• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinduism Vs Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Suresh:
This is my personal view on using the word 'bas****''. I absolutely see nothing wrong in using that word. As a matter of fact, it is clinically proper to use that word to denote certain things; however, I would find it offensive if it was used to address someone!!
Coming from the US, which is puritanical in many respects, this word is being used almos everywhere.
Having said that, if members feel offended, then other folks should show respect and refrain from using that word.

Suresh, I am sorry to hear someone called you an 'idiot'; either I must have missed that or I must have been traveling. We have no place for that kind of writing where we get personal. Let us debate the issues but les us not attack each other personally.
Suresh, almost all our members are vegetarians like you; I am a very staunch vegetarian. Yet, there is no use of harping on it because it might backfire. Believe me, I know, by experience!
Suresh, as a moderator, you will apprecaite that I have to balance your views with everybodyelse's. I believe in free speech and I am against any censorship. However, I don't want the majority to be turned off either.
Ok! now the ball is in your court! I do play a lot of tennis, you know!!

An interesting article.
[FONT=&quot]VEDIC RITUALS CAN CONTROL POLLUTION, CLAIM SCHOLARS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hyderabad[/FONT][FONT=&quot] : [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vedic rituals in which medicinal plants are used can help control atmospheric pollution, claims a new study.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A series of “experiments” conducted by the Institute of Scientific Research on Vedas in Hyderabad claimed to have found that air pollution was checked wherever Vedic homams were held. Sri Kuppa Krishna Murthy of the nstitute[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Said that Vedic rituals also help in cleansing the air of harmful bacteria and other deadly microbes. “These rituals can be eye-openers to scientists”, said Vedic scholar, Dr. Mannem Murthy. “Medicinal plants, flowers and certain types of tones used in rituals help protect the environment and also improve the health of the people”. Scholars of the institute conducted studies at different places in Andhra Pradesh recently and discovered that use of tulsi, jammi, raavi (peepul) and neem in certain rituals helped reduce atmospheric pollution.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We also believe that these rituals create positive energy and reduce negative energy in people”. said Dr. Murthy. The Vedic scholars measure auras to establish the effectiveness of various rituals and their energy levels. According to Dr. Murthy, there were some trees which have an aura bigger than that of humans. Not surprisingly, these are the trees which are traditionally worshipped by people. “It is surprising that a one-foot tulsi plant has more aura than a man who is six-feet tall”, said r. Murthy. “But it is true”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The “experiments” conducted by the institute in various places revealed that auras of people ncreased after they stood near neem and peepul trees. After 11 rounds around the neem tree, the aura of most people became brighter. In a similar experiment with a fig tree in Balaji temple of Eluru, the aura of people who went around the tree increased 2.58 metres, claimed the Vedic Scholar. “As a needle gets magnetic properties after being rubbed against a magnet, we humans too increase our aura by sitting in the shade of certain sacred trees, said Dr. Murthy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Researchers from the institute used certain instruments to measure the aura of sacred trees mentioned in Hindu epics. They found out that the aura of banyan tree was 10.10 metres long and that of Kadambam was 8.40 metres long. Tulsi had an aura of 6.11 metres and jammi (Prosobis spicegera) had an aura of 5.90 metres. Neem and raavi had auras of 5.50 metres each.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vedic rituals can control pollution, claim Scholars (continued …)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Like trees, flowers too have auras and also increase the positive energy of man. Vedic researchers measured the aura of different flowers including hibiscus and while calotrophis, which is used to conduct pujas for Lord Shiva puja. The scholars claimed that precious stones had auras which affected the persons wearing them. Emerald has an aura of 3.20 metres while diamond has an aura of 7.5 metres. In a Vedic ritual held at Jillelamudi in Guntur District, dry stems of raavi, rice grains, cow ghee and the idols of Lakshmi, Ganapathi and Subrahmanya were used. The scholars of the institute claimed that the initial aura was 5.10 metres which increased to 62 metres after the ritual got over. In another experiment at Palacole, where a square homagundam was used, the aura extended from 6.5 metres to 102 metres. “All this proves how beneficial our old riruals are”, said a scholar of the institute.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Universal Scanner measures human body aura or electric mpulse or heat generated by an object. In case of human aura, the instrument measures physiological signals of palms, foot and digits.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]……. [/FONT]

Need fresh perspectives

sir - brahminism & vegeteranism are values, like truth . how can people get tired of it?!

Suresh sir,

I think the point here also is that members look for fresh perspectives. The virtues of vegetarianism is well understood & appreciated by forum members. So there is a sense of deja vu when you somehow manage to link every issue back to "vegetarianism, KB & k'haasa" & like.

