• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A new view on reason for #corruption in india

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
In delhi airport, if one stays patient and not act anxious, one can avail the pick up.

The trick is to act as if you are not in a hurry to go anywhere.

I always avail the pick up facility and found no real problem.

In fact I have enjoyed going around the country with one leg plastered upto knee.

People are so helpful and kind.

I felt like the hero of the film 'pitchaikaran'.lol

biswa

You know RRji, even auto drivers in chennai once you say you are local act more reasonably.My wife is from chennai and I let her handle them . In delhi it is the reverse as

this is my hometown.Also we should not flaunt our wealth and instead act as one of them. Then they will be extra kind and share their cup of woes.Life has got expensive and

poor are badly hit by skyrocketing prices of essential items of daily needs.So most try to optimise and overcharge chose they think who can afford it.

Krishji,

Please do not defend these people. Whether they are poor or not, doesn't give them a right to be dishonest and harrass passengers. Why is it justified to only treat locals well?

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
.......Please do not defend these people. Whether they are poor or not, doesn't give them a right to be dishonest and harrass passengers. Why is it justified to only treat locals well?
:nono: Biswa Sir; locals know how to bargain! :blah:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Even indian govt charges differential rates for foreigners for entry into historical monuments, museums.

The rates are several times the rates for indian nationals.

Why not for local travels also?

Most NRI come from countries with higher incomes and stronger currencies.A few rupees more is not going to hurt them much.

Even within india, small money is more valuable than in large metros.

One can have food at very cheap rates in small cities and villages.

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
Even indian govt charges differential rates for foreigners for entry into historical monuments, museums.

The rates are several times the rates for indian nationals..........
Yeah! Entry fee for Mahabalipuram shore temple is Rs. 10 for Indian nationals and Rs. 250 for others! :popcorn:

May be, the autowhallas learn from the Govt. and fleece the foreign passengers! :heh:

It is rightly said, 'mannan evvazhi; makkaL avvazhi!' :flock:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Even good hotels where foreign tourists and other well off stay.hotel arranges their own car for airport pick ups and drops and local tours. They are far expensive than

ordinary cabs by other operators. Many foreigners prefer them for safety reasons.Most do not mix much with locals.

Only foreign students and others on a budget mix with the locals. more often than not they end up with bad experiences in eateries,shops.

Southern cities are much safer for them

OP
OP
prasad1

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
I am appalled that even in this group there is no outrage at the culture of corruption.
Members are happy that others are getting fleeced. It is a sad commentary on us Indians.

Last edited:

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Prasadji

One can feel only bad and sad for the poor and not so well off who have to resort to petty corruption to fulfill their basic needs of food , clothes and house.

Should not one feel outraged that such disparities exist in incomes of the poor and the rich?

When the existing order has no answers to correct the disparities and the life of the poor is getting progressively worse in comparison with others, we should be thankful

that they are still law abiding and observe some rules and regulations.

We can at least feel for them and turn a blind eye to their small corruption if any and act a little more generous.

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
I am appalled that even in this group there is no outrage at the culture of corruption.
Members are happy that others are getting fleeced. It is a sad commentary on us Indians.
I am NOT happy, Prasad Sir! But truth is bitter, always!

Govt. shows the way to get more money from the N R I s and the citizens follow. It is a fact, though sad!

V

Vritra

Generally, briberyconstitutes acts of offering, receiving, giving or soliciting something to getwork done favourably. It is definedthat both giving as well acceptance are offences.
But it is people who committhe offence of giving bribe even to get small things happen to their advantage,lament about corruption all the time.
When are they going to stopoffering bribery…..?
Instead of talking aboutothers accepting bribery and corruption, will the members come forward to takea resolution that not to offer bribery to get works done out of the way…?

OP
OP
prasad1

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
Prasadji

One can feel only bad and sad for the poor and not so well off who have to resort to petty corruption to fulfill their basic needs of food , clothes and house.

Should not one feel outraged that such disparities exist in incomes of the poor and the rich?

When the existing order has no answers to correct the disparities and the life of the poor is getting progressively worse in comparison with others, we should be thankful

that they are still law abiding and observe some rules and regulations.

We can at least feel for them and turn a blind eye to their small corruption if any and act a little more generous.

We will agree to disagree on that.

If the corruption at the upper and middle level is wiped out, petty corruption will not be allowed. So corruption because of poverty is a myth.

