• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Retirement Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tbs garu
We can get past land records and check. Also take advocate opinion before getting into any deal.

Some can actually visit and confirm before any purchase.

These are done by all normally.

Authenticity of seller can also be verified .

upto ten persons should be OK .

Some can take two units if numbers are less to make up

Some more inputs.

One real estate company is offering twin 1BHK with one common wall for 28 lakhs in villa type construction.

All other amenities being available at cost.

We can approach them for a block deal of 10 flats or so .

It will save a lot of headaches.

As people appear to be enthusiastic about this idea, I thought I would add my thoughts for consideration. I may not join for the present as I am not yet "retired".

1. It would be ideal to form a co-operative housing society and sell shares to members who want to own flats in the project.

2. There should be one bedroom hall kitchen and balcony apartments of appropriate size which will give the feeling of spaciousness. Just one bed room only because an old couple couple will find it ideal to have. All visiting relatives like sons, daughters, grand children can stay in the guest accommodation which should be separate larger flats with two or three bed rooms.

3. There should be a canteen block serving only veg. food and a dining hall. The society employed employees will maintain the catering and every other supporting services. Every month the daily menu will be decided by a small committee of residents.

4. A separate room for a visiting Doctor's consultation and an attached waiting hall should form part of the project.

5. A temple and a hall where individuals can sit and pray should be part of the project.

6. Park, walk ways, a tennis court and a indoor games rooms can be added.

7. A small hall where movies can be screened and viewed, pravachanam/kalakshepam can be held with a public address system is a must.

8. Wi-fi a must.

9. Security a must.

10.Grandiose ideas like secularism etc., should be avoided and like minded people with similar backgrounds should only be allowed to become members of the society.

11. Futuristic Solar power panels should be installed so that the whole group becomes self sufficient in their power needs and are able to supply their surplus clean power to the grid (with net metering facility).

Just some ideas. Good luck.

Last edited:
As people appear to be enthusiastic about this idea, I thought I would add my thoughts for consideration. I may not join for the present as I am not yet "retired".

1. It would be ideal to form a co-operative housing society and sell shares to members who want to own flats in the project.

2. There should be one bedroom hall kitchen and balcony apartments of appropriate size which will give the feeling of spaciousness. Just one bed room only because an old couple couple will find it ideal to have. All visiting relatives like sons, daughters, grand children can stay in the guest accommodation which should be separate larger flats with two or three bed rooms.

3. There should be a canteen block serving only veg. food and a dining hall. The society employed employees will maintain the catering and every other supporting services. Every month the daily menu will be decided by a small committee of residents.

4. A separate room for a visiting Doctor's consultation and an attached waiting hall should form part of the project.

5. A temple and a hall where individuals can sit and pray should be part of the project.

6. Park, walk ways, a tennis court and a indoor games rooms can be added.

7. A small hall where movies can be screened and viewed, pravachanam/kalakshepam can be held with a public address system is a must.

8. Wi-fi a must.

9. Security a must.

10.Grandiose ideas like secularism etc., should be avoided and like minded people with similar backgrounds should only be allowed to become members of the society.

11. Futuristic Solar power panels should be installed so that the whole group becomes self sufficient in their power needs and are able to supply their surplus clean power to the grid (with net metering facility).

Just some ideas. Good luck.
hi

nice suggestions...very important issue..

This is Soundaryam in CBE where ஆடிடர் மாமி lives She Is about 85 has spent more than a decade here ! It is 5 star comfort ! To days rate will cost you more than 50L

[AATTACH=CONFIG]6144[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• WP_20150719_010.jpg
    WP_20150719_010.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 121
Most of the posh senior resorts follow Vaagmi Sir's suggestions except that the villas are bigger in size and not 600 sq. ft.

But will the budget be around 20 lakhs each, is a big ?

What does 'maalolam' mean, J J ji?? :confused:

Is it the following?

Abbreviation of Maalolam

M - Moody | A - Affectionate | A - Affectionate | L - Lucky | O - Open hearted | L - Lean | A - Arrogant | M - Mind-blowing

I contacted him over phone to invite him for a family function on April 9 and excused himself it is Panguni Utram and he has.to be in Sriragam and see Ranganthan with Thayar - only day they are seen together ! Then I asked what is Malolam ? This is what I gathered - Named after Malolan in Ahobilam He is V Kalai - Intially.wanted to settle in Tiruvallur near Veeraraghava.perumal finally chose Maalolam!