I am sure you can give us fresh/different perspective on various issues. Also with your knowledge of TN you could start several interesting discussions. That's all few of us are saying.

To give you an example : i started a discussion on why TN politicians haven't risen to the level of PM. I gave some reasons from my perspective. Mr Kudumi added some points from his. That's how we all understand & learn. Now say if you were to post that "because TN politicians are rabid meat eaters, they cannot become PM...................", we are not getting any new perspective. I think you can contribute much more with your views.

I think most of us like your posts whenever you speak of other subjects & we are just asking you to change the "mix".

No one is opposed to you. Whenever we are seeing you post about Vegetarianism i guess we are only saying : "Vanduttanya Vanduttan" or "Venam, valikkudu, alududuven !!!!"

I tend to agree with SF. Many of us are bored stiff by lectures on vegetarianism, brahminism and ultra conservative views on all affairs in general.
Goebbels, the propaganda chief on Nazis used to say that if you repeat a lie oft enough, people start beleiving it to be true. Continuous bombardment by ultra conservative views repeated 20 times a day is likely to sway the wrong way the innocent members who have not yet formed their views/convictions on various issues. Some restraint / moderation is needed.

sir - i dont think members or even readers of this forum are so 'innocent' & 'ignorant' that just because a view is repeated 20 times, they will believe it to be true!!! brahminism & vegeteranism are values, not lies. a lie should not be said even once, so no question of repetition. but values can be & should be emphasised permanently!!!!
i cannot understand the 'rationality' behind the need to impose 'restraint' & 'moderation' in a bramin forum, where a bramin member is emphasising bramin values!!!

Last edited:
Dear Suresh:
This is my personal view on using the word 'bas****''. I absolutely see nothing wrong in using that word. As a matter of fact, it is clinically proper to use that word to denote certain things; however, I would find it offensive if it was used to address someone!!
Coming from the US, which is puritanical in many respects, this word is being used almos everywhere.
Having said that, if members feel offended, then other folks should show respect and refrain from using that word.

Suresh, I am sorry to hear someone called you an 'idiot'; either I must have missed that or I must have been traveling. We have no place for that kind of writing where we get personal. Let us debate the issues but les us not attack each other personally.
Suresh, almost all our members are vegetarians like you; I am a very staunch vegetarian. Yet, there is no use of harping on it because it might backfire. Believe me, I know, by experience!
Suresh, as a moderator, you will apprecaite that I have to balance your views with everybodyelse's. I believe in free speech and I am against any censorship. However, I don't want the majority to be turned off either.
Ok! now the ball is in your court! I do play a lot of tennis, you know!!

sir - i appreciate your concerns about occupation of disk space. but this was not brought to my notice earlier. i was not aware that even online forums need 'family planning':tea: !!! i request you to programme the forum such that no member is able to enter more than 5 postings per day.

regarding actors & actresses, i will continue to write about them in future, but without mentioning their names. i think this will be an acceptable compromise.

when i entered the forum, i was under the impression that, each & every member should start a thread of his own,and enter his views in it. that is why i started a thread of my own, gave it a name and started entering my viewpoints on various issues.

i do not think emphasising on values will backfire on us.

in a democracy, majority viewpoint matters. but is that only yardstick? i would like to remind you about a famous quotation of mahatma gandhi about
a man 7 feet tall saying to a man 5 feet that 'irrespective of whether i am correct or not, i should prevail over you because i am 2 feet taller than you!' just like that is it fair to say 'irrespective of whether we are right or wrong , we are in a majority. so we should prevail over you!'

i suspect the best way for opponents of my viewpoint to punish me is to ignore me! i am writing , only because you are reading! if you stop reading, automatically i have to stop writing!!

this is a public forum, and so there are common rules for all members. i subscribe to the mission of this forum and will abide by the regulations. i request moderators to be strict in deleting any view found to be in violation of norms of the forum (even if it is entered by me!). i do not believe in abuse. and ba***** is an abusive word, which should not be used in public forums like this.
almost 99.99% of my views have been retained in the forum without much deletion by moderators. so i think i have not violated decorum so far and i hope i will not do so. as long as i am functioning within the parameters of the site, i think i have to be tolerated , even if i am repetitive and boring!!!!

regarding pseudonyms i find pseudonyms like 'kudumi' ' 'kaundinya', 'maruthi' brahminical. but most of the other pseudonyms are not at all brahminical!!! e.g.. 'scorpio', 'quartz'. 'fox' etc.,!!

Last edited:
Dear Hariharan1972:
Your posting "need fresh perspectives": Excellent! Thank you for articulating what many members are thinking.

