• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Retirement Communities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Krish Sir,

Somehow you seem to hate retirement resorts (r.r)!

I have found these facts from friends who have settled in r.rs:

1. Childless couple opt to move to r.r
on 20 years lease because they need not bother about the enhancement of the value deposited.

(Anyway, one of their relatives may be the beneficiaries / the sum is to be donated!)

2. Those who wish to give monetary benefit to children opt for ownership cottage / apartment, since real estate value escalates!

3. The affluent seniors opt for a r.r according to their taste - only brahmins; all communities; posh surroundings etc.

4. Those who spend half of the year abroad with their children can lock up their cottage and be tension free because of security.

5. Those who wish to participate in bhajans and listen to discourses wish to settle down in r. rs with such groups.

P.S: If the mAmA is very choosy about food, then his better half is left to NO other option than settle in r.rs which allow self cooking!
It is true that I do not like retirement homes.
It is not per se the facilities they offer or do not offer.
it is just the thought ,that senior citizens require to be segregated from others and stay with people of their age group alone in locations a little away from cities.
senior citizen who have contributed to bringing up and well being of their children deserve a better deal than this in evening of their life
senior citizen should not feel helpless and be at any ones mercy.
why do these guys think of age alone all the time and become drop outs.there is so much to living other than bhajans and discourses
though their children evade/avoid looking after them, they still think of leaving retirement property or giving them some benefits. due to their ownership of resorts etc.
india has changed a lot. brahmins need not be anymore conform to stereo types and become discards and wait for a lonely death in retirement homes
instead , they an contribute actively to society at large utilising their ability,talents and money[in case of affluents] for their own and societies'' betterment.

Last edited:
hi

many parents are opting retirement communities/old age home not for selfish choice...its sometimes very neccesity to survive....

but sometimes difference of opinion between kids/parents.....sometimes old parents need freedom/independent.....so every

situation is unique....we can not compare with old genration parents with modern parents.....kids are very different too

sometimes daughter /son may like to keep parents with them.....but daughter in law/son in law different..recently i saw

an ad abt A/C in sun tv during morning news....abt a son in law with father in law ad....so its tough situations with tough

decisions......its not their choice...may be an alternative.....
TBS ji
I can see what you are driving at
if parents require freedom from children , they should make a statement by living independantly without hanging on to children.one is as free as
one internally feels . but running into a retirement home is not exercising ones freedom.
if they have confidence ,senior citizens can survive anywhere
blaming daughter in law or son in law is common in brahmin community. there are ground rules for living togather . I wish they are understood by parents and children before marriage itself. with ladies ,the problem starts in the occupation of kitchen space and extends to looking after the grand children.and customs and rituals to be observed.
human relationships are delicate like china. one has to make an effort to make relationships work. reciprocity plays a huge role in relationship. those who care for others always get cared for as a philosophy. it is my belief.

Today I heard about a lady with catering as her main business, who has taken three huge houses for rent, to set up r.rs.

In the r.r in our area, there is a huge corridor (about 40' X 8' ) to enable the elders to walk peacefully, without the

hindrance of the city traffic. One big hall accommodates about 8 single ladies and one room for a couple (12' X 12' ).

The first floor has similar construction, where 8 single males and one couple stay. The charges are very nominal - 8K

per month. I was amazed at the lady's desire to help the needy, without expecting much profit! :thumb:

I have been reading with interest, all the views (pros and cons) expressed . So I thought, why not you hear the views from the 'horse's mouth' itself , me and hubby who have already lived more than 6 months in a senior citizen resort (I can't call it 'home' as I have a wonderful life here) ..

See, we have come here just by chance - let me tell you a glimpse of whatever happened that made us take up to retirement resort life. We had a three story row apartment in chennai with a privete terrace. When we purchased the same we were young and had lot of plans like terrace garden, having terrace gettogethers etc. But when we got little old, the house became a burden on us particularly when we return from a long stay abroad. The maid even though we pay for the time we were abroad still will ditch us on the day we return and chennai being a dusty city, the whole day we will spent cleaning the dust from nook and corner, jetlog or no jetlog.

So when our sons suggested to shift to bangalore, we readily agreed and disposed off the chennai one and booked an apartment in Bangalore As the apartment completion was to be in April 2014, we were looking for a rental accommodation as we needed to keep our own household goods somewhere which will not fit in our son's home.

