• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Poem for children

While not wandering across the length and breadth of the country visiting temples and places of interest, I get some free time. In Chennai apart from swimming every day to keep fit and, of course, visiting temples, there is not much activity. I am foodie with a passion for cooking and try out interesting dishes from Youtube varying from the Sweet Malpoa to Amla (Nellikai) pickles to Aloo Jeera. Since I have been cooking, not frequently of course, for more than 40 years, I have had a fair amount of success.

There are rare occasions when I do drive with my wife, son and daughter either to Kancheepuram, Pondicherry or some other nearby place. But long drives are becoming more and more of a rarity. Hence, I resort to writing poems for children. One such poem is reproduced below:

THE HUNTER

The lithe body, the tawny mane
The noble forehead and mien
The golden skin tinged with black
In every inch a noble beast

The jungle echoes to his roars
The timid animals run hither and thither
By nightfall it’s certain
That one would be its prey

He lords the dense jungle
Knows every sight and sound
The waterhole nearby