• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

I belong to Tanjore Iyer Community. I live in T.Nagar Chennai for the last 50 years. I was working as a consultant engineer and is leading a retired life.

Dear balavas Ji,

Welcome! Here is your chance to give back to our community. Please participate.

Regards,
KRS

I am greatly interested in reading astrological books and has good collection of books. I am also fond of hearing carnatic and old hindi music. My favourite musician is Maharajapuram Santhanam.

Namaskaram to all members,

I take this opportunity to introduce myself Ramya Rajesh based in Mumbai. I was browsing the internet for more information related to Aadi Masam and the forthcoming Navaratri, the rituals and poojai to be performed especially in a Tamil Brahmin family. Suddenly, I came accross this wonderful forum. It is a great effort and good informative site, It would be great to have some more information about each month in the Tamil calendar and especially for the current generation if you could give more details on what importance does each month hold, the celebrations of festivals and performance of poojai as in Tamil culture.

Thanks for such a site and all the information.

regards,
Ramya

Dilip N Cantadai

Adiyen I have joined this site recently and my Namaskarams to every member. Will try to contribute to the general welfare of all our brethren.

Hi every one i am murali from mukkur village. I am happy note that this site can do lot of service by active participation of members for common causes like helping poor students and family members among the community and spreading the spiritual messages for reducing the pains every one undergo in this world

How to strengthn ourselves financialy and economically?

I am from Andhra Pradesh, belong to brahmin community. I wish to have open discussion with others on some important topics. 1. How to improve our financial status? How to help the needy in our community? How to improve our population percentage on all over India basis and on state wise also.How to encourage entrepreneurship qualities in our community? How to bring unity in our community? Let us have think tank. Don't give a chance to get perished / eliminated just like jews in Europe? Let us have vision. Awaiting u to select a topic among the above and do some hard work, and analysis, and propagate to our community members to adapt to the situation.

Regards, M.P.RAMA RAO.

Parthasarathi has been driving my chariot also

Namastha,

I am aged 51. I have a son and a daughter. I am working as an accounts officer at the Christian medical College which is recognised as CMC. We live at a place called Bagayam at Vellore as a traditional joint family. Unfortunately we are the only Brahmins in the area.

Nice to join Tamilbrahmins thread.

Will keep in touch.
Mano

dear friends
the tamilnad governments move to bring uniform education will affect the
creativity of younger generation.alreadythe governments publication of text books for
12 th has totally stopped the students reading anything other than textbooks to improve their knowledge in subject matters.government should pronounce only currculm objectives for differnt levels of learnig and aprove syllabii if necessary
this alone will make the students to achieve theirbest of their abilities

Rajamohan

Dear All,

I am from Chennai settled now in Coimbatore. I am delighted to be part of this forum. Looking forward to learn more here and also share whatever I know.

With Prem and Om to all,
Rajamohan

dear all,

i m happy to join my community site. small request to girls and her parents. pls consider brahmin boys those who are low level comparing to your status. otherwise this community only on history book. pls try to help growing our population

Namskarams to All
I am Ganesh, recently joined this group. I am proud to be a Brahmin and would like to share many thoughts on our community, perhaps rendering a small help to uphold the community values.

hi all. recent addition to the long list of members. i accidentally stumbled upon this site while i was googling random things just to kill time and ward off boredom. i am highly impressed by this site. excellent work. kudos to all.

Dear ramyarajesh Ji,

Welcome. Please participate by opening a relevant thread under the proper Discussion Topic to enquire exactly about what you want to know.

Regards,
KRS

Namaskaram to all members,

I take this opportunity to introduce myself Ramya Rajesh based in Mumbai. I was browsing the internet for more information related to Aadi Masam and the forthcoming Navaratri, the rituals and poojai to be performed especially in a Tamil Brahmin family. Suddenly, I came accross this wonderful forum. It is a great effort and good informative site, It would be great to have some more information about each month in the Tamil calendar and especially for the current generation if you could give more details on what importance does each month hold, the celebrations of festivals and performance of poojai as in Tamil culture.

Thanks for such a site and all the information.

regards,
Ramya

who is a brahmin

according to me, before we start unite for a common cause, we should unite on the definition of a brahmin:

any person
who does his karma according to veda or the teachings of his scholarly elders and

who respect the feelings of others

who will not use harsh words or harm any one and try to help others to the extent possible

IF the basic qualities are agreeable, then uniting will be easier and the goals will be achieved.

There is a big fight in all forums whether shiva or vishnu is bigger. To rest this quarel, it must be realised by Katoupanishad that we see shiva in the form of Vishnu and Vishnu in the form of shiva. This will bring major unity among all brahmins and the preeachings of acharyas should devote more time on humanity rather than explaining who is big as per vedas and puranas.

Latest ads

Back