YAgas and Yagnas have got stopped. All the living creatures suffer in many different ways due to this unnatural phenomenon. We seek your help in this matter. Kindly help us GirijApate!”

Siva smiled and spoke to them,” Vishnu is also a form of Shakti. He has the power and Shakti to conquer and control the unruly VindhyA. He will solve your problem and help you. Please approach Vishnu and seek his help!”

All the DevAs left KailAsam and went to Vaikuntham now along with Brahma.

#34. திரு சாக்கிய நாயனார்

அவதரித்தார் சாக்கியர் வேளாண் குலத்தில்,
அழகிய திருச் சங்க மங்கைத் திருத்தலத்தில்.

கற்றார் பல வேறு நன்னெறி நூல்களை இவர்;
கண்டார் சிவநெறியே அகற்றும் பிறவியை என.

இருந்தது அவர் புறக்கோலம் சாக்கியரைப் போல;
இருந்தன சிவசிந்தனைகள் அகத்தில் கோலோச்சி!

ரகசியமாக நடந்தது அரிய சிவபூஜை தினமும்
விகசித்த பூஜைக்குப் பின்னரே அன்ன, பானம்!

கண்டார் ஒரு சிவலிங்கத்தை வழிபாடுகள் இன்றி!
கொண்டார் ஆவல் அங்கு சிவ வழிபாடு செய்திட.

கிடந்தன குவிந்து நிறையக் கற்கள் மட்டும் அங்கே;
கிடைக்க வில்லை நீரோ, மலரோ, கனியோ அங்கே!

கல்லும், மணலும் நிறைந்த இடத்தில் காணமுடியுமா
மெல்லிய மலர்களையோ அல்லது நல்ல நீரையோ ?

எறிந்தார் ஒரு சிறு கல்லை எடுத்துச் சிவலிங்கம் மீது
செறிந்த சிவ பஞ்சாக்ஷரங்களை நெஞ்சில் நிறுத்தி!

அன்பனுக்கு அன்பன் அல்லவா கண்ணுதலோன்?
அன்புடன் ஏற்றுக் கொண்டான் கல்லையே மலராக!

தொடர்ந்தது அவர் சிவவழிபாடு சிறிய கற்களுடன்;
மடங்கி விட்டது சிவபூஜை அவர் மறதியால் ஒருநாள்!

உள்ளம் உருகினார்; ஓடினார் சிவனை வழிபட;
உள்ளம் உருகினான்; காட்சி கொடுத்தான் ஈசன்!

கிடைத்தது சிவ சக்தியரின் அற்புத தரிசனம் !
கிடைத்தது சிவலோகத்தின் பேரின்ப வெள்ளம்!

"கல்லெறிந்த சாக்கியர்க்கும் அடியேன்"

(திருத் தொண்டத் தொகை )

#34. Thiru ChAkkiyar nAyanAr

ChAkkiyar was born in Thiruch Chanaga Managi in the race of farmers. He studied the principles laid down by different religions. He found out that only the principles laid down by Saivism could liberate a person from samsAra or the endless cycles of birth and death.

His external appearance resembled that of a ChAkkiyar but his heart was filled with thoughts about Lord Siva. So he worshiped Lord Siva secretly everyday. He would eat his food only after worshipping Siva.

One day he saw a Sivalingam in the middle of nowhere and with no worship of any kind. He felt pained that the Lord Siva was not cared for. He wished to worship the Sivalingam. But the ground was hard and strewn with gravels and stones. There was no water or flower or fruit fit for the worship.

Having no other choice, he picked up a small stone and threw it on the Sivalingam chanting the panchAksharam of Lord Siva. We all know that Lord Siva is a devotee of his sincere devotees. So He accepted the hard stone as a soft fresh flower.

The strange worship went on everyday. ChAkkiyar would eat only after this worship. But one day he sat down fro food without performing this pooja. Suddenly he remembered this and ran to the Sivalingam to worship it.

Siva took pity on His sincere devotee and gave him a dharsham with Uma devi seated on Nandhi Devan. Lord Siva also granted a spot in Sivalokam to ChAkkiya nAyanAr.