But chance had it that I met someone in a train journey from Bombay to bangalore, she told me about this retirement resort and how nice they feel to stay in there. She also promised to get us an apartment on rent as her friend who is abroad wanted to let her apartment on rent.​
Voila !! we thought, this is what we want. Instead of Shelling out more than Rs. 30000/- as rent and maintenance for a two bed room apartment with 11 month’s rent as deposit and also lots of stringent conditions for a bangalore apartment, why not we temporarily shift to the retirement resort where we are given​
1) Two bedroom hall, kitchenette apartment with 24 hours electricityRO water/security for Rs. 11000/- (Rs. 7000/- rent + Rs. 3800/- maintenance)​
2) Food from morning coffee, breakfast, lunch,evening coffee with small snacks/biscuits and night one tiffin and curd rice costing Rs. 125/- per person (Now increased to Rs. 150/- per person) total as of today coming to Rs, 9000/- per month per couple.​
3) No servant problem, total security, walking space coving more than one KM per round/GYM/ Temple/Recreation hall with carom boards, chess boards, card playing /Meditation hall which converts into movie theatre or function hall/ a temple / 24 hours nurse with a manager who lives in the complex in case of emergency, doctor visits every day-​
4) Ironing facility, tailoring, beautician etc coming to the dorr​
5) Fruits and day to day grocery/personal requirements come to the resort weekly and there is Nilgiris Mall at walking/or Autoing distance.​
My first question to my train friend was ‘only bhajans or anuthing else also available – her reply ‘we have total fun –playing carom/ cards/ gappa maraoing (chitchatting) – Moreover one is not required to compulsorily take food in the mess.. they can have five days break when proportionate discount is given, a couple can take one dabba and prepare something at home..​
So life is total fun for ladies who have got rid of the myth that ‘Kitchen is my Kingdom and I enter my hubby’s heart through his mouth”.​
This is one place where you can see ladies gappamaaroing (chit chatting) while hubbies take the wet clothes to the terrace to hang them for drying. I can write and write about the good things but all is not rosy too.. Sometimes food gets monotonous, sometimes people grumble, we see more sick people than we see outside, we see more deaths too.. But if everything is taken in the stride it is really great. As one resident put it "[FONT=&quot]இங்கே வந்தா[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]கல்யாணமும்[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]சீமந்தமுமா[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]பார்க்க முடியும்.. உடம்பு[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]சரியில்லாமல்[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]தான் போகும்.. சாவு வரத்தான் செய்யும்.. நாம்ப[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]இன்னிக்கு[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]நன்னா இருக்கோம். அதை நெனைச்சு சந்தோஷப் படுவியா[/FONT]?​
Even our sons and dils when they come here and saw how we are enjoying accepted our view point.​
We came here to stay just for 6 months but now we want to continue further. Just to show how we are enjoying I am attaching herewith a videoas well as some pics .I can go on and on writing how we are enjoying..Moreover, we have started feeling younger and have time to do whatever we wanted to do too.

But as Krish put, each to his/her own views and what I like, I should not expect others to like too. But in order to give a 'in depth' description of life in a retirement resort where we live, i have given a ll..........................ong l.................ng brief !!

[video=youtube;OuB7FPJz1pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OuB7FPJz1pw[/video]

https://picasaweb.google.com/108845607494881874334/Fcamp1516March2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCOjBx_mYv7HwhQE

The one in blue T shirt ropewalking at the height of more than 18ft. is Krishnamoorthy, my hubby and me ofcourse encouaging him from down !!!

related but not to the topic...

my nephew in singapore recently married, bought a flat under construction. since he/spouse, are buying their first home, the singapore government throws in a lot of freebies and concessions.

i do not remember the exact details, but he got a break in the cost, due to the fact, that the new flat, was within a couple of kilometres from his parents' house. the singapore govt views the proximity of the grownup children to the ageing parents as a key necessity, in their strategy for caring of old people :)

all this, in a country state, so small in size too...i dont know what is the farthest point to point in singpo, but i was pleasantly surprised about this.

.i dont know what is the farthest point to point in singpo, but i was pleasantly surprised about this.

I think Singapore is about 40 Kms X 20 Kms approx. Compare that to Canada!

I don't know if the children can look after the elderly even if they are close by.

Possibly I will die before I retire.

I know how hard it is to look after the elderly. I will not ask my children to do it for me.

I am glad to see a sensible discussion about old age accommodations instead of complaining about children not look after the elderly.

