• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Let us value honesty

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not wise to harp on 100 percent honesty making a virtue of it. practising it in a society which does not value it . It is difficult for everyone around you if you look at the world around you through the prism of honesty and condemning every body. A little bit of dishonesty will add to personal and global happiness

Dear Krish,

Despite the harsh environment there are honest people...My OP is to celebrate honest acts & thereby honest people and look at the drivers of honesty

I am an optimist and even if there is a delta (small) positive change in our behaviors after reading this, I will construe it as a victory!

Dear Krish,

I am an optimist and even if there is a delta (small) positive change in our behaviors after reading this, I will construe it as a victory!

Sir,

I really appreciate this.

Regards

there is nothing called 100 percent honesty or dishonesty. the choice is between various shades of honesty in a scale of 0 to 100 percent .incremental change in behavior gives you happiness so be it. think of the price a person pays to bring about this change.there was an interesting movie in hindi -satyakaam by hrishikesh mukherjee. what happens to the hero trying to practise honesty in work place

When talking about percentage, this story comes to my mind'

"A POND FULL OF MILK.”

Once there was a king who told some of his workers to dig a pond. Once the pond was
dug, the king made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a glass of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So,the pond should be full of milk by the morning. After receiving the order, everyone went home.

One man prepared to take the milk during the night. He thought that since everyone
will bring milk, he could just hide a glass of water and pour inside the pond. Because it will be dark atnight, no one will notice. So he quickly went and poured the water in the pond and came back. In the morning, the king came to visit the pond and to his surprise the pond was only filled with water! What has happened is that everyone was thinking like the other man that “I don't have to put the milk, someone else will do it.”

We accomplish in proportion to the attempts we make.
IMHO what is important is attitude and attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Let us celebrate the honesty of the security guard!

Udupi: Honesty personified - Security guard returns lost gold necklace

Daijiworld Media Network – Udupi (EP)
Udupi, Feb 1: In a laudable act of honesty, the security guard of a store here returned a lost valuable gold ornament to its rightful owner on Friday January 31.
gold_010214-1.jpg
M H Hammabba of Padubidri had come along with his family for shopping. On returning home after the shopping spree, Hammabba's daughter-in-law realized that she had lost a gold necklace she had been wearing. The necklace, weighing 8 sovereigns, was worth Rs 2 lac.
Meanwhile, Peter Vincent Furtado of Kudalthota in Kodavoor gram, a security guard at Harsha store which the family had visited, found the lost necklace fallen in front of the store, and informed his employers. The store management who saw an advertisement about the lost ornament in the newspaper in turn contacted its owner.
Benegal Nagappa, assistant general manager of Harsha, handed over the ornament to Hammabba on January 31. Peter was given a suitable gift in appreciation of his sincerity.
Harsha’s public relation manager Jayaram, Siddiq Hassan of Akarshan Gold, and Abdul Hameed of Padubidri Ujwal Print were present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back