Suresh sir,

I think the point here also is that members look for fresh perspectives. The virtues of vegetarianism is well understood & appreciated by forum members. So there is a sense of deja vu when you somehow manage to link every issue back to "vegetarianism, KB & k'haasa" & like.

I am sure you can give us fresh/different perspective on various issues. Also with your knowledge of TN you could start several interesting discussions. That's all few of us are saying.

To give you an example : i started a discussion on why TN politicians haven't risen to the level of PM. I gave some reasons from my perspective. Mr Kudumi added some points from his. That's how we all understand & learn. Now say if you were to post that "because TN politicians are rabid meat eaters, they cannot become PM...................", we are not getting any new perspective. I think you can contribute much more with your views.

I think most of us like your posts whenever you speak of other subjects & we are just asking you to change the "mix".

No one is opposed to you. Whenever we are seeing you post about Vegetarianism i guess we are only saying : "Vanduttanya Vanduttan" or "Venam, valikkudu, alududuven !!!!"

sir - my main grievance is , if you justify killing animals, you can even justify drinking , smoking, gambling and the likes! vegeteranism is the first and foremost issue for me. but of course, there are so many other issues. i have also dealth with them individually without mxing this 'veggie' angle. we - all of us will discuss 'veggie' independently & other issues also independently!!!

Last edited:
Suresh sir,

sir - you have completely missed the essence. consider the following-

1. indian constitution mandates ban on slaughter of all cattle
2. indian constitution emphasis it is duty of all indians to show compassion towards all living creatures.
3. a law, passed by indian parliament called PCA (prevention of cruelty to animals) bans wanton cruelty to animals in any form.

orthodox (not fundamentalist) vegetarians like me are only pleading with govts.to implement above laws in true letter and spirit! had these laws been implemented properly, there would be no need for anybody to emphasis values of vegeteranism. but the nonveggie votebank in india is so strong, that, they have stalled effective implementation of all the above provisions! they have brainwashed bramins into believing that vegeteransm is a personal choice of individuals. the above laws do not allow vegeteranism to personal choice of members.

i am advocating vegetaranism only in india, mainly because even our constitution and laws do so. for bramins i am advocating 100% vegeteranism. as for non bramins, at the most we can only say not to inflct cruelty on animals. use animal skin & flesh after animals die a natural death. do not kill animals to quench your personal thirst!!

it is very easy to say 'vegeteranism' is a personal choice for even individual bramins. this is what the buddha said. he said it is enough if priests of a religion are orthodox. others can drink, smoke & eat meat as per their own wish. then what happened? after moghuls invaded india, they easily destroyed buddhism because there was no resistance! the reason being, after buddhist priests were eliminated, there were very few persons to counter muslim attack, as most of them were out of orthodox buddhism. in case of orthodox hinduism, however, since each and every member was very orthodox, each and every member was almost a priest himself, so muslims could at the best only reduce the impact of the religion. it became impossible for muslims or british to destroy orthodox hinduism, primarily because our forefathes & ancestors- each & every one of them were almost priests by themselves and so they prevented our culture from extinction.
(this is not my personal view. the nuances of this view belongs to dr. ambedkar.)

the point i am trying to project generally is that how do you expect politicians who under violent pressure from the non veggie vote bank are afraid to implement even ordinary provisions like stopping inflicting cruelty on animals, to act properly on other issues?

if bramins drop vegeteranism and leave it to bramins priests alone to follow, brahminism will become like buddhism! this forum would then look like www.tamilbuddhists.com & we all will become'tambuddhists' from tambarams!
is this what you want to happen????

sir - may main grievance is , if you justify killing animals, you can even justify drinking , smoking, gambling and the likes! vegeteranism is the first and foremost issue for me. but of course, there are so many other issues. i have also dealth with them individually without mxing this 'veggie' angle. we - all of us will discuss 'veggie' independently & other issues also independently!!!

sir - 'a communist is one who licks feet of others!'

'india will prosper only if the congress party is destroyed'!!!

'women should not worry about chastity! they should have free sex!!!'

'aug. 15 1947 is a sad day for india'

'mahatma gandhi is a barbarian'!

'i do not need intelligent people, only idiots to follow me!'

All of the above are not abuses of a drankard, but famous 'quotes' of the 'periar', the 'founding father of 'rationalism'!surprisingly communists eulogise him even though he has hinted communists are worse than street dogs!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and now gandhiji!
pls. go to http://www.mkgandhi.org/epigrams/v.htm and find out what mahatma gandhi feels about many 'V's- vaccination, vedas, varnashrama and of course, vegeteranism!!

and then ambedkar!

pls. also visit http://arunshourie.voiceofdharma.com/articles/scandal.htm. Dr. arun shourie has reproduced extracts from the findings of Dr. ambedkar about how islam destroyed buddhism in india, why buddhism succumbed to islam without a fight, and how orthodox hinduism managed to survive to this date!! the article also nails marxist lies on indian history , particularly their 'history' about bramin oppression on buddhism! these are'findings' of dr. ambedkar, and not his views. remember, findings have always to be respected and accepted, where as views need not be!!!

