• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jesudas's comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of admiring irrelevant personal attacks and unconnected vedanta quotes (which are not practiced), I think the original poster may like to see focus on the topic in question.

Of all these people in the picture, the most sensible people that I see are Kunal Kohli and Abhijit Bhattacharya. Rest of them, seem to pour emotions but not reasoning.

Afterall, it could be a slip of the tongue, wrong reasoning, old age, somebody in the function may have attired inappropriately with jeans etc. Going by KJY history, he doesn't to seem have such any past 'bad criminal history'. Hence as a benefit of doubt - it would be prudent for media to ask him back whether he goes true by his statement. Instead of pouncing on him.

On top of that, as I said earlier, "I wouldn't regard to the counsel of my tyke on driving an auto nor get medical exhortation from an architect. It is miles separated and nonsensical." KJY is not the authority of women wear by any means. So making a big issue out of this would be to live by lack of reasoning.

Disclaimer: However, I do not support his views.

B-Town and music fraternity erupt in outrage over Yesudas' sexist comment
Hindustan Times

attachment.php

No one cursed anyone to die;

This is what that was written by me to Krish ji;

Hatred is a dish best served cold..its so cold that the person who serves it eventually freezes.
If I were you..I wont worry too much about any stalker..watch them freeze.

There is no name mentioned here and it was a general line just indicating that anyone who hates and stalks freezes solely due to his/her own actions. In fact there is no mention of death too in what I wrote.

So why should anyone think I am cursing them to die.

In fact the post was not even directed to the person who is complaining the most now...it was a reply I was giving to Krish ji's post.

Last edited:
Dear DRB,

I am quite a point blank person..if I want to deal with anyone directly I deal with them directly.

You can see for yourself that some member and I dealt with each other directly in another thread.

Even though that member and I have fully opposing views and we can directly shoot out at each other...I hold no grudge against that person and I am pretty sure he too holds no grudge against me even though we can "fight" it out in an avalanche of words.

From now on I guess every post I write I should put a disclaimer that "this post is not directed to anyone in specific"

I cant do anything if others start imagining I am talking about them.

Its not fair that you too respond to all the posts I write and then cry foul.

If you want to play any game please have sportsmanship.

Do I go around complaining about you?

Last edited:
Anyway, I have nothing against you and just thought to share since you asked.

drbji,
Thanks for a reasonable note. I have no fight with you. I said my piece on this site and rest we have settled ourselves. I am happy to end it on that note.

Last edited:
LOL!

It seems some website posted a pic of Jesudas's daughter in law(Darshana) clad in jeans.

And the story goes that when Vijay Jesudas first time saw Darshana..he fell in love at 1st sight and she was clad in a white top and a pair of blue jeans!

BTW the story is much more than Jesudas asking woman not to wear jeans.

He seemed to have commented rather badly.He was blaming women all the way;

He said :

"What should be covered must be covered. Women should not trouble others by wearing jeans. When they wear jean, all you can notice are the things beyond those jeans. Women should not try to become like men but must behave modestly. The attire is inappropriate of Indian culture and what lends beauty to a woman is her modesty and politeness," said 74-year-old singer.

He also added that jeans clad women must not try to arouse the passions of vulnerable men, who might be led into temptation and it is a big sin if women try to arouse these passion in men

It seems to be Jesudas must be having X ray vision..I have no idea what is talking about when he said one can notice things beyond the jeans!LOL

Now what is beyond the jeans?

Its like a Jeans Ke Peeche Kya Hai.

Someone should a write a song on this!LOL

Last edited:
National Women's panel head slams Yesudas's 'jeans' remark

Criticising legendary singer K J Yesudas for his remark against women wearing jeans, Chairperson of National Commission for Women, Lalitha Kumaramangalam, today said it was unfortunate that such an "unethical" comment was made by the top-notch singer. 'It is unfortunate that such a statement has been made by a man who has been so much in public life, whatever may be his personal view ...There is nothing illegal in it but it was unethical," Kumaramangalam told Mathrubhumi News. Speaking at a Gandhi Jayanthi function here, Yesudas had said, "women should not cause trouble to others by wearing jeans.... What should be covered must be covered." The legendary Malayali singer, who always appears in pristine white 'dhothi' and 'kurta' also said that attire like jeans was against Indian culture, which valued modesty as the greatest quality of women. The comment by the 74-year-old playback singer and Carnatic vocalist sparked instant protests from women organisations of different political hues.

