• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Joint Family VS Separate Family after marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holi colour Splash

That is what Krish Sir means by writing,

BTW, you don't like to hug anyone! But how about your heart-throb SRK??

:gossip: Just curious to know!
#87 0f Dr. Renuka ,mentions about pouring of colour after Dusk. She was a student & another student may be a North-Indian could easily indulge in such acts. She got angry, & abused him then . But now, in the circumstances we are placed, perhaps relished & would not have got that much anger. One thing we should know --parallel is When Govt. enforces stoppage of Loud speakers by 10 PM, more so when Exams are held, even then there are violations & care two hoots ?
such is our cultural bent of mind. We have to learn to live with such situations & plan to avoid ? if possible.
Still in Madras there is no Holi celebration by those except North Indians. They are very much home for the Holi, where as We almost Hate ( I am, ofcourse for it, & would like to indulge even now ?

Rishikesan

Dear Rishi Sir,

Please make some North Indians in Sing. Chennai, as your close friends.
Then, next year you can play a colorful Holi, to your hearts content with them! :grouphug:

Only tambrams mAmis are rude not so social! :D

tambram ladies are nice and have a nice heart

we have married tambram. ladies

we have our wives permission to say this,lol

I think we are not used to our Mamis playing holi..You come to Delhi..There are Mamis born and brought up here...They will give Punjus a run for money..The place has a major impact on the person..

I think we are not used to our Mamis playing holi..You come to Delhi..There are Mamis born and brought up here...They will give Punjus a run for money..The place has a major impact on the person..[/QUOte
vganeji
I did not want to make TB ladies in chennai jealous of their counterparts here in delhi

thats why I did not share this vital info. lol

BTW, you don't like to hug anyone! But how about your heart-throb SRK??

:gossip: Just curious to know!

Dear RR ji,

Nope..I wont hug him even though I am his fan.

You see when an actor is off screen he is like anyone else.

He too would need his private space and we should respect that.

This fact is often forgotten by fans and they smother their favorite movie stars.

Fans dont stop to think that their movie stars might be off duty and want some personal space.

#87 0f Dr. Renuka ,mentions about pouring of colour after Dusk. She was a student & another student may be a North-Indian could easily indulge in such acts. She got angry, & abused him then . But now, in the circumstances we are placed, perhaps relished & would not have got that much anger.

Rishikesan

Yes sir..you are right..he was indeed a Nortie and I yelled at him so bad for putting colors on me when it was night!

Further more I didnt even know him.

Who wont get angry when your nice outfit gets spoiled with color and I actually inhaled some of the color and some even entered my eyes.

That guy missed my kick..I tried to kick him and he quickly ran away.

Dear RR ji,

My friend from Delhi told me that everyone in his house plays Holi in a designated area meant only for family members.

He said playing Holi with general public is never done becos its not safe to play Holi with unknown people.So to keep women of the family save from unknown people ..only family members play with each other..all cousins and relatives get together to play.

He also said that married women especially the older ones seldom join but they just watch the younger ones play.

I wonder how come the Holi stories in Forum are so different!LOL

Dear RR ji,

My friend from Delhi told me that everyone in his house plays Holi in a designated area meant only for family members.

He said playing Holi with general public is never done becos its not safe to play Holi with unknown people.So to keep women of the family save from unknown people ..only family members play with each other..all cousins and relatives get together to play.

He also said that married women especially the older ones seldom join but they just watch the younger ones play.

I wonder how come the Holi stories in Forum are so different!LOL
Dear renukaji
holi is played not only with family members but also with family friends . Student groups visit each other for holi

also those in housing societies and govt colonies include members and neighbours for at least exchange of dry powder colours.if not liquid.

if other communities do not play holi ,they are not forced . only a tika of colour is put on them with namaste and only men are hugged.

also neighbours exchange sweets . there are some holi specific sweets.

some consume bhang also and engage in revelry

the effigy of holika sister of prahlad is burnt in evening,

all essential services like milk and water are maintained .

only metros and buses are off the city until late afternoon.

