• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinduism Vs Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir- this was a thread started by me in my previous birth:der: . though there was lot of pressure, i do not want to close this thread,because 'thread' is a very divine word for a bramin, and so i do not want any thread, for that matter, in this forum to be closed! from tomorrow, my pattern of posting will change due to many other personal, domestic & official commitments which prevent me from paying attention to this forum. what attracted my attention inthis forum were the views about stray dog menace mentioned by some members. why is it that this stray dog menace is there only in india,and not in developed countries? does it not show that there is something terribly wrong with local adminstration in our country? though i am
an animal lover, i do not support the views of many so called'animal lovers' in this matter. i think stray dogs do not have any place in streets, the right place for them is pounds.

just like stray dogs, the problem of stray politicians is also cumbersome. i was shocked to see the chief justice of india consenting to share a public platform with stalin,son of dmk chiefminister of t.nadu. is there not any protocol for judges in these sort of matters. this is certainly not a healthy trend. i wonder what is the practice in other countries in these sort of matters!

Hilarious

just like stray dogs, the problem of stray politicians is also cumbersome. i was shocked to see the chief justice of india consenting to share a public platform with stalin,son of dmk chiefminister of t.nadu. is there not any protocol for judges in these sort of matters. this is certainly not a healthy trend. i wonder what is the practice in other countries in these sort of matters!

This is hilarious! I do agree most of these stray politicians are out on parole periodically, and need to be put back in the pound for good. And I personally feel that the judiciary and the legislature were kept separate for a reason. It is probably not illegal, but I feel it is definitely improper and unethical for a CJI to appear at a political functionary's party in his official capacity.

Doles,dmk & Drinking!!!

SIR - we all know that the dmk chiefminister of t.nadu has been recklessly indulging in senseless doles out of taxpayers money. Dr. ramadoss of PMK has alleged that these doles are being funded out of the 'tainted' money earned from selling alcohol. the dmk govt. calls itself as 'rational' but does not have any qualms about selling alcohol and minting money to fund its 'populist' schemes. if all people in t.nadu decide to abstain from drinking permanently, the dmk govt. will collapse immediately, as there will be no money to fund the doles! the dmk chiefminister has released 'statistics' to 'prove' that total prohibition cannot succeed anywhere. but he has not furnished the statistic as to how many persons spoil their health due to drinking, how many persons commit crimes under influence of liquor, how many persons commit accidents after driving vehicles under influence of booze etc., these statistics will prove that the alcohol is overall more harmful for society as it leads to more loss of lives, private & public property due to crimes, accidents which are committed by persons under influence of alcohol. it would not be out of place to mention there that there was total prohibition in t.nadu till 1970 ,which was lifted by present dmk chiefminister in 1970s, ironically when the founding father of 'rationalism' , the so called periar was alive!!!

Soma and toddy

While Soma was the intoxicant of choice in ancient times, toddy exerts a powerful pull on the proletariat of today. I actually think Ramadoss is a smart person. He knows that more than quotas, it is really family values and a conducive atmosphere which can up-lift his caste members. When people are spending money on toddy, leading to possible domestic violence, and not giving the children full attention or buying books for them, their studies and concentration suffer. The foundation of a child's development is laid during school till 12th standard, and many Brahmana families rightly consider this crucial and try to provide the best possible atmosphere during this period.

So, one must give Ramadoss credit where it is due. Unfortunately, Brahmanas do not have any strong political organization to lobby for their interests in the TN Govt. After all in India, justice be damned, the most vociferous get the benefits.

sir - in many house there will be boards like BEWARE OF DOGS. In buses there will be boards like BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS. in this forum , we should BEWARE OF ANTI BRAMINS masquareding as bramins & posting their venomous outpourings .(but i have no problem with non bramins as such)

2. as has rightly been pointed out, since we were under invasion of foreigners for many centuries, it is always possible that these barbaric invaders would have interpolated (IDAICHERUGAL is the pure tamil equivalent -as Mr. kashyap has said) our scriptures . this sort of accidents did not take place in other religions. it is different matter that even in this condition our scriptures look far better than the scriptures of the abrahamic religions! so we should be very careful while inferring these scriptures. you can easily find out the contradictions.

