• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Retirement Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failure of one effort should not deter another attempt.

Let us encourage athimber.

We can see what he can bring to the table in terms of capabililities.

My suggestion -start small with just four or five members in a place say pondicherry if not bengaluru as tbs garu likes it .It will make cooperation easy

Pondicherry real estate is cheap.

Make maximum eight flats with amenities with capacity to extend later .all ground with max one or two floors

Land in pondicherry should be cheap.

Why not try?

Dear Athimber Sir,

Probably you missed a thread in which two members seriously discussed about a collective effort and it totally failed

even during discussion. Now a days, Senior resorts, as I call them, have become a business! :thumb:

But I can say that instead of getting more encouraging response for such an initiative, there were more discouraging comments from all quarters as members are free to talk !!

When action comes, they withdrew under some pretext. LOL

There are too many
வாய்ச்சொல்லில் வீரர்கள். !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Failure of one effort should not deter another attempt.

Let us encourage athimber.

We can see what he can bring to the table in terms of capabililities.

My suggestion -start small with just four or five members in a place say pondicherry if not bengaluru as tbs garu likes it .It will make cooperation easy

Pondicherry real estate is cheap.

Make maximum eight flats with amenities with capacity to extend later .all ground with max one or two floors

Land in pondicherry should be cheap.

Why not try?

hi

like equal share in co operative manner....but too much brhamism is not good in a gated community...i agreed some

brahminical characters....not like orthodox agraharam type....

In practical terms how much does land cost in heart of pondicherry?

Is it worth directly buying eight flats G plus two with lift with some spare area for amenities at low cost?

Shall we do some research?

In practical terms how much does land cost in heart of pondicherry?

Is it worth directly buying eight flats G plus two with lift with some spare area for amenities at low cost?

Shall we do some research?
hi

i prefer like small villa type....more independence....more privacy...i dont like flat type...even 1BHK villa type is fine..

i have own flat type home in chennai....i dont pefer...

Hi
Fine motion is carried.

Eight villas of 1BHK. Each villa would require at least 600 sq ft.

Add area for common amenities like dining , hall for meeting , place for servants to stay .some free area with boundary wall and security.

Who is an architect here to make a plan?

Let us estimate land requirement.

Hi
Fine motion is carried.

Eight villas of 1BHK. Each villa would require at least 600 sq ft.

Add area for common amenities like dining , hall for meeting , place for servants to stay .some free area with boundary wall and security.

Who is an architect here to make a plan?

Let us estimate land requirement.
hi

good idea....estimate for land/construction....preferably vegetarian with small clinic facility.....

We can also see proximity to hospital while choosing land.

I would prefer it to be in town instead of suburbs.

I have some links in pondichery.

Let me see if I can revive it.

I attended a marriage of one of my relatives there more than fifteen years back.

I have a thread ceremony to attend in june there.

I will tell him to locate land in good part of city.

My thumb rule estimate is 15 lakhs for 1BHK villa and another 5 lakhs for common amenities in good part of city of pondichery.

Would there be takers for this numbers?

Happy to see the encouraging posts. You got it right, Raji Madam; I am a non regular here and must have missed certain posts. Will try to catch up. Well most of us seem to be interested in Pondicherry, at least there seems to be some consensus on location. I am not familiar with Pondi, in fact never had been to this place. So people like Krish sir could take the lead. Your suggestion of 15+5 is not at all a bad one Krish Sir please try to get as much as details as possible. My preferred locations were, Trichy, Kovai and Palakkad, reason being its proximity to river beds and naturally having lesser problems on shortage of water.

Some of my friends, mostly Malayalees have planned similar facilities for ourselves and are finalized a piece of land about 2000 sq yards near Bhopal. All of them have one factor in common; all their children are settled abroad! So they have taken it up as a project for common cause. They have estimated a cost of about 55 lacs per unit consists of 2 BHK units and some common facilities. Will share more details when things are finalized.

Coming back our efforts, my opinion is at least 30-40 members are must to start something like this. Since most of the members involved be in little advanced age, it is always better to stay in group so that it could be helpful for one another. My idea is to develop a small housing complex exclusively for our members, mainly focusing of our common interests. More over a few helps would be required to maintain things and we would require funds to support the recurring expenditures on salary and maintenance etc. All of you will agree that funding becomes pocket friendly among groups. My humble suggestion is, let us form a welfare trust at the first instance and register it in the city where we intend build the complex. If members find these suggestion acceptable let us begin discussion on these lines..

IMHO small groups are easier to get off the ground.

Implementing it in less than 18 months is ideal.

Starting with five and plans to add an equal number later should be good enough.

If people see progress more would be tempted to join.

Again small money is easy to find.

My thumb rule estimate is 15 lakhs for 1BHK villa and another 5 lakhs for common amenities in good part of city of pondichery.

Would there be takers for this numbers?
hi sir

its fine... nice budget.....even children can join in their later stages.....nice investments for kids....i like to join...

Last edited:
Happy to see the encouraging posts. You got it right, Raji Madam; I am a non regular here and must have missed certain posts. Will try to catch up. Well most of us seem to be interested in Pondicherry, at least there seems to be some consensus on location. I am not familiar with Pondi, in fact never had been to this place. So people like Krish sir could take the lead. Your suggestion of 15+5 is not at all a bad one Krish Sir please try to get as much as details as possible. My preferred locations were, Trichy, Kovai and Palakkad, reason being its proximity to river beds and naturally having lesser problems on shortage of water.