A list of Retirement Communities in and around Coimbatore.

Vanaprastha Group - These seem to be fully occupied. We do not see any advertisement for these. - Prominently Brahmin.

Brindavan - Again it is full. They are booking for the expansion where there are a few cottages available. Not many. - Predominantly Brahmin.

Melur Meadows - Mettupalayam - A naturopathy Resort cum Retirement Village - No age restrictions for admission - Cottages available.

Taapovan Senior Citizen's foundation - Exclusively Brahmin - Cottages available - Agraharam style.

Nana Nani (Aranya) Homes - Basically caters to the well off. Exclusive cottages available. A number of facilities have been promised.

Serene Retirement Communities - Basically caters to the well off. A large number of Apartments and cottages. A number of facilities have been promised.

The last two resemble the housing complexes and gated communities of the Metropolitan cities.

I will be listing more Communities later.

A list of Retirement Communities in and around Coimbatore.

Vanaprastha Group - These seem to be fully occupied. We do not see any advertisement for these. - Prominently Brahmin.

Brindavan - Again it is full. They are booking for the expansion where there are a few cottages available. Not many. - Predominantly Brahmin.

Melur Meadows - Mettupalayam - A naturopathy Resort cum Retirement Village - No age restrictions for admission - Cottages available.

Taapovan Senior Citizen's foundation - Exclusively Brahmin - Cottages available - Agraharam style.

Nana Nani (Aranya) Homes - Basically caters to the well off. Exclusive cottages available. A number of facilities have been promised.

Serene Retirement Communities - Basically caters to the well off. A large number of Apartments and cottages. A number of facilities have been promised.

The last two resemble the housing complexes and gated communities of the Metropolitan cities.

I will be listing more Communities later.
hi nachi sir,

thanks...is it tapovan foundation belongs to chinmaya mission?...just curious...

TBS ji
I can see what you are driving at
if parents require freedom from children , they should make a statement by living independantly without hanging on to children.one is as free as
one internally feels . but running into a retirement home is not exercising ones freedom.
if they have confidence ,senior citizens can survive anywhere
blaming daughter in law or son in law is common in brahmin community. there are ground rules for living togather . I wish they are understood by parents and children before marriage itself. with ladies ,the problem starts in the occupation of kitchen space and extends to looking after the grand children.and customs and rituals to be observed.
human relationships are delicate like china. one has to make an effort to make relationships work. reciprocity plays a huge role in relationship. those who care for others always get cared for as a philosophy. it is my belief.
hi krish ji sir,

i agree with u...i can understand ur view point too...but every one is not so lucky ....

exactly....human relationships are very delicate....its my own experiences...i like to be more with more ppl always...

sorrounding with more than 35 cousins....but once we dont have enough money ....then these relationship makes

different outlook....now im living in a different continent...with out any relationship with cousins...now money is there...

but relationships are not here....so human relationships are very delicate..its true...

related but not to the topic...

my nephew in singapore recently married, bought a flat under construction. since he/spouse, are buying their first home, the singapore government throws in a lot of freebies and concessions.

i do not remember the exact details, but he got a break in the cost, due to the fact, that the new flat, was within a couple of kilometres from his parents' house. the singapore govt views the proximity of the grownup children to the ageing parents as a key necessity, in their strategy for caring of old people :)

all this, in a country state, so small in size too...i dont know what is the farthest point to point in singpo, but i was pleasantly surprised about this.
singapore has a way of deciding what is good for the family'
you know ,to encourage newly weds they offer flats on rent or purchase immediately after marriage under a separate quota. their housing minister feels that youngsters should have a decent roof and would like them to have children to increase their population tension free in flats given to them. they have also put a limit on borrowings for flat purchase to ensure they do not get into debts on account of flat purchase.youngsters can plan and book a home 2-3 years before marriage so that they get the flats immediately on marriage.
the excellent thing they did in singapore is that the massive housing they undertook has enabled all citizens to get a flat easily. they have translated growth into massive welfare for its people. most local chinese have a flat and most are in the proces of getting homes for their children.Their housing flats all by govt are better than best flats by private builders in india ,the infrastructure they have developed around flats such as open spaces for parks,car parking and excellent roads and well connected metros make for a very decent living. they get power and filter water in taps all 24 hours a day. for civic services and water pay just 7 sing. dollars. gas refills within couple of hours on call. however domestic helps are expensive. about 9 sing. dollars per hour.mostly philipinos . they have strict employment quotas for low level jobs. the indian unskilled workers though get paid much better than in india maintain a poor lifestyle and live in ghettos of little india and are the most indisciplined of the lot. recently they had a race riot involving indians. they have closed all liquor joints in main roads of little india and city in these areas goes dead by 8pm. In you can put up with their harsh laws and discipline ,it may not be a bad place to live.