Last edited:
I have started typing the life history of the AzhwArgaL on the EkAdasi day!

Here is the first post - an introduction to the blog.

1. ஆழ்வர்களின் வரலாறு - முன்னுரை

இறைவனின் அருளில் ஆழ்ந்து கிடப்பவர்கள் ஆழ்வார்கள். இவர்கள் இறைவனை அணு அணுவாக அனுபவித்துள்ளனர்.

ஆழ்வார்கள் நாயகி மனோபாவத்தில் இறைவனை அணுகி உள்ளார். ஆழ்வார்கள் பன்னிருவர் ஆவர். இவர்களுள் ஒரே பெண் ஆவார் ஆண்டாள் நாச்சியார்.

ஆழ்வார்கள் அருளிய பாசுரங்களின் தொகுப்பே நாலாயிரம் திவ்வியப் பிரபந்தம். நான்கு வேதங்களின் சாரமாக அமைந்துள்ளது இந்தத் தொகுப்பு.

பன்னிரண்டு ஆழ்வார்கள் பாடிய 4000 பாசுரங்களையும் நாதமுனி பதினொன்றாம் நூற்றாண்டில் தொகுத்து வழங்கினார்.

மணவாள மாமுனிகள் இயற்றிய உபதேச இரத்தின மாலை என்னும் நூல் பன்னிரண்டு ஆழ்வார்களைப் பற்றிய அரிய தகவல்களைத் தருகின்றது.

10# 5. விஷ்ணு தந்த வரம்

புகழ்ந்தனர் தேவர்கள் விஷ்ணு மூர்த்தியை
நாக்குழற, மெய்ப் புளகித்து, பக்தியோடு!

“ஸ்ரீ பதே! லோககுரூ! கமலாக்ஷா!
அசுர சம்ஹாரா! காமனைப் படைத்தவா!

கோவிந்தரே! மஹாயக்ஞ ஸ்வரூபரே!
சிருஷ்டி காரணரே! மச்சாவதாராரே!

சத்திய விரதரே! பூத நாயகரே!
நமஸ்காரம்! உமக்கு நமஸ்காரம்!

அமரருக்கு அமிர்தம் பெற்றுத் தர
அன்று எடுத்தீர் ஒரு கூர்மாவதாரம்.

அசுரர்கள் கொட்டத்தை அடக்கிட
அன்று எடுத்தீர் ஒரு மச்சாவதாரம்.

தயையில் உம்மில் சிறந்தவர் யார்?
தயை தாரும்! எம் துயர் தீரும்!” என

“மகிழ்ந்தேன் உம் துதி மொழிகளால்
ஒழிப்பேன் உங்கள் துன்பம், துயரை!

தருவேன் ஓர் அற்புத வரம் இப்போது;
தருவேன் எல்லா நலன்களை உவந்து!

இந்தத் துதிமொழிகளை என்னை எண்ணிச்
சிந்திக்கும் உலக மாந்தர் அனைவருக்கும்!”

10#5. Vishnu gives a boon to the world!

The Devas and Brahma praised VishNu with devotion and emotion. “SreepatE! LokagurO! KalamAkshA! Asura samhArA! The creator of Manmatha! GovindA! MahA yagna swaroopA! Srushti KAraNA! MachchAvatArA! SatyavratA! BootnAyakA! Namaste! Namaste! Namaste!

You assumed the form of a Tortoise to help the Amaras win the Amrutam. You assumed the form of a Koormam to teach a lesson to the Asuras. Who can be more merciful than you? Please take pity on us and please help us!” The Devas prayed to VishNu.

VishNu smiled at them and said,”I am pleased by your words and praises. I will help you and put an end to your sufferings. I will grant you a boon now. I will grant all things auspicious and good to you and also to whoever recites this song of praise with devotion towards me.”

#35. திரு சிறப்புலி நாயனார்

அவதரித்தார் திருத்தலம் திருவாக்கூரில்
அந்தணர் குலத்தில் சிறப்புலி நாயனார்.

