• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Linked Joint Family Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Bangalore real estate developer has announced a project with'Linked Joint Family Homes'' called

Doublements for multi generation families. Each unit comprises of two attached apartments.one which is

larger than the other.Each apartment is complete by itself so independance of family is not compromised.

the doublements have a common foyer that connects twin units.There is also a common balcony between

them.Home buyers can also opt for a sliding wall door between the connected units. These could be homes

for new joint families of old parents and married sons/daughters with children.

the plus point is older and new generations can cope with social differences defined by each generation in

this living arrangement. Food,Drink and TV shows to Gods they worship /not worship-can be as desired by

each generation reducing resentments under one roof.

would we opt for such an arrangement with our kids?

courtesy The Times of India 26th oct 2014

continuing with the post

In one case study, tamil brahmin couple returning to india set up the old parents in india near their house instead of

living together to avoid what he calls mutual abrasiveness when generations cohabitate.They say instead of

undercurrents of resentment under one roof, they would prefer to put them up nearby in comfortable flats.

In another case study a northindian couple preferred to put up the widowed mother of girl separately in a nearby flat

as the mother wanted her own independant space to pursue her own interests

Increasingly old parents do not like to stay with children and viceversa and at the same time live close by so that

they are available to each other if required

Last edited:
I cant understand the obsession of "Hum Saath- Saath Hain" in an Indian life.

I have a strong unproven feeling that we Indians are afraid of being alone and freaking afraid of death.

That is why the obsession to be in one big group forever and ever.

A single step of freedom freaks the living day lights out of anyone.

I also noticed during Diwali that older people tend to desire guests at home and want company of others.

Again I feel as we humans age the fear of death creeps in and we start seeking for company of people to delude our mind that death will never strike me.

Its the false sense of security that humans need and this leads to the need of being in one fat big family.

Mothers do not want to let go of their sons in the joint family system..she exerts control by being the Matriarch.

Many feel mother's love is the strongest love in the world but now again I have an unproven thought that it could be a feel good need to feel young.

A woman's hormonal shelf life starts to wane once she hits 50's and then she has acute cessation in the hormone estrogen.

This is a big psychological blow to her femininity and with the decline she starts to feel less of a female.

Even in cases of breast cancer patients the most devastating effect is removal of breasts and the patient feels she is no longer a woman..that is too much to bear and the removal of breasts worries a person more at times than even loss of life...many breast cancer survivors will tell you this.

Ok back to mothers love...so when a mother hits menopause she feels less feminine and the best way to feel feminine again is to think of one's own child..becos when a mother thinks of her child..she starts to think of the baby years of her child.

Her memory goes back to her younger days where she brought forth life..she feels young again.
May be thats why a mother's love is very strong becos she needs it to feel young again.

Further more Females that stay in a close knit family unit display less mood changes of menopause as oppossed to those staying alone.

So mother's love could just be a biological evolutionary phenomenon that made the survival of the female species possible...after all females live longer than males on an average.

A male on the other hand does not experience a drastic dip in testosterone and he does not need to have too strong fatherly feelings becos he can reproduce anytime if he is capable.

So a love of a father seems less strong as compared to a mother.

A mother needs the memory of childbirth after a certain age to make her feeling young again psychologically and this too lessens the fear of death at an old age and helps her with post menopausal years.

Men tend to fantasize about their young days and recollect all old flames at times..and that too masks their fear of death...at the back of the mind they know they can reproduce if they want..so that generative capacity is their fountain of youth that death cant cast a shadow.

So moral of the story..its the fear of death that leads to Hum Saath Saath Hain feeling to be in big close knit family unit and a mother needs the memory of child birth as the hormonal replacement therapy.

I feel if we can allay the fear of death or the need to hold on to youth we can stay anywhere all alone!LOL

Last edited:
I cant understand the obsession of "Hum Saath- Saath Hain" in an Indian life.

I have a strong unproven feeling that we Indians are afraid of being alone and freaking afraid of death.

That is why the obsession to be in one big group forever and ever.

A single step of freedom freaks the living day lights out of anyone.

< Clipped >

Smt. Renuka,

All that you have written in the above post may be true, I am not contradicting. But in these present days, many old couple like to live separately, enjoying their freedom as best as possible, but the rational part of thinking tells that if an emergency like need for sudden hospitalization arises, or unexpected sudden death happens, under Indian conditions it is rather difficult to help timely help like ambulance or people to handle the dead body, etc. That is one major reason for old people wishing to have their children live nearby.