My Friends,

All of you have been ' WOW - WOW ' ing Singapore Yes neatness is thee, discipline is there. Government takes care of the needs of the people etc etc. But where is Life? where is humanity ? In Singapore every person is like a individual Robot making a Robot Government. Train runs in time even without a driver..Even the seats reserved for seniors/ pregnant ladies etc etc are never occupied even when they are vacant.. all this sounds good but when you travel in a train comfortably sitting in your reserved seat, you see

1) unsmiling, expressionless, silent faces robotically busy with their mobiles ..They are tuned to act at the time of emergency helping elders/ patients but human touch is missing. Even the kids are tuned to laugh or play to the level they are supposed to.

2) What you see from windows - just the walls of the tunnel through which the metro runs.. In contrast , when you travel in Indian trains you have the opportunity to see the greenery/buildings, humans and at times humans with dalda dabbas too.

After my stay in Sngapore , a city of concrete touching the skies, seeing the expressionless faces even when we say 'thank you'. I feel even the most crowded 'Ranganathan St' is far far better where you see humanity flowing.

Disclaimer : This is just my personal opinion and to be taken only as 'Personal Views of Sushi'

What about the 'Singapore smell', Sushi??

My sisters had nausea, soon after landing in Singapore!

They said even the lifts in the sky scrapers were stinking with non.veg smell! :yuck:

What about the 'Singapore smell', Sushi??

My sisters had nausea, soon after landing in Singapore!

They said even the lifts in the sky scrapers were stinking with non.veg smell! :yuck:

Dear RR ji,

Even though I am not too fond of Spore cos some people there tend to be icy cold and mechanical but when I went there I did not get any smell.

Its really a very very clean country ..much cleaner than India or even Msia..and people obey traffic rules to the dot but when the same people cross over to Msia they drive like dare devils!LOL

There is no non veg smell at all.BTW non veg food does not smell as in rotting etc..it has a different smell that's all.

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

May be tambram noses are too sensitive! :lol:

I dont think so cos in cases of funerals everyone attends and do not complain of non veg smell...a human body is also non veg when dead isnt it? That time emotions cloud the mind and the sense of smell does not work as much.

So basically its all in our mind,

Last edited:
My Friends,

All of you have been ' WOW - WOW ' ing Singapore Yes neatness is thee, discipline is there. Government takes care of the needs of the people etc etc. But where is Life? where is humanity ? In Singapore every person is like a individual Robot making a Robot Government. Train runs in time even without a driver..Even the seats reserved for seniors/ pregnant ladies etc etc are never occupied even when they are vacant.. all this sounds good but when you travel in a train comfortably sitting in your reserved seat, you see

1) unsmiling, expressionless, silent faces robotically busy with their mobiles ..They are tuned to act at the time of emergency helping elders/ patients but human touch is missing. Even the kids are tuned to laugh or play to the level they are supposed to.

2) What you see from windows - just the walls of the tunnel through which the metro runs.. In contrast , when you travel in Indian trains you have the opportunity to see the greenery/buildings, humans and at times humans with dalda dabbas too.

After my stay in Sngapore , a city of concrete touching the skies, seeing the expressionless faces even when we say 'thank you'. I feel even the most crowded 'Ranganathan St' is far far better where you see humanity flowing.

Disclaimer : This is just my personal opinion and to be taken only as 'Personal Views of Sushi'

i would say the same in singapore airlines flights. they have more flight attendants per seat, and give mechanical service - correct to the word, but no heart. i would take BA any day.

the immigrant tambrams, for them, singpo is an ideal place to live. 'meritocracy' whatever it means, rules. i have relations in high places there. all of them love it.

to a person, their children have opted to live in u.k. or u.s.a. except one, about whom, i mentioned, getting a flat in an earlier post.