நிறைத்திருந்தார் நெஞ்சில் சிவ சிந்தனைகளை;
நிறைத்திருந்தார் நெஞ்சில் சிவ பஞ்சாக்ஷரத்தை.

சிறந்திருந்தார் வேள்விகள் பல புரிவதில்;
சிறந்திருந்தார் அடியார் விருந்தோம்பலில்;

காட்டினார் அளவற்ற அன்பு சிவனடியார்களிடம்;
காட்டினார் அளவற்ற பக்தியை சிவபெருமானிடம்;

பெற்றுத் தந்தன ஈசன் இணையடி நீழலை இவைகள்;
பெற்றார் குன்றாய் புகழ் வள்ளல் சிறப்புலி நாயனார் ;

"புகழ் வள்ளல் சிறப்புலிக்கும் அடியேன் "

(திருத் தொண்டத் தொகை)

வாழ்க நம்முடன், விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

#35. Thiru Sirappuli nAyanAr

Thiru Sirappuli nAyanAr was born in a family of brahmins in ThiruvAkkoor. His mind was always filled with thoughts about Lord Siva. His mind was filled with the Siva PanchAksharam - the five lettered name of Lord Siva.

His aim in life was to perform yAgams and Yajnas. His other aim in life was to offer food the devotees of Siva. His devotion to Siva and to the devotees of Siva could not be measured on any scale. This devotion and generosity won him a place in the world of Siva (aka Siva lOkam).

10#6a. முனிவர் தந்த அபயம்

வரம் பெற்ற தேவர்கள் பெற்றனர் தெளிவு;
வரம் நீக்கியது மனக் கலக்கத்தைச் சற்று.

“விந்தியம் தடுக்கின்றது சூரியன் சஞ்சாரத்தை;
முந்திய கால கர்மங்கள் நின்று போய்விட்டன.

திக்கற்றவர் ஆகிவிட்டோம் யாம் தேவ தேவா!
திக்கு நீரேயன்றி வேறெவரும் இல்லை!” என

“எந்த சக்தி பிரபஞ்சத்தைப் படைத்தாளோ;
எந்த சக்தி ஆதியும், அனாதியும் ஆனவளோ;

எந்த சக்தி குல வர்த்தினி ஆனவளோ;
அந்த சக்தியின் பக்தர் ஒருவர் உள்ளார்.

ஆற்றல் மிகுந்த அகத்திய முனிவர் ஆவார்;
போற்றுவீர் அவரைக் காசி மாநகரம் சென்று!

பெற்றுள்ளார் விந்தியத்தை அடக்கும் ஆற்றல்;
உற்ற துணையாவார்; உங்கள் துயரம் தீர்ப்பார்!”

சென்றனர் தேவர்கள் உற்சாகமாக வாரணாசி;
செய்தனர் தர்ப்பணம் மணிகர்ணிகையில் நீராடி.

அடைந்தனர் அடவியில் அமைந்த ஆசிரமத்தை;
அடைந்தனர் பிரம்மதேஜஸ் கொண்ட அகத்தியரை!

விழுந்து வணங்கித் தொழுதனர் தேவர்கள்;
புகழ்ந்து போற்றினர் குறுமுனி பெருமையை.

10#6a. Sage Agasthya (1)

The DevAs felt a little better with the boon granted by VishNu. They told VishNu,”The VindhyA mountain has grown sky high and blocked the path of Sun. Time and Karmas remain suspended because of this. We are helpless now. Please help us to over come this difficult situation.”

VishNu told them, ” The Skahti who has created the worlds; The Shakti who is without a beginning and or an end; The Shakti who bestows on the people good santati; that Devi has a devotee named Sage Agasthya.

He has a lot of Shakti. He is in KAsi now. Go to him and seek his help in this matter. He will surely help you and subdue the VindhyA mountain.”

The DevAs felt happy, took leave of VishNu and went to KAsi Kshetram. They bathed in the river MaNikarNika and did tarpaNam.

They reached the ashram of Sage Agasthya situated in a dense forest. They met the sage glowing with brahma tejas and paid their humble obeisance to him.

