• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

Introduction

Hi fellow members of this site
Pranaam to you all. I am T. N. Krishnan, a middle aged Vaishnavite, hailing from Chingleput district, presently employed in Chennai.
I heard about this site from Google when I was trying to find out sites on Brahmin community.
I like devotional music and discourses. I hope to be a regular participant in various discussions that take place in this site.
Adiyen
Krishnan

Nothing fails like prayer

Hello to all members of Tamil Brahmins.com I am Sumathi Ravi and would like to share my views from now onwards to everyone. I am doing home made food products business.

thank you

Hello!

Hello all!

I am a retired banker:wof:!

We hail from Coimbatore, settled down in Pune for over 4 decades:rain:!

I am interested in listening to music, brain games(?) and travel.

More of me later.

Before I end, I would like you to see the attachment.

Attachments

• How Is This Possible.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 210
greetings all newcomers.

just don't join and forget about this forum. or only view the posts.

jump in and join the discussions. start some topic of interest or stuff that you would like to discuss.

hope to hear more from all of you.

thank you.

Introduction

I am proud to say I am born as a Tamil Brahmin. I was in school when Brahmin hatred was at its peak in Chennai. This community has survived so far only because it has been flexible in its approach. When the door to Central/State Govt appointments were barred by reservations, the Brahmins either joined the Armed Forces or went abroad and prospred. However, the major drawback in the community is the utter lack of response to the needs of other members of the community. What have we done to elevate those members who are facing abject poverty, those who are functioning as priests in temples with no income, those sending their children to patasalas because they can't send them to a better school?
With best wishes
Lt Col R Subramanian(Retd)

Good knowledge gaining site

Namaskaram,

I came to know about this site through a friend of mine and i am very glad to be a member, as I see some very interesting spiritual matters in this.

Namaskarams to all

:wof:

Sounds like a wonderful site. I have been a member for a while but never got the time to delve much. Shall try to indulge in what appears to be a wonderful site bringing brahmins from all over the world together

Poorveeham swamimalai

Hello All

Hello All,

I am Hariharan Iyer.

My roots come from Tanjore
Poorveham:Vayacheri near Tanjore
Temple:Mangalambika & Agatheeswara swamy temple,Vayacheri
Family deity:Swaminatha swamy,Swamimalai,Kumbakonam
Gothra:Kapi
Subsect:Mazha nadu Brahacharanam
Sutra:Apastamba sutram
Veda:Yajur Veda

Aares Sir

I am proud to say I am born as a Tamil Brahmin. I was in school when Brahmin hatred was at its peak in Chennai. This community has survived so far only because it has been flexible in its approach. When the door to Central/State Govt appointments were barred by reservations, the Brahmins either joined the Armed Forces or went abroad and prospred. However, the major drawback in the community is the utter lack of response to the needs of other members of the community. What have we done to elevate those members who are facing abject poverty, those who are functioning as priests in temples with no income, those sending their children to patasalas because they can't send them to a better school?
With best wishes

I salute you for your thoughts sir. How do we deliver this noble idea of yours Sir?

poorveeham swamimalai

Vanakkam:

I am in Canada, Edmonton to be exact. I am not a Tamil Brahmin by birth, but adopted Sanatana Dharma officially for this lifetime about 30 years back, and unofficially 40 years back. My particular interests are temples and Bhakti, specifically Muruga. My first pilgrimage to the motherland was this past April when I made it to Tanjore, Chidambaram, Palani, Tiruchendur. I posted a pilgrim's log in another forum if anyone woulf like to read a WASH (White Anglo Saxon Hindu) perspective of a holy pilgrimage through Tamil Nadu.

I have enjoyed browsing through some of this site, and hope to learn more about my religion as a member. Hopefully, I can contribute a bit here and there as well.

Aum Namasivaya

Hi I am tvvaradan a retd professor of tamil at present residing in washingtonDC. The site is interesting and instructive. One of my relatives introduced this site to me. I look forward for more and more.

Welcome to the site, Lt. Col. Subramanian Ji Sir.

Please share with us your knowledge that would benfit today's youngsters of ours.

Regards,
KRS

With best wishes

Welcome jayanthi55 Ji. Please participate in our discussion forums that are of interest to you.

Regards,
KRS

Namaskaram,

I came to know about this site through a friend of mine and i am very glad to be a member, as I see some very interesting spiritual matters in this.

Dear poorveeham swamimalai Ji,

Please contribute. I remember visiting this Tanjore temple about ten years ago. Welcome.

Regards,
KRS

Sounds like a wonderful site. I have been a member for a while but never got the time to delve much. Shall try to indulge in what appears to be a wonderful site bringing brahmins from all over the world together

Poorveeham swamimalai

Dear Sri Hariharan Iyer ji,

Welcome to the Forum. Please contribute to the discussions here.

Regards,
KRS

Hello All,

I am Hariharan Iyer.

My roots come from Tanjore
Poorveham:Vayacheri near Tanjore
Temple:Mangalambika & Agatheeswara swamy temple,Vayacheri
Family deity:Swaminatha swamy,Swamimalai,Kumbakonam
Gothra:Kapi
Subsect:Mazha nadu Brahacharanam
Sutra:Apastamba sutram
Veda:Yajur Veda

Dear Eastern Mind Ji,
Welcome to the Forum. We have amongst us folks like you who come from different backgrounds. Please use this Forum as a place to extend your fellowship and understand the sanathana Dharma.

Regards,
KRS

Vanakkam:

I am in Canada, Edmonton to be exact. I am not a Tamil Brahmin by birth, but adopted Sanatana Dharma officially for this lifetime about 30 years back, and unofficially 40 years back. My particular interests are temples and Bhakti, specifically Muruga. My first pilgrimage to the motherland was this past April when I made it to Tanjore, Chidambaram, Palani, Tiruchendur. I posted a pilgrim's log in another forum if anyone woulf like to read a WASH (White Anglo Saxon Hindu) perspective of a holy pilgrimage through Tamil Nadu.

I have enjoyed browsing through some of this site, and hope to learn more about my religion as a member. Hopefully, I can contribute a bit here and there as well.

Aum Namasivaya

Latest ads

Back