An old age home may be a good alternative but when you have your own home and the ability to prepare food, etc., most old age homes do not seem attractive enough. Hence many people avoid getting "dumped" in old age homes.

Renukaji,

Your post # 3 for reference:

I am holidaying at my daughter’s house and have a lot of time. So this post has become quite long. If your a-span does permit read it fully otherwise just skip it. No problem.

Your points:

1.You do not understand the concept of living together in a joint family and it looks like an obsession.

2.Indians feel permanently insecure. They are fearing death and loneliness and so try to live in a group always to beat it.

3.As we age and death creeps in slowly but surely we seek company to delude ourselves that death will not strike.

And you have supported your view with:

Women when they reach the menopause try to compensate what they lost by consolidating their control over children by doting. So they wont let go their children. Menopause like breast cancer robs women of a secure feeling that they are valuable as females. Such women tries to go into “malarum ninaivukal” frequently to feel young and wanted. Men do not the equivalent of a menopause and so are ever young in mind. So death does not cast a shadow on males.

Now my thoughts on this:

1. Unlike the old times when we had large houses with servants and all, now it is a flat in which we live. The space has shrunk. So these days the ‘collision frequency’ (to borrow a term from particle physics) of human beings living in the closed space of a residence is uncomfortably high. Human beings generally enjoy the company of other such beings and so he is called a social animal. Man does not mark his territory like a dog does to ferociously defend it from intrusion.

2. Fear of death is a fact. But its inevitability too well understood and so there is no attempt to run away from it into the false comfort zone of a joint family. May be we will go to our graves kicking and crying but never try to escape it by beating it as we know that it is impossible.

3. Celebrations are like a siesta. We voluntarily and deliberately take to it because we enjoy it and love it. More people, more noise and more calories in sweets/a sumptuous lunch or dinner make it more enjoyable. Death or fear of death is far far away when my invited friends and relatives come to my house for Deepavali or a birthday celebration.

4. About the psychology of women past menopause-I do not know much. But I know this much from experience that it is rather the youngsters who would like to have the elders with them these days. The immediate reason is babysitting help. The deeper reason is that the experience of these oldies is really valuable in a crisis. I tell an instance from my experience:

At one particular point of time I was bitten by a stray dog. And this stray dog which was roaming in our neighbourhood died also the next day. That was enough to send me into a frenzy. I had taken the necessary treatment promptly after the bite. But the fact that the dog died (for its own reasons!!) made me go mad. All the unfinished beautiful paintings of the life, all the unkept commitments that will materialize, all the regrets which I had hoped to set right one day and was waiting for that “one day” to come, all the indebtedness for the selfless love and affection showered on me by people and finally all the horror of a death due to rabies-like barking and biting, hydrophobic frenzy etc., made life simply miserable for me. I passed through hell because of my intelligence and the load of info and knowledge I had accumulated. I wished I were just a dumb idiot. My old mother who was observing my restlessness understood what I was going through without a word spoken by me to her. She waited for all in the house to go to sleep. She came to me and we were just one to one in conversation. She explained to me in very few words that she had understood my condition (She like others in the family knew about the dog bite). And then came the gem of an advice. She told me plainly that if I were to die it would be better to accept death and just go. Nothing here will stop because of my death, she told. People will slowly forget me and life will be just normal. So, she told me, it is better not to worry of death. If it were to come let it come. Better accept it by staring at it straight.

This advice had a remarkable effect on me. It was as if a light was switched on in a dark room. That moment I stopped worrying and the fear of imminent death was no more there. The fact that it was a mother advising her son to accept death without making a fuss made that advice a gem. It is a different matter that the death did not come, I am writing this piece here and the dog died due to some other reason. But that is the benefit of having an elder in the family. It was not company looking for mollycoddling to escape fear of death, rather it was a company that helped to accept even death boldly. LOL.

5. Men too, like women, are not just harmones and raw instincts alone. So fear of death does not really matter for men too beyond an age. Before that point of time, there is no time to think of death and hence it really does not matter. LOL.

6. Overall, I found your post a reductionist medico’s view of living together in a joint family. I know your harmones, mammogram and hemogram and so I know you-appears to be the line. Life is much more than the veins, sinews and lipids. It is mainly mind and it is far more beautiful than the monotonous rhythm of a beating heart.

7. linked Joint family homes appears to be a marvellous solution.

