• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occasional Piece of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure, it does!!

But this might be branded as 'cyberbullying' - the most popular word! :)

According to wikipedia Cyberbullying is defined as the use of the Internet to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. What harm does anyone see and how often is it repeated?

Last edited:
According to wikipedia Cyberbullying is defined as the use of the Internet to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. What harm does anyone see and how often is it repeated?
Dear Sir,

This is not a question to be asked to me because I did not complain about bullying / cyber bullying! :typing:

Dr Ross,

Ref your post # 477.

" What harm does anyone see and how often is it repeated ? " ( !!!!!! ???? !!!!! )

One needs to go to world press and see for oneself the humongous work put in by
Tmt VR there. Then one may get an idea of what the TB forum is missing.

Yay Yem

Dr Ross,

Ref your post # 477.

" What harm does anyone see and how often is it repeated ? " ( !!!!!! ???? !!!!! )

Yay Yem

Dear sir,

How to get to VR ji's wordpress? Can you give me the link?

dear sir !
after reading about elephant dunk coffee and civet coffee ,it is once again proved anything impure or blended with rejected item taste better like kalla sarayam .all the thinks which are taster may not be good for health
guruvayurappan

post 480 #
dear renukaji !
i wonder how person like you is asking about smt. VR's wordpress blog. vishalakshi madam herself given the address when she was annoyed and decided to leave the forum .
guruvayurappan

post 480 #
dear renukaji !
i wonder how person like you is asking about smt. VR's wordpress blog. vishalakshi madam herself given the address when she was annoyed and decided to leave the forum .
guruvayurappan

Dear GuruJi,

What is this yaar??

In one thread you are saying "not for people of your status"..here you are saying "people like you"

What are you actually trying to say?

Can you kindly explain?

Dear GuruJi,

What is this yaar??

In one thread you are saying "not for people of your status"..here you are saying "people like you"

What are you actually trying to say?

Can you kindly explain?

People as smart as you, I guess. I think it was meant as a compliment

Dr Ross,

Ref your post # 477.

Yay Yem

You are right!

Last edited:
A new imaging technique to monitor how brain cells coordinate with each other to control specific behaviours.

The technique is based on detecting calcium ions in neurons to map the brain circuits, providing insights into the origins of autism, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and other psychiatric diseases. By studying people who exhibit symptoms of autistic behavior and obsessive-compulsive disorder, one can look for neuronal firing patterns that differ from those of normal people.

Defects in neuron-neuron communications play a key role in psychiatric disorders. If we can identify what cell types are abnormal, appropriate drugs could be developed to correct the abnormal firing patterns.

Watch this New imaging study

Last edited:
HurricaneSandy
A time-lapse video of the evolution of Hurricane Sandy, lashing
the east coast of the USA, from dawn to dusk on October 29, 2012, compiled from satellite images taken every minute from 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EDT.

View more imagery from Hurricane Sandy here

Neglected child versus a normal three-year-old:
Brain scans show impact of mother’s love:

Recent publication shows how important nurturing parents are to a child's development.

scan of 3 yr old.jpg

The two images shown here are brain scans of two three-year-old children.

Brain image on the left is considerably larger, has fewer spots and less dark areas, compared to the one on the right.
Apparently this sizeable difference has one primary cause- the way each child was treated by their mothers.

The child with the larger and more fully developed brain (left image) was looked after well by its mother - she was constantly responsive to her baby. But the child with the shrunken brain image (right) was the victim of severe neglect and abuse (Note that the right image lacks some of the most fundamental areas present in the image on the left.)

Last edited:
dear renukaji !
what i wanted to say with the" not for people of your status".."is you are well versed with various topics and the web services
what i was trying to say by
"people like you"(regular patron of this forum)is how you have missedor for gotten the posting s of VR madam !!
smt VR madam was quite often mentioning about her world press .com
guruvayurappan

Presidential candidates make 4-year-old cry

A 4-year-old girl expressed her frustration over the seemingly never-ending presidential campaign broadcasts over the radio. In Fort Collins, Colorado, a woman and her 4-yr old daughter were listening to radio on a trip to the grocery store recently (Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012) when she started crying.

The mother asked the girl why she was crying and she responded, "I'm tired of Bronco Bamma and Mitt Romney."

This little girl may have captured a sentiment many voters feel less than a week away from Presidential Election Day ( Nov.6)

Watch the video here
Read the story here or here

Last edited:
Dr Ross

Your post # 494

Taking a cue from the pages of contemporary history - can we call it " Brain Inspector's Report" ?

Yay Yem

Call it the Rorschach test

or அரண்டவன்
கண்ணுக்கு இருண்டதெல்லாம் பேய்

Or to quote திருமூலர் -..
.'
மரத்தை மறைத்தது மாமத யானை; மரத்தில் மறைந்தது மாமத யானை!'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back