3. Mr. KRS has said that a bramin should always speak the truth. does that mean a non bramin is one who always speaks lies? speaking truth and similar values are common for all human beings all over the world, irrespective of caste, creed, race, language, religion etc., IMHO, the exclusive quality of a bramin is being vegetarian (includes avoiding smoking & drinking). any person whose father is a bramin or who has been adopted by a bramin male or a female who has married a bramin male - these are the only ways a person can become a bramin. there is no scope for conversions here as in other religions. (BTW sorry for repeating these ideas. i just want to emphasise in a nutshell as Mr. kashyap had asked for a summary as to what means 'who are we?')

4. in all the vedas, the names of various places have been mentioned.but it is said all these places are in india, and not even a single place is outside india. you would have also noticed that, all the holy places of orthodox hindus are located n india itself. this nails the lie of 'rationalists' & 'communists' that bramins are foreign invaders.

5. it has been alleged that i have entered about 950 postings. the truth is that i have only about 700 odd postings to my credit.!

Last edited:
sir - MARAPPINUM OTHUK KOLLALAAGUM PAARPAAN
PIRAPPOZHUKKAM KUNDRAK KEDUM!!

In thirukkural under 'OZHUKKAM' (MORALITY) there are ten verses. the qualities required for human beings are mentioned by thiruvaluvar. but verse no.4 has been earmarked specifically for bramins. this verse, i have quoted above says' even if a bramin forgets vedas, no problem. he can learn it again. but if he does not follow qualities exclusive of brahminism, the whole world will get spoiled. what is this 'exclusive' quality of brahminism, which thiruvlluvar eulogises? i again repeat- EXCLUSIVE qualilty,which means, qualities which persons of other categories need not possess, but a bramin should compulsorily possess. it is vegeteranism. (including not smoking, not drinking also).

The views of kanchi periyavaa have been published by ALLIANCE PUBLISHERS in the form of a book titled HINDU DHARMAM, compiled by Mr. CHO. under chapter AACHARAM, page nos. 162 to 167 the periyavaa has mentioned about above kural . peruyavaa says SEER in english means one who sees truth through his Gnaanadhrishti. the tamil equivalent is Paarpaan meaning paarpavan i.e. one who sees truth through his Gnaanadhrishti a special visualising power, not present in ordinary human beings. though neither thiruvalluvar nor periyavaa have not used the word 'vegeteranism', it is obvious.

unfortunately, as we all know, most of bramns in the world now live in urban areas, and so they consider vegeteranism as something past ,not to be emphasised or followed strictly in present world.

sir - today is solar eclipse. dinamalar issue of today has said that the following persons will be affected because of this eclipse-

1. those who were born on mondays
2. those who stars are punarpoosam, visaagam, sathayam, poorataathi &
uthirataathi.
if you come under either of above category, go today to a temple with navagraha and perform an archana mentioning your star, kothram and name in the navagraha sannithi!

BTW, today is govt. holiday due to Ugadi. this has given time for me to concentrate on posting my views in this forum. HAPPY UGADI TO ALL OF YOU- PARTICULARLY TELUGU BRAMINS!

Last edited:
Who R V?

1. praveen has posted a very informative and interesting article about Ramar bridge today. praveen has also done a good job in entering a disclaimer clause below each and every posting!