Smt. Renuka,

All that you have written in the above post may be true, I am not contradicting. But in these present days, many old couple like to live separately, enjoying their freedom as best as possible, but the rational part of thinking tells that if an emergency like need for sudden hospitalization arises, or unexpected sudden death happens, under Indian conditions it is rather difficult to help timely help like ambulance or people to handle the dead body, etc. That is one major reason for old people wishing to have their children live nearby.

An old age home may be a good alternative but when you have your own home and the ability to prepare food, etc., most old age homes do not seem attractive enough. Hence many people avoid getting "dumped" in old age homes.

Dear Sangom ji,

Thank you for at least acknowledging that I might have a point..in fact before typing this post I told my unproven "theory" to my mother and she got real mad with me!LOL

I agree with you that people as they age want children near by in case of emergencies.

Actually if we dissect life it seems very self centred an existence..most of us are actually interacting with others totally for ourselves even though we might not want to agree most of the while.

may be thats why religion advocates not getting too attached to life..life is a very personal journey to start with and it ends on a very personal note too.

My answers in blue:

Renukaji,

Your post # 3 for reference:

And you have supported your view with:

Women when they reach the menopause try to compensate what they lost by consolidating their control over children by doting. So they wont let go their children. Menopause like breast cancer robs women of a secure feeling that they are valuable as females. Such women tries to go into “malarum ninaivukal” frequently to feel young and wanted. Men do not the equivalent of a menopause and so are ever young in mind. So death does not cast a shadow on males.

I did not say that death does not cast a shadow on males as to mean that males dont fear death..but to highlight that the male has no acute 0% testosterone and may be able to reproduce if he is capable and hence he does not latch on to children as much as a mother does. Fatherly love is less emotional..its more practical.

Now my thoughts on this:

1. Human beings generally enjoy the company of other such beings and so he is called a social animal. Man does not mark his territory like a dog does to ferociously defend it from intrusion.

I am born in the Chinese Zodiac of the year of the dog..I am very protective of my territory to some extent that is I value my personal space and time very much..so having many people under the same roof 24/7 will feel claustrophobic for sure. Socializing is different becos that is transient..just meet up..have fun and go home..but staying with so many people is not transient.

2. Fear of death is a fact. But its inevitability too well understood and so there is no attempt to run away from it into the false comfort zone of a joint family. May be we will go to our graves kicking and crying but never try to escape it by beating it as we know that it is impossible.

The other day one of my mum's bests of friends who is an elderly lady was saying that she is not scared of death and is actually waiting for it..so my mum was praising her.I told my mum that her friend is in acute fear! She wants to hear someone comfort her that dont worry you wont die so soon.

I still feel we humans delude ourselves by having others around us..we feel that if Yama throws his noose in a crowd it might land on someone else..if we are alone than it lands on us!LOL

3. Celebrations are like a siesta. We voluntarily and deliberately take to it because we enjoy it and love it. More people, more noise and more calories in sweets/a sumptuous lunch or dinner make it more enjoyable. Death or fear of death is far far away when my invited friends and relatives come to my house for Deepavali or a birthday celebration.

I somehow do not like noise as much..I am reminded of a relative who told me that he likes the sound of kids running around and lots of noise at home especially during Diwali and I told him he should buy a house near a railway station it can be Diwali everyday with the noise!LOL

At one particular point of time I was bitten by a stray dog. And this stray dog which was roaming in our neighbourhood died also the next day. That was enough to send me into a frenzy. I had taken the necessary treatment promptly after the bite. But the fact that the dog died (for its own reasons!!) made me go mad.

Hey! You and I have similar Karma..at the age of 16 I was bitten by a dog too and I needed 5 stitches! It happened so fast that I did not even feel pain and only when I saw blood I felt pain.

The dog that bite me is a serial bitter(my friend's dog) and it did not die but at the age of 16 who cares about rabies and dying.I was not scared of dying becos I did not think of it mainly becos Rabies was eradicated long back in Msia.

But 2 days ago a mosquito bit me and I got scared! Dengue fever is a silent killer!

All the unfinished beautiful paintings of the life, all the unkept commitments that will materialize, all the regrets which I had hoped to set right one day and was waiting for that “one day” to come, all the indebtedness for the selfless love and affection showered on me by people and finally all the horror of a death due to rabies-like barking and biting, hydrophobic frenzy etc., made life simply miserable for me. I passed through hell because of my intelligence and the load of info and knowledge I had accumulated.

I dont regret loading myself with knowledge..without knowledge we will never really know that we are indeed ignorant.

