• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

I am happy to be part of this wonderful forum for Tamil Brahmnas; the heigh protein (brainy)guys. I hail from the town Mayiladuthurai in Nagapattinam distrtict (earlier part of Thanjavur district). Moving around India in short spell of stay of few years due to the nature of work. A few of the forum postings are very very good. I will reap the benefit of this forum to stay in touch with the community.
Regards

While browsing through various sites I noted this site and has registered myself. Strictly I am not a Tamil brahmin since my mother tongue is Telugu. But over centuries we have lived in Tirunelveli district and for all practical purposes I consider myself a Tamilian. I am quite proficient in Tamil and familiar with many literary works in Tamil and can deliver lectures in Tamil

Gothras among Tamil Brahmins

Every one knows that Brahmins are divided into several Gothras, which refer to the lineage. It is to indicate that they are the descendants of the rishis mentioned in each Gothra. For example, Srivatsa Gothra has five rishis namely, Bharghava, Syavana, Apnavaana, Ouruva and Jamadagni. When any one from this gothra prostrates before the elders they tell the name of the all these five rishis and say that he is their descendant.
Now that the science of genetic profiling and analysis has taken long strides , the scientists should be in a position to undertake a research to find out whether the VARIABLE NUMBER TANDEM REPEAT and ALLELIC VARIATION are matching the genomes of different persons belonging to same gothra.
Can any one throw more light on this subject?
K.Lakshminarayanan

Hi all
Its is really great to see nice features inbuilt in this site, upanyasams in particular, which is really a boon to hear them online. Please let me know if i could hear more of Nochur Sri Venkataraman's satsangs

Regards
Chandrika

There is no problem posting more pravasanams
but the already existing ones are there two sets
Bhagavatham and Athmavidya which may take more
than a month for a devotee to listen .
Rest you can get in his satsangs like Bhagavath Gita
hiruthaya vidhya Satdarshan etc., ofcourse nothing
nothing done on commercial lines and he is nowhere
connected with this distributions.

Hi i'am Varun Ramanathan
I'am from Shadamarshana Gotram. I'am extremely happy to be part of this tamil brahmins.com. I was convinced to register for this forum by my Guru.
This is a very good website i have visited.

Excellent Forum For Tamil Brahmins

I had joined Tamil Brahmin forum almost a year back but had forgotten about it. This is an excellent site for intercation amongst our community members and it requires our moral and financial support.

My name is Bhaskaran. I appreciate the courage of the organisers of this site. In the present situation even pronouncing the word "Brahmin" is very diffcult ! We have a site for Brahmin community. Keep up the good work ! I am with you on all your endeavours. Thanks and regards.

hi to all

this is just a introductory mail. i need to know so many things about tamil brahmins. the different rituals and slokas etc. bye

Hello friends,

I have a son, CA, aged 31, 6'1" tall, fair, Swathi * Srivasta Gothram, Mumbai based working in MNC Bank. As his horoscope is termed as Suddha Jathakam, despite our best efforts, a suitable girl's hroscope could not be matched so far. I would be happy if some of our brahmin Iyer community friends suggest leads . I will be grateful, if you could contact me over phone 022-25633947 or 9869202354.

With kind regards,

A.Ramchandran, Mumbai 400081

Latest ads

Back