• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will India retain the ICC World cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Africa/Pakistan match on 7th March: SA played well to accommodate Pak; every SA players fell as playing cards; even Villiers played in such a way, the ball went straight to WK's gloves. loosing and winning has no meaning for SA; therefore, they played well so that Pak cud go to QF. India/WI match on 6th March- Dhoni announed muc earlier that if Gayle is in form, India will be helpless and Gayle was out and India won. Ireland has no match to India on 10th March. as it is, Bangladesh looks to be at Place 4 of Pool A and they will meet India at QF. There is already a move to have that match at MCG where I live. I am trying to get tkt and will do my best to attend. Hope and Pray India wins that match. will comment further as matches progress - srinivasan

one more point I wish to point out: during India/WI match when Kohli was out, he argued with Umpire that only once bouncer was to be played by the bowler whereas the bowler's bouncer by which Kohli was declared out was the second and umpire shud have declared that ball as noball. that argument was not followed - srinivasan

The unsung hero of this WC is Sri Lanka's Sangakkara who has hit record 4 successive centuries, the last against Scotland today! Wow! What a spectacular achievement!

Last edited:
Sorry Sir, current Sri Lanka captain is Angelo Matthews. Both Sri Lanka and West Indies seem to have a rotating skipper policy.

Sorry Sir, current Sri Lanka captain is Angelo Matthews. Both Sri Lanka and West Indies seem to have a rotating skipper policy.

Thank you for pointing out..Anyway it has been always a Captain knock in the WC by Sangakkara...SL has got a Quarter final berth mainly on account of his mettle!

B_u6113VAAEP8gE.jpg:large

Today's match with Zimbabwe, Indian will have a clean sweep....Zimbabwe have lost 3 early wickets and are struggling at 82-3 at the end of 22 overs

Did you watch the match between Kiwis and Bangladesh yesterday...Our neighbor put up a good fight till the end...It was tense..Towards the end NZ had to score 9 with 9 balls remaining...Finally NZ managed to edge past Bangla..The stand up Captain of Bangla team Shakib did a good job!

Brendan Taylor 113 not out..Amazing batting...Ashwin has come a cropper today & he already conceded 73 in 9 overs..Zimbabwe is 207-4 at the end of 40 overs...Excellent recovery!

Zimbabwe finally folds for 287...Our off spinners (Ashwin & Jadeja had each conceded over 70 runs in their stipulated 10 overs ) were in poor form-lack of confidence??

Let us now see how the Men in Blue score in return!

What an amazing recovery by India! Excellent batting by Raina -110 not out and Dhoni -86 not out pulled us from the jaws of defeat and has given us yet another victory by 6 wickets! Good show! Congratulations! We are unbeaten in WC so far like the Kiwis!

We are now going to meet Bangladesh on 19th March (Thursday) at Melbourne at 2.30PM ! It is a knockout match! Do or die! Our opponents are baying for our blood! Watch out!

For years now, Bangladesh have viewed India as a slightly arrogant big brother.

Who can forget Virender Sehwag’s famous statement in 2010, three years after the World Cup debacle, that “Bangladesh are an ordinary side. They can’t beat India because they can’t take 20 wickets.”

I was there at that press conference then, and was a witness to severe backlash from fans and journalists from Bangladesh. They obviously took it as a personal insult and it opened up old wounds about perceived mockery and arrogance. Jamie Siddons, Bangladesh’s coach then, had a press interaction where he was asked about Sehwag’s comments and he didn’t hold himself back.
“His comments might bite him on his bum in a few years’ time. It might even hit him in the bum in a week’s time. We are definitely not an ordinary side.”

Considering India defeated them at their home in the 2011 World Cup, Bangladesh will be itching to create an upset. They have had an interesting tournament so far and are peaking at the right time. A fine win against England has been followed with this admirable job against New Zealand, one of the tournament favourites.

The quarter-final will be really interesting to watch. It should be a passionate affair. Hopefully, there won’t be any silly comments from any Indian player before the game!

Word of caution for India: Be cautious with your words | The Indian Express | Page 99

Last edited:
New Zealand/Bangladesh and India/Zimbabwe matches on 13th and 14th March respectively were so enjoyable and nail-biting, it is to be seen to be appreciated. Bangladesh has become formidable. India is going to meet at QF on thursdy at MCG; ofcourse, I will be attending; I tell y I am nervous but at the same I am sure Doni and his team will raise to the occasion and will win; after all India has to retain WC. presently Pak is batting against Ireland; think they will prevail and win. no doubt Ireland is playing well. - srinivasan

Knock-out stage is the real testing for any side, let alone Australia and India, especially in limited overs Cricket.

India lost to Bangladesh in the 2007 world cup.

Amazing bowling by Imran Tahi..His 4-26 coupled with Jean Paul's 3-29 have taken the wind of Sri Lankans...They are dismissed for a cheap 133 in just 37.2 overs in today's Quarter Final knockout match being played

Appreciate the South African bowlers for dismantling the formidable Lanka batting line up! Sangakkara getting out for 45 and that he was the highest run taker in his side shows the grit and determination of the Proteas bowlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back