• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

TAMIL Kutthu Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vallika :)

I started off with such enthu and speed like a sprinter....now like a marathon runner I'm running out of songs! :D. Not to worry, like Raghy mama I will wear my grandmother/father's shoes and post some.

Dear Amala and friends

If you run out of songs here is an idea - there are always vijay songs and songs choreographed by Prahbu Deva and Raghava Lawrence. And another suggestion, keep it a secret (google it) :)

Kind regards

Greetings.

This morning I posted a song on behalf of my grand father!:heh:

Here is the song on my behalf... (my quota for today? ! .... I will think of something else to break my quota tomorrow! :p ).

‪usilampatti‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

i have always loved this song. first time, i am seeing this on video.

the starting lines always fascinated me. what if the girls of usilampatti are so fertile, that even a side glance from a man would make them pregnant? it is a question more on feasibility, that dr. renuka can wonder and figure out the fertility score of these girls.

btw, i am yet to meet a girl from the said village, but you can bet, what would be my probing queries would be. hopefully the missus would not be around when this happens :)

here is the big dada of all kuthu songs... :)

‪thaiya thaiya‬‏ - YouTube

this song was a challenge to film. it takes place on a moving train, where even walking within the carriage is a challenge. these guys are on top of the train, performing gyrations.

apparently it was done bit by bit, and put together, with our hero, falling down flat a few times (which ofcourse did not transcript into the movie) :)

enjoy.

சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி..
சுராங்கனிக்க மாலு கெனா வா!
மாலு மாலு மாலு சுரங்கனிக்க மாலு

கூட்டத்திலே சின்ன பொண்ணு மாட்டிக்கிட்டாளாம்
கூட வந்த சின்ன பய்யன் இடிச்சி பாத்தானாம்!
மாட்டிக்கிட்ட சின்ன குட்டி மொறச்சி பாத்தாளாம்
இடிச்சி நின்ன சின்ன பய்யன் இளிச்சி நின்னானாம்!

ஊட்டியில மாமனுக்கு மலையில வீடு
ஊட்டுக்குள்ளே குளுரடிச்சா விஸ்கிய போடு!
சூடு கொஞம் ஏறிச்சின்னா சுதியில பாடு
ஜோடிக்கொரு பொண்ணிருக்கு டூயட்டு பாடு!

சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி..
சுராங்கனிக்க மாலு கெனா வா

மாடி வேட்டு மச்சானுக்கு ஒரு மாதிரி ஆசை
மதுரை வீரன் சாமிபோல ஆட்டுக்கடா மீசை!
வயசு வந்த பொண்ண பாத்து ஏங்குறாரு பேச
வம்பு செய்ற மாமனுக்கு காத்திருக்கு பூசை!

அரிசிருக்கு பருப்பிருக்கு ஆக்க முடியலே
அடுப்பிருக்கு நெருப்பிருக்கு சேக்க முடியலே!
ஆச பட்ட எல்லாத்தையும் கேக்க முடியலே
அடுத்த வீட்டு அத்த மகளை பாக்க முடியலே!

சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி..சுராங்கனி…

Song by Malaysia Vasudevan
Movie: Avar Yenakke Sontham

Dear Dr. Bharani
That was one time hit song of college campus.. once in my early school days, I went with my mama to his college for the college day celebration, there the boys were rehearsing this song for the day. Then I was no stop started singing the first two lines at home loudly all the time... my grandmom and amma had a tough time... just like, wherever you go our net work follows…I still remember... the music and the beats are perfect. Thank you for the song. Respects Anandi

Greetings.

This is a great குத்து song.. குத்து in lyrics, குத்து in presentation, குத்து in meaning... here is 'Bond Baby'!:pray:

(by the way, there are many குத்து songs in the right side menu too!).

‪Chinna Veeda Varatuma‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Last edited:
Greetings.

This is a great குத்து song.. குத்து in lyrics, குத்து in presentation, குத்து in meaning... here is 'Bond Baby'!:pray:

(by the way, there are many குத்து songs in the right side menu too!).

‪Chinna Veeda Varatuma‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Shri Raghy,

Indeed a kuththu song. I much like the music of this song with kuththu meaning and kuththu expressions.
. :)

Dear Valli and all,

The kuththu song of the day -17th July

One of my favorit, the best performances of Prabhu Deva -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIwuDzToLcg&feature=related

Chikku Bukku Chiku Bukku Raile....

Good song Ravi! Superb dance by both Prabhu Deva and his older brother!

These words in that song - doesn't it sound very true! Atleast my husband finds so and has never missed any opportunity to pull my leg :)
உங்க அப்பன் தேடுவான் மாப்பிள்ளை
டௌரி அதிகம் கேட்கலாம் ஆண்பிள்ளை
அதை வச்ச பின்புதான் பூமாலை
அப்படி ஒரு அவதி ஏம்மா?

இப்பவே கெடச்சத லவ் பண்ணா
நிக்கலாம் செலவின்றி மணப்பெண்ணா
அப்புறம் அவஸ்தைகள் கிடையாது
அப்பனின் சேமிப்பும் கரையாது

P.S. Yes, Ravi, the film 'M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi' is very good indeed!

