• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will India retain the ICC World cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secular india haters who want india to lose! Reason - india is trying to assert its hindu identity.

B-gjyShCAAASmV8.jpg

Ashis Nandy is a nut. ignore him; ignoring him is the best punishment - srinivasan

The way India played Pakistan and South Africa - seem to be having a legitimate chance of wining the cup. One thing to note and appreciate is team is really turning into TEAM after Sachin's exit, who I think played a personal records game - now we see different heroes emerging in each game. Many may not be happy with my comment :)

I agree cmano's comment. India is playing well, even the bowlers were doing well, getting SA all out on a flat pitch, if the luck favours interms of toss win, India can go onto Semi Finals, even to Finals.

I agree with Cmani1981. I also am of the opinion that Tendulkar played for himself and not for the team. In continuation to my earlier comment, sometime when India almost w reaching 200, some 4/5 Pak people came and sat near to us and they were carrying Indian and Pak flags; in fact more of India n flags. they exchanged pleasantries with some Indians and said something like this: "Pak team brought disgrace to their country and they shud not be allowed to enter the country. we r yr neighbour etc etc" the Indians just laughed at them. when India won they also joined in the celebration - srinivasan

well, it was very fortunate I am in Melbourne and attended India/South Africa match on sunday. I must say it was the Indian crowd pushed Dhawan and other Indian players to win the match. It looked as if MCG has been taken over Indian crowd. now only Melbourne Indian crowd attended but also from Sydney, Canbarra, Brisbane and Adelide. y see one enterprising Indian travel agent organised tour to take Indian crowd to the cities wherever India played/playing. This is within Australia but I havent checked about New Zealand sites. but believe me, the scene in Melbourne on Sunday was to be seen to be believed. really I enjoyed. in fact, we as a group of 30/35 people attended. If India maintains this trend and strength, I am sure they can make it to WC - srinivasan

Great going Sudeshwarji! Watching a World Cup match live in front of a maddening Indian crowd should be exhilarating!

The hurricane is back! Chris Gayle hits a double hundred, a first in World Cup history and too a fastest one with a knock of 202 off 138 balls against Zimbabwe, eclipsing the record of Sehwag off 140 balls..Also he is the first non Indian batsman to post double century! Great show Gayle!

What a fabulous knock!!

chris-gayle-double-ton.jpg

Chris Gayle celebrates his double ton.Getty Images

Chris Gayle rediscovered his mojo in spectacular fashion with the highest individual innings in a World Cup match on Tuesday, his 215 helping West Indies to 372 for two in their Pool B clash against Zimbabwe.

The Master Blaster opener slugged 16 sixes -- equalling the ODI record -- as well as 10 fours in the 147-ball innings, which formed the large part of an ODI record 372-run partnership with Marlon Samuels (133).

The 35-year-old was dismissed with the last ball of the innings trying for a 17th six but only succeeding in holing out in the deep.

Chris Gayle slams double ton to create World Cup record - The Times of India

Great going Sudeshwarji! Watching a World Cup match live in front of a maddening Indian crowd should be exhilarating!

In today's (24th Feb) The Australian newspaper, Sunday's MCG Indian crowd has been described as 'Swamy Army'. I dont
understand the meaning. I wud have shooted a letter to the paper but I refrained just to avoid unpeasantness. The commenater is Andrew Faulkner; if I am not wrong he is one of the Australian WC team member I expect some comments on this from our team members - srinivasan

If England is home of cricket WI are the darling of cricket. IPL has pumped a lot of cricket into Chris Ga(le)yle and it is time WI resurrected themselves to give a fair share of cricket to spectators.

In today's (24th Feb) The Australian newspaper, Sunday's MCG Indian crowd has been described as 'Swamy Army'. I dont
understand the meaning. I wud have shooted a letter to the paper but I refrained just to avoid unpeasantness. The commenater is Andrew Faulkner; if I am not wrong he is one of the Australian WC team member I expect some comments on this from our team members - srinivasan

It is the Indian Cricket Fans world wide...Supporters of our Cricket team...Look at their web site:

Swami Army - Indian Cricket Fans Worldwide

Interesting promotion by various brands all in the name of World cup Cricket tournament!

This one by Axis Bank asks " Do you wear that same outgrown blue jersey every time India plays?"

B-2DlxFUUAAWm8z.jpg

Last edited:
Don't move from your chair or we will loose a wicket...A funny one indeed..We too have these quirky ones..Like the blue color T shirt will win laurels in Exam

B-1vn9eUIAA--Ay.jpg

What is happening..Australia has folded for 151 against New Zealand..Boult is a Bolt from the blue...Amazing 27-5 one of best bowling figures!

AB de Villiers dazzling 162 (smashing the fastest 150's) led the Proteas charge against Windies yesterday ...Incidentally he holds the fastest 50 & 100 in ODI cricket also..An amazing feat! Also the team made a whopping 408-5 with 261 runs made in the last 20 overs which is another WC record! And the Windies collapsed like 9 pins and folded at 151 ! Great cricket!! What a sight to watch!!

Our team won a comprehensive win over UAE today...India chased a paltry 103 & won the game by 9 wickets in 18.5 overs..Ashwin won the Man of the Match title for a career best figures 4/25 and bundling out UAE..Good show Team India!!

What is happening..Australia has folded for 151 against New Zealand..Boult is a Bolt from the blue...Amazing 27-5 one of best bowling figures!

Australia in reply bowled very tight and kiwis managed to sneak past the sledgers with one wicket to spare..A thrilling WC match that kept the spectators on the edge

It is one of the accepted truths of international cricket that fielding is not India's particular forte but Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men have taken bold steps towards altering that reputation at the World Cup.
Too often in the past, India's fast bowlers have been liabilities in the field, while during the recent test series in Australia the team's close-in catching was simply woeful.

The infusion of some young, athletic fielders had already led to an improvement in India's performance in that aspect of limited-overs matches but the team took it to an even higher level last Sunday, outshining even South Africa.

Gone are the days when an Indian captain had to spend considerable amount of time trying to figure out where to hide his slow-moving fielders and pace bowlers. It was two Indian pacemen that brought about probably the two most crucial moments during South Africa's chase of India's total of 307-7 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground -- not with the ball but from the outfield.

Swapnil Patil did not know what got him. In theory he was facing an off-break bowler, but the ball he pushed at and eventually edged was no off-break. This was surprising seam-up stuff, a delivery that swung away from him and left him squinting in visible disbelief as ball struck bat.

A little later, his colleague Mohammad Naveed met with a similar fate, when, all wound up for a giant heave over the ropes, he received a quicker ball that pulled the rug from under his feet.

It may have only been the UAE, but Saturday night in Perth saw R. Ashwin at his lively best: varying his speeds, hitting uncomfortable lengths, and occasionally dipping into his bottomless bag of tricks.
It is easy to deride a bowler for experimenting, particularly when he's struggling, but Ashwin deserves credit for keeping faith in himself when the world queued up to tell him he was wrong.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/crick...orks-for-him/article6948719.ece?homepage=true

it becomes u predictable. I attend some matches and watch some. but it looks will certainly reach SF. in top teams England looks to be out. Today South Africa is thrashing Ireland. (Ireland's captain refused to sing/salute his country's national anthem, I dont why?). New Zealand, India, South Africa and Australia r going to fight it out. i am sure - srinivasan

Aussies are not a formidable team that they were at one point of time...May be West Indies will also join in SF in place of Aussies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back