• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it looked so weird and embarrassing cos you see we have no idea how the marriage might turn out in the future so better keep a low profile!

Yahan kal kya ho kisne jaana
GM Renukaji... what you say is correct but from the parents angle that's a superlative effort and they wanted to share with others on the most joyus occasion of their life...!!
Gaane ke ka pahele line .... yahi kehathi hai...
" zindagi ek safar , hai suhana...."
cheers!!

GM Renukaji... what you say is correct but from the parents angle that's a superlative effort and they wanted to share with others on the most joyus occasion of their life...!!
cheers!!

Dear sir,

My father always advises that what ever we do it has to be moderate and not over the limit cos we might end up being in the jealous books of similar standing people or even make a person who is not too well off feel small in comparison..so moderation is always the key.

BTW I like to do things low profile cos its costs less!LOL

cheers!!

Absolutely right Sir!!!

The charm of the life is to live for the moment to one's heart content. IMO, it is not good to hide and conceal the feelings of joy in us and refrain from exhibiting them. Though almost all grown up people could learn through other's experiences that there is no certainity in any thing in humans's life and in marriage, mostly people tend to keep such thoughts at the back of their head and continue to express their joy to be best of their talents and imaginations.

"Zindagi Ek Safar Haey Suhana..Yahaan Kall Kyaa Ho Kisne Jana"

If one listens to this song completely and could understand, one can know that, all that is been said in this song is -"Life is a beautiful journey, that includes any level of uncertainities. Live Life with enthusiasm. Live for the moment. Live to your heart content without any fear and worries. Because, we can't know what future holds and IF we could experience the charm of joy and happiness"

Dear Sir,

I have gone through this video some time before BUT it's worth watching again and again. Thanks for sharing this with all of us here.

There are many ways of celebrations to rejoice the happy past memories of life and the present state of life with out any pomp and show, showcasing one's money power and pride.

A sense of excitement and celebration to the best of one's ability and imagination for the present happiest moments of life is what that can keep us cheerful and contented. Can help us keep going. Life is a long journey with lots of struggles and challenges, pains and uncertainties. Hanging on to it with a mental block and losing the charm of the present is not the right way of living.

When ever we happen to celebrate special moments of life we can contribute something in charity to underprivileged people as well.

Celebration to one's heart content necessarily need not be by way of spending hell lots of money for the self and for the show. All that required is lots of pure joy in heart and enjoying the moment as per one's ideas and imaginations.

We should be thankful to God for what we were been offered with and we should be able to experience the heartfelt joy with what we could have. When people in slums, struggling for every day livelihood could cheer up themselves and take every chance to celebrate and be merry, why people better off than them should he hesitant, perceiving reasonable celebrations negatively?

The handicapped man in this video is cheerful and joyful though he had lots of pains which none of us can tolerate. He is asking every one to be confident about themselves, in their uncertain life and be happy. If we can not accept such motivational messages from such people then we would be nothing BUT like plain inanimate logical machine with out any feelings, emotions and sense of appreciations.

From my teenage, I have observed lots of sufferings around me and have pondered a lot about them. Other than what I could experience in my Life, these keen observation has helped me to learn and be determined with the following-

1) Never to keep crying for what I don't have. Though, I figure out what is lacking with me and what I need to still achieve and persistently strive to achieve them, I have an open mind to not be bitter with my life, what may come; 2) To be thankful to God for what I could have so far; 3) Could understand the pains of the others who are suffering in poverty and who could not succeed in their struggle to come out of their sufferings; 4) To contribute something to the underprivileged people of the society; 5) Could understand what is life and the life can be.

Last but not the least - Could have the mental make up to be happy and cheerful with small small things in my life.

Friends, some time back i received thios forward in mymail box. Dont know the authenticity but the mail is very good and apt to the present day world and lot of matters thats being discussed in various threads of TB forum. I liked this. Hope you will also. Cheers.

Common Sense - An Obituary by London Times

London Times Obituary

'Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children..
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust his wife, Discretion his daughter, Responsibility his son, Reason .He is survived by his 4 step brothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Dear Ravi Sir,

Your Post 457. I am reminded of a nice dialogue in Bawarchi where the cook(RK) tells that "we in search of the big celebration miss out on lot of smal small enjoyable moments in our daily life. Big celebrations are like flowerpot crackers give big joy for few moments and then goes kaput. But the small ones are like agarbathis just gives beautiful fragrance but is there ofr longer period". So every one ahould enjoy the daily small small lively moments and you are just doing that.

Cheers.

Hello Manohar kumar Sir,to your post 460,its simply superb,and makes anyone to think with deep thought that we had/might lost him .hope all take measures to hold him carefully.And work,live with SENSE.

Some interesting information derived through amplification
from the following words.

NEWS - North East West South
Chess - Chariot, Horse, Elephant, Soldiers
Cold - Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
Joke - Joy of Kids entertainment
Aim - Ambition in mind
Date - Day and Time Evolution
Eat - Energy and Taste
Tea - Taste and Energy admitted
Pen - Power Enriched in Nib
Smile - Sweet Memories in Lip expression
Bye - Be with you everytime

Source : Collection from E mail.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Devakisutam Govindam Vasudevam Jagatpatim
DehimeTanayam Krishna twam-aham Sharanagatah

If one chants regularly, one may get a male baby. This is in reply to a query
raised by someone in the forum sometime back.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

........ If one chants regularly, one may get a male baby. This is in reply to a query
raised by someone in the forum sometime back.
Dear Sir,

Some persons enter the forum just to get clarifications about manthrAs and the reply posts in the right time, in the right thread
would be appreciated by that person. I wonder whether the one who asked the question will search for an answer, here! :ranger:

HAY FEVER?EAT YOGURT!
Eat lots of yogurt before pollen season.
Also-eat honey from your area (local region) daily.