My Friends,

the great attraction of singapore for tamil brahmins professionals is the salary which is 5000-6000 sing. dollars a month fora beginner with 2-3 years experience. the fixed working hours , easy short distance commuting by metro/bus and possibility of good home life without any civic or infrastructural or safety issues besides proximity to south India are its plus points. on negative side the authoritarian govt intrudes into your life controlling every aspect of living. most times you keep wondering which law you have broken even when you cross a street . no littering,no loitering plastered on metro walls. but if you reach out to them ,the blank faced local chinese melt [specially the oldies] and can be very human and helpful. I made the mistake of asking one the way to metro and he walked all the way with me about 1km to ensure I reach there.I have as a senior citizen never had to stand in the metro or bus.
singapore is a great place to be in during english or chinese new year. the way I could enjoy going around orchid street lighting or watching with lakhs of people the fireworks in marina bay on new year eve are lifetime memories.I could sit on the river front peacefully with lakhs and enjoy the fiereworks due to the discipline and excellent crowd management.all could comfortably sit and make their way back in local metros within minutes of end of event.
slowly singapore is tightening the rules for a permanent residency and getting choosey as to whom they will give the status.still there is an aparteid of sorts in MNCs whites [mostly australians,newzealand]for managerial and senior positions and indians for supervisoy or executive positons. singaporeans qualify for MNC jobs due to a reservation policy for locals. most indian are on P2 visas with a lucky few in P1 visa normally meant for highly paid whites.

continuing my last post
singapore is the springboard to south east asia . it can be a base for going to malaysia,thailand .bali ,indoneesia,laos vietnam.
singapore airlines is expensive unless one opts for silk air their low cost arm.
malaysian airlines with their wide bodied boeings are good. only after MH370 one shivers a bit about safety.only change over at kuala lampur is involved
indian carriers are terrible -not worth getting into.
I spend two weeks weeks every year in singapore and south east asea in summer or peak winter times of delhi . I have had only pleasant
experiences.it is ok for a holiday ,perhaps not south indian friendly
it is interesting . lot ofi ndians opt for singapore as study destination . but singaporeans like to go to UK or US for studies.
the local tamils workers[ low level] are mostly from southern tamilnadu. trichy is favoured destination for them. the most common carried luggage are large TVs and gold chains.they are mostly confident of getting them thru customs without duty.

Today I heard about a lady with catering as her main business, who has taken three huge houses for rent, to set up r.rs.

In the r.r in our area, there is a huge corridor (about 40' X 8' ) to enable the elders to walk peacefully, without the

hindrance of the city traffic. One big hall accommodates about 8 single ladies and one room for a couple (12' X 12' ).

The first floor has similar construction, where 8 single males and one couple stay. The charges are very nominal - 8K

per month. I was amazed at the lady's desire to help the needy, without expecting much profit! :thumb:
interesting.though a low cost option ,its plus point is proximity to city. large hall with 1 room for couples sounds like the waiting hall of railway stations.while the intention is noble ,this kind of crowding makes it appear similar to bachelor mansions of triplicane . have you transacted with anyone staying there .you seem to have a lot of experiences of these places.
I also have had weird experience of visiting the Therasa "s home for terminally old . and their home for abandoned babies in delhi.one returns home with a heavy heart seeing these abandoned lot.even the most thick skinned get mentally affected after seeing them in their miserable state.

I have been reading with interest, all the views (pros and cons) expressed . So I thought, why not you hear the views from the 'horse's mouth' itself , me and hubby who have already lived more than 6 months in a senior citizen resort (I can't call it 'home' as I have a wonderful life here) ..

See, we have come here just by chance - let me tell you a glimpse of whatever happened that made us take up to retirement resort life. We had a three story row apartment in chennai with a privete terrace. When we purchased the same we were young and had lot of plans like terrace garden, having terrace gettogethers etc. But when we got little old, the house became a burden on us particularly when we return from a long stay abroad. The maid even though we pay for the time we were abroad still will ditch us on the day we return and chennai being a dusty city, the whole day we will spent cleaning the dust from nook and corner, jetlog or no jetlog.

So when our sons suggested to shift to bangalore, we readily agreed and disposed off the chennai one and booked an apartment in Bangalore As the apartment completion was to be in April 2014, we were looking for a rental accommodation as we needed to keep our own household goods somewhere which will not fit in our son's home.