Source: National Women's panel head slams Yesudas's 'jeans' remark | News Today

She has to sing this tune as she is head of NCW. She should have said, 'ignore'. There are many girls' school principals, some from delhi who had voiced concerns over inappropriate dressing. Some time ago, the head of bangalore chapter of ncw was made to resign because she supported sensible dressing.

Some time back one of the big bindis (vandana siva, usha uthup type activists) was asked whether she will allow her daughter to go to pubs and parties in revealing clothes; initially she said - I will not interfere, then I will advise her to be careful, then in the end said - I will try to stop her; gradually moving towards a sensible decision. Another activist is more irrational - how can jesudas say this; he is a victim of discrimination in guruvayur, and he supports discrimination.

Jesudas has given an advice in a gandhi jayanti function, and the advice is appropriate in that environment. I am sure majority of the audience supported him; did not boo him out.

Last edited:
Don't jump. Wait till someone puts an authentic translation; I believe he talked in malayalam.

Recently the washington post was trolled for a so called racist cartoon denigrating mars mission, indian space programme, and modi with a doti/topi clad aam admi. Many fb posts were in malayalam. When one guy asked - what is this language, the reply post was - 'it is malayalam', in malayalam.

BTW the story is much more than Jesudas asking woman not to wear jeans.

He seemed to have commented rather badly.He was blaming women all the way;

He said :

It seems to be Jesudas must be having X ray vision..I have no idea what is talking about when he said one can notice things beyond the jeans!LOL

Now what is beyond the jeans?

Its like a Jeans Ke Peeche Kya Hai.

Someone should a write a song on this!LOL

Since posts that initiated this disparaging comments by them were deleted - I can summarize - I requested some information, and another user replied back with his opinion. I liked it and thanked. RR, Renuka, Krish etc didn't like it and in the name of 'fun' called me and few others 'Jalra'. I politely disagreed. But they continued their ridicule and took further steps -- kumbaya etc. I reported to admin and he removed the posts...........
I wish 'that' thread was kept in tact, so that such false reports will not appear! I shall tell the J story again:

When VR maam pointed out that it is easy to comment on others lyrics but there is pain and pleasure while composing,

one senior member wrote harsh comments against her and drb Ji wrote, 'I concur' - may be without knowing that the

post was against a member, who provides a lot of information to this forum! If a person concurs with a bashing post,

he sure is a J, imho! Hence I posted the picture. That is it.

Dear Renu,

I think Sri Y.D was confused while talking about jeans. He might have had a plump female clad in a short top and jeans in mind! :tsk:

As I wrote earlier, jeans is a decent attire IFF worn with a loose, long top; and that white top which created 'love at first sight'

should have been long enough!! :cool:

Dear Prasad Sir,

Thanks for your concern! Getting bashed is nothing new to me. :)

Sometimes I wonder why I am still hanging around in forum! :lol:

Jesudas has given an advice in a gandhi jayanti function, and the advice is appropriate in that environment. I am sure majority of the audience supported him; did not boo him out.

Precisely. Knee jerk response ought to be dodged.

Otherwise it shows lack of reasoning which separates humans from rest. Media could have asked him straight, as opposed to this.......shows marketing sales strategy which is truly woeful for this situation.

Alternatively, why do we even have to listen to his recommendation? Is he the authority on what to wear in each family? Doesn't this get too personal too take? This adulation business of celebrities deludes public to fall into trap in falling on somebody's feet or indiscriminately after.