Last edited:
An interesting article.

[FONT=&quot]VEDIC RITUALS CAN CONTROL POLLUTION, CLAIM SCHOLARS[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hyderabad[/FONT][FONT=&quot] : [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Vedic rituals in which medicinal plants are used can help control atmospheric pollution, claims a new study.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A series of “experiments” conducted by the Institute of Scientific Research on Vedas in Hyderabad claimed to have found that air pollution was checked wherever Vedic homams were held. Sri Kuppa Krishna Murthy of the nstitute[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Said that Vedic rituals also help in cleansing the air of harmful bacteria and other deadly microbes. “These rituals can be eye-openers to scientists”, said Vedic scholar, Dr. Mannem Murthy. “Medicinal plants, flowers and certain types of tones used in rituals help protect the environment and also improve the health of the people”. Scholars of the institute conducted studies at different places in Andhra Pradesh recently and discovered that use of tulsi, jammi, raavi (peepul) and neem in certain rituals helped reduce atmospheric pollution.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“We also believe that these rituals create positive energy and reduce negative energy in people”. said Dr. Murthy. The Vedic scholars measure auras to establish the effectiveness of various rituals and their energy levels. According to Dr. Murthy, there were some trees which have an aura bigger than that of humans. Not surprisingly, these are the trees which are traditionally worshipped by people. “It is surprising that a one-foot tulsi plant has more aura than a man who is six-feet tall”, said r. Murthy. “But it is true”.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The “experiments” conducted by the institute in various places revealed that auras of people ncreased after they stood near neem and peepul trees. After 11 rounds around the neem tree, the aura of most people became brighter. In a similar experiment with a fig tree in Balaji temple of Eluru, the aura of people who went around the tree increased 2.58 metres, claimed the Vedic Scholar. “As a needle gets magnetic properties after being rubbed against a magnet, we humans too increase our aura by sitting in the shade of certain sacred trees, said Dr. Murthy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Researchers from the institute used certain instruments to measure the aura of sacred trees mentioned in Hindu epics. They found out that the aura of banyan tree was 10.10 metres long and that of Kadambam was 8.40 metres long. Tulsi had an aura of 6.11 metres and jammi (Prosobis spicegera) had an aura of 5.90 metres. Neem and raavi had auras of 5.50 metres each.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Vedic rituals can control pollution, claim Scholars (continued …)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Like trees, flowers too have auras and also increase the positive energy of man. Vedic researchers measured the aura of different flowers including hibiscus and while calotrophis, which is used to conduct pujas for Lord Shiva puja. The scholars claimed that precious stones had auras which affected the persons wearing them. Emerald has an aura of 3.20 metres while diamond has an aura of 7.5 metres. In a Vedic ritual held at Jillelamudi in Guntur District, dry stems of raavi, rice grains, cow ghee and the idols of Lakshmi, Ganapathi and Subrahmanya were used. The scholars of the institute claimed that the initial aura was 5.10 metres which increased to 62 metres after the ritual got over. In another experiment at Palacole, where a square homagundam was used, the aura extended from 6.5 metres to 102 metres. “All this proves how beneficial our old riruals are”, said a scholar of the institute.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Universal Scanner measures human body aura or electric mpulse or heat generated by an object. In case of human aura, the instrument measures physiological signals of palms, foot and digits.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]……. [/FONT]

sir - i request and expect you to post many such good findings about our vedic religion!!!

Suresh sir,

I think the point here also is that members look for fresh perspectives.
Vegetarianism i guess we are only saying : "Vanduttanya Vanduttan" or "Venam, valikkudu, alududuven !!!!"

sir - here is a fresh perspective!

when all other religions in the world were 'founded' non vegeteranism was well established. so the 'founders'of these 'religions' did not want to antagonise well established practices, and so they did not enforce vegeteranism. but orthodox hinduism is so old, when it originated, there was no meat eating in the world! people were rabid veggies for many years. this non veggie habit came many, many years after orthodox hinduism was discovered. since the followers of vedic religion were well established veggies, they could not and did not change the habit. those who resorted to non vegan habits were thus out of the religion.

this is an another prespective of vegeteranism. this is a new perspective, which neither myself nor others have not put forth in this forum before. so pls. , even if this may be boring, it is certainly not repetitive!!!

