• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

TAMIL Kutthu Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri. Raghy

Both the songs you have posted are good numbers and I know both by rote!!!

Chandrababu songs are quite unique and there is one particular song of him that I like very much and will post it soon under 'Beautiful Tamil songs'.

Kind regards

Sowbagyavathy Dear Renuka, Greetings.

I waited for you to post this song!

All time great.....

Raaga Jukebox

Cheers!

Yes I love this song(Bambara Kannale from Kandasamy..En Peru Meena Kumari)Raghy ji..I still remember the look of happiness on my husbands face when I danced this for him on his birthday last year and he couldnt resists to join in at the "Ok Boss Lets Listen to the Rhythm of Chennai" line.

Last edited:
This is a very naughty song that I like (you know what Renu, with regards to songs we seem to be similar - we like songs on the extreme of spectrums and in between, isn't it? :))

Yes its true,it has lots of double meaning and you are right ,I am very bipolar in the choice of music.

When I was younger as a teen,one moment I will be singing bhajans like an angel quietly playing the harmonium and the next moment I will be playing some hot numbers on my piano and even get up on the table to sing.

Now I see my son has this habit of standing on the table singing Justins Bieber's Baby Baby.

My song for today is from Dhool and Vikrams is just too good here!!!

‪Dhool Dhool - Dhool.flv‬‏ - YouTube

I have seen that song Ravi, good kuthu indeed! Is the girl in that song the one who also danced in 'Sirichu Sirichu Vandhan Cheena Thaana'?

Kind regards

Dear Valli,

Sirki Sirichu Vantha Seena Thaana Doi, is by Rahasiya

The item no. - Aasai Dosai Appalam Vadai, is by Raveena..

circa early 1960s, the music twins viswanathan ramamurthy, used to have live concerts almost every month.

this one happened in the open air, national girls high school compound triplicane. the radio ceylon disc jockey myilvaganama was visiting chennai, and was the emcee for this concernt.

policekaran magal music was just released. l.r.easwari and chandrababu, came live on te stage, and stood embarassingly close to each other, and belted out this tune, with a touch of oodal and flirtying between them, giving the audience additional treat, in addition to a perfect chemistry between the pair.

almost 50 years ago, and still i can close my eyes and relive this scene. the awesome ambience of open air, the gentle sea breese wafting through the buildings, the warm sunny starry night and the 30 piece or so musical troupe.:)

so here goes, ....go to the website below, and click on 'porandhaalum ambilayi' :)

Policekaran Magal Songs - Policekaran Magal Tamil Movie Songs - Tamil Songs Lyrics Trailer Videos, Preview Stills Reviews

Last edited:
வா வாத்யாரே ஊட்டாண்டே! நீ வராங்காட்டி நான் உடமாட்டேன்!
ஜாம்பஜார் ஜக்கு! நான் சைதாப்பேட்ட கொக்கு!
ஜாம்பஜார் ஜக்கு நான் சைதாப்பேட்ட கொக்கு

வாராவதிலே நின்னுகினிருந்தேன் அமராவதியாட்டம்
சைட்டடிச்சு நீ ஜகா வாங்கினே அம்பிகாபதியாட்டம்
லவ்வாப் பாத்து சோக்கா பேசி டேக்கா குடுத்தே பின்னாலே
சர்தான் வாம்மா கண்ணு படா பேஜாராச்சி நின்னு
அட சர்தான் வாம்மா கண்ணு படா பேஜாராச்சி நின்னு

வா வாத்யாரே ஊட்டாண்டே நீ வராங்காட்டி நான் உடமாட்டேன்

நைனா! உன் நினப்பாலே நான் நாஸ்தா துன்னு நாளாச்சு
நைனா ஆ...
மச்சான் ஒன் மூஞ்சேப் பாத்து ஜால்னா நெனப்பு வந்தாச்சு!
அட மச்சான் ஆ........!
மச்சான் ஒன் மூஞ்சேப் பாத்துஜால்னா நெனப்பு வந்தாச்சு!

ஆயா கடை இடியாப்போன்னா பாயாக்கறியும் நீயாச்சு!
வாவா மச்சான் வா மச்சான்
வாவா மச்சான் வா மச்சான்
வாவா மச்சான் ஒண்ணா சேந்து வாராவதிக்கே போவலாம்!

வா வாத்யாரே ஊட்டாண்டே நீ
வராங்காட்டி நான் உடமாட்டேன்

Dear Valli and all,

This is the Kuththu paattu of the day - 15th July, 2011, from my side..