If Government officers and police officers become honest they will make sure others are honest. Sadly that is not happening.

tbs

If the corruption at the upper and middle level is wiped out, petty corruption will not be allowed. So corruption because of poverty is a myth.

If Government officers and police officers become honest they will make sure others are honest. Sadly that is not happening.
hi

i agreed....both are accountable for corruption.....common man is suffering bezoz of these group of people...

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
Corruption happens because the well off people WANT to get things done by hook or crook! No one can be honest. :sad:

But there seems to be no solution because corruption is deep rooted now! I shall give an example.

Our metro water pipe line was given about 15 years back. Most of our colony people gave a bribe to the official (Rs. 10,000) to

get 3/4 inches pipe nipple instead of the allowed 1/2 inch. Ram refused and wanted to abide by rule. So, our pipe line was given

at an upper level than others, with 1/2 inch pipe nipple. Incoming water was scanty and after an year or so, stopped! When

reported, the corporation guys wanted us to give an application to 'rectify' this problem, with a payment of about Rs. 6,000.

When the work started, right from the guy came to dig the road kept on pestering for money; they won't commence the work
before getting it. So, about ten guys came for different work to give the line, and we ended up shelling out 30 K extra!! :faint:

This is an example of corporation corruption!

V

Vritra

hi

i agreed....both are accountable for corruption.....common man is suffering bezoz of these group of people...

There are also common men who sell their votes for a pocket of biryani and a cutting of IMFL and elect a politican and what can be expected from such politician......??

And no one talks about such common men.

V

Vritra

Corruption happens because the well off people WANT to get things done by hook or crook! No one can be honest. :sad:

But there seems to be no solution because corruption is deep rooted now! I shall give an example.

Our metro water pipe line was given about 15 years back. Most of our colony people gave a bribe to the official (Rs. 10,000) to

get 3/4 inches pipe nipple instead of the allowed 1/2 inch. Ram refused and wanted to abide by rule. So, our pipe line was given

at an upper level than others, with 1/2 inch pipe nipple. Incoming water was scanty and after an year or so, stopped! When

reported, the corporation guys wanted us to give an application to 'rectify' this problem, with a payment of about Rs. 6,000.

When the work started, right from the guy came to dig the road kept on pestering for money; they won't commence the work
before getting it. So, about ten guys came for different work to give the line, and we ended up shelling out 30 K extra!! :faint:

This is an example of corporation corruption!

I think legally offering bribe to get something done out of the way is also amounting to corruption. And it is the people who offer bribe talk more about corruption.

The proverb is charity beings at home. Such people who talk more about corruption HERE (more particularly in this Forum) should resolve first not to bribe anyone to get things done out of the way. Will they....?

V

Vritra

I think by oversight you seems to have missed out a section of common men who sell his votes during election. And later pay penalty for their misdeeds.. LOL

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Facing a similar issue of an underground cable becoming defective, I saw to it that demands for installing new cables were not conceded. The temporary cable over ground

were left unattended for over a month.I forced the local supplier to bury them instead of new cables.So a temporary jugaad. I refuse to bribe anyone just like that.When

municipal elections come a solution will be found without paying bribes.

OP
OP
prasad1

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
hi

The Western world has not found these methods. WHY?
The methods called JUGGUD by krishji seems unique to India, China, and underprivileged countries.

Brahmanyan

As per my understanding corruption flourishes because of delay in action and lack of understanding legal procedure. To swim against corruption we have to develop a lot of patience and perseverance. When my son purchased a car of PY registration from his uncle he told that he may have to pay Rs.2000/- to a tout in RTO office to get the change of registration and address.
I told him that if he permits I will try to do the job without any additional payment. Then I approached the concerned ARTO with prior appointment and explained my requirement and requested him to give the list of things to be done on my part to get the transfer done legally. The ARTO asked me to note down all the requirements and approach him once finished.

Well it took a lot of time to get cumbersome items from a NOC from Puducherry to other paper work from the original owner onwards. In the mean while due to frequent visits to ARTO, I created a rapport with him. He told me to get the address changed first paying required fees and get other documents in due course within six months.

Ultimately it took three months for me to get the new Bangalore registration number without paying a single pie extra to any one.

This experience is an eye opener for me to proceed legally for getting the work done in Government offices.

I admit my age may be a reason for this. Here in Karnataka still the people respect elderly and help.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks