• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jesudas's comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wears indian dress - veshti/paijama and jibba mostly. I have not seen a single picture of him on western dress. What he wears in USA or what he does there is irrelevant.

Anyway only snippets are looped in the press and tv. What he said must be evaluated in the context of his whole speech.

Why else do you think he made this "great" pronouncement when he is living mostly in US among females dressed in western style?

I am sure this would have been rehashed several times in this forum when the brouhaha was at its peak few weeks before.

I sincerely don't mean to rekindle the fire but thought to share my take - when somebody exposes themselves in public and in movies, it should have been a basic common sense to expect some fall-outs. TOI did not publish any housewife or common women in that limelight. By stating that, I am not supporting the actions of TOI, but what I am trying to convey is that they were already given some leverage by the actress through her movies and public appearances. I don't think DP was sincere in admonishing TOI, infact, taking it one step further, I believe all this were done for her upcoming movie publicity stunt. I am sure people would have raked in crores with this inglorious & cheap stunt, while the public as usual stand tall as a moronic witness.

Nowadays, 'women empowerment' is nothing but a cliche. In the name of freedom, some of them degrade themselves and cry out loud, which are nothing but crocodile tears.

Anyway, I am sure you would have seen this, another example - a pitiable exertion by the actress to conceal her dignity. Maybe she didn't realize yet, that she is wearing a dress that she wore when she was 10 years old. Somebody needs cleaning their closet frequently.

Katrina Kaif Says No To Photographers | Lehren - Yahoo Screen

Now if somebody like that advocates women freedom or whatever - will be ridiculous. One has to have some respect for themselves before gaining or expecting the same from others.
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones on others

How about half dressed men on TV ?

One head of national volunteer organisation appeared on national TV wearing knickers exposing hairy legs .Women did not object on grounds of obscenity.

They might have found it sexy .lol

A garment does not decide the character of a person.

After all Jayalalitha is always draped in a saree but yet now arrested for disproportionate assets.

Corrupt politicians are always dressed up traditionally.
Ladies could learn from Sonia how to wear a saree .

She is ever gracefully dressed.

When she goes to hinterland in rural india, she covers her head with pallu everyinch an indian bahu.

her stock of sarees made Mrs IG remark that presidential form of govt would be good as then Sonia will get sufficient space in rastrapathi bhavan for hanging her sarees.lol

Dear Krish ji,

You are right..we females never complain about half clad men.

In fact check out the person on the left side of the pic..well developed Pectoral(Chest) Muscles!..he must be working out in the gym!

I am sure even RR ji wont object to this pic..she only objects to Topless Mamas with protruding bellies!LOL

420352d1283944465-my-trip-sabarimalai-other-temples-kerala-padmanabha-temple-trivandrum.jpg

Last edited:
I am getting two perspective focuses (both from men/ladies in the discussion, I presume).

1. Men can go exposed chest and stuff, and ladies need equivalent rights to do so. I see sample pictures of uncovered chested men in this string. Sounds absolutely great. If that is what women want in terms of 'freedom', then they should go for it. I am certain larger part of men are not going to protest at all.

2. On the off chance that individuals don't find any media sensationalism on cleavage in men, then I figure all women can join and begin a magazine committed to uncover and examine on such hair-raising catches and news.

lol

On a more practical note, being in medical profession (I don't think it really matters for most professions), me and my family don't spruce up half-bare and/or full exposed and head to work.

To catch up on what I said in #23 (as it wasn't tended to appropriately and got occupied by more uncovered chested pictures) I am additionally considering, whether individuals supporting such freedom (bare chested freedom and what not for ladies/men) are setting an example themselves (or alongside their family) in day to day life, now?

If not, then it is out and out false reverence (hypocrisy)!

lol

On a more practical note, being in medical profession (I don't think it really matters for most professions), me and my family don't spruce up half-bare and/or full exposed and head to work.

Dear drb,

I am happy to see you using the word LOL!

Great.

BTW so you are also in the medical profession...so the Dr in your DRB is for Doctor?

Hey that means you and I are in the same profession..yet in the opposite ends of the spectrum!LOL

I wear jeans to work on Saturdays.
Saturday is casual wear day for me..becos I only work 4 hours on Saturday.

Many doctors dress casual on Saturdays and when on call at night...the favorite attire when on call at night is jeans.

Last edited:
Dear drb,
I am happy to see you using the word LOL!
Great.
BTW so you are also in the medical profession...so the Dr in your DRB is for Doctor?
Hey that means you and I are in the same profession..yet in the opposite ends of the spectrum!LOL
I wear jeans to work on Saturdays.
Saturday is casual wear day for me..becos I only work 4 hours on Saturday.
Many doctors dress casual on Saturdays and when on call at night...the favorite attire when on call at night is jeans.

Dear Renuka,
If wearing jeans or not, means ends of spectrum, then I got to differ with you on that too.

I thought topic got diverted to bare-chest between women/men and more dressing/exposure issues.

And fyi, I do wear jeans infrequently but not to work though. And it doesn't mean that my ways are better than yours. Just saying. I don't see any issues with jeans. It is just skin 'exposure' that I am worried about.

I use lol at times, but not frequently, and that doesn't mean that I am uptight, it is just I get focused too much on pouring my thoughts than focusing on emoticons. My bad!

Anyway, still you haven't answered. Hope you don't mind me taking the freedom to ask you straight, If you are not dressing up like DP, KK or those 3 barechested men that you posted, then why advocate those for women in terms of liberation? Is there a particular reason wherein you see it is more pleasing in others than self? Won't that be wrong?
Apologize if it is too blunt, since asking this third time in the forum (not only to you) as a general q and not answered.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,
If wearing jeans or not, means ends of spectrum, then I got to differ with you on that too.

I thought topic got diverted to bare-chest between women/men and more dressing/exposure issues.

And fyi, I do wear jeans infrequently but not to work though. And it doesn't mean that my ways are better than yours. Just saying. I don't see any issues with jeans. It is just skin 'exposure' that I am worried about.

I use lol at times, but not frequently, and that doesn't mean that I am uptight, it is just I get focused too much on pouring my thoughts than focusing on emoticons. My bad!

Wow..that means you are like me...we are not opposite ends.

Happy to note that..for all you know may be you and I could have studied in the same college.I too studied my MBBS in India. I assume you are from India.

Last edited:
I am getting two perspective focuses (both from men/ladies in the discussion, I presume).

1. Men can go exposed chest and stuff, and ladies need equivalent rights to do so. I see sample pictures of uncovered chested men in this string. Sounds absolutely great. If that is what women want in terms of 'freedom', then they should go for it. I am certain larger part of men are not going to protest at all.

2. On the off chance that individuals don't find any media sensationalism on cleavage in men, then I figure all women can join and begin a magazine committed to uncover and examine on such hair-raising catches and news.

lol

To catch up on what I said in #23 (as it wasn't tended to appropriately and got occupied by more uncovered chested pictures) I am additionally considering, whether individuals supporting such freedom (bare chested freedom and what not for ladies/men) are setting an example themselves (or alongside their family) in day to day life, now?

If not, then it is out and out false reverence (hypocrisy)!

whether individuals supporting such freedom (bare chested freedom and what not for ladies/men) are setting an example themselves”

You have raised a valid issue. In India, doubtful. Abroad, yes, and here is an example.

Scout Willis is the daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.

The 22-year-old actress went on a topless jaunt around New York City in May 2014 to highlight her disagreement with policies against female nudity. She was seen shopping for fresh flowers at a market stall entirely bare chested. On another occasion she strolls down a Manhattan street wearing nothing but a floral skirt and a pair of tan pumps.

She took to the streets of New York — where female toplessness is legal — as a demonstration, tweeting photos of herself as she went: “Legal in NYC but not on @instagram” and “What @instagram won’t let you see #FreeTheNipple” she tweeted. Willis has continued since to post photos in which her nipples are visible to her Twitter account. She used the hashtag #FreeTheNipple on twitter to highlight censorship issues, declaring: 'I’m arguing for a woman's right to choose how she represents her body'

http://ind.pn/1hCshTL

Know of any such heros here?

Upto fifties many ladies from all jatis did not wear blouse, and went about their day to day business without attracting comments or voyeurism. Middle aged used the saree to cover, but many old ladies and patties did not bother. And many men too roamed with just koupeenam or micro katcham. No big deal.

whether individuals supporting such freedom (bare chested freedom and what not for ladies/men) are setting an example themselves”

You have raised a valid issue. In India, doubtful. Abroad, yes, and here is an example.

Scout Willis is the daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.
.........................'I’m arguing for a woman's right to choose how she represents her body'

Know of any such heros here?

Much thanks to you.

I commend Scout Willis to stand up like that, whether it is objectionable or not (personally I find her action quite nauseating). She is doing what she is preaching. How many of us have that?

I am not stressed over which nation whatsoever. It is only that, in this forum and in India (since I am an Indian), I needed to approach individuals supporting for ladies' rights on those issues. Will they be open to being so? If not, then why only for the sake of entertainment do argue? This is completely deceiving.

Whether I support bare chest and other exposures or not, is immaterial to this discussion. Bottomline, I would like to humbly suggest to those individuals is first practice what you preach.

On top of that, I think that it is all the more disturbing of DP, KK and others (men and women) who are racing to help their tussle with TOI for the sake of 'ladies liberation' are truly fraudulent and absurd.

I am very nearly beyond any doubt, even the men in this forum (proposing women's liberation on that aspect), would falter to live by what they post here. What's more practically sure that they are not empowering their women in the family to wander about like that.

Particularly in the above issue - it is self-evident (even to a child) that DP and TOI had some plans to boost their monetary side. Subsequently as public, we ought to overlook and rather not take this chance to mislead future generations as well with nonsensical guidance.

In the event that one likes the cleavage, let them purchase TOI and appreciate, if not and need to maintain good values then no compelling reason to invest time in TOI.

....I needed to approach individuals supporting for ladies' rights on those issues. Will they be open to being so? If not, then why only for the sake of entertainment do argue? This is completely deceiving.

Whether I support bare chest and other exposures or not, is immaterial to this discussion. Bottomline, I would like to humbly suggest to those individuals is first practice what you preach.

Thathastu - amen !

latest. A case has been filed against jesudoss for his sexist comments .

unconfirmed reports say some members of this forum will also get prosecuted for their irreverent comments

The case will be thrown out and filer may be fined for wasting court's time.

latest. A case has been filed against jesudoss for his sexist comments .

unconfirmed reports say some members of this forum will also get prosecuted for their irreverent comments

Anyway, still you haven't answered. Hope you don't mind me taking the freedom to ask you straight, If you are not dressing up like DP, KK or those 3 barechested men that you posted, then why advocate those for women in terms of liberation? Is there a particular reason wherein you see it is more pleasing in others than self? Won't that be wrong?
Apologize if it is too blunt, since asking this third time in the forum (not only to you) as a general q and not answered.

My dear DRB,

My wardrobe can give Deepika/Katrina a run for their money!LOL

Now I leave it to your imagination.

There is a time and place to dress like a Deepika/Katrina...provided one is still slim and not fat!LOL

Then there is also the time and place where one dresses like a saint.

When I am in India I do not even expose my hair...my head is covered with Dupatta in India becos its safer in India to be covered becos the minds of people there work in strange ways..even some of their doctors ...what more can I say.

For sure now I know your gender!LOL

Note: BTW I did not answer your question the 1st time becos it did not seem directed to me..you addressed no one in your post.Now since you were point blank like quick gun Murugan I answered you.

Oops I forgot..I too can ask you..do you wear dhoti to work or you wear pants and shirt?

Last edited:
This statement is an insult to Kerala women and their freedom of choice in dressing.

May be..you are right..just as the same way Jesudas insulted the denim jeans and all women in general in their freedom of choice in dressing.

helo...empa prachnai? yaro ennavo pottu poranga. ongalukku enna. vaaya moodittu irugalen.podaravanga kashtama iruntha kalttaporanga.

My dear DRB,
My wardrobe can give Deepika/Katrina a run for their money!LOL
Now I leave it to your imagination.

No thanks. :pray2: I am quite fine already.

Then there is also the time and place where one dresses like a saint.

When I am in India I do not even expose my hair...my head is covered with Dupatta in India becos its safer in India to be covered becos the minds of people there work in strange ways..even some of their doctors ...what more can I say.

IMO, that's the point you missed to see in DP's episode. You can dress whatever you want, but be ready to accept fall-outs (I am sure this applies everywhere). If you think it is not advisable to wear like that in India knowing the repercussions, why advocate that to DP? You seem to preach something but not follow. Doesn't equate properly. Does it?

Oops I forgot..I too can ask you..do you wear dhoti to work or you wear pants and shirt?

I try to follow dress code as much as I can because of several reasons - I can go with flow, it doesn't make any sense to have hair cover, gloves etc but do surgery with folded dhoti, or wear suits and labor in a farmland. So, you see, it is all about dress code! I wear dhoti to temples, because I respect my religion. In US, unless warranted i don't show in my ethnic dress. But have done many homams along with priests in traditional wear to follow the rules of religion and respect what I do.

So my take is, it is not anything to do with burka oneself and roam in India. Just a normal dress that doesn't appeal as lascivious (both genders) to others. As an example, if KK is comfortable with her exposure, then she shouldn't request the photographers to stand up and not take pictures. I hope I was able to articulate enough, because I am running out of examples and words to suggest.

Bottomline, again, if one wants to expose themselves - absolutely it is their freedom to do so, but be ready to be censured or face other criticisms because it isn't what the majority do (especially ladies in my family).

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

I don't know how you chose that picture to represent Kerala woman!

This is how they dress up - with a blouse matching the border of the 'mundu'. :)

hv-24.jpg

Courtesy: Google images

Renu! When I wish to ban topless mAmAs in Kerala temples, here is a discussion about topless women!! :dizzy:

IMHO, jeans is a descent attire IFF worn with a loose top, long enough to cover the big bottoms! :lol:

You seem to preach something but not follow. Doesn't equate properly. Does it?

Nope you are wrong..I know when to practice and when to preach!LOL

You see there are only 2 communities that keep on making rules for a woman to follow and censure woman for their dressing..they are :

1)Thaliban

2)Indians in some parts of India..(they are getting infected with Thalibanism)

So when surrounded by these 2 one must know how to practice safe dressing so that no one goes berserk seeing a bit flesh.

In my country I am free bird.

Get it mr drb?

Last edited:

Renu! When I wish to ban topless mAmAs in Kerala temples, here is a discussion about topless women!! :dizzy:

IMHO, jeans is a descent attire IFF worn with a loose top, long enough to cover the big bottoms! :lol:

Dear RR ji,

Actually I have no problems with topless Mamas...what is a human body after all..Its just a conglomerate of flesh and blood...but six packs abds look good!LOL

I think Adi Shankara knew that males have a female obsession nad had a special Bhajo Govindam verse not to fall for the mammary gland and the umbilical region of a female.

RR ji,,now since you wrote that one should wear a loose long top to cover a well endowed glutes..many are going to imagine!LOL

Nope you are wrong..I know when to practice and when to preach!LOL
You see there are only 2 communities that keep on making rules for a woman to follow and censure woman for their dressing..they are :
1)Thaliban
2)Indians in some parts of India..(they are getting infected with Thalibanism)
So when surrounded by these 2 one must know how to practice safe dressing so that no one goes berserk seeing a bit flesh.
In my country I am free bird.

Get it mr drb?

I did get it, yet doubtlessly not in the way you are aspiring for. Sorry to baffle you.
It maybe 'unwelcomed' if I post what I got, hence shall keep it to myself.

Once more, you appear to digress somewhere else, no one is pushing talibanism (as obviously I expressed in the greater part of all my posts) furthermore in all parts of India (even in Hollywood), media will go berserk on the off chance that women goes berserk in attire. This does not happen to common woman, generally.

With that I am shutting this contention, on the grounds that frequent digression to superfluity doesn't help a solid examination because I was planning to share/offer/exchange/receive knowledge (trust that is the essential intention for all in this forum, maybe I am wrong) and definitely, I am not here to 'change the world'.

You are entitled to your opinion, likewise I am. Good luck with your 'women freedom initiatives'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back