• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

I live in the US and while I was for searching for tamil brahmin info I stumbled into this site. I have read some of the threads so far and found some of them very interesting. Thanks for all the knowledge spread on this site.

Hi I think I understand what you are saying. I have teenage daughters and they don't look at tamil boys as interesting or fun. I think a lot of it is related to how our movies are made. They see tamil movies are so violent and cheap a lot of times so they have nothing good to see in them. Whereas hindi movies are more fun, the guys look good and everyone is having a good time. So at that age most kids are into fun, not thinking about the practical aspects of life. Even my nieces who are to be married soon are marrying a gujarathi guy. My nephews are all married to either gujarathi or marati. I think in the US we need some kind of youth organization with tamil brahmins doing fun stuff together as well as social service. That might help show the good side of our community. Most brahmins here meet at temples or poojas so the fun aspect which the young people are looking for is not there. Here in Chicago we have a carnatic music group which is primarily composed of brahmins but what if you are not interested in carnatic music. So think about organizing a youth group, start in a small way and maybe it will grow for the future. I am always concerned that the brahmin population is getting diluted and a lot of the good things that come with it will be lost over the course of time, especially in the US.

Hi I think I understand what you are saying. I have teenage daughters and they don't look at tamil boys as interesting or fun. I think a lot of it is related to how our movies are made. They see tamil movies are so violent and cheap a lot of times so they have nothing good to see in them. Whereas hindi movies are more fun, the guys look good and everyone is having a good time. So at that age most kids are into fun, not thinking about the practical aspects of life. Even my nieces who are to be married soon are marrying a gujarathi guy. My nephews are all married to either gujarathi or marati. I think in the US we need some kind of youth organization with tamil brahmins doing fun stuff together as well as social service. That might help show the good side of our community. Most brahmins here meet at temples or poojas so the fun aspect which the young people are looking for is not there. Here in Chicago we have a carnatic music group which is primarily composed of brahmins but what if you are not interested in carnatic music. So think about organizing a youth group, start in a small way and maybe it will grow for the future. I am always concerned that the brahmin population is getting diluted and a lot of the good things that come with it will be lost over the course of time, especially in the US.

Dilution has taken deep root from intensive obedient family conscious living to extensive global permissive living together.
All your murmurs will not hold good with modern youth.
What is now taking place is varnasangraha as per Bagavat gita.
its gods wish.
GPS

Hai I am Kalatharan
I live at Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
I studied Bachelor of Business Administration at University of Jaffna
I have married and have one daughter.
my interests are Music, TV watching and Reading Novels

Hi i am rajagopal v native of Sundarapandiapuram village near to tenkasi in tamilnadu. I am so happy to become member of this site. now i am in trivandrum working in bsnl.

I wish to express my feelings that our community is totally neglected & ignored by the society. I am afraid will our generations get a seat in good academic record colleges, employment etc., as we are totally dis-regarded in out native Tamil Nadu.

Carnatic music

Hi all
i would like to learn bharathiyar songs or any other tamil songs (with a deeper spiritual meaning). Apart from musicindiaonline, is there any other website for tamil spiritual songs. Kindly guide me. Thanks

I introduce to you myself as V.Harish.I belong to palakkad and i am now settled at coimbatore.I am glad to be associated with this site.I found the threads intresting to read.I today went to music page and heard Harikatha of shri Nochur Venkatraman.Can i get a CD of this discourse.

Last edited:
introduction

dear brothers and sisters, and reveared elders,
my name is usha, Iam qualified yogo,and accupunture practitioner
iam extremly happyto be part of our group.
thanking you all and we wlillbe in touch often
usha

| Sri Gurubhyo Namaha ||

Sri Purandaradasa Sri RadhaKrishna Pudukkottai Sri Gopalakrishna Bhagavathar

9th

year celebrations of Sri Purandaradasa Jayanthi
&
Sri Gopalakrishna Bhagavathar Jayanthi

'NãmaSmaran 2009'

03 October to 12 October 2009

Inauguration on 03 October at 6:00 PM
Venue: Seetharama Mandir, 23/11, Gangadhara Chetty Road, Bangalore 560 042