The Four Kothrams Of Brahmins!!

sir - here is a fresh perspective!

when all other religions in the world were 'founded' non vegeteranism was well established. so the 'founders'of these 'religions' did not want to antagonise well established practices, and so they did not enforce vegeteranism. but orthodox hinduism is so old, when it originated, there was no meat eating in the world! people were rabid veggies for many years. this non veggie habit came many, many years after orthodox hinduism was discovered. since the followers of vedic religion were well established veggies, they could not and did not change the habit. those who resorted to non vegan habits were thus out of the religion.

this is an another prespective of vegeteranism. this is a new perspective, which neither myself nor others have not put forth in this forum before. so pls. , even if this may be boring, it is certainly not repetitive!!!

SIR - all bramins in the world belong to either of four kothrams- srivatsa, kausiga, kaundinya & bharathwaja. it is believed all bramins originated from 4 different saints, and so, the names of these saints are given to the kothrams. a man and woman belonging to same kothram cannot marry as they are considered brothers & sisters. no other faith in the world has this sort of an arrangement for its members. only bramins have kothrams. non bramins do not have kothrams.

when you wake up in the morning pls say "HARI' 'HARI' HARI several times and first see your palms before seeing anything else.

when you go out pls. say 'KESAVAAYA NAMAHA'!!

when you eat something you have to say to yourself 'GOVINDAAYA NAMAHA'!

before sleeping say to yourself 'MAADHAVAAYA NAMAHA'!!

i am not a very orthodox person, but i have been following above practices since i was a schoolboy!!!!

SIR - all bramins in the world belong to either of four kothrams- srivatsa, kausiga, kaundinya & bharathwaja. it is believed all bramins originated from 4 different saints, and so, the names of these saints are given to the kothrams. a man and woman belonging to same kothram cannot marry as they are considered brothers & sisters. no other faith in the world has this sort of an arrangement for its members. only bramins have kothrams. non bramins do not have kothrams.

when you wake up in the morning pls say "HARI' 'HARI' HARI several times and first see your palms before seeing anything else.

i am not a very orthodox person, but i have been following above practices since i was a schoolboy!!!!

sir - here is yet another 'perspective' on vegeteranism! pls. go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/guruguru/petition.html. a follower of sikhism has opposed serving meat in a camp in united states for sikhs, and has signed an international online public petition against this! just consider the facts- sikhism is not so strict on vegeteranism as brahminism. and moreover this incident happened in USA where,unlike in india, to the best of my knowledge, meat eating is not prohibited. still a member of sikhism has opposed this strongly. he has even said that 'meat eating is against values of sikhism'. if a sikh is so passionate about vegeteranism, just imagine how many more times passionate should we bramins be about veggiesm???

Last edited:
sir - here is yet another 'perspective' on vegeteranism! pls. go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/guruguru/petition.html. a follower of sikhism has opposed serving meat in a camp in united states for sikhs, and has signed an international online public petition against this! just consider the facts- sikhism is not so strict on vegeteranism as brahminism. and moreover this incident happened in USA where,unlike in india, to the best of my knowledge, meat eating is not prohibited. still a member of sikhism has opposed this strongly. he has even said that 'meat eating is against values of sikhism'. if a sikh is so passionate about vegeteranism, just imagine how many more times passionate should we bramins be about veggiesm???

MUSINGS OF AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT!!!!!!!!

sir - 'rationalists' are quoting the darwin theory which says man evoluted from monkeys, as a proof that god did not create man. but then darwin talks only about evolution of man. who created the monkey , from which man originated? who created the stars, the sky, the oceans, rivers and the likes??? god obviously!!

'rationalists' accuse orthodox hindus of not donating their eyes due to orthodox belief of rebirth. blindness was not even a minor problem during vedic days and hence the question of eye donation did not arise during that period. eye donation operations, in any case are only a few hundred years old. so certainly there cannot be and there is not any mention either in favour of or against eye donations in any scriptures. any way, the no. of orthodox hindus is very low in india, and so even if they do not donate their eyes after their death, if people of other religions, castes , people outside india donate eyes, the problem of blindness in india can be resolved easily!!!!

'rationalists' advocate inter caste marriages to enforce 'equality' between castes. if a non bramin women marries a bramin man, she will go to a bramin surrounding , a bramin household, and moreover as per law & as per hereditary practice, she also becomes a bramin. but if a bramin women marries a non bramin man, she will have to go to a surrounding which is diatemetrically & totally opposed to the way of living she has been used to since her birth! how can she adjust then????