2. IMHO,during vedic days, bramins can be classifed into 2 categories only -

1. sanyasis i.e. seers,sages etc.,
2. other bramins.
the only difference between the 2 categories was that whereas sages had to be 100% celibate, other bramins could enjoy matrimonial life. apart from this in all other ways,there was no difference in the way these 2 categories of bramins lived.
nowadays, bramins can be classified into 3 categories-
1. sages & seers - there could be about hundreds of bramins in this category all over the world. they are 100% orthodox and 100% celibate also.
2. priestly bramins - there could be about thousands of them all over the world. they are 100% orthodox, but not necessarily celibate, because they can lead married life also.
3. other bramins. - neither celibate nor orthodox. both of them are voluntary. they need not even believe in god. but importantly they should be vegetarians & teetotallers . no idea about their numbers. but the majority of bramins come under this category.(including myself)
in abrahamic religions, conversion place an important part. in these faiths, the only precondition to become a member is that you must believe in their god & tenets. you can eat anything - these religions do not insist on vegeteranism, though they claim that everything in the world including animals was created by god. whereas brahminism insists on being a vegetarian to become its member. other things are compulsory only for the orthodoxy. for ordninary members, these are all voluntary. the absence of conversions is another remarkable highlight of brahminism.
bramins follow the tenets of religion mainly as a mark of respect to god & forefathers and the responsibility of passing these tenets to future generations. after all we inherited these tenets from our ancestors , and it is out duty to safeguard them and pass it over to the next generation in the same form. otherwise it would mean dereliction of duty.

II. it is true i have 2 usernames in this forum. but i am using 1username only. if a 'rationalist' can have 4 wives,what is wrong in a person having just 2 usernames?

III. the periar , as we all knew was an uneducated who studied probably only upto 3rd stnd. he neither knew english nor sanskrit. but he 'claimed' he had studied the vedas. the truth is that with the help of some of his stooge who knew english he must have studied english translations of sanskrit scriptures. most of these translations were made by missionaries, whose knowledge of sanskirt was not of high quality, and naturally these translations showed vedas in a poor light. leave alone the periar, even some bramins are believng in these translations!

Last edited:
Accept Where We Are!!!

Sri. Naras Sir,

I am not a scholar or masters in English or in any other language to write as others do. I don’t even possess the quality to express my feelings properly. But my teacher told me to understand me, my family, my samaj etc., etc., and therefore I always enter and listen wherever samajic discussions take place.

Instead of taking up four or five points together and then mix it up and search for a solution, let me now ask one point [not only point] and understand whether we are all united at least on this point?

As a Tamil Brahmin are you all prepared to accept all Tamil Brahmins as we are to-day irrespective of their territorial, educational, intellectual and economic, standard and willing to move ahead inclusive of them?

GURUMURTHYJI

leave alone the periar, even some bramins are believng in these translations!

And these brahmins claim to be progressive by attacking scriptures.:rant:With friends like these, who needs enemies? No wonder, Brahmins are losing out to dravids. If we don't respect ourselves, our religion, our sacred books, how can we expect others to?

Sri. Naras Sir,

I am not a scholar or masters in English or in any other language to write as others do. I don’t even possess the quality to express my feelings properly. But my teacher told me to understand me, my family, my samaj etc., etc., and therefore I always enter and listen wherever samajic discussions take place.

Instead of taking up four or five points together and then mix it up and search for a solution, let me now ask one point [not only point] and understand whether we are all united at least on this point?

As a Tamil Brahmin are you all prepared to accept all Tamil Brahmins as we are to-day irrespective of their territorial, educational, intellectual and economic, standard and willing to move ahead inclusive of them?

GURUMURTHYJI

sir - who am I? i am no authority to accept or reject any person on any grounds. but scriptures clearly say any person who eats meat, drinks alcohol or smokes cannot be a bramin.. but there is no central authority in brahminism unlke in other religions, to punish the infidels. so utmost individual bramins can exert some moral , voluntary pressure on these infidels so that they repent. in the office where i amworking, there i s a bramin fellow who eats meat more than even non bramins. i have stopped having any relationship with him and have restricted all my contacts with him to the barest minimum. of course, he has not repented or even worried about that. he continues to be as arrogant as before. but i have the satisfaction that i have expelled a person from my circle who does not confirm to even minimum requirements of brahminism.

sir - even non bramins are accepted in this forum . so no problem in accepting bramins irrespective of their background

Last edited:
sir - matter of fact, you would have noticed that even anti bramins have been accepted in this forum. so naturally bramins, irrespective of their background will be accepted here.