I wish 'that' thread was kept in tact, so that such false reports will not appear! I shall tell the J story again:
When VR maam pointed out that it is easy to comment on others lyrics but there is pain and pleasure while composing,
one senior member wrote harsh comments against her and drb Ji wrote, 'I concur' - may be without knowing that the
post was against a member, who provides a lot of information to this forum! If a person concurs with a bashing post,
he sure is a J, imho! Hence I posted the picture. That is it.

This in itself is a false report.

What was pointed out by the "senior member" was that while there is pain and pleasure while composing, the composed item should not be mediocre causing pain to those who read that. This is a factual comment and not an acidic harsh comment.

A mocking reply was posted by my elder sister that there is no truth discernible by her in this and that invited a reply from the "senior" member.

Another member drb ji posted saying he/she concurs with the comments of the "senior" member.

At this point my younger sister makes an entry in the scene and posts the J remark and calls it historic jingling to add color and temperature.

Who wants all the information that is provided if the provider does not know how to control self in the forum (the member has gone to the lowest extent possible by calling some other member a dog in cleverly packed words). The lot of info is mostly copy pasting and those who have a lot of 4th quadrant time come and lap it up yawning. And providing "lot of info" can not bestow any right to pick up a quarrel with members in the forum.

Saying that a kavithai is not written with நேர் நேர், நேர் நிரை etc and then filled up with words and that a kavithai comes naturally to a poet with ethukai and monai is not bashing. It is plain grammar. There is a Malayalam saying "மூக்கில்லா ராஜ்யத்து முறிமூக்கன் ராஜாவு" meaning in a country of people with no nose, a fellow with a broken nose is King. When mediocrity is celebrated, it gets emboldened to write a Ramayana and claim that it is better than Valmiki's epic. Lo! We are fortunate that we do not have a சீத்தலை சாத்தனார். The poor fellow would have died bleeding after reading all the "valuable info and kavithais that are dished out in todays world-virtual world included. LOL-this is not the "லொள்" that a respectable member here discovered after a lot of research using Google transliteration etc.,

I did not want to get into this spat. But I have been drawn out.

For me the bottomline is this: If your posts are respected they will say that. If there is scope for criticism people will criticise the posts. If you feel you are stalked or bullied complain to the moderator and he will act to do a clean up job and warn appropriately. As long as you are allowed to be alive and keep kicking here, it means you are not a bully or a stalker of any one. May be people suffer from delusions that they are stalked or bullied and would better consult a psychologist for advice.

LORL.

Last edited:
vaagmi sir has spoken at last.

all stalkers and bullies can rest in peace.

unless the moderator takes offence , they are OK and they can continue with their noble acts.

why should one go to psychologists if it a delusion

let us start a new thread ' how to find an on line match'

this is for people who are at loggerheads and are dissatisfied with posts of tradtitional orthodox TBs of this forum.

they can locate matches online and who knows what happens on dates.

they can be far off from stalkers and faultfinders of this forum.lol

This cartoon buzz has probably come to a deserving end. NYT has apologized in the FB war. Why malayalees were in the forefront of attack - because many ISRO scientists and staff are malayalees.

The NYT has now issued an apology on their Facebook page.
'A large number of readers have complained about a recent editorial cartoon in The International New York Times, about India's foray into space exploration. The intent of the cartoonist, Heng Kim Song, was to highlight how space exploration is no longer the exclusive domain of rich, Western countries. Mr. Heng, who is based in Singapore, uses images and text - often in a provocative way - to make observations about international affairs. We apologize to readers who were offended by the choice of images in this cartoon. Mr. Heng was in no way trying to impugn India, its government or its citizens. We appreciate that readers have shared their feedback, which we welcome. — Andrew Rosenthal, Editorial Page Editor'

Last edited:
This cartoon buzz has probably come to a deserving end. WSJ has apologized in the FB war. Why malayalees were in the forefront of attack - because many ISRO scientists and staff are malayalees.

