• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Linked Joint Family Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't have faith in vedas, upanishads, scriptures and the vast religious literature, or trust in the rishis, acharyas and gurus, and want to follow a path of your own, fine, no one is stopping you. You must thank your stars that you have not inherited your nation's faith.

Dear Sarang ji,

There is a difference between trust and faith.

Trust can be cultivated or taught..it is largely influenced by cultural and environmental factors depending on the society we are brought up in.

Trust is believing another's version..Trust is a hand me down. Trust is always external.

Faith on the other hand can not be cultivated or taught.

Faith is believing in our personal experience without cultural or environmental influences. Faith is internal.

The Upanishads never talk about Trust or Beliefs at all..all they talk is about Faith.

Final diagnosis :Trust is borrowed..Faith is Original.

After all the saying goes: Shraddhavan Labhate Jnaanam.

Sorry I have not been following this thread. Just thought of sharing this following picture, if joint family system is rooted out, we miss moments like this, which would last a lifetime:

10422398_10204241269485862_5607336676092170430_n.jpg

Ask a billion hindus; one must trust those who are trust worthy. Why not attend a katha kalakshepam or upanyasam or write to sun tv after watching their morning programme, that jk rowling is a bettter story teller than vyasa or valmiki?
You know nothing about me, and for the last time ignore my post, it is not for you, I ignore your rants.
I grew up with katha kalakshepam. As long as one wants to hear a story and another narrate, storytelling will continue to be an interesting way to spend time. I also grew up reading Aesop's Fables, and Jataka Tales. I have read and visited some of the sites described in Greek Mythology. That does not make it divine.

If you ask 1000 people about you, what do I care their answer is. If you are rational and can discuss without emotions one can have a discussion. I do not argue with .....

If you don't have faith in vedas, upanishads, scriptures and the vast religious literature, or trust in the rishis, acharyas and gurus, and want to follow a path of your own, fine, no one is stopping you. You must thank your stars that you have not inherited your nation's faith.

Again you do not know what you are talking about. If you believed and had faith in every Guru, MAY GOD HELP YOU LOL. Intelligent people have this quality about them that they can Discern what is right. Only fools follow blindly.

I do not follow any leader.
Sihan ke lehde nahin, hasan ke nahin path
Lalan ki nahin borian, sadhu na chale jamat.

I blaze my own trail. I do follow the advice of great souls.
Shankara, Vivekananda, Chinmayananda and many more great souls I read and listen. I inherited the qualities of questioning every action, just like Natchiketa did. Oh by the way Natchiketa figures in Katha Upanishad.

Sorry I have not been following this thread. Just thought of sharing this following picture, if joint family system is rooted out, we miss moments like this, which would last a lifetime:

10422398_10204241269485862_5607336676092170430_n.jpg

jr,
that photo speaks volumes. Very poignant. God bless you.

You are humanizing God hence you feel God gets angry.

God has no vested interest of any kind to feel emotions.

For God its all a Leela..its a sport for God cos God does not get involved emotionally with any act.

Its the Bhaktas who want the feeling of a God capable of anger so that they can feel protected from their so called tormentors as and when needed.

Everything of God is Madhuram..Madhuradipathe Akhilam Maduram

you do not like your hand hitting your eyes. If that happens it would mean some thing different.

you do not like your hand hitting your eyes. If that happens it would mean some thing different.

This is usually seen in a Cerebellar Disorder where co ordination is lost and the hand might actually even hit the eye!LOL

I blaze my own trail.

The 'trail blaze' is visible and noisy and smelly. If you stick to commenting without bringing personalities, you will be a reformed soul. You have been told not to several times in the past, but bad karmas are difficult to dissolve.

Try once more to be normal!

LOL! How come I missed this!

I wonder how you came to the conclusion that I do not have faith in Vedas,Upanishads etc when my reply to you was quoting the Geeta and Upanishad.

I dont have to thank my stars for anything..I only have to thank God for everything.

Only those who do not have faith in God thank stars and planets!LOL

BTW Sarang ji...my post to you earlier was an explanatory mode in polite tones but instead I get an emotionally charged reply from you..that too being highly judgmental of the religion of my nation.

All religions preach the same truth and peace. Its only fanatics that ruin religion.

Last edited:
If you don't have faith, then - does not mean it is a conclusion. If the well is dry, there is no water to drink - does not conclude that the well is dry.

No more talk about your national religion unless there is a specific need or compulsion. The world will be a better place if we talk less and act more.

LOL! How come I missed this!

I wonder how you came to the conclusion that I do not have faith in Vedas,Upanishads etc when my reply to you was quoting the Geeta and Upanishad.

I dont have to thank my stars for anything..I only have to thank God for everything.

Only those who do not have faith in God thank stars and planets!LOL

BTW Sarang ji...my post to you earlier was an explanatory mode in polite tones but instead I get an emotionally charged reply from you..that too being highly judgmental of the religion of my nation.

All religions preach the same truth and peace. Its only fanatics that ruin religion.

If you don't have faith, then - does not mean it is a conclusion. If the well is dry, there is no water to drink - does not conclude that the well is dry.

No more talk about your national religion unless there is a specific need or compulsion. The world will be a better place if we talk less and act more.

How are you so sure you have faith? You keep repeating it non stop..that shows that you are unsure of your faith.

I read somewhere before that "the sun rises daily and no one goes on repeating that they believe and have faith that the sun rises" its becos they have faith that they do not have to keep insisting.

Time for introspection Sarang ji..I have a strong feeling you seriously lack faith.

You only believe that you have faith but please hear your inner voice..ask yourself tonite "Do I have faith?"

Dont be surprised to hear only the echo of your own question..cos no one is going to answer you if you lack faith.

Try it..dont be scared to find out the truth.

Truth can be scary but at least you know where you stand.

You are getting yourself into knots. You may proceed with your soliloquy; good luck to your rambling and stream of consciousness journey!

How are you so sure you have faith? You keep repeating it non stop..that shows that you are unsure of your faith.

I read somewhere before that "the sun rises daily and no one goes on repeating that they believe and have faith that the sun rises" its becos they have faith that they do not have to keep insisting.

Time for introspection Sarang ji..I have a strong feeling you seriously lack faith.

You only believe that you have faith but please hear your inner voice..ask yourself tonite "Do I have faith?"

Dont be surprised to hear only the echo of your own question..cos no one is going to answer you if you lack faith.

Try it..dont be scared to find out the truth.

Truth can be scary but at least you know where you stand.

You are getting yourself into knots. You may proceed with your soliloquy; good luck to your rambling and stream of consciousness journey!

I guess you are the only realized soul and the rest are in knots and dry wells!LOL

I see fear in you now.

You do not seem to have faith in yourself anymore.

The moment you are questioned your very foundation shakes and you refuse to answer but you have no problem commenting that others lack faith in Vedas,Upanishads etc.

You feel that its you who speaks words and others only ramble.

Well I guess this is what happens when one relies fully on senses and the very foundation crumbles with a Richter of 10.

Best of Luck to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back