Some of my friends, mostly Malayalees have planned similar facilities for ourselves and are finalized a piece of land about 2000 sq yards near Bhopal. All of them have one factor in common; all their children are settled abroad! So they have taken it up as a project for common cause. They have estimated a cost of about 55 lacs per unit consists of 2 BHK units and some common facilities. Will share more details when things are finalized.

Coming back our efforts, my opinion is at least 30-40 members are must to start something like this. Since most of the members involved be in little advanced age, it is always better to stay in group so that it could be helpful for one another. My idea is to develop a small housing complex exclusively for our members, mainly focusing of our common interests. More over a few helps would be required to maintain things and we would require funds to support the recurring expenditures on salary and maintenance etc. All of you will agree that funding becomes pocket friendly among groups. My humble suggestion is, let us form a welfare trust at the first instance and register it in the city where we intend build the complex. If members find these suggestion acceptable let us begin discussion on these lines..

hi sir ,

im familiar with these places....trichy is somewhat ok...but too much heat in summer....kovai/palakkad my birthplace and

brought up in my teens...kovai too much congested....palakkad has political/social problems....pondy is close to chennai...

cheaper taxes....central govt UT benefits...JIPMER HOSPITAL IS FAMOUS AND AFFORDABLE...even im new to pondy too..

nice sea beach with aurobindo ashram...living cost cheaper than TN/KERALA...close to chennai airport,,,,,nice and

neat roads...bangalore is problem whenever kavery issues...

How many are required to register a trust.

What is its utility?

How much does this cost?

Sorry what I intent to mention was a welfare society not trust. Creating a society with little social motive, help you to get government assistance in certain fields. Welfare society is registered under Societies registrations applicable for concerned State. In case we want to register it at national level we need to have 9 members out of which 2 must be from National Capital and rest could be from different states. For registration in any particular state, 7 members are sufficient. The society should be formed within the ambit of state rules, by framing rules regulations and bylaws. Since our main intention is to build a type of retirement home, that should be made one of the main goals of the society like “ providing group housing facility for the members of the society” along with other goals. By forming a society we can apply for land for group housing purposes for which many state governments are offering subsidized lands.

A trust could also serve the same purpose, but for forming a trust, as per my understanding, we need to place some funds or property at the disposal of the trust before going to register the same which I think wont be a practical proposal in the given cirucmstances.

As regards to cost registration of both not going to cost much, and differ from state to state.

Regarding registration of society just check if any of the members be local to pondichery.

In that case we require a pondichery contact.

As far as land is concerned , one requires 550 sq ft per member plus common facilities.

For less than 10 members, one can take one extra 600 sq ft flat G plus one or two for minimum facilities like food service kitchens , meeting place etc

As long as we restrict the size to 550 sq ft per member for villa type row house , it is fine.

land should not cost more than 5 lakhs per member and the same for minimal common facilities.

In case we get any benefit as registered society . It is fine.

But if it is time consuming process, it may not be worth spending efforts.

Fairly cheap land is available in good locations.

Good location is a priority.

It is not worth taking govt land far off from cityIMHO

What say you?

We plan on the basis of 5 lakhs land cost plus 8 to 10 lakhs construction cost depending on types construction.

One can estimate total land required on this basis,.

We can take more land to take care of future members based on estimates.

Last edited:
Good suggestion, Krish Sir.

formation of a society can be done side by side. In the mean while we need to check how many members are interested here. If things can be materialised the way as suggested by you I think it is very much within reach of most of us and we should not depend on any government support etc. In case there are reputed builders around Pondi we can directly have bargain with them depending upon our strength. Let things develop. Members please contribute your views, willingness..

Last edited:
My take on members

Let us collect in a week a few of them .

Leave one for a local resident of pondichery.[to be located].

Local name might be a requirement to remove totally outsiders tag in case of registration etc .

One can see some sites like magic brics or 99 acres.com etc for advertised residential land parcel of 5000 to 8000 sqft with a budget of about 40-80 lakhs preferably at 700 to 1000 rs a sq ft ,

levelled with boundary wall with clear ownership title not power of attorney near the heart of town with easy access.

We will see how to fund it

Last edited:
Hi there, everyone
Nice to hear Tamil Brahmin group is planning something big.. I would also like to join..Pondy is new to me too, but it's okay with me.. A friend of mine is constructing some flats near Guruvayur but is certainly costly compared to the ones we are discussing here

hi krish/athember sir,

i would like to join...let's try.....very competetive required......accountabality and transperency much...as group of well

wishers ...we can proceed further..i agree with krish sir ....about 5 lakhs for amenities with 8 to 10 lakhs for about 700 to

1000 sq ft...

Tbs garu

All would like to stick to numbers and maximum transparency .

There will be only hopefully three payments -land for which registered land deed in name of buyers should be provided. That is 30% of money spent.Others for

amenities and construction. We can disperse the risk by having separate committees with different persons for managing all activities

Amenities a committee of three can be made. similarly a committee of three for construction whose members will be different from other committee.Since we are planning only for nine

for ten in first phase,the balance members may be reserves for other activities. All other committiees will be disbanded except the amenities which will be retained for

later running.We should not get into the trap of making decision making and implementation difficult.

By the way large parcels of land in heart of the town are difficult to find.At best we may get 10 to 15 thousand square feet.

Since we are on budget , We should not look for larger sizes.

Last edited:
hi krish sir,

keep a back up option...keep trichy as another option...i agreed 30% each time...very careful about land deed...we should

go smaller group....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back