'rationalists' also forget that there is always specific inequality all round. for example, area of uttarpradesh is many times more than area of kerala! if a person from kerala were to go to court pleading that, on the basis of 'equality' for all, uttarpradesh should be split many times
by the central government until it becomes as small as the smallest state in india, will it not look stupid?????????

i request 'rational' members in this forum to start a new thread about values of 'non vegeteranism'!!! of course it will look ironical - 'bramin' members in a bramin forum propagating anti braminical thoughts! but it is better than bombarding the moderators with hate mails about me and putting pressure on adminstrators to get me expelled. opponents of my viewpoints can always issue replies, rejoinders in this thread or anywhere else in this forum. or they can even send a private message to me. had i been expelled it would created a new world record - a person being expelled from a forum, not for anti forum, but for pro-forum activities!!!!!!!!

(a member had abused me - rightly or wrongly - as an absolute idiot - so i have adopted this title for myself!!!)

Last edited:
Dear Sri N. Suresh,

While you write your views with vigour of emotion, unfortunately, they do not mesh with logic. I am not here to call you as anything but mis-guided, because your logic is flawed and your flailing of the 'rationalists' ideas are half baked.

Let me just illustrate with two examples:

1. Vegetarianism: While this dietary practice, in recent times especiaaly in the west has come to be accepted as a healthier option in contrast to the daily consumption of red meat and potatoes, it still is not accepted as THE Diet to be followed. The reason is simple - even with the protein deficiency is addressed in the diet by the judicious combinations of grains and lentiles, it still lacks in providing certain nutrients (like iron, for example) that a body needs, which are easily provided by the proper mix of the non vegetarian diet. This is why, the longest life expediency, the minimal occurances of cancer as well as the heart disease exist in the regions of the world where the folks consume a variety of non veg foods, namely the mediterranean countries and Japan. To argue that vegetarianism is best suited to ALL people on earth is rediculous - I do not see how the folks who live in tundra conditions are supposed to be vegetarians! I do not see a reason why they would abandon centuries of their tradition when they were dependent on the bountiful sea food and some land game that was and still is available to them. More importantly, their diet suit their harsh living environment. While pure vegetarianism increases the 'Sattvic' nature of the practisionar (according to our religion), there have been saints in our religion, who happily were not vegetarians.

2. Inter caste marriage. I do not know who are the 'rationalists' who are promoting this idea. But your logic is that a 'non-brahmin' can adopt to a 'brahminical' way of life much more easily than vice versa. To arrive at this conclusion, you obviously have assumed that a non vegetarian can adopt to vegetarianism much more easily than vice versa. This is flawed logic, based on invalid assumptions. A vegetarian can avoid the non vegetarian food in that environment and be happy than the other way around. Believe me, I know this by experience.

Regards,,
KRS

Dear Sri N. Suresh,

While you write your views with vigour of emotion, unfortunately, they do not mesh with logic. I am not here to call you as anything but mis-guided, because your logic is flawed and your flailing of the 'rationalists' ideas are half baked.

Let me just illustrate with two examples:

1. Vegetarianism: While this dietary practice, in recent times especiaaly in the west has come to be accepted as a healthier option in contrast to the daily consumption of red meat and potatoes, it still is not accepted as THE Diet to be followed. The reason is simple - even with the protein deficiency is addressed in the diet by the judicious combinations of grains and lentiles, it still lacks in providing certain nutrients (like iron, for example) that a body needs, which are easily provided by the proper mix of the non vegetarian diet. This is why, the longest life expediency, the minimal occurances of cancer as well as the heart disease exist in the regions of the world where the folks consume a variety of non veg foods, namely the mediterranean countries and Japan. To argue that vegetarianism is best suited to ALL people on earth is rediculous - I do not see how the folks who live in tundra conditions are supposed to be vegetarians! I do not see a reason why they would abandon centuries of their tradition when they were dependent on the bountiful sea food and some land game that was and still is available to them. More importantly, their diet suit their harsh living environment. While pure vegetarianism increases the 'Sattvic' nature of the practisionar (according to our religion), there have been saints in our religion, who happily were not vegetarians.

2. Inter caste marriage. I do not know who are the 'rationalists' who are promoting this idea. But your logic is that a 'non-brahmin' can adopt to a 'brahminical' way of life much more easily than vice versa. To arrive at this conclusion, you obviously have assumed that a non vegetarian can adopt to vegetarianism much more easily than vice versa. This is flawed logic, based on invalid assumptions. A vegetarian can avoid the non vegetarian food in that environment and be happy than the other way around. Believe me, I know this by experience.

Regards,,
KRS

sir - i have already clarified that i am not advocating vegeteranism for whole world. i am advocating vegeteranism only bramins all over world. and i am advocating vegeteranism in india as mandated by constitution & law. if you read carefully, you can understand that indian constitution & law do not ban consumption of meat, they only prohibit cruelty to animals i.e. killing or injuring of animals for consuming their meat.

a non vegetarian is not a person who eats only meat, but a person who also eats meat. but a vegetarian is a person who totally abstains from meat. it is thus easy for a non veggie to repent and become a veggie and not the other way round!!! if your logic is extended, even drinking liquor can be justified!!!

