• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is the reason for love/ intercaste marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I don't know whether this is feasible or not, but one way to manage this process is to have wikipedia like page that all of us can go edit and contribute with one or two people approving the edits and managing the process. Praveen may comment on this. If this is not possible in TB.com, perhaps we can setup a wikipedia page for this purpose, but then I don't know how we can control content edits.

Cheers!

Hi, I don't know whether this is feasible or not, but one way to manage this process is to have wikipedia like page that all of us can go edit and contribute with one or two people approving the edits and managing the process. Praveen may comment on this. If this is not possible in TB.com, perhaps we can setup a wikipedia page for this purpose, but then I don't know how we can control content edits.

Cheers!
I do not know about these technicalities. If this can be done, well and good; otherwise we may resort to the most basic approach as stated in your previous post. Will you kindly provide the start with the items/topics to be included and the probable sequence of the paragraphs?

i think finding bride or bridegroom
in websites
is not good choices
it is because maybe the details of person can be fraud
can be not true
so than searching websites
we should meet the person direct

sign,

i personally know atleast 6 such marriages, all in the past 3 years, initiated through e-harmony or shaadi.com. all these happen to be desi youngsters living in north america, who have a busy study or work life, who would like to know their spouses very well before tying the knot.

the process goes somewhat like this: ad placed either by parents or the youngster. once an interest is expressed, and if the other party wishes to proceed further, the youngsters meet. it is a process conducted solely by the young people, till such time, they feel that either they wish to get married or part ways.

all the parties are hindus of indian heritage. across caste, state and language lines.

keeping it at the youth level, makes it easy for calling it off, if further along the relationships, incompatible qualities are discovered on either side.

all these internet intiated marriages have been successful here in usa or canada. the key factor, is not to rush through the process.

our tambram culture's maxim has been, not to waste time, between ponn paarkkal and the wedding ceremony. if we don't adhere to it, and instead, trust time to sort out the differences and any hidden truths, then there is a good chance, that the marriage has a good chance of success.

i think the key to the success of internet marriage, is to spend time, to get to know the other party well. in my experience,it takes about 2 years. not sure, if this is possible in an indian environment.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was in Tirupathy. There I witnessed few marriages two of them were Brahmin girls and two Non Brahmins who bore Namam on their forhead may be Chettaiar and Naidus. Only Boys' relations were there and from the face and the pronunsation the girl let I felt one was from Kovai / Palghat., and other from Villipuram. Few relations accompanied me in Que. They said they already informed about the marriage to her parents and sent the invitations through their uncle. One boy is Marketing executive aged 30 or 31., the girls age is 23/24., the other the boy is from Tirunelveli/ Virudu Nagar Nadar like face who is stout and 5 feet 6" may be 5'8" and the grooms relations looked like gowndars the women wore sarees like gowndars.

They said they own a fancy shop where the girl use to visit regularly.

May be the grooms earn more money., and the parents of the brides might have rejected now, but may be in later stage may go and join with them and the brides parents saved few lakhs of rupees that might have spent in wedding.

Now tell me who is responsible?

Dear Shri.Ramachandran,
The two marriages (which you happen to notice during your visit to Tirupathy) will at least allow both the married couple to remain within
Hindu religion.If the girls happen to choose boys from other religions,invariably they will convert to the other religion in course of time and their children will also follow the religion of the parents.Even if brahmin boys marry girls from other religion,it happens in most of the cases that the brahmin boys get converted to the other religion just to have peaceful married life.
Too much liberty and freedom is available in Hindu way of life while in other religions there is lot of discipline and control and they generally listen to their religious leaders.In hinduism we have too many modern GURUS attracting sizeable number of followers which has weakened the authority of established conventional orthodox mutts like Sankara mutt,Ahobilam mutt .
Recently I had to stay in a Muslim house in Sacremento,California with my grand daughters(twins 8 months old) from morning till evening as my son and daughter in law had to be out on business.The family is personally known to my son.I was interacting with an elderly gentleman in the house(82 years old). He left Hyderabad(India) for Pakistan in 1947 and settled in Karachi.His children first moved to Saudi Arabia and then to USA.He and his wife are staying with first son in Sacremento.
Whenever time for Prayer approaches,the local mosque is connected to their computer through which they are able to hear and also do NAMAZ.
Some guests came to their house by evening with their kids.
The old man excused himself from our discussions stating that he has to do Namaz.I saw a total of 15 members(including Guests) doing Namaz in the main hall of their house.I was really surprised that they do not miss their prayers. We, Hindus, do not have such a discipline.We are trained to adjust to any situation.So there is nothing one can do if Boys and Girls from Hindu religion loves Girls/Boys from other religion and ultimately gets converted to the other religion.
Another disturbing News,I heard from a reliable source from DALLAS
headquarters of Evangelists, that sizeable Number of brahmins are getting converted to Christian faith on false promises that their wards will get admission to minority educational institutions.They are allowed to have culture like brahmins but will worship Jesus Christ and to avoid embarrassment they are allowed to worship in their own houses and to have separate worship place for them.Since there will be no change in their outward look, none will be able to even find that they have changed faith.

