• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Whither Indian Culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear krish sir (or madam, Im not sure)

your arguments are logically acceptable, no doubt.

if you are a gent, would you permit your wife to dress likewise to her office?

'Time is less', agreed. 'Dress to suit the climate', can't agree more!

'If some have only time to stare and see skin of women,..'...Sir, don't you think there is a limit for minimizing the dress? you are right in asking, 'why would u stare at a women's exposed skin?'. but don't you think some ethics must be observed in dressing to office? your argument can be extended to any limits for that matter. what if a woman would say she is comfortable only in bikini in hot summer!!!

there is no point pouncing on me sir (or madam, whatever is right). please ponder sir.

My up vote to you Sir

madam,

you seem to have been provoked beyond your capacity. you could have softened your tone and avoided personal attack on me. there is no point pouncing on me, spewing your ire on me.

if it is 1 or 2 individuals, it is not a matter of concern of course. it is that individual's will and wish, superciliousness or whatever you call it.

please note, what I have reported is only a tip of the iceberg.

there are members in this forum, working in IT cos. they have not contended.

Yes..you are right..I should have changed my tone..I should have been more HARSH.

There is no personal attack here..you asked me if I dressed like the alleged cases you saw..so to some extent mental images form ..like you are asking another member if he allows his wife to dress in such a manner.

But if I say that you wear your undergarments you say its personal attack.

Kya personal attack yaar?
This is only the beginning..picture toh abhi baaki hain..conclusion.

See..there is a trend here by creating a thread about culture decline you are going on describing the female body..from exposing skin and now saying going sans bra.

What next?
Visible panty line?LOL

Not knowing what truly lies beyond your posts some feathered ones are jumping in.

Last edited:
if you are a gent, would you permit your wife to dress likewise to her office?

That is very chuvenisic of you.

A male chauvinist pig (MCP) was a term used in the late 1960s and early 1970s among some feminists for some men, usually men with some power (such as an employer or professor), who believed that men were superior and expressed that opinion freely in word and action.

People dress the way they want. They change their dress according to who they want to please.

If that is very Chauvinistic ... what do you call this....?

Speaking on mere presumptions....

Dear Gyanasundram Ji...

They might want to attract some males but you might not be on their list..so dont worry.

And now who is worried here....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Falcon ji...you are acutely worried.

Doctor Madam,

It is again your presumption..

As I wrote earlier I have a season ticket to visit a popular restaurant where there is cabaret dance played everyday evening by young girls and a rocking music in the back ground.

Doctor Madam,

It is again your presumption..

As I wrote earlier I have a season ticket to visit a popular restaurant where there is cabaret dance played everyday evening with young girls.

Yes..you need an outlet..its common when one faces acute stress.

Yes..you need an outlet..its common when one faces acute stress.

LOL

Again this is another presumption of yours...

I told you that I have a season ticket but never told you that I visit that restaurant.

Please keep presuming things ...........:)

This thread is turning too personal. Time for everyone to lo step back a little and ponder whether this turn of events was their intention when they started participating in this thread.

A male chauvinist pig (MCP) was a term used in the late 1960s and early 1970s among some feminists for some men, usually men with some power (such as an employer or professor), who believed that men were superior and expressed that opinion freely in word and action.

People dress the way they want. They change their dress according to who they want to please.

Sir, we are talking about maintaining our culture in general.

the way we dress reflects whether we are cultured or not.

a society where people have a dress for formal occasions, is a cultured society.

indians are (or were, I wonder) a cultured society. men and women wear formal dress on formal occasions, besides reflecting that we are cultured in other facets and aspects.

let women wear whatever inside the 4 walls of their homes, it is their personal space and matter.

but when it comes to office, it is cultured to wear a formal dress, coz office is a formal environment. for indian women now in 2nd decade of 21st century, a simple formal dress would be chudidar kameez with sleeves, neither too skin-tight fitting nor too loose. women may also wear pants and shirts, neither too tight nor loose. women may sport a simple hairstyle. this should not take long to dress. perhaps a few more minutes than it would take men to wear their formal dress.

'..they change their dress according to who they want to please' ... agreed! so women dress to please someone! who do they want to please with an almost-open or fully open back at the blouse, in an office? who do they want to please with a part open sleeve, open at the shoulder and a little above the elbow, in an office? I am not interested in knowing who they want to please. what is their intent and purpose? what sort of a mindset and mentality does this reflect? what has happened to our outlook over the decades? where are we heading? what precedent are we setting? what example are we setting for future generations to follow?

if this trend is not arrested, don't you shudder to imagine where it would end!

so you are not a male chauvinist. ok. would you permit your daughter/wife to dress revealing her cleavage, showing most part of her back, revealing the skin above the knee and go to office? please introspect sir.

it is not only about dress, where I feel our culture is eroded. it is also in the way our young women conduct themselves, relate and interact with one another, with other men etc., and many more other aspects of the traffic lanes of life.

men and women of yester-century, young, middle-aged and old, conduct themselves with elan, were gentle in their transactions, interacted and mingled drawing appropriate boundary lines etc etc.

if you are in madras, please visit the campuses of IT majors in mahindra city, sholinganallur etc. and infer for yourselves please.

Last edited:
This thread is turning too personal. Time for everyone to lo step back a little and ponder whether this turn of events was their intention when they started participating in this thread.

digressions are unavoidable in a public forum sir, hence permissible within limits set by moderators, who would take care when limits are crossed. hence not to worry sir. just read the posts and enjoy the thread sir. join the game and have fun if you wish.

Last edited:
Yes..you are right..I should have changed my tone..I should have been more HARSH.

There is no personal attack here..you asked me if I dressed like the alleged cases you saw..so to some extent mental images form ..like you are asking another member if he allows his wife to dress in such a manner.