Kind regards

Last edited:
Dear Kunjuppu

Without any doubt 'Thaka Thaiyya Thaiyya' is the dada of all kuthu songs! There have been many nights (and days) that I have fervently danced to it (sometimes my husband also joins me) :)

I particularly like the words - (no particular reason though!).

என் ஆறடி உயரத்தை அபகரிதாய்
உன் காலடியில் என்னைக்கனிய வைத்தாய்

The song 'Chudithat Aninthu Vantha' song is very beautiful - both the song and the pair! I like the verses -

போடா பொல்லாத பையா
நம் மேல் நாம் கொண்ட காதல்
அதை நீ ரெண்டாகப் பார்ப்பாயா?

Thank you very much for participating eagerly, it means so much to me :)

Kind regards

Dear Dr. Barani

சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி … சுராங்கனி..

This was/is a hit song and even during my school and college days this was the first song we used to sing on the bus on any excursion!

I have a cassette full of 'Konkini' songs and it resembles one of them!

Please keep contributing.

Kind regards

Good song Ravi! Superb dance by both Prabhu Deva and his older brother!

These words in that song - doesn't it sound very true! Atleast my husband finds so and has never missed any opportunity to pull my leg :)
உங்க அப்பன் தேடுவான் மாப்பிள்ளை
டௌரி அதிகம் கேட்கலாம் ஆண்பிள்ளை
அதை வச்ச பின்புதான் பூமாலை
அப்படி ஒரு அவதி ஏம்மா?

இப்பவே கெடச்சத லவ் பண்ணா
நிக்கலாம் செலவின்றி மணப்பெண்ணா
அப்புறம் அவஸ்தைகள் கிடையாது
அப்பனின் சேமிப்பும் கரையாது

P.S. Yes, Ravi, the film 'M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi' is very good indeed!

Kind regards

ஆமாம் வள்ளி, வாஸ்தவம் தான்...

A little bit from my side..
---------
காதல் கல்யாணம் பண்ணினால்

காசு எதுவும் கிடைக்காது
ஆச பட்ட பெண்ணை மணந்தால்
வாழ்க்கையில் வேதனை கிடையாது

சில்விஷம் நாங்க பண்ணுவோம்
அதுக்கு எதுவும் சொல்லுவோம்
அன்புக்கு நாங்க அடிமை தான்
இந்த வாழ்க்கைக்கு அருதம்மும் அதுவேதான்
-------------

தாங்கள் மனைவியாக இருபதுநாள், இந்த குறிப்பிட்ட வரிகளை கவநீர்தைகள். என்னை போல கல்யாணம் ஆகாத வாலிப பசங்க :), கவனிக்கும் வரிகள் -

நாங்கள் சைக்கிள் ஏறியே வந்தால் தான்
நீங்க மொடோர்பைக தான் பார்பெங்கே
நாங்க மொடோபைக்குல வந்தால்தான்
நீங்க மாருதிக்கு மாருவேங்க

நாங்க ஜீன்சு பான்டு தான் போட்டால்தான்
நீங்க பாக்கி பான்டு தான் பாபெங்க
நாங்க பாகி பான்டுள்ள வந்தாதான்
நீங்க வீடியதான் தேடுவேங்க

ஒண்ணுமே வெவரங்கள் புரியல்ல
என்னதான் புடிக்கொமோ தெரியல்ல
அன்புகள் ஆயிரம் அடிச்சாச்சு
மொத்ததில் பைத்தியம் புடிச்சாச்சு

LOL..

one of the characterestics of expat communities is community based social clubs. and amateur performance.

everyone's child gets a chance to go on the stage, watched by the loving admiring eyes of the parents. and sometimes the adults get a chance too.

i have more than once, been surprised to the extent of falling off the chair, at the sight of ordinary friends, suddenly on the stage, dancing to the words of some raunchy tamil songs. being couple in real life, also, they believe, gives them licence, to act 'licentous' somewhat in public, kuc to the titillation of their friends.

soooo, even though i do not have the original, here is a version of a nice kuthu song, performed obviously, by a young expat, somewhat overweight couple, outside of india. this i think, gave me more enjoyment than the original mgr/jayalalitha version.

‪SOCAL Tamil Family Day 2010- Pudhusa Katti Dance by SriRam & Janani‬‏ - YouTube

i enjoyed the raw casual and yet the fun intended performance of the sriram/janani of southern california tamil association, 2010 family day celebration. quite sure they had a good one there.

below, is the same song, in a more formal situation. ie airtel jodi contest. good looking couple and lots of people to gawk ;)

‪Airtel Top Jodi: Prasanna, Gayathri 'Nanga Pudusa Kattikita Jodi Thanungo'‬‏ - YouTube

மதுரைக்கு போகாதேடீ

i came across this piece by accident on the youtube.

these could be my nieces in today's tamil nadu, and i would have a tough time, if i had to judge which is prettiest. they all look so good, handsome, fun loving and above all confident.

nothing like to watch a bunch of girls having fun together. not like the boys, whose tendency usually flits on and off over the fairer sex. while girls may do the same, they also indulge in pure fun loving activities. just like this song.

hope you enjoy it as much as i did...

‪Dance by Janani, Geetha and Suganya for Maduraiku pogathey dee from Azhagiya Tamil magan‬‏ - YouTube

the title was probably appropriate, during the time of alagiri rule there ;)

.. and here is the original with vijay/shriya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrtPsW1_P1E

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back