I wished I were just a dumb idiot.

It takes time..dont worry..everyone reaches that state finally.

6. Overall, I found your post a reductionist medico’s view of living together in a joint family. I know your harmones, mammogram and hemogram and so I know you-appears to be the line. Life is much more than the veins, sinews and lipids. It is mainly mind and it is far more beautiful than the monotonous rhythm of a beating heart.

Its not a medico's view..I was just wondering that humans are basically self centred creatures..there must be some deep insecurity and selfish pursuits to need each other..otherwise why would Sage Yajnavalkya said "that is not for the sake of the other that one is loved but for the sake of Self"

The Self in us needs constant love and attention and we give it sentiments once it enters our mind..but plain truth bursts that bubble of sentiments.

7. linked Joint family homes appears to be a marvellous solution.

For gossiping it would be great!LOL

very interesting exchange between renukaji and vaagmiji

Frankly I think Linked joint family homes is a decent solution.

I got interested as I was trying to create one such home.

I had thought of getting a 4BHK flat and divide into into two with alterations to make two units with some linkages.

let me see if I succeed.

2. IMHO it is not fear of death that is the driving force.it is to have some one close by in time of dire need as a back

up for some task requiring physical help or skill I do not possess. next is personal safety. cities have become jungles.

in the the event of physical attack by unknown elements, it may not be death but partial disability or injury one might have to live with.

also. we bury ourself in society flats with security ,doors with magic eye and screening visitors.A buffer next door helps

as it means one more layer of security
3 I require my own personal space and time.I would not like anyone to invade it.selectively i would like to interact to

satisfy my needs and interests if possible and would expect others of next generation to value themselves to live

their life as per their interests .primarily I tend to believe every human is self centred to some extent and lives for himself

first. if he has excess of anything ,he might share it with others.then it might be for his own ego satisfaction and for

creating an image of caring for others

3 I require my own personal space and time.I would not like anyone to invade it.selectively i would like to interact to

satisfy my needs and interests if possible and would expect others of next generation to value themselves to live

their life as per their interests .primarily I tend to believe every human is self centred to some extent and lives for himself

first. if he has excess of anything ,he might share it with others.then it might be for his own ego satisfaction and for

creating an image of caring for others

Dear Krish ji,

I agree with this even though many might not want to admit it.

I have noted that many who care for others actually at times do it to mask some personal unhappiness or for even creating an image.

A total 100% selfless person hardly exists..the human existence is a very conditional existence.

It needs constant input to have an output.

Its the best described as symbiotic interdependence with the human ego being the substratum.

Personal space as you said its important to a great extent...something which is seldom understood by many people and is often thought of being selfish and self centered.

But we can only recharge ourselves when we are alone...with too many people around us we hardly get time to be ourselves.

That way the internet is a great tool to create an impersonal personal space..the moment we log out everything disappears. No one exists even in our mind.

Its like a mini Pralaya!

But whatever said and done..human life is strange..even those who want to seclude themselves cant stop thinking of those they choose to ignore.

Last edited:
Dear Krish ji,

I agree with this even though many might not want to admit it.

I have noted that many who care for others actually at times do it to mask some personal unhappiness or for even creating an image.

A total 100% selfless person hardly exists..the human existence is a very conditional existence.

It needs constant input to have an output.

Its the best described as symbiotic interdependence with the human ego being the substratum.

Personal space as you said its important to a great extent...something which is seldom understood by many people and is often thought of being selfish and self centered.

But we can only recharge ourselves when we are alone...with too many people around us we hardly get time to be ourselves.

That way the internet is a great tool to create an impersonal personal space..the moment we log out everything disappears. No one exists even in our mind.

Its like a mini Pralaya!

But whatever said and done..human life is strange..even those who want to seclude themselves cant stop thinking of those they choose to ignore.

Dear Renuka,

Humans are not designed to be lonely. Interactions with others are essential as a purpose of life. But I agree that some people like to be lonely and I would think that is to form a part of their experience so that they understand being lonely in the sense of wanting to exclude others and not wanting to have interactions is anti nature.

Dear Renuka,

Humans are not designed to be lonely. Interactions with others are essential as a purpose of life. But I agree that some people like to be lonely and I would think that is to form a part of their experience so that they understand being lonely in the sense of wanting to exclude others and not wanting to have interactions is anti nature.

Dear Sravna,

There is a difference between loneliness and "aloneness".

In loneliness one desires others and feels lonely.He needs others to make his existence complete becos he views himself as separate from others.