‪En Uchi Mandaila - Vettaikaaran‬‏ - YouTube

En Uchi Mandaila Surrrungiruthu...Unnai Naa Paakaila Girrungiruthu..Kitte Nee Vandhaale Virrrungiruthu.... Dorrrungiruthu.., LOL

Good selection, Ravi! Vijay is a good dancer and in his films there will be many good dance numbers!

I like the dances choreograhped by Prabhu Deva and Raghava Lawrence.

Kind regards

Dear Dr. Barani

I like that song 'வா வாத்தியாரே'. I used to sing it (only the first few lines though) during my school days. I know that Manorama has acted in it. Is Nagesh the other person? Can you also please tell us what film is it from?

Thanks for your contribution. I really appreciate the effort you took to post the whole song in Tamil for us!

Kind regards

Hey Amala

Once again I tell you that you have a good taste for kuthu songs! 'O Podu' was a super hit isn't it?

A funny incident behind it - we bought the audio CD at that time and used to play it a lot at home. My daughter who was a late starter at speaking suddenly started stammering! Oh, we felt so worried and even consulted the doctor. It was my husband who pointed out to that song we play and suggested us not to play itfor some time. Funnily enough my daughter's stammering stopped! That silly, sweet girl had tried to imitate it! :)

'Kasumela Kasu vandhu' - the dance is unmatched! What a combination - Prabhu Deva and Kamal! Good choice Amala.

Kind regards

‪Sivaji The Boss - Vaaji Vaaji‬‏ - YouTube

orignal thalaivar here.

i was shocked to see midgets thrown around, and when i raised this a long time ago, in another eclectically intellectual forum, it was pointed out, that tamil people did not think it was an insult, and also this was a chance to make some money and fame for the actor concerned.

for a very long time, i never understood the meaning of the words. till i found THIS

Vaaji Vaaji (Translated into English)- Sivaji The Boss Lyrics « ?.i.ili.i….Dimsy’s Lyrics Database i.ili.i.?

enjoy :)

Dear Kunjuppu

Wow! That's an amazing improvement! You are one fast learner :)

'Vaji Vaji' does need a dictionary! You have done a great 'சேவை' to our members by including the link for English translation :)

For my part I am giving the meaning for two words in that song - 'ஆம்பல்' means water-lily, bamboo, the moon or கள்/toddy. 'மௌவல்' means wild jasmine, முல்லைப்பூ or lotus.

Kunjuppu I really like the preludes you give to your songs especially the ones you gave for 'அழகிய மிதிலை நகரினிலே' and 'பொறந்தாலும் ஆம்பளையா'.
Keep it up, Kunjuppu!

Kind regards

வா வாத்யாரே ஊட்டாண்டே! நீ வராங்காட்டி நான் உடமாட்டேன்!
ஜாம்பஜார் ஜக்கு! நான் சைதாப்பேட்ட கொக்கு!

சர்தான் வாம்மா கண்ணு படா பேஜாராச்சி நின்னு
அட சர்தான் வாம்மா கண்ணு படா பேஜாராச்சி நின்னு

வா வாத்யாரே ஊட்டாண்டே நீ வராங்காட்டி நான் உடமாட்டேன்

நைனா ஆ...
மச்சான் ஒன் மூஞ்சேப் பாத்து ஜால்னா நெனப்பு வந்தாச்சு!
அட மச்சான் ஆ........!
மச்சான் ஒன் மூஞ்சேப் பாத்துஜால்னா நெனப்பு வந்தாச்சு!

வாவா மச்சான் வா மச்சான்
வாவா மச்சான் வா மச்சான்
வாவா மச்சான் ஒண்ணா சேந்து வாராவதிக்கே போவலாம்!

வா வாத்யாரே ஊட்டாண்டே நீ
வராங்காட்டி நான் உடமாட்டேன்

Dear Dr Barani,

Nice to see you joining us here.Hope to see you more and I am awaiting more songs from you.

I dedicate this song to you.LOL!!

‪Ithunundu Muthathulla‬‏ - YouTube

Dear Friends

My contribution for today is the song 'ஆதிச்சு ஆதிச்சு இது New way ஆத்திச்சூடி' from the film 'TN 07 AL 4777'. Music by Vijay Antony and the dancer is Dinesh.

‪Athichudi song (HQ) - TN 07 AL 4777 Surangani remix ft. Dinesh (Kollywood version)‬‏ - YouTube

There are other youtube links to this song where the print is very good but I also take care in giving links which don't have rude comments under them!

Kind regards

P.S. Renu and Anandi - waiting for your today's contribution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back