• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

HINDI SONGS!! Let us share our favourites, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Amala

I liked the matching colour postings of yours with the flower avatar!!

Ladies match earrings, bindhi, bangles, hairband, shoes, handbag etc etc and it was very unique of you to match with your avatar flower colour!!!

I like it Amala :)

Love
Valli

Dear Amala and all,

For today I am posting the following two wonderful songs -

One for the old movie - "Manzil" -

RIM ZHIM GIRE SAWAN - MANZIL - YouTube

The other one from the present times - "Om Shanthi Om" -

Romantic Hindi Song Mein Agar Kahoon With Lyrics | Shahrukh Khan & Deepika Paukone - YouTube

I had a sudden plan to go to Chennai on a 5 Day trip to meet my mum casually. I am leaving tonight and would be back on next Thursday (1st September). If possible and time permits, I would continue to post my songs from Chennai...Because, I wanna spend maximum time with my mum and bro .. :)

Dear Ravi

I am happy for you about your visit to India!

Have a whale of a time Ravi! Good on you Man!

With love
Valli

Lol Vallika I never thought of matching with my avatar at all. its just that Pink is my favourite colour! All shades of pink especially hot/shocking pink (like Reese Witherspoon in Legally blonde) Thats why chose this for my font. but i keep forgetting and write in black and post and then have to edit :D

About a year ago, a niece, in Toronto, married a bengali guy.

A few things stood out in the marriage, whch was a mix of tambram, Bengali and Punjabi traditions. And some new traditions.

The groom arrived on the morning of the wedding, not on a horse of stretch limo, but standing on a pick up trick, which was hilarious.

The bride’s entry was punctuated by this song. Having not seen the movie, I heard the song for the first time here, and in a closed marriage hall, with the massive shehnai starter, the entrance of the bride was astounding.

First time, also, I saw bride dressed throughout the morning session in only one dress, and that too a lehnga. Hooray for novelties!!

So I went home and downloaded the song, which has been one of my favourites.

The movie, singh is king, is of poor quality, except if you like to see akshay kumar in a turban and a silly grin; kat kaif was her usual waify airhead role.

When I saw the movie ultimately, I was waiting for the song, only to find only a couple of notes sung in the background, at the end of the movie. What a disappointment.

However, here is a version of the complete song, with a video of repeated shots of akshay/kat from the movie singh is king.

rahat fateh ali khan earning illegal dollars in india. but what i liked apart from his silky smooth voice, was the fact that he took howling to new heights and pleasantries. his entry into the song, in the form of a prolonged howl, reminded me of a pregnant wolf, about to deliver. :)

shreya ghosal ofcourse is her usual sweet voiced self :)

‘Tere Ore’ – towards you!! anytime

Shreya Ghoshal , Rahat Fateh Ali Khan Teri Ore With English Translation (HD) - YouTube

hey guys..wont be around tomorrow onwards.
cant wait to land in India on Sunday.
See you guys when I come back.Will be back on Sep 1st.

Last edited:
Lol Vallika I never thought of matching with my avatar at all. its just that Pink is my favourite colour! All shades of pink especially hot/shocking pink (like Reese Witherspoon in Legally blonde) Thats why chose this for my font. but i keep forgetting and write in black and post and then have to edit :D

my lovely daughters name is "pinky" as thats the first word i exclaimed when she was born and placed in my palms "omg how pink she looks" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for lovely songs. Nepali Udit is really something isn't he? But i dunno why for me Udit and Kumar's (Sanu) voice sound soo nasal like their singing through their nose!

Rahat is something else!

Continuing from my earlier post here is another favourite from Anari

Tera Jaana - Raj Kapoor & Nutan - Anari - YouTube

Seems like I'm the only one posting old black and whites! Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back