In aloneness..one realizes that he is part of the whole picture and is in tune with everything around him. When he is part of everything why does he have to feel lonely?

Now coming to the anti nature phenomenon..its the people who seek the company of others that are anti nature becos they havent realized that Nature is all about being in tuned with the flow of existence. Such types need constant interaction and their life is basically a crowded lonely life.

On the other hand the one who sees himself as part of the existence as a whole..does not need anyone in specific to be around him..not becos he is anti nature but becos he is part of nature..the whole picture..a Holistic view.

He might be alone but he is never lonely.He sees existence in everything..even a tree or a stone is a "being' to him for he sees the life force flowing thru it.

He might want to exclude himself from others not becos he does not like them but the joy and bliss he gets by being alone and yet totally connected with existence is beyond words.

Last edited:
Dear Sangom ji,

Thank you for at least acknowledging that I might have a point..in fact before typing this post I told my unproven "theory" to my mother and she got real mad with me!LOL

I agree with you that people as they age want children near by in case of emergencies.

Actually if we dissect life it seems very self centred an existence..most of us are actually interacting with others totally for ourselves even though we might not want to agree most of the while.

may be thats why religion advocates not getting too attached to life..life is a very personal journey to start with and it ends on a very personal note too.

Smt. Renuka,

I remember one advice from a Tibetan Lama in one book; he says, life itself is a long (or short, depending upon one's longevity) preparation for death, which appears mysterious and forbidding to every living entity. And, although you are born with your mother by your side, usually our death comes to us alone; the next person sitting at the bedside will not, ordinarily, die. Yet, when you live amidst a society, it is not possible for the society to allow one to simply die and leave the dead body to rot completely. Hence, each one of us requires four or five persons to complete our final exit and our children are the best suited for helping this final procession! Beyond this there is no selfishness, no hormones more, or less, no possessiveness, etc., in anyone desiring their children to be living nearby. In a way, it is a socital need which we are trying to fulfil; Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, लाश mukt Bhaarat!

Smt. Renuka,

I remember one advice from a Tibetan Lama in one book; he says, life itself is a long (or short, depending upon one's longevity) preparation for death, which appears mysterious and forbidding to every living entity. And, although you are born with your mother by your side, usually our death comes to us alone; the next person sitting at the bedside will not, ordinarily, die. Yet, when you live amidst a society, it is not possible for the society to allow one to simply die and leave the dead body to rot completely. Hence, each one of us requires four or five persons to complete our final exit and our children are the best suited for helping this final procession! Beyond this there is no selfishness, no hormones more, or less, no possessiveness, etc., in anyone desiring their children to be living nearby. In a way, it is a socital need which we are trying to fulfil; Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, लाश mukt Bhaarat!

Dear Sangom ji,

Its fear that does not want to allow the body to rot becos the human ego wants to exists even after its death and society is needed to make sure a dead body is given its final send off.The human mind does not want to picture itself rotting.The love and the identification with the body is just too strong.

BTW why should anyone fear even if no one knows we are dead and rotting?

God has designed the human body such that it smells the worst after death...the carcasses of animals do not smell as bad(speaking from an autopsy of a 1 week decomposed corpse experience)

So with such strong olfactory signals its almost impossible for people to miss it..so someone who cant stand the stench will surely inform the relevant disposable unit for further management.

Last edited:
Dear Sangom ji,

Its fear that does not want to allow the body to rot becos the human ego wants to exists even after its death and society is needed to make sure a dead body is given its final send off.The human mind does not want to picture itself rotting.The love and the identification with the body is just too strong.

BTW why should anyone fear even if no one knows we are dead and rotting?

God has designed the human body such that it smells the worst after death...the carcasses of animals do not smell as bad(speaking from an autopsy of a 1 week decomposed corpse experience)

So with such strong olfactory signals its almost impossible for people to miss it..so some one who cant stand the stench will surely inform the relevant disposable unit for further management.

Hindus do not believe in letting their bodies become compost for the organisms that populate the soil. There is a certain amount of ego involved there because a grave becomes still a piece of property 6'x3' owned by the departed soul.

If I were truly unfettered I should wish that I should just be forgotten the day I leave this place. Hindus get the bodies burnt perhaps for this reason. And the body becomes a havish in the yajna performed after their death.

And it is very sensible and convenient too that you just leave everything and go to be just forgotten. No waiting period in the purgatory , no day of judgment, no anxiety about the judgment etc., LOL.