TO PREVENT STROKE
DRINK TEA!
Prevent build-up of fatty deposits on artery walls with regular doses of tea.
(actually, tea suppresses appetite and keeps the pounds from invading....Green tea is great for our immune system)!

INSOMNIA (CAN'T SLEEP?)
HONEY!
Use honey as a tranquilizer and sedative.

ASTHMA?
EAT ONIONS!!!!
Eating onions helps ease constriction of bronchial tubes.
(onion packs place on chesthelped the respiratory ailments and actually made breathing better).

ARTHRITIS?
EAT FISH, TOO!!
Salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines actually prevent arthritis.
(fish has omega oils, good for our immune system)
download

UPSET STOMACH?
BANANAS - GINGER!!!!!
Bananas will settle an upset stomach.
Ginger will cure morning sickness and nausea..

BLADDER INFECTION?
DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE!!!!
High-acid cranberry juice controls harmful bacteria.

BONE PROBLEMS?
EAT PINEAPPLE!!!
Bone fractures and osteoporosis can be prevented by the manganese in pineapple.

MEMORY PROBLEMS?
EAT OYSTERS!
Oysters help improve your mental functioning by supplying much-needed zinc.

COLDS?
EAT GARLIC!
Clear up that stuffy head with garlic.
(remember, garlic lowers cholesterol, too.)
download

COUGHING?
USE RED PEPPERS!!
A substance similar to that found in the cough syrups is found in hot red pepper. Use red (cayenne) pepper with caution-it can irritate your tummy.

BREAST CANCER?
EAT Wheat, bran and cabbage
Helps to maintain estrogen at healthy levels.

LUNG CANCER?
EAT DARK GREEN AND ORANGE AND VEGGIES!!!
A good antidote is beta carotene, a form of Vitamin A found in dark green and orange vegetables.

ULCERS?
EAT CABBAGE ALSO!!!
Cabbage contains chemicals that help heal both gastric and duodenal ulcers.
download

DIARRHEA?
EAT APPLES!
Grate an apple with its skin, let it turn brown and eat it to cure this condition.
(Bananas are good for this ailment)

CLOGGED ARTERIES?
EAT AVOCADO!
Mono unsaturated fat in avocados lowers cholesterol.

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?
EAT CELERY AND OLIVE OIL!!!
Olive oil has been shown to lower blood pressure.
Celery contains a chemical that lowers pressure too.

BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE?
EAT BROCCOLI AND PEANUTS!!!
The chromium in broccoli and peanuts helps regulate insulin and blood sugar.

Kiwi:
Tiny but mighty. This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E & fibre. It's Vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.

Contd..

Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low Vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke..
download

Strawberry:
Protective fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protects the body from cancer causing, blood vessels clogging free radicals. (Actually, any berry is good for you..they're high in anti-oxidants and they actually keep us young...........blueberries are the best and very versatile in the health field........they get rid of all the free-radicals that invade our bodies)

Orange :
Sweetest medicine. Taking 2 - 4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessen the risk of colon cancer..

Watermelon:
Coolest Thirst Quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione which helps boost our immune system.. They are also a key source of lycopene - the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients
Found in watermelon are Vitamin C & Potassium.
(watermelon also has natural substances [natural SPF sources] that keep our skin healthy, protecting our skin from those darn UV rays)

Guava & Papaya:
Top awards for Vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high Vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fibre which helps prevent constipation.

Papaya
is rich in carotene, this is good for your eyes. (also good for gas and indigestion)
download

Tomatoes
are very good as a preventative measure for men, keeps those prostrate problems from invading their bodies......GOOD AS MEDICINE.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

A question was raised in this forum sometime back. If one wants to find fault, one
can do so many things. Person who raised the issue, if he/she is a regular reader
will certainly go through the above, no matter it is posted little late.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Bala Sir,

Cool down! I am not finding fault. I am a regular visitor and contributor to this thread and do not remember to have read any

post asking for any 'mantrA'! You are well versed with many slokAs and hence some of us are requesting you to start a new

thread and post them. It will be easier for persons who are not members of this forum also, to search by tags of that thread.

World's most expensive cup of coffee?

Arabica? Robusta? No - the new coffee comes from elephant dung. Yes, elephant dung !

Elephant dung coffee is made from coffee beans eaten and digested by elephants living on a reserve in Thailand. When animals pass the beans in their excrement, they are harvested, cleaned up and processed into coffee grinds. The resulting brew is reported to be floral and chocolaty, nutty, with hints of spice and red berries.

Scared of being served the drink in your local coffee shop?

Not likely. The coffee beans, named Black Ivory, cost over $1,100 per kg!

http://t.co/jjGPG2ti

.......... Arabica? Robusta? No - the new coffee comes from elephant dung. Yes, elephant dung !.......
Dear Sir,

It seems all dung coffees are getting popular. Here is one more such coffee!

Kopi luwak
or civet coffee, is one of the world's most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee. It is made from the beans

of
coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then

passed through its
digestive tract. A civet eats the berries for their fleshy pulp. In the digestive tract, the civets' proteolytic

enzymes
seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet's intestines the

beans are then
defecated, keeping their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing,

these beans yield an aromatic coffee with much less bitterness.
This coffee is widely noted as the most expensive coffee in

the world with prices reaching $350 per kilogram ($160 per pound).

Soruce:
Kopi Luwak

P. S: But this coffee seems to be cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back