The NYT has now issued an apology on their Facebook page.
'A large number of readers have complained about a recent editorial cartoon in The International New York Times, about India's foray into space exploration. The intent of the cartoonist, Heng Kim Song, was to highlight how space exploration is no longer the exclusive domain of rich, Western countries. Mr. Heng, who is based in Singapore, uses images and text - often in a provocative way - to make observations about international affairs. We apologize to readers who were offended by the choice of images in this cartoon. Mr. Heng was in no way trying to impugn India, its government or its citizens. We appreciate that readers have shared their feedback, which we welcome. — Andrew Rosenthal, Editorial Page Editor'

Dear Sarang ji,

Remember the pic of the female staff of ISRO hugging each other?

The one where they were dressed in sarees and had flowers in their hair?

Some non Indian person from here saw that pic and he told me that he could not believe his eyes that the female scientists looked like some housewife.

He said he was expecting a scientist with that much caliber to look a bit more sophisticated and be sharp in appearance.

I told him may be he has been watching too many space sci- fi flicks.

So I guess each person is judgmental in their own way.

He just could not believe that simple looking women could be so intelligent.

Last edited:
all stalkers and bullies can rest in peace.
unless the moderator takes offence , they are OK and they can continue with their noble acts.

Yeah krish 44 could only give a half salute and that too a left handed one. Stalkers and bullies identified by the deluded lot! you all rest in peace-in the purgatory and wait for the day of judgment.

why should one go to psychologists if it a delusion

The ghost has to be exorcised. Otherwise it keeps troubling. A suitor this moment may turn a stalker next moment. Hell of a lot of mutual backslapping that goes on can in a moment of suspicion become groping.

let us start a new thread ' how to find an on line match'. this is for people who are at loggerheads and are dissatisfied with posts of tradtitional orthodox TBs of this forum. they can locate matches online and who knows what happens on dates. they can be far off from stalkers and faultfinders of this forum.lol

The matches have already been found. The forum has done a wonderful job. கற்றாரைக் கற்றாரே காமுறுவர், கல்வியறிவில்லா மூர்க்கரை மூர்க்கர் உகப்பர்". Birds of the same flock feel that they are all stalked and bullied and bashed here.

Dear Sarang ji,

Remember the pic of the female staff of ISRO hugging each other?

The one where they were dressed in sarees and had flowers in their hair?

Some non Indian person from here saw that pic and he told me that he could not believe his eyes that the female scientists looked like some housewife.

He said he was expecting a scientist with that much caliber to look a bit more sophisticated and be sharp in appearance.

I told him may be he has been watching too many space sci- fi flicks.

So I guess each person is judgmental in their own way.

He just could not believe that simple looking women could be so intelligent.

Sarees and flowers add dignity to the looks.

leggins and sleeveless add pep to the looks.

Both are necessary for variety in life to break the monotony.

As long as what is there inside (the brain) is sharp and good, the saree, the flower, the leggins, the sleeveless, the hotpants are all worn lightly.

And am I not judgmental? LOL.

Krish44,
You are quite relentless, aren't you?
What is your problem, man? Life is unfair for you? It is for everybody at times. Got to handle it on your own.

Seriously, sorry can't resist the temptation since you have used name calling like 'moodar' in the past - got to shoot straight with you.

Thought to help you little bit (I am sure you don't want it, anyway here it is) -- Hope you are not like this face to face with others in chennai or wherever you are. Because there are people who don't talk in words for rebuttal. Hope you continue to be safe. Because forum would love to hear more wisdom from you and won't take a loss kindly.

There are people similar to your style whom I don't mingle with but have observed from quite a distance. I see no difference between them and you, except you are under an invisible veil in this forum.

Just because of anonymity in the forum, you cannot simply say whatever you are capable and tuned of to others under the veil of humor, philosophy and religion mastered pro.

Got to add you to my ignore list too - quite nauseating. Bye.

As always, Vaagmi Sir's post are very very decent and does NOT disrespect any of the members here!! :clap2:

P.S: He needs to reply ONLY to the 'katROr' in this forum and save his time for 'nAttup paNi'!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back