And it is very sensible and convenient too that you just leave everything and go to be just forgotten. No waiting period in the purgatory , no day of judgment, no anxiety about the judgment etc., LOL.

The Hindu mind does not remain free from anxiety after death..many fear they wont get Shraadha!

The Hindu mind does not remain free from anxiety after death..many fear they wont get Shraadha!

Your understanding is wrong. Well informed people never say that shradhdha satisfies the pitr. They say that the shradhdha adds shreyas to the performer of the shradhdha.

Your understanding is wrong. Well informed people never say that shradhdha satisfies the pitr. They say that the shradhdha adds shreyas to the performer of the shradhdha.

So that means Pitrs do not curse I guess!

So why is it we hear people saying Pitr Dosh when it is not meant for the Pitrs to start with?

BTW Manu Smirti talks about Pitrs being satisfied longer by exotic meat that can be found in the Serengeti!

What say you?

So that means Pitrs do not curse I guess!

So why is it we hear people saying Pitr Dosh when it is not meant for the Pitrs to start with?

BTW Manu Smirti talks about Pitrs being satisfied longer by exotic meat that can be found in the Serengeti!

What say you?

AkrithyAnAmcha karanam and krithyAnAm varjanam will earn the wrath of pitr as well as God.

AkrithyAnAmcha karanam and krithyAnAm varjanam will earn the wrath of pitr as well as God.

I dont know about Pitrs..but does God ever get angry?

The angry God syndrome is an Abrahamic concept.

Have you realized that the concept of God reflects the state of mind of its followers?

The angry God concept is seen in Abrahamic religions becos they are never in peace.

Hindus used to be peace loving..so God is Karuna Sagara and ever loving.

Only now Hindus tend to think that God can get angry which is not correct and not healthy cos that reflects our lack of peace and personal anger.

Last edited:
The angry God strikes fear in the hearts of "believers".

This is the same as saying that a child never learns the difference between right and wrong, and only does not do something to avoid punishment.

Hindus used to be peace loving..so God is Karuna Sagara and ever loving.

Krishna and Rama got angry several times when bhaktas, sishyas and rishis were abused, insulted and were not allowed to perform their duties.

Our scriptures are full of incidents og bhagawan getting angru when bhagavatas were harmed.

Hindus are peaceful and often suffer in silence and leave it god to punish tormentors and sinners.

War, violence and punishment are necessary to protect the 'good' from the 'bad'.

Krishna and Rama got angry several times when bhaktas, sishyas and rishis were abused, insulted and were not allowed to perform their duties.

Our scriptures are full of incidents og bhagawan getting angru when bhagavatas were harmed.

Hindus are peaceful and often suffer in silence and leave it god to punish tormentors and sinners.

War, violence and punishment are necessary to protect the 'good' from the 'bad'.

You are humanizing God hence you feel God gets angry.

God has no vested interest of any kind to feel emotions.

For God its all a Leela..its a sport for God cos God does not get involved emotionally with any act.

Its the Bhaktas who want the feeling of a God capable of anger so that they can feel protected from their so called tormentors as and when needed.

Everything of God is Madhuram..Madhuradipathe Akhilam Maduram

It very much depends on how you define "god" (or God). The brahman does not have these human attributes. I do not trust these story writers, unless you believe in J.K. Rowling's type of story.

Ask a billion hindus; one must trust those who are trust worthy. Why not attend a katha kalakshepam or upanyasam or write to sun tv after watching their morning programme, that jk rowling is a bettter story teller than vyasa or valmiki?

It very much depends on how you define "god" (or God). The brahman does not have these human attributes. I do not trust these story writers, unless you believe in J.K. Rowling's type of story.

Ask a billion hindus; one must trust those who are trust worthy. Why not attend a katha kalakshepam or upanyasam or write to sun tv after watching their morning programme, that jk rowling is a bettter story teller than vyasa or valmiki?

Dear Sarang ji,

There is a difference between trust and faith.

Trust can be cultivated or taught..it is largely influenced by cultural and environmental factors depending on the society we are brought up in.

Trust is believing another's version..Trust is a hand me down. Trust is always external.

Faith on the other hand can not be cultivated or taught.

Faith is believing in our personal experience without cultural or environmental influences. Faith is internal.

The Upanishads never talk about Trust or Beliefs at all..all they talk is about Faith.

Final diagnosis :Trust is borrowed..Faith is Original.

After all the saying goes: Shraddhavan Labhate Jnaanam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back