#36a. சிறுத் தொண்டர் நாயனார் (1)

அமைந்திருந்தது திருக்கோவில் கணபதீஸ்வரம்
அழகிய திருச்செங்காட்டங்குடி என்னும் நகரில்.

உயர்ந்து விளங்கியது மாமாத்திரர் குலம் அங்கு.
உயந்த பதவிகள் வகித்தனர் பல்லவ அரசவையில்

பரஞ்சோதியார் விரிசடையோனின் தீவிர அன்பர் ;
படைத்தலைவனாக இருந்தார் பல்லவ மன்னனிடம்.

சிறந்திருந்தார் பல படைக்கலன்களின் பயிற்சியில்!
சிறந்திருந்தார் தோள் வலிமை, வாள் வலிமையில்!

சிவனடியாரைப் பெரியவராக ஆக்குவதற்காக - இவர்
அடக்கி ஒடுக்கிச் சிறிதாக்கிக் கொள்வார் தன்னையே.

வடதிசை சென்றார் பெரும் படையுடன் ஒரு முறை;
வாதாபியை வென்றார்; பரவியது பல்லவர் புகழ்!

அறிந்து கொண்டான் அரசன் அவர் பெருமையை!
"செறிந்த சிவபக்தரைச் சமருக்கு அனுப்புவதா?"

பொன்னும், மணியும் அள்ளித் தந்தான் அவருக்கு;
சொன்னான்,"மனம் போல அரனை வழிபடுவீர்"என.

போருக்குச் செல்லவேண்டியது இல்லை இனிமேல்!
பேர் விளங்கச் செய்யலாம் பல திருத் தொண்டுகள்!

ஆலய பணியும், அடியாரைப் பேணலும் தொடர
அன்புடன் மணந்தார் திரு வெண்காட்டு நங்கையை.

இல்லறம் என்னும் நல்லறம் பேணினார் இருவரும்;
இல்லை என்னாது அளித்தனர் விரும்பியவற்றை!

பிறந்தான் அழகிய மகன் அரன் அருளால் - மேலும்
சிறந்தது இல்லம் அச் சிறுவன் சீராளன் வரவால் !

உணவு உண்பர் பரஞ்சோதியும், மனைவியும்
உணவைச் சிவனடியாருக்கு அளித்த பின்பே

சென்றிருந்தான் சீராளன் கல்விக் கூடத்துக்கு

அன்று வரவில்லை ஒரு சிவனடியாரும் அங்கு .

#36a. Thiru Siruth ThoNdar nAyanAr

The temple GaNapatheeswaram was situated in Thiruch chengAttan gudi. The most popular race in this city was of MAmAtthirar since thy held very high offices in the durbar of the Pallava king.

Paranjyothi was a staunch devotee of Lord Siva. He served as the general of the army of the Pallava King. He was well trained in the art and science of warfare. He was very strong and valorous.

Whenever he was serving the devotees of Siva, he would make himself appear smaller and the devotees bigger than him. Hence his name got changed to Thiru Siruth ThoNdar nAyanAr.

He went to the north with a huge army. He conquered VAtAPi and his fame spread far and wide. The king realized his greatness as a general and also as a devotee of Siva. The King felt that it was not proper to send such a great devotee to fight wars in the future.

So the king gave Paranjothi enough of gold and other gifts so that he could spend all his time in worshiping his favorite god Siva. Now that Paranjyothi was rid of the warfare and other responsibilities, he concentrated on his welfare projects in and around the temple and in feeding the devotees of Siva. He married a virtuous woman Thiru veNkAttu nangai to help him in serving humanity.

Both the husband and wife happily gave away whatever their guests wanted. They were blessed with a handsome son whom they named as SeerALan. They lead a life filled with joy and contentment and continued to serve the others. They had taken a vow to eat food only after feeding at least one devotee of Siva everyday.

One day SeerALan went to his school as usual but they could find a single devotee of Siva which was quite unusual!