Last edited:
And these brahmins claim to be progressive by attacking scriptures.:rant:With friends like these, who needs enemies? No wonder, Brahmins are losing out to dravids. If we don't respect ourselves, our religion, our sacred books, how can we expect others to?

sir - even in our forum i am disappointed to see many members highlighting only negative aspects of brahminism. after all this is a bramin forum , and the objective of the forum is to project positive aspects of brahminism. for e.g.
1. there is a saying in tamil called 'GOPURA DHARISANAM KODI PUNNIYAM'. this means if you have darshan of gopuram i.e. tower of a temple it is more than equivalent of going inside and worshipping the lord. now, if some person were to say that 'there is no need to go inside temples for worshipping god. it is said having darshan of gopuram is enough' then will it be fair. my understanding is that, the 'gopura darshan, kodi punniyam' is meant mainly for women during their menstrual periods who cannot go inside temples due to hygienic reasons, and persons who have suffered a bereavement in their family, who are not allowed to go inside temples for some period, because in this period, they will be in a sombre mood , not able to concentrate on religious matters. so they are exempted from attending temples during this times. but if they want they can come and have darshan of gopuram from outside and go away, as they will not be in a position to concentrate.

2. i have read that many mosques & churches have been fully airconditioned in some parts of the world. but in temples you cannot even operate fans,leave alone air conditiners, because, camphors and lamps will be glowing most of the time, so fans have to be switched off frequently!

Root problem

sir - matter of fact, you would have noticed that even anti bramins have been accepted in this forum. so naturally bramins, irrespective of their background will be accepted here.

While the Brahmanas are willing to stand on one toe and one thumb while holding their ears with the other to say sorry to everyone for staying poor and working hard to preserve Vedic traditions and knowledge from invaders even at the cost of death, the anti-Brahmanas are more than happy to go around bashing Brahmanas everywhere.
Without Brahmanas, India would have ended up like Pakistan and Bangladesh, just a huge poor Islamic country with no memory of the greatness of their ancestors, who were the only ones to have stopped and then thrown back the Greek invader Alexander back to Europe. Just like Pakistan and the middle east, India would have become a breeding ground for extremism, with each sect and state fighting each other with barbaric violence, and exporting it around the world.

sir - i was surfing this forum as a time pass and was shocked to see a member (whose thread is now being debated & voted upon) saying that prostitution was sanctioned during vedic days. just consider the background. unlike present days, where so many avenues like abortion, contraceptives, condoms are available for women to terminate pregnancy,in those days, if a women forfeits her chastity, there was no way she could escape public glare,as she would be exposed if she becomes pregnant. so, women had to be chaste in those days, as there was no other way. that being the case, is is strange to see 'rationalists' & 'communists' 'discover' now that vedic religion sanctioned prostitution.

brahminism, as well all know emphasis on sattvic guna i.e.non violent behaviour in all aspects. to scale this peak of sattvic guna, it shows the path-vegeteranism. brahminism contends that you cannot reach the peak unless you follow this path. so this path is not a digression or distraction, but a means to reach the peak.

Durai Murugan worships at temple

Yday Viduthalai ran a cover story bashing Durai Murugan 'worshipping' at a temple (or should it be 'temble' since it was a mallu one i suppose)

DK leader virtually hauled him over coals for DM's act of giving the KKK 'karai vetti' & shirt a break & entering the temple in pattu vetti & angavastaram.

Already he was not in good books of DK for 'seeking' a finger ring from Saibaba when the latter visited MK's residence. Now this.

I have heard few guys saying that even EVR clandestinely worshipped God.