Last edited:
Dear Shri.Ramachandran,
The two marriages (which you happen to notice during your visit to Tirupathy) will at least allow both the married couple to remain within
Hindu religion.If the girls happen to choose boys from other religions,invariably they will convert to the other religion in course of time and their children will also follow the religion of the parents.Even if brahmin boys marry girls from other religion,it happens in most of the cases that the brahmin boys get converted to the other religion just to have peaceful married life.
Too much liberty and freedom is available in Hindu way of life while in other religions there is lot of discipline and control and they generally listen to their religious leaders.In hinduism we have too many modern GURUS attracting sizeable number of followers which has weakened the authority of established conventional orthodox mutts like Sankara mutt,Ahobilam mutt .

BK,

it is because of mutts like kanchi, that we are still thinking ourselves as brahmins, pillais, gounders and parayars instead of thinking as hindus.
we had some heated posts here in this thread, and if you peruse them, you will find how strong the caste feeling is with us.
there was a swayamvaram conducted under the auspicies of this forum - almost unanimously none of the parents wished for intercaste marriages.

you see, that we as hindus do not have werewithals to accommodate marriages within within our own religion. so we literally push our children
if they want to marry someone from other faiths, into the alien way of life.

one refreshing change i found, was when actor surya married jyothika, even though she was a muslim, she adopted the gounder way of life. i found
it refreshing than finding our actors embracing other faiths.

just to tell you how backward our thinking is - just today, my nephew had an alliance rejected because of saha gothram. and these are people with
double degrees from western universities. enlightenment has not even scratched our surface. i have lost hope.

BK,

it is because of mutts like kanchi, that we are still thinking ourselves as brahmins, pillais, gounders and parayars instead of thinking as hindus.
we had some heated posts here in this thread, and if you peruse them, you will find how strong the caste feeling is with us.
there was a swayamvaram conducted under the auspicies of this forum - almost unanimously none of the parents wished for intercaste marriages.

you see, that we as hindus do not have werewithals to accommodate marriages within within our own religion. so we literally push our children
if they want to marry someone from other faiths, into the alien way of life.

one refreshing change i found, was when actor surya married jyothika, even though she was a muslim, she adopted the gounder way of life. i found
it refreshing than finding our actors embracing other faiths.

just to tell you how backward our thinking is - just today, my nephew had an alliance rejected because of saha gothram. and these are people with
double degrees from western universities. enlightenment has not even scratched our surface. i have lost hope.
hi kunjuppu,
i give some few points...just for thought.....
1, we r not ready for any new adventure in personal life.....
2, we feel it like this if anything happen to parents/children out of saha gothram....every blames each other....really a blame game in the
family....
3 , so called we r many conservatives/liberals/neo conservatives in the family....
4, if our children marry from christian or muslim/jewish.....we try to accomodate for the sake of children...but within hindu..its different
matter in approach.....
5, even we can give advice to other....in reality....personally disagrees....
6 LIFE IS TO LIVE.....NOT FOR SUICIDE.....
7 MARRIAGE IS FOR HAPPIINESS.....NOT FOR TESTING SELF LIFE...LIKE AGNI PARIKSHAI.....
8 every community in the world wants within communities.....the whole world war II history ....hitler's aryan superiority against jews....
9 CHANGING IS INEVITABLE...IT TAKES TIMES....DONT LOST HOPE....SOMETIMES WE MAY NOT IN THEWORLD TO WITNESS THE CHANGES..
10 MAY BE AFTER 100 YEARS MANY NEW THINGS WILL HAPPEN....LIKE OUR MODRERN MUSLIM ARAB WORLD EMERGING INTO NEW WAY....

who knows? what next?

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back