Bhagavathy bhaagavatam - skanda 10

10#6b. முனிவர் தந்த அபயம்

“அந்தணர்களில் உயர்ந்த குறுமுனியே! பூஜ்யரே!
அன்று வென்றீர் வஞ்சக நெஞ்சன் வாதாபியை நீர்!

பிறந்தீர் கலசத்தில்! மணந்தீர் லோபமுத்ரையை!
உற்பத்தி ஆனீர் நீர் மித்ரவருணனிடம் இருந்து!

வித்தைகளின் இருப்பிடம் ஆனவர் நீர் – பரா
சக்தியின் பக்தர் நீர்! பெரும் சக்தி பெற்றவர்!

விபரீதத் தொல்லை தருகிறது உலகுக்கு
விண்ணளவு வளர்ந்த விந்தியம் இப்போது.

தடைபட்டுள்ளது சூரியனின் சஞ்சாரம்;
உடைபட்டுப் போனது கால நிர்ணயம்;

அடக்க வேண்டும் விந்தியத்தைத் நீரே!
அடங்கும் விந்தியம் உம் வலிமைக்கு!”

புன்னகை செய்தார் தேவர்களை நோக்கி,
“உன்னதமான தேவர்களே! அதிபதிகளே!

சமர்த்தர்கள் நீங்கள் நன்கு கண்டிப்பதில்;
சமர்த்தர்கள் நீங்கள் நன்கு தண்டிப்பதில்;

பெற்றுள்ளீர் அற்புத அஸ்திர சஸ்திரங்கள்;
பெற்றுள்ளீர் அற்புத அஷ்ட மா சித்திகளை.

முடியாதது என்ன உள்ளது தேவேந்திரனுக்கு?
முடியாதது என்ன உள்ளது அக்னி தேவனுக்கு?

முடியாதது என்ன உள்ளது யமதர்மனுக்கு?
முடிக்க விரும்புகிறீர்கள் இதை என் சக்தியால்.

முடிக்க வேண்டும் என் வலிமையால் என்றால்
முடிப்பேன் இப்பணியை நீர் கூறியவாறு!” என்றார்

10#6b. Sage Agasthya (2)

“Oh respected Sage! The best among Brahmins! You defeated the cunning and treacherous VAtApi. You were born out of a kumbham. You married Lobamudra.

You were created by Mithravaruna. You know all the vidhyAs. You are a keen devotee of Shakti Devi. You have tremendous shakti yourself.

Vindhya mountain has grown sky high and disrupted the path of Sun and the measurement of Time. You must subdue the VindhyA by the power of your penance and help us restore order in the Universe. We are sure you will be able to subdue the Vindhya easily.”

The sage smiled at them and spoke,” You are the Devas and rulers of the three worlds! You are experts in controlling people as well as punishing them. You own the various astras and sastras. You possess Ashta mA siddhis.

What can be impossible for Indra or Agni or Yamadharma? Yet you want this task to be done by me. If you wish it to be so, it will be so. I shall finish this task the way you wish me to do !

#36b. சிறுத் தொண்டர் நாயனார் (2)

தேடிச் சென்றார் பரஞ்சோதியார் ஒரு சிவனடியாரை;
தேடி வந்தார் இல்லத்தை பைரவர் வேடத்தில் பிரான்.

ஆசனம் அளித்து, வரவேற்று, உபசரித்தனர் பெண்கள்;
ஆனால் அமர மறுத்து விட்டார் பைரவர் வேடப் பிரான்!

"அத்தி மரத்தின் கீழே அமர்ந்திருப்பேன் - அனுப்புங்கள்
அதிதியை அழைத்துவரச் சிறுத்தொண்டரை என்னிடம்!"

இல்லம் திரும்பினார் தனியாகவே சிறுத் தொண்டர்;
இல்லாள் கூறினாள் அடியவரிடம் இந்தச் செய்தியை.

விரைந்தார் சிறுத் தொண்டர் பைரவரைத் தேடியபடி;
விரும்பி அழைத்தார் பைரவரை விருந்து உண்பதற்கு.