But if I say that you wear your undergarments you say its personal attack.

Kya personal attack yaar?
This is only the beginning..picture toh abhi baaki hain..conclusion.

See..there is a trend here by creating a thread about culture decline you are going on describing the female body..from exposing skin and now saying going sans bra.

What next?
Visible panty line?LOL

Not knowing what truly lies beyond your posts some feathered ones are jumping in.

madam,

if you open your own hospital, where you are the Dean or Chief-Surgeon or CEO or whatever title you would give yourself, would you not set a dress code to your staff, the doctors, the nurses, the house-keeping staff? please do not perceive this as personal attack. I am talking about corporate culture. would you not attempt to maintain culture in your hospital?

would you not set a 'code of ethical behavior and conduct' for your staff to conduct themselves in the hospital?

You are a liberalist, no doubt, yet would you extend your liberalism to release reasonable constraints on inter-mingling among your staff?

feathered ones seem to be more cultured than 6th sense ones madam! I wish I were one so that I can fly over mountains and forests and seas.

P.S.: I wish you open your own hospital. My best wishes to you.

Last edited:
madam,

if you open your own hospital, where you are the Dean or Chief-Surgeon or CEO or whatever title you would give yourself, would you not set a dress code to your staff, the doctors, the nurses, the house-keeping staff? please do not perceive this as personal attack. I am talking about corporate culture. would you not attempt to maintain culture in your hospital?

would you not set a 'code of ethical behavior and conduct' for your staff to conduct themselves in the hospital?

You are a liberalist, no doubt, yet would you extend your liberalism to release reasonable constraints on inter-mingling among your staff?

feathered ones seem to be more cultured than 6th sense ones madam! I wish I were one so that I can fly over mountains and forests and seas.

P.S.: I wish you open your own hospital. My best wishes to you.

Dear Gyana Sunyam ji....

In my set I never set a dress code for my nurses..I let them wear what they wanted.
Since they are all muslim they wear hijab and covered clothes.

So such a problem never arised in my set up.

I suggest for your own sanity why dont you shift to Saudi Arabia cos there all women wear hijab outdoors including non muslims and there men and women have strict code of conduct to follow.

I sincerely wish you shift to Saudi Arabia...then see if you come running back to India!

Last edited:
Be happy..even great sages were tempted by Apsaras..may be you are being tested by God.

So stay blessed.

madam, you are again digressing. I am not complaining that women are tempting me. I am raising concern about a change in trend which is not for the better.

dress styles must change. many other things must change of course. but within limits of decency, decorum, ethics, etc so that culture is not eroded.

again, in my opinion, 'great sages were tempted...' is just a myth, fiction and I dont buy such stories.

Last edited:
Dear Gyana Sunyam ji....

In my set I never set a dress code for my nurses..I let them wear what they wanted.
Since they are all muslim they wear hijab and covered clothes.

So such a problem never arised in my set up.

I suggest for your own sanity why dont you shift to Saudi Arabia cos there all women wear hijab outdoors including non muslims and there men and women have strict code of conduct to follow.

I sincerely wish you shift to Saudi Arabia...then see if you come running back to India!

I am aware of such strict dress codes for women in Saudi. I need not go there. I wish such strict codes visit India.

madam, you are again digressing. I am not complaining that women are tempting me. I am raising concern about a change in trend which is not for the better.

dress styles must change. many other things must change of course. but within limits of decency, ethics, etc so that culture is not eroded.

again, in my opinion, 'great sages were tempted...' is just a myth, fiction and I dont buy such stories.

Ok..do this..do the Gandhari...that is blindfold yourself so that you are spared the agony of the mammary.

There is a saying that goes...that which is found in the Mahabharat is found in the world and that which is not found in the Mahabharat is not found anywhere.

So please blindfold yourself..who knows you might adopt S&M.

I am aware of such strict dress codes for women in Saudi. I need not go there. I wish such strict codes visit India.

Ok

So start such dress code at your home...all female members should don the hijab.

You dress like a Sheikh.

New name for you

Sheikh Hikmah As Sifr ..meaning Sheikh Gyana Sunyam

Hikmah=Wisdom(Gyana)
AL = The
AL becomes AS if followed by letter Sin
Sifr= Zero(Sunyam)

Last edited:
if you are in madras, please visit the campuses of IT majors in mahindra city, sholinganallur etc. and infer for yourselves please.

Dear G.S Sir

Obviously they may prefer to visit Miami, instead of Chennai.

They wish to visit this Chennai based site only to project themselves as a protector of 'Modern feminism '. lol

May be love to read Play boy, Rolling Stone,etc and go through the pleasure of looking at Jennifer Ariston scoring an iconic GQ cover by
wearing nothing but a tie. lol

Hmmmmmm. There is only one solution to keep the Indian culture in tact!!
icon3.png

G S should become the P M of India and impose a rule that females with showy dresses would be punished. :whip:

Only face, palms and feet of females could be left uncovered! And....... dress should NOT be too tight or too loose! :cool:

Dear G.S. Sir,

For that matter, you need not become the P.M.,

We have a Minister for Tourism who has already cautioned the tourists...

May be this implies to locals also..

Female tourists should not wear revealing clothing or go out at night, India's tourism minister says

India’s cultural and tourism minister has said female tourists visiting the country should not wear skirts and other ‘skimpy’ clothes, in order to ensure their safety.

He also said that they should refrain from going out at night.

For their own safety, women foreign visitors should not wear short dresses and skirts. Indian culture is different from western culture” said Mahesh Sharma on Sunday in Agra, the city of the Taj Mahal.

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uld-not-wear-revealing-clothing-or-go-out-at/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back