BTW, the paramacharya lived upto 100 yrs. he was an orthodox vegetarian who even avoided onions & garlic!!!!!

AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT I AM ADVOCATING VEGETERANISM & ALCOHOL ABSTINENCE ONLY FOR FOLLOWING 2 CATEGORIES -

1. BRAMINS ALL OVER THE WORLD. BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SMOKE, DRINK, CONSUME ANIMAL FLESH & STILL CALL YOURSELVES AS A 'BRAMIN'!!! just consider whether we all would be bramins had out forefathers & ancestors had been drunkards & meat eaters! it is our duty to safeguard our culture as we inherited it from our forefathers and hand it over to the next generation. our ancestors faced brutal onslaught from invaders of foreign religions, and still did not drop their adherence to vedic cultural tenets like vegeteranism, idol worship, alcohol abstinence etc., we are in a better condition than our forefathers, though we too have problems in present days. but it should not be diffcult for present day bramins to be pure veggies & teetotallers- anywhere in the world!!!

2. FOR PEOPLE ALL OVER INDIA - BECAUSE CONSTITUTION & LAW MANDATE IT!

I CANNOT & WILL NOT ADVOCATE VEGETERANISM & ALCOHOL ABSTINENCE FOR ANY NON BRAMIN OF ANY GENDER, CASTE, RELIGION, REGION, LANGUAGE, BELIEF, COUNTRY OR BACKGROUND OUTSIDE INDIA!!!!!

Last edited:
sir - i have already clarified that i am not advocating vegeteranism for whole world. i am advocating vegeteranism only bramins all over world. and i am advocating vegeteranism in india as mandated by constitution & law. if you read carefully, you can understand that indian constitution & law do not ban consumption of meat, they only prohibit cruelty to animals i.e. killing or injuring of animals for consuming their meat.

a non vegetarian is not a person who eats only meat, but a person who also eats meat. but a vegetarian is a person who totally abstains from meat. it is thus easy for a non veggie to repent and become a veggie and not the other way round!!!

sir - 'rationalists' are arguing that priests are middlemen between god and devotee, and that there is no need for middlemen. actually, unlike in other religions, places of worships in orthodox temples were built not to propagate religion, but as a mark of respect towards god. so priests were appointed to maintain high standards of hygiene & devotion in temple premises.because a place built as mark of respect to god has to be of high quality in all aspects.all the practices in orthodox hinduism, rituals, etc., are means of showing respect to god. so the 'middlemen' argument is absurd!

Last edited:
just consider whether we all would be bramins had out forefathers & ancestors had been drunkards & meat eaters! it is our duty to safeguard our culture as we inherited it from our forefathers and hand it over to the next generation. our ancestors faced brutal onslaught from invaders of foreign religions, and still did not drop their adherence to vedic cultural tenets like vegeteranism, idol worship, alcohol abstinence etc., we are in a better condition than our forefathers, though we too have problems in present days. but it should not be diffcult for present day bramins to be pure veggies & teetotallers- anywhere in the world!!!

sir - orthodox hindus generally insist that 3 persons should not go together outside. this does not mean that 4 persons should go outside from a house or any other place! this means only 2 persons at a time should go out! there is a logical reason for this. when 3 or more persons go out, it attracts attention of people and people murmur, gossip about these persons. but if only2 people go out, normally it will not attract attention to that level. this problem of other people's attantion being attracted towards us unnecessarily is called as 'dhrishti'! to avoid this 'dhristi' it s insisted that whenever you go out, whereever you go, do not do so, as far as possible in a crowded manner, so that you do not attract attention of other people!!!!!

Ashtami & Navami!!!

sir - orthodox hindus generally insist that 3 persons should not go together outside. this does not mean that 4 persons should go outside from a house or any other place! this means only 2 persons at a time should go out! there is a logical reason for this. when 3 or more persons go out, it attracts attention of people and people murmur, gossip about these persons. but if only2 people go out, normally it will not attract attention to that level. this problem of other people's attantion being attracted towards us unnecessarily is called as 'dhrishti'! to avoid this 'dhristi' it s insisted that whenever you go out, whereever you go, do not do so, as far as possible in a crowded manner, so that you do not attract attention of other people!!!!!