"அளிக்க முடியுமா உன்னால் நான் விரும்பும் உணவை?"
என
"அளிப்பேன் நான் எந்த உணவை நீர் விரும்பினாலும் !"
என

"உண்பேன் நான் ஆறு மாதங்களுக்கு ஒரு முறையே!
உணவு தயாரிக்க வேண்டும் ஒரு பசுவை வதைத்து!

நான்கு கால் பசு அல்ல நான் குறிப்பிடும் இந்தப் பசு!
அங்கம் பழுதற்ற ஐந்தாண்டு பாலகனே எனக்குப் பசு!

ஒரு குடிக்கு ஒரு மகனாக இருக்க வேண்டும் அவன்;
வருத்தம் இன்றித் தாய் தந்தையர் சமைக்க வேண்டும்!"

விரைந்தார் தம் இல்லம் நோக்கிச் சிறுத் தொண்டர்;
உரைத்தார் மனைவியிடம் பைரவர் கூறியவற்றை.

"ஒரு குடிக்கு ஒரு மகனை எங்கே தேடுவோம்" என
"ஒரு குடிக்கு ஒரு மகன் அல்லவா நம் சீராளன்?" என

விரைந்தார் சிறுத் தொண்டர் பள்ளியை நோக்கி;
விரைந்தார் மீண்டும் இல்லம் சிறுவன் சீராளனுடன்.

மறைத்து விட்டார் பிரான் சிறுவன் சீராளனை - இல்லம்
விரைந்து வந்தவன் பிரான் அனுப்பிய மாயச் சீராளன்.

ஆவலுடன் காத்திருந்தாள் அன்னை திண்ணையில்;
காதலுடன் உச்சி முகர்ந்தாள் மகனை வாரி அணைத்து!

அரிந்தனர் அருமை மகனை அந்தத் தாய் தந்தையர்;
அரிய கறிவகைகளை கண்ணீர் விடாமல் சமைத்தனர்.

அழைத்து வரச் சென்றார் பைரவரைச் சிறுத் தொண்டர்
அலங்கரித்தனர் அந்த இல்லத்தை தூப, தீப, மலர்களால்.

#36b. Thiru Siruth ThoNdar nAyanAr (2)

Paranjyothi went out looking for and hoping to find a devotee of Siva. At the same time Lord Siva approached his house disguised as a Bhairavar. The women in the household welcomed him and offered him a seat. But the Bhairavar refused to take a seat.

He said." I will sit under the fig tree and wait. When the master of this household returns send him to me". After sometime Paranjyothi returned home without finding a devotee of Siva.

His wife told about the Bhairavar who was waiting under a fig tree. Paranjyothi went out again looking for the Bhairavar and located him under the fig tree.

Bhairavar told Paranjyothi," I think you will not be able to serve me the food I wish to eat." But Paranjyothi replied, " No sire! I can serve you any food you wish to eat."

Now the Bhairavar said, "I eat only once in every six months. You must cook my food killing a sacrificial animal. By animal I do not mean an animal with four legs. The animal I have in mind is a boy aged five years.

He must be the only child of his parents. His parents themselves must cook his body parts without shedding a single drop of tear or feeling sad. Do you think it is possible to feed me thus?"

Paranjyothi went back home and told to his wife about the conditions laid by the Bhairavar. His wife asked,"From where will we get a boy aged five years and who is also the only child of that family?"

Paranjyothi replied to her," Our own son SeerALan is aged five years and is our only child." The wife agreed to this and told him to bring back SeerALan from his school.

Paranjyothi hurried to the school and hurried back home with his only son aged five years and who was free from any defects in his body or his mind.

But Lord Siva had concealed the real SeerALan and the boy who accompanied Paranjyothi home was a mere illusion created by Lord Siva. The mother was waiting in the varandah of their house. She hugged and kissed her son with great affection for one last time.

The parents cut and cooked the various body parts of their dear child. Everything was ready now. Paranjyothi went out to fetch home the Bhairavar. The ladies in the household decorated it with flowers, lamps and incense sticks.

