• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

HINDI SONGS!! Let us share our favourites, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.
The western pop has its car driving songs – fast beats, with heavy guitar and drums and unique twangs – like the beach boys.

We in india have our equivalent, ie maattu vandi jatka songs.

Only in india, can the maattu vandi or jatka, can outrace the automobile. Even though the real ride may result in bruised bums, we have the cheery actors spouting away the beauty of the countryside, the land and above all the MOTHER. Underlying this, is also, a mockery, some slight but many overt, of the city life, which is viewed as selfish and ‘anti family’.

Here I give two songs, from two different parts of india, two different era, separated by more than 20 years, but still carrying the same theme, and one only has to close one’s eyes, to imagine the bells of the cows and stink of their farts, as they pull the kolly/bolly stars from reality to the silver screen.

The first is from periya idathu penn, with our own vathiar, thalappa kattu and all, mocking the then pretty lass, B. Saroja Devi.

m.g.r.hits - YouTube

The other is from aah, 1953, Raj Kapoor and two bullocks. My sympathies, ofcourse, lies with the bullocks.

chhoti si ye zindgani teri film aah mukesh Related Indian Videos Bollywood Videos uservideos smashits com - YouTube

Greetings.

There was a small industrial estate close to my village. Many young Keralites worked there. A card game called 'twenty eight' is very popular amoung the Keralites. During one week-end, I was the part of the losing team. So, i had to sponsor the victors to a movie of their choice. They chose to watch 'Aap Ki Kasam'. whatever it means! I had no option, but to go with them. A song from that movie.....

Jay Jay Shiv Shankar - YouTube

Cheers!

Dear Amala

I like this song a lot - 'Laila o Laila' from the movie Qurbani!

laila o laila - YouTube

Dear Valli, Another song from Qurbani... on friendship... dedicated to you....

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with friendship."

Qurbani Qurbani - Qurbani 1980 Feroz Khan Vinod Khanna - YouTube

Last edited:
Dear friends,

I don't remember how we happened to meet each other..
I don't remember who got along with whom first..
But we met here in this Forum..
And all I can remember is all of us are together..ALWAYS!!

Thank you all for being my Good Friends!!

Wishing all my friends in this forum, A Very Auspicious Vinayakar Chaturthi in Advance!!

When the topic is of friendship... is there any better song than this...????

Zanjeer Yaari Hai Imaan Mera - YouTube

And this.....???

Tere jaisa yaar kahan from the movie"Yaarana" - YouTube

dear guys and gals,

just came back from India.had a nice trip.feel a bit tired cos flight landed only after midnight and its was longer as usual.
will paste some songs once i feel less tired.
prayed for all of you at Puttaparthi.I didnt want to miss out anyone so i addressed a prayer for whole TB forum members.

dear guys and gals,

just came back from India.had a nice trip.feel a bit tired cos flight landed only after midnight and its was longer as usual.
will paste some songs once i feel less tired.
prayed for all of you at Puttaparthi.I didnt want to miss out anyone so i addressed a prayer for whole TB forum members.

Welcome back dear Renu! I missed you in the forum very much! Without you the forum was very well behaved and conservative :)

We need you for all the கலக்கல் கலகல effect!! :)

Love

Hi Rekka,

Hope you had a good trip. Thanks for praying for us! Did you find out when we can see Prema Sai Baba?

Thats soo true w/o forum was not naughty :)...ok now please post your fav songs after you have sufficiently recovered from your jet lag and have a good Ganesh Chaturthi!

Dear Amala and all.

Had great 5 days in Chennai with mum and bro and arrived into Dubai this morning at around 8am. Though the trip was short the pleasure & atisfaction are enormous.. :). The days were spent so nicely that we didn't much have the feel of lacking long term togetherness.

Since the departure from Chennai was at wee hours of today morning, I was dead tired untill I could have 3 hours of sleep upto 12:30pm, U.A.E time.

Here I go with my contributions for the day...

The one from the old movie - "SILSILA"

Dekha Ek Khawaab Ko - YouTube - (A very colorful song.. :))

-----------------------

The one from the new movies - "FANAA" (A very nice movie to watch scene by scene- A Love story of a innocent blind girl and a terrorist)

Fanaa - Mere Haath Mein (ENGLISH) - YouTube

Mesmerizing Lyrics, Music and picturization, that I love the most.. :)

-----------------------

The one from Albums of Adnan Sami - One of Adnan Sami's finest lyrics and Music..

Tera chehra Jab NaZar AAye... - YouTube

Last edited:
ravi,

i hope you took the rain away with you to dubai. they could use some there i think. and chennai has had too much of it ! no?

ravi,

i hope you took the rain away with you to dubai. they could use some there i think. and chennai has had too much of it ! no?

Taking rain away with me to Dubai from Chennai!!!!!! I wish I could do that.... :(

No Shri Kunjuppu....No much rain in Chennai, atleast during the days I was there (from 27th to 31st August). Just there was short time normal rain during the evening time, twice.

Dear Amala and all.

Had great 5 days in Chennai with mum and bro and arrived into Dubai this morning at around 8am. Though the trip was short the pleasure & atisfaction are enormous.. :). The days were spent so nicely that we didn't much have the feel of lacking long term togetherness.

Since the departure from Chennai was at wee hours of today morning, I was dead tired untill I could have 3 hours of sleep upto 12:30pm, U.A.E time.

Here I go with my contributions for the day...

The one from the old movie - "SILSILA"

Dekha Ek Khawaab Ko - YouTube - (A very colorful song.. :))

-----------------------

The one from the new movies - "FANAA" (A very nice movie to watch scene by scene- A Love story of a innocent blind girl and a terrorist)

Fanaa - Mere Haath Mein (ENGLISH) - YouTube

Mesmerizing Lyrics, Music and picturization, that I love the most.. :)

-----------------------

The one from Albums of Adnan Sami - One of Adnan Sami's finest lyrics and Music..

Tera chehra Jab NaZar AAye... - YouTube

Nice to see you back again... Ravi Bhai.... My hearty Welcome....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back