Last edited:
Dear renukaji
holi is played not with family members but also with family friends . Student groups visit each other for holi

also those in housing societies and govt colonies include members and neighbours for at least exchange of dry powder colours.if not liquid.

if other communities do not play holi ,they are not forced . only a tika of colour is put on them with namaste and only men are hugged.

also neighbours exchange sweets . there are some holi specific sweets.

some consume bhang also and engage in revelry

the effigy of holika sister of prahlad is burnt in evening,

all essential services like milk and water are maintained .

only metros and buses are off the city until late afternoon.
hi

i had bitter experiences of holi in delhi..........in our society flats ...ppl used to throw waterballons from rooftop...i used to

stay indoor on holi.....in fact i hate holi festival....its kind of rowdism festival in delhi...its unsafe for young gals/ladies....

hi

i had bitter experiences of holi in delhi..........in our society flats ...ppl used to throw waterballons from rooftop...i used to

stay indoor on holi.....in fact i hate holi festival....its kind of rowdism festival in delhi...its unsafe for young gals/ladies....
normally children fill balloonswith coloured water or plain water and target adults.

some may not like it

ladies/ girls do not go freely alone on roads as they might get targetted.

they do move in govt colonies or apartments in groups without any fear and enjoy the festival

hi

What is this TBS Sir? Learn form Rishi mAmA...

He wants to play Holi if he gets a chance, even now!!

I have requested him to make some northies as friends to enable him to play next year! :)

What is this TBS Sir? Learn form Rishi mAmA...

He wants to play Holi if he gets a chance, even now!!

I have requested him to make some northies as friends to enable him to play next year! :)

Dear RR ji,

Holi Ke Peeche Kya Hai..Holi Ke Peeche?

There seems to be a lot of stories behind Holi that no one of what so ever age wants to let go of it.

Dear Renu,

This song is dedicated to all our Holi Holy mAmAs... :angel:

:yo: (yo) mAmAs, I am singing song; Holi song; top song!

Why this Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri pA? (respect instead of dA! :lol: )

Distance-la North-u North-u

NorthulEthAn color-u

Holi background colour-u colour-u

colour-u ellAm bright-u

Why this Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri pA??

A better holi song " R'ang Barse"

with A.bachan,Sanjeev kumar, jaya bhadhuri, rekha in silsila sung by A. Bachan

Will someone post for entertainment for all?

Dear Renu,

This song is dedicated to all our Holi Holy mAmAs... :angel:

:yo: (yo) mAmAs, I am singing song; Holi song; top song!

Why this Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri pA? (respect instead of dA! :lol: )

Distance-la North-u North-u

NorthulEthAn color-u

Holi background colour-u colour-u

colour-u ellAm bright-u

Why this Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri pA??

Ha Ha Ha!

Good one!

RR ji..to make it rhyme..you can say this instead

Why this Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Ji?

Ji rhymes with Veri.

Dear RR ji,

Let add a verse..

My heart is white - u ,white -u

Don't be scared to hug -u,hug- u

Maama wants some color -u,color -u,

Maami dont want to give -u, give -u

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

You are right! Ji rhymes the best. Also to di in the original.

It did not occur to me since I add 'Sir' and not 'Ji' for mAmAs. :becky:

Will ask RR ji..she can sing and record it.
what a misuse of the ladies talent ?

Her Guru will not forgive you for debasing the art of carnatic music .

She is a scholar par excellance in decent sastriya music

Let us not make her go for dabba sangeetham.

I would rather hear her sing sankarabharanam film songs

Dear Renu,

Special stanza for Sing. Chennai naughty mAmAs:

Why this Holi-veri
Holi-veri Holi-veri Holi-veri Ji?

mAmA hair-u white-u, white-u

kEkkarAngO hug-u,

mAmA mansula love-u love-u,
mAmi kaiyilE kambu! :moony:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back