10# 7. அடங்கியது விந்தியம்

கூறினார் அகத்தியர் மனவி லோபமுத்திரையிடம்,
“கூறினர் தேவர்கள் என்னிடம் வந்து இதனை!

தடுத்து விட்டதாம் ஆதவன் செல்லும் வீதியை
மடமடவென்று வளர்ந்து நிற்கும் விந்தியமலை!

உடைக்க வேண்டும் நான் தெற்கே சென்று – அத்
தடையை என வேண்டிக் கொண்டனர் தேவர்கள்.

வாசம் செய்ய விரும்பினோம் நாம் இருவரும்
காசி நகரப் புண்ணியத் தலத்தில் இனிமேல்.

இடையூறு ஆகிவிட்டது நம் விருப்பத்துக்குத்
தடையாக வளர்ந்து நிற்கின்ற விந்திய மலை.”

வருந்தினார் மனம் அகத்திய முனிவர் – பிறகு
வழிபட்டார் மணிகர்ணிகையில் குளித்து விட்டு

காசி விஸ்வநாதர், தண்டபாணி, காலராஜனை;
காசி நீங்கிச் சென்றார் தெற்கே மனைவியுடன்.

அடைந்தார் வானளாவிய விந்தியத்தை நொடியில்;
தடையாக நின்ற விந்தியம் கண்டது அம்முனிவரை!

அழிந்தது அதன் மமதை; அடங்கியது அதன் ஆணவம்;
தொழுது நின்றது விந்தியம் முனிவரைச் சிறு உருவில்!

“குழந்தாய் விந்தியா! நலமாக உள்ளாயா கூறு!
வழிவிடு நான் தென்திசை நோக்கி செல்வதற்கு!

உயர்ந்து நின்றால் எங்கனம் கடப்பேன் உன்னை?
தயவாய் இரு இது போன்றே நான் திரும்பும் வரை!”

கடந்தார் மனைவியுடன் சிறுத்துவிட்ட விந்தியத்தை;
அடைந்தார் ஸ்ரீ சைலத்தைப் பின்னர் பொதிகையை.

வாசம் செய்தனர் இருவரும் பொதிகை மலையில்;
வசிக்கின்றாள் தேவி இன்றும் விந்திய மலையில்.

விந்தியாசல வாஸினி
என்ற பெயர் பெற்று
இந்த உலகத்துக்கு அருள் பாலிக்கின்றாள்!

பயன்:

தரும் இச்சரிதம் நால் வர்ணத்தவருக்கும்
தர்ம அர்த்த காம மோக்ஷ ஞானங்களை.

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும்! விசாலம். K. ராமன்

10#7. Vindhyagiri was subdued!

Sage Agasthya told his wife LopamudrA about the visit of the DevAs and their request. “Vindhya has blocked the path of the Sun and disrupted the order of the universe.

We have to go South to subdue the Vindhya and restore the balance of the Universe. We wished to live in this holy city of KAsi but it will not be possible for us anymore!”

Agasthya felt sad at the thought of leaving KAsi Kshetra but he had no choice. He bathed in the holy river MaNikarNika and worshiped Kasi ViswnAth, DhandpANi and KAlarAjan.

Sage Agasthya left Kasi and went towards South with his wife. They reached Vindhya in a moment. VindhyA’s pride and vanity vanished at the sight of the great sage. It reduced its size and paid obeisance to the sage.

Agasthya spoke to Vindhya with great affection, “How are you my dear child Vindhya? I have to go South with my wife. Please give us easy passage now. We can’t climb over you if you stand towering high and scaling the sky.”

After crossing the VindhyA the sage said, “Please remain in this manner till we come back here after visiting the South”

The sage reached Sri Sailam and then Podigai with his wife. They lived on Podigai Malai and Devi still lives on VindhyAchalam. One of her names is
VindhyAchala VAsini.

This charitam will bestow the four purushArthams namely Dharma, Artha, KAma and Moksham along with GnAnam to the listeners belonging to all the four varNAs .