But chance had it that I met someone in a train journey from Bombay to bangalore, she told me about this retirement resort and how nice they feel to stay in there. She also promised to get us an apartment on rent as her friend who is abroad wanted to let her apartment on rent.​
Voila !! we thought, this is what we want. Instead of Shelling out more than Rs. 30000/- as rent and maintenance for a two bed room apartment with 11 month’s rent as deposit and also lots of stringent conditions for a bangalore apartment, why not we temporarily shift to the retirement resort where we are given​
1) Two bedroom hall, kitchenette apartment with 24 hours electricityRO water/security for Rs. 11000/- (Rs. 7000/- rent + Rs. 3800/- maintenance)​
2) Food from morning coffee, breakfast, lunch,evening coffee with small snacks/biscuits and night one tiffin and curd rice costing Rs. 125/- per person (Now increased to Rs. 150/- per person) total as of today coming to Rs, 9000/- per month per couple.​
3) No servant problem, total security, walking space coving more than one KM per round/GYM/ Temple/Recreation hall with carom boards, chess boards, card playing /Meditation hall which converts into movie theatre or function hall/ a temple / 24 hours nurse with a manager who lives in the complex in case of emergency, doctor visits every day-​
4) Ironing facility, tailoring, beautician etc coming to the dorr​
5) Fruits and day to day grocery/personal requirements come to the resort weekly and there is Nilgiris Mall at walking/or Autoing distance.​
My first question to my train friend was ‘only bhajans or anuthing else also available – her reply ‘we have total fun –playing carom/ cards/ gappa maraoing (chitchatting) – Moreover one is not required to compulsorily take food in the mess.. they can have five days break when proportionate discount is given, a couple can take one dabba and prepare something at home..​
So life is total fun for ladies who have got rid of the myth that ‘Kitchen is my Kingdom and I enter my hubby’s heart through his mouth”.​
This is one place where you can see ladies gappamaaroing (chit chatting) while hubbies take the wet clothes to the terrace to hang them for drying. I can write and write about the good things but all is not rosy too.. Sometimes food gets monotonous, sometimes people grumble, we see more sick people than we see outside, we see more deaths too.. But if everything is taken in the stride it is really great. As one resident put it "இங்கே வந்தா கல்யாணமும் சீமந்தமுமா பார்க்க முடியும்.. உடம்பு சரியில்லாமல் தான் போகும்.. சாவு வரத்தான் செய்யும்.. நாம்ப இன்னிக்கு நன்னா இருக்கோம். அதை நெனைச்சு சந்தோஷப் படுவியா?​
Even our sons and dils when they come here and saw how we are enjoying accepted our view point.​
We came here to stay just for 6 months but now we want to continue further. Just to show how we are enjoying I am attaching herewith a videoas well as some pics .I can go on and on writing how we are enjoying..Moreover, we have started feeling younger and have time to do whatever we wanted to do too.

But as Krish put, each to his/her own views and what I like, I should not expect others to like too. But in order to give a 'in depth' description of life in a retirement resort where we live, i have given a ll..........................ong l.................ng brief !!

[video=youtube;OuB7FPJz1pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OuB7FPJz1pw[/video]

https://picasaweb.google.com/108845607494881874334/Fcamp1516March2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCOjBx_mYv7HwhQE

The one in blue T shirt ropewalking at the height of more than 18ft. is Krishnamoorthy, my hubby and me ofcourse encouaging him from down !!!
I liked what I saw. thank you.
I did not know that senior citizen could enjoy and be happy like this
the background score of 'kadam badayeja,rehmans vande matharam and seniors singing 'dosthi hum na chodenge' was delightful.
equally amazing was senior citizens climbing up trees and walking on ropeways.
in nana -nani celebrations ,two senior ladies dancing was also a delight.
I have not seen the other posts in full
where is this resort ? could you just PM me . I would include it in my holiday programme for a few days.
it might be a different experience.
the set there appear to have a mix of north -south flavour to which I can relate to some extent
the video appears to have been well shot with good sound mixing.
thanks for your effort to upload.
and my congratulations in winning mangayar malar award
wit bestwishes
krish44

Despite all the attractiveness after retirement Singapore is not the best place in terms of cost of living, unless you have some dependents who will take care of you!

Medical costs especially if you take the private ones are exorbitant..

The Government doctors are not that good and you will be forced to go to Private...One of my relations had a severe inflammation of the eye and it was very badly treated by Government doctor , that it relapsed after some time and affected the other eye too..Ultimately they had to go to another private specialist who saved the eyes!

Also getting servants is not easy as mentioned earlier! So at old age doing all the house chores is very strenuous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back