SIR- orthodox hindus celebrate Lord Rama's birthday with devotional fervour as rama navami.orthodox hindus also celebrate Lord Krishna's birthday Gokulakshtami with the same enthusiasm. but at the same time orthodox hindus, consider ashtami, the 8th day from amavasya and navami, the 9th day from amavasya as inauspicious! there s a reason for this. Lord Rama was born on a navami, and, lord krishna on an asthami. remember both rama and krishna struggled bitterly throughout their life. they never had peace of mind in their life. so orthdox hindus consider ashtami & navami, the day these two were born as inauspicious due to this reason-though they celebrate the birthday of these gods with utmost devotion!!!!

Last edited:
SIR- orthodox hindus celebrate Lord Rama's birthday with devotional fervour as rama navami.orthodox hindus also celebrate Lord Krishna's birthday Gokulakshtami with the same enthusiasm. but at the same time orthodox hindus, consider ashtami, the 8th day from amavasya and navami, the 9th day from amavasya as inauspicious! there s a reason for this. Lord Rama was born on a navami, and, lord krishna on an asthami. remember both rama and krishna struggled bitterly throughout their life. they never had peace of mind in their life. so orthdox hindus consider ashtami & navami, the day these two were born as inauspicious due to this reason-though they celebrate the birthday of these gods with utmost devotion!!!!

sir - there are so many such beliefs in orthodox hinduism. like it is a bad omen if a cat crosses your path once you start going out from your house, that you should not speak to any bereaved person on monday etc., 'rationalists' say these are all superstitions. but i think these are all beliefs which arose from experience of many persons & observations conducted many times. these beliefs are like opinion polls. some times they may be correct. sometimes wrong. but they are not superstitions. in any case they are not central to orthodox hinduism! they form only a part of orthodox hinduism!!!

sir - this is probably another reason why non bramins cannot become priests in orthodox temples. because since non bramins do not have any Kothram, they have not originated from the four rishis, from whom all bramins are believed to have originated.!!! and only descendants of the four rishis are considered true bramins, and only these bramins are eligible to become priests in orthodox temples!!!!!

sir - 'a communist is one who licks feet of others!'

sir - by oversight i omitted this important point. it would not be out of place to mention here that nara. ram editor of 'the hindu' boasts that he is a communist and at the same time eulogises the periar also, even though the 'periar' has said that 'communists survive by licking feet of others'!!!

QUATOROCCHI ALLOWED TO ESCAPE!!!
----------------------------------------
SIR - Quatorocchi, italian criminal, main accused in bofors case, has been detained in argentina airport by argentinian authorties. but CBI has not made any genuine effort to extradite him back to india so that the truth behind bofors kickbacks can be found out. "Q" obviously is a very close friend of sonia maino, and so even if he happens to be a criminal, he will be let off! so, the more close you are to sonia maino, the higher the respect you will get fromthis govt. even if you are criminal no.1!!!!!

N. Suresh, Sir,

Again your arguments do not follow logic on the Vegetarianism issue as well as the Gothra issue.

1. It is well documented that the ORIGINAL brahmins consumed meat as well as consumed an alcoholic drink called 'Soma' when they performed Yagna. Vegetarianism came later, I suspect because of the link found between 'bad' meat and nasty diseases in the hot climate of India (without refrigeration) and the empirical thesis that the 'Sattvic' guna increases by not eating the animal protein (as well as other vegetarian stuff like Garlic and Onions). There is a Tamil saying "Konna Pavam, Thinna Potchu", meaning that the sin of killing is washed away if you eat the animal. This is why, several cultures while eating meat, offer a prayer to thank the dead animal. When one kills an animal for food, it is not viewed as 'sin' in most religions. Since we have our body system made to digest meat (in fact made to need the nutrients that the meat and fish provide, starting from the design of our teeth), we can conclude that we are made to eat meat. Cruelty to an animal is not when you kill them for food. Cruelty is when you see so many unproductive and unwanted animals abandoned by their masters, who live by the road side eatink plastic garbage and then die of uncared for indifference, as you see all over in India today.

2. You are wrong about the 'Gothras'. If you ask any Kshatria and Vaishnava, if they understand their lineage, they will tell you their Gothras. This tells you why the 'Varnas' were not fixed by birth. Please get your facts straight before enlarging and underscoring your statements in Jumbo red!

Brahmins are by conduct, not by birth. I challenge you to show me a 'Brahmin' as envisioned by our scriptures, I will show you that by inference, most of us are not 'Brahmins'. In fact, by just the fact you are posting here tells me that you are not one, as the REAL BRAHMIN would not have time to even look at Internet!

Pranams,
KRS

KRS sir,
I have seen a BRAHMANA.Because you have not seen a real brahmana,does not mean such persons do not exist.Though i agree they are an endangered species in the modern world.
Also,i think the human body is more suited for vegetarianism.

Suresh sir,
i think we should move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back