#36c . சிறுத் தொண்டர் நாயனார் (3)

களிப்புடன் செய்தனர் பைரவருக்குப் பாத பூஜை!
தெளித்தனர் அந்த நீரைத் தம் இல்லம் முழுவதும்.

"பக்குவம் செய்தீர்களா எல்லா உறுப்புக்களையும்?
படையுங்கள் எல்லாக் கறிகளையும் என் இலையில்!"

"சமைக்கவில்லை தலை இறைச்சியை மட்டும்!" என்று
சமைத்துக் கொண்டு வந்தாள் அவர் மனைவி உடனே.

"என்றுமே தனித்து உண்பதில்லை நான் என் உணவை;
இன்று நீரே அமர்வீர் என்னுடன் உணவு உண்பதற்கு" என

தானும் அமர்ந்தார் திருத் தொண்டர் உணவு உண்பதற்கு;
தன் இலையிலும் அதேபோல் கறிவகைகளும், அன்னமும்.

"அழையுங்கள் உங்கள் மகனையும் நம்முடன் உண்பதற்கு
பிழையல்லவா சிறுவனைத் தவிர்த்து நாம் உண்பது?" என

"தெய்வமே திக்கு!" என்று நமசிவாயத்தை எண்ணியபடி
செய்வதறியாமல் கூவிக் கூவி அழைத்தனர் சீராளனை!

ஓடி வந்தான் சிறுவன் சீராளன் சதங்கைகள் ஒலித்திட!
ஓடி வந்தான் சிறுவன் சீராளன் தன் பள்ளியில் இருந்து!

அத்தனின் மாயங்களை யாரே அறிய வல்லார்?
பித்தரைப் போல வாரி அணைத்து முத்தமிட்டனர்!

காணவில்லை இல்லத்தில் மாய வேடதாரி பைரவரை!
காணவில்லை கலன்களில் பிள்ளைக் கறிவகைகளை!

ஏற்றம் அடைந்தது அடியவரின் இல்லம் அப்போது;
தோற்றம் தந்தது கயிலை மலை அங்கு அப்போது;

கிடைத்தது அரனின் பாதசேவை சிறுத் தொண்டருக்கு;
கிடைத்தது உமையின் பாத சேவை அவர் மனைவிக்கு;

கிடைத்தது முருகனின் பாதசேவை சிறுவன் சீராளனுக்கு;
கிடைத்தது மங்காத பெரும் புகழ் அவர்கள் அனைவருக்கும்.

"செங்காட்டங்குடி மெய் சிறுத் தொண்டர்க்கும் அடியேன் "

(
திருத் தொண்டத் தொகை)

#36c. Thiru Siruth ThoNdar nAyanAr (3)

The Bhairavar came home with Paranjyothi. The couple washed his feet and did pAdha poojai. They sprinkled that water on themselves and everywhere in their house.

The Bhiaravar asked, "Have you cooked all the parts of the body? Then you can serve me those preparations." The wife said, "I have not cooked the head but I will cook it and bring it soon".

Now the Bhairavar said to Paranjyothi, "I never eat my food alone. So you may join me in this feast." Paranjyothi sat along with Bhairavar and his wife served him the same preparations on his leaf also.

Now the Bairavar said, "We can't eat leaving out your son. It will be very wrong to do so. So please call out his name so that he can come and join us."

The couple did not know what to do or to say. They surrendered to Lord Siva. Contemplating on the divine panchAkashara "Nama: SivAya", they kept on calling out the name of their dear son "SeerALA! SeerALA!'

Lo and behold! Their son came in running with his silver ankle bells making the usual sweet sound. He was coming straight from his school. His parents went mad with joy and hugged and kissed him.

They went inside the house and the Bhairavar was nowhere to be seen! All the food items cooked by them had disappeared into thin air! Suddenly their household shone with a brilliance and the mesmerizing scene of Mount Kailash appeared there.

Paranjyothi got the boon of serving the lotus feet of Siva. His wife got the boon of serving the lotus feet of Devi Uma and their son SeerALan the lotus feet of Murugun.

Everyone in the household was bestowed with undiminishing fame.

Latest ads

Back