(Next to RBANMS School, Near Ulsoor Lake)
03 OCTOBER, SATURDAY
5:00 PM Receiving the Bhagavathars with Poorna Kumbam
6:00 to 7:00 PM Inauguration - Lighting the Lamp
Honouring - Sri V V Ramanan Bhagavathar and Embar Sri Vagulabharanam
7:00 to 10:00 PM Bhajan by - Sreevanchiyam Sri Muralidhara Bhagavathar and Party
04 OCTOBER, SUNDAY
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Bhajan by - Sedalapathi Sri A Soundararaja Bhagavathar and Party
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - Manjapra Sri Mohan Bhagavathar and Party
05 OCTOBER, MONDAY
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - Thanjavur Sri Thyagaraja Bhagavathar and Party
06 OCTOBER, TUESDAY
6:00 to 9:00 PM Abhanga Brindavana Bhajan by - Chennai Smt Meenakshi Mahadevan and Party
07 OCTOBER, WEDNESDAY
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - Sri O S Sundar Bhagavathar and Party
08 OCTOBER, THURSDAY
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - Tripunithura Sri Ramachandran Bhagavathar, Parur Sri Kumar Bhagavathar &
Alwaye Sri Kannan Bhagavathar and Party
09 OCTOBER, FRIDAY SRI PURANDARADASA JAYANTHI
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - Sri Sattanatha Bhagavathar (Disciple of Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamigal)
10 OCTOBER, SATURDAY
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Ashtapadi Bhajan by - Chennai Sri V Yagyarama Sarma & Cuddalore Sri Muralidhara Sarma and Party
(Senior Disciples of Paranur Sri Krishna Premi Anna)
4:00 to 6:30 PM Panchapadi, Dhyanam, Pooja
&
7:30 to 10:30 PM Divyanama Bhajan & Dolothsavam by - Udayaloor Sri Kalyanarama Bhagavathar and Party
11 OCTOBER, SUNDAY SRI GOPALAKRISHNA BHAGAVATHAR JAYANTHI
8:30 AM Unchavrithi
9:00 to 10:30 AM Guru Pooja - Coimbatore Brahmasri S.Balasubramania Bhagavathar &
Udayagiri Brahmasri S Venkatesa Bhagavathar (Pune)
10:30 AM TO 1:30 PM SRI RADHA MADHAVA KALYANA UTHSAVAM
In Bhajan Style by - Erode Sri Rajamani Bhagavathar and Party
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - Members of Chitoor Chaithanya Bhajan Mandali (Chennai)
12 OCTOBER, MONDAY ANJANEYA UTHSAVAM
9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon Abhisheka, Archana & Bhajan
12:00 to 1:00 PM Bhajan by - Members of Kalyan Nagar Bhajan Mandali, Bangalore
6:00 to 9:00 PM Bhajan by - H H Ramananda Saraswathi Swamigal and Party

We request your participation in NamaSmaran 2009 and be the recipients of the blessings of
Sathguru and Lord Radhakrishna

Hi all;
I appreciate the effort of tamilbrahmins website, which presents slokas and mantras with translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jai Shree Ram

Hello every one,
I have just joined as member of Tamil Brahmins. I will give more update about me and also the Sri Hari Narayana Baktha Samaj of Singapore in due course.

Radhe Krishna
Swaminathan V S

Reply to thread

Jai Shree Ram

Hello every one,
I have just joined as member of Tamil Brahmins. I will give more update about me and also the Sri Hari Narayana Baktha Samaj of Singapore in due course.

Radhe Krishna
Swaminathan V S

Namaskarams to all,

I have recently joined this site.
Really I got excited to see this site
I have become immediately a member of this
I have listened to few slogams given in the audio section
In fact I am very much interrested in downloadng those slogams
im mp3 format.
Can any one suggest how can I do the same.

By the way I am also interested in the pooja mantrams
of Navarathri poojai and Golu ( Bommai Golu ) at home.

Namaskaram:
Sreedhar/04092009/1004pm

Namaskaram
I am padmanabha iyer residing in west mambalam.I am very happy to join this forum.when i search the traditional brahmin's wedding food i found this site.very happy

Last edited:
Respected brother Brahmin Members,

Namaskaram to all our Respected Members, 5/09/2009

Only recently I came across this Tamil Brahmin, and i am very
proud to feel that We also have a united front to express
our opinin and get feed back regarding our comminity,
I am aged 68,Retired .I am also an Astrologer from Thane Mumbai, and helping brahmins in this area in Matrimonial aspect
i feel that we all should meet at least once in a year and hope
our this OM TAMIL BRAHMINS will do the needful

With namaskarams to elders and Blessings to Youngsters

L.Narayana Iyer

Latest ads

Back