Any tidbits on that ?

sir - indian constitution and law clearly ban abusing religious beliefs. that being the case it is surprising how 'rationalists' go scot free without even cases being registered or complaints being filed against them. no court or police or govt. has punished any 'rationalist' in our country, to the best of my knowledge.
in hinduism there is no compulsion in any matter except vegeteranism. all other practices are not compulsory for a person to follow to remain in religion. they are purely voluntary. old timers recorded their experiences and observations in the form of a diary for the benefit of future generations. because of respect people have for their forefathers,many practices born out of the experiences and observations of elders, are being followed till date voluntarily. for e.g. take the case of a cat.it is said if a cat crosses your path when you are alighting from your residence, it is a bad omen. i surmise this is how it should have happened. something unpleasant must have happened to some person on a day when he alighted from his residence when a cat should have crossed his path. this could have happened to the same person many times and perhaps to many other persons many times. based on this experience, they should have come to the conclusion that cat crossing path of a human is bad omen, if that man alights from his residence. i guess this is how many superstitions should have originated.

even nowadays, when science have developed so much, weather bulletins turn out totally wrong. many opinion polls go 100% wrong. just because of this are we saying weather bulletins and opinion polls should be abandoned??

sir - (mis)quoting epics to justify anything they want is a favourite pastime of 'rationalists. Mr. CHO has said that epics are records of historical events. so in case of a dispute, it is scriptures, not epics which should hold good. by (mis)quoting epics, burglary can be justified, as LORDKRISHNA steals butter. murder can be justified , as many gods have killed many demons. but both burglary & murders are banned under present day international laws.

like that love marriages & inter caste marriages are sought to be justifed based on examples from epics. but these are all marriages which had the blessings of elders! why not youngsters respect sentiments of elders and decide that i will marry partner of my choice, only if parents' on both sides give their consent? is it not better to respect elders rather than saying 'elders' should be broadminded and respect my sentiments'. elders will not object to anything which will be within ambit of traditional values. in the name of 'integrating' present with past, we should not forfeit out future!!!

the old adage 'the enemy of your enemy is your friend' hold good only for temporary arrangements. you cannot have permanent alliances on the basis of this principle in any matter!

Last edited:
Suresh sir,

Krishna abducted rukmani when rukmani's parents and brother were totally against it.For Gandharva vivaha we dont need anybody's approval.I am not misquoting anything.You only have to tell me whether gandharva vivaha was sanctioned in scriptures or not.

Sakunthala, dhushyanth's marriage was also gandharva vivaha and it was done without their parent's knolwedge.Following same tradition prince prithviraj chauhan abducted samyuktha without her parent's consent.

sir -as Mr. cho says, epics are a mixture of values and records of events. as i have asked you before, just because gods killed demons and lordkrishna stealed butter, can it be argued that killing and stealing are sanctioned in scriptures? your quotations may be right. but the inference you are drawing is wrong. sakuntha, dushyanth & chauhan are not gods. so these examples are not for all and sundry to follow.

sir -as Mr. cho says, epics are a mixture of values and records of events. as i have asked you before, just because gods killed demons and lordkrishna stealed butter, can it be argued that killing and stealing are sanctioned in scriptures? your quotations may be right. but the inference you are drawing is wrong. sakuntha, dushyanth & chauhan are not gods. so these examples are not for all and sundry to follow.

Krishna stole butter when he was a kid.Scripturally that is not a punishable offense.Similarly krishna marrying rukmani by gandharva vivaha is also permitted according to scriptures.

Sakunthala,dushyanth, krishna, prithviraj chauhan all acted according to scriptures when they did gandharva vivaha.So my inference that our scriptures permit gandharva vivaha is totally right.

According to our Vedas if a girl crosses age 15, she can choose her own bride without her parents' permission.Paramacharya mentions this in deivathin kural.

sir - i support your right to freedom of speech. but as per your logic, are killings justified in present times, just because lords killed demons? can it be inferred that scriptures sanction killings??

sir - i support your right to freedom of speech. but as per your logic, are killings justified in present times, just because lords killed demons? can it be inferred that scriptures sanction killings??

Scriptures certainly sanction killing of demons.Even in present times no law prevents us from killing demons.Law only prohibits killing of humans:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back