• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you accept or Not..?...[ TVK ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

13612328_673087546171726_205583856385693768_n.jpg

Why do we have to compare with others to feel better about ourselves?

I find that inhumane.

Many times I read about people going tru bad phases in their lives..like recently I read about a person having some cancer and on treatment and she was saying she feels better cos she knows that there are people who are worse off than her and dying.

Thats sadistic to get pleasure knowing that someone is worse than us.

I feel a truly good person would say that he/she wishes no one has to endure what he/she is going tru and not feel better that some are worse off and dying.

Dear Renu,

It is a normal human's nature to
go green with envy, when he sees others with good health, wealth, beauty or intelligence.

You may be surprised if I say that a girl keeps on grumbling about her health everyday, because one of her relatives has

advised her NOT to say that she is perfectly fit, to avoid getting the effect of 'evil eye'!

The best way is not to compare ourselves with the less fortunate ones but be contented with what the Almighty has given

us in this life. :)

There are some senior citizens who grumble about health as a way of life and to elicit sympathy.

Once these formalitiesof grumbling are over , they spring to high level of activity and paint the town red

quote-while-we-don-t-always-get-what-we-want-we-always-get-what-we-choose-john-c-maxwell-81-24-10.jpg

Source: Google images

That is not true.
A lot of time we are dealt a hand, and we have to play it as best as we can.
A person does not choose to have Cancer, it happens. I can recount so many instances of that nature.
You may say our fate is due to Karma and so in effect it is our choice, but that is philosophy not reality.
If our fate is due to Karma, did Karma happen first or fate happened first at the very beginning.

One needs courage to accept things such as

the mistakes (blunders?) one commits in his life are

by his own choice and not due to any chance

and that one chooses self esteem to self pity

passing through the other claims made by that anonymous person!

Small wonder he had chosen to remain anonymous for ever!! :rolleyes:

There are neither rewards nor punishments in Nature

but only direct and logical consequences of one's own actions
be they stupid and thoughtless or clever and intelligent!!! :moony:

Message of my Spiritual guru Sri. Maheshji put in my words.

Neither of us are anonymous nor absconding! :peep:

4655398a41f3347acd25034d04258e75.jpg

Soure: Google images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Renu,

It is a normal human's nature to
go green with envy, when he sees others with good health, wealth, beauty or intelligence.

Dear RR ji,

I do not think envy is normal.

Its abnormal and a sign of inferiority complex.

In day to day life we meet people who are better off than us in many ways but that does not make us envious becos each leads their own lives and what one person lacks the other has and what one person has the other lacks...this combination makes up the world where we learn to live with what resources and attributes we have and to admire and learn from others who are better than us and use a our attributes to help others who might need help.

4655398a41f3347acd25034d04258e75.jpg

Soure: Google images.

dear VB sir,

Out here in Msia and also in Thailand there is a paste called Otak Udang..meaning "Prawn's brain"..it contains the ground matter of the head of a prawn.

Thai dishes and Malay dishes contain this Prawn paste.

Coming to OP, I am contended and happy with what I have ...I do not envy others...We have a role to play in this world..Let us enact that role to the best of our ability

Code:
Dear TVK Sir,

Only wise persons can spot the wisdom in others! :)

We can never forget your friendly smile! :thumb:

Dear RR ji,

I do not think envy is normal. .......
Dear Renu,

If our parents inculcate good values in us right from childhood, we will NOT envy others.

But envying is natural to humans and hence our Gurus teach us not to envy.

Thiruvalluvar says the righteous path is to avoid envy, desire, anger and bad words. I think the sequence is perfect!

Because, envy will result in desire; desire will result in anger (by not getting what was wished for); anger results in

using harsh words.

அழுக்காறு அவாவெகுளி இன்னாச்சொல் நான்கும்
இழுக்கா இயன்றது அறம்

azhukkARu avAvekuLi innAchchol nAngum
izhukkA iyandradhu aRam -
(KuraL 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back