Malolam in Sriragam is not like Soundaryam Malolam is cattle class Railway waiting hall unlike Soundaryam is world class Changi Lounge!

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread. And boy, am I interested !

Shri Vaagmi's suggestions are good.

I would like to add that if the group is interested, a separate area for gardening (veggies & fruits) can be done.

As for the cost, it depends on the price of the land; a similar one 600+sq ft. in coimbatore that my uncle purchased 5 or 6 years ago (I had written about it in this forum) was 20lacs. But we are taking different territories and different time periods.

Villa is fine.

A similar project near Perur (some of you might be aware of it) has lukewarm response. I am not sure as to the reason ... perhaps maybe because they are selling land and then the buyers have to build themselves.

We are setting up a retirement home on a budget.

What alone is viable commercially is to be considered.

For high class resorts regular builders are available .

The resort will offer maximum autonomy to all with minimal sharing of vegetarian food , medical care.. parking area and open spaces.and perhaps some guest rooms.

plus good security with walls and fencing

No sense in engaging on secularism debates or bhajana goshti talks in this thread.

It can be left to those moving in there.

We can have a few members considering issues relating to music, arts,religion and culture. They can have a mini hall housing 20 with a stage to organise their

events

Last edited:
Most of the posh senior resorts follow Vaagmi Sir's suggestions except that the villas are bigger in size and not 600 sq. ft.

But will the budget be around 20 lakhs each, is a big ?
We should strive to restrict it to 15lakhs per flat with registration extra and 4lakhs for amenities.

We should opt for both cost and time control along with good quality of flats and amenities and other services.

IMHO it should be possible.

In june I hope to be pondychery . Before that let us see if we finalise a tentative list of members.

The first five members will steer the project .

Last edited:
We should strive to restrict it to 15lakhs per flat with registration extra and 4lakhs for amenities.

We should opt for both cost and time control along with good quality of flats and amenities and other services.

IMHO it should be possible.

In june I hope to be pondychery . Before that let us see if we finalise a tentative list of members.

The first five members will steer the project .
hi

i agreed sir..i want to be with u as in ur five member list...lets have common programme...its my level of budget too...

With well wishers like RRJi and Rudhran jiand counselors like vaagmiji we can only do well.

We would definitely benefit by their association as counselors.

They know a lot about brahmins way of living.

Vaagmijis ideas on solar power are worth a consideration. So also the religeous aspects of interest to them.

RRji knowledge of carnatic music and thinking on what womens preferances and needs in retirement communities would be useful

Rudranji with his knowledge of local rules and regulations which are of relevance to brahmins and his readiness to host TBs in chennai would come in handy.

In fact I could do with a local contact in chennai to help members who might be in transit to pondichery via chennai.

Thanks to all and their encouragement to proceed further

Last edited:
Wishing all the best for the 'Five man Army'. :)
I am waiting for magic figure of eight for take off,the balance being reserved for guest house and amenities.

Let us see how fast it happens.

It is difficult to get plots bigger than 5 to 6000 sq ft in decent localities inside town.

I have started getting responses from plot holders in pondicherry.

I am asking for 5 to 10 thousand sq ft ,range 40 to 65 five lakhs of rupees.

I am looking for plot in heart of town and not faraway places like Aurobindo ashram or ECR which may isolate seniors and cut them off from the world.

Senior need to live well with all facilities readily available to them.

I would like it to be like our own home with all consumer durables , back up power[solar?] , 24 by 7 good water.

Is anyone prepared to follow up these and see if it is suitable?

I have started getting responses from plot holders in pondicherry.

I am asking for 5 to 10 thousand sq ft ,range 40 to 65 five lakhs of rupees.

I am looking for plot in heart of town and not faraway places like Aurobindo ashram or ECR which may isolate seniors and cut them off from the world.

Senior need to live well with all facilities readily available to them.

I would like it to be like our own home with all consumer durables , back up power[solar?] , 24 by 7 good water.

Is anyone prepared to follow up these and see if it is suitable?
hi

thanks....carry on...its good idea...im joining with u.....i like ECR closer ....good for water....

Last edited:
Dear Krish Sir,

The follow up will be easy only if you find a person living in Pondy who is ready to buy one unit for himself.

RRji

I will be able to find one only in june .

I have received an invitation to an event there.

I have to renew my contact there after 20 years.

I had attended a marriage of a relative there 20 years ago.

Now invitation is for thread ceremony of his son aged 15years.lol

Until june I have to find alternatives.

He can be persuaded to buy one unit .Let me see.

But he is dubai based and his inlaws are there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back