• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Policeman says he’d rather scavenge trash than accept bribes, wins nation’s hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

[h=2]Policeman says he’d rather scavenge trash than accept bribes, wins nation’s hearts[/h]By Coconuts Jakarta May 19, 2016 / 16:13 WIB

There’s no denying that police officers in Indonesia have a reputation for being incredibly corrupt. But there are in fact some hardworking, honest law enforcers here as well, as evidenced by one officer from Malang, East Java, whose harrowing yet uplifting story is winning over the hearts of people across the country.
Bripka Seladi, 58, works two jobs. By day, he’s a traffic police officer, but by night, he scavenges trash to make ends meet.

Follow

samuel milzaki ‎@AdeAde121212

Y alloh berikan ksehatn tuk polisi ini,sngt mulia tgsnya.Semangat bripka seladi anggota polresta malang@Polisi_R1
6:07 AM - 19 May 2016

Seladi, a father of three, has been a part of the force since 1977. But, for the past 8 years, he has also been picking up trash and selling it to make money on the side.
“I saw that many people were picking up trash around my office. I thought, there’s money in this. If it doesn’t get picked up, the trash will mount. So I started doing it myself,” Seladi said, as quoted by Kompas.
Seladi said he earns Rp 25K–50K ($1.80-3.67) a day from selling trash. He admitted that some people have mocked him, but he believes that it’s better to get his hands literally dirty by handling trash than getting them dirty by dealing in corruption.
“As long as what I do is halal and I’m serious about doing it, I don’t care about what people say. I know, there are those who mock me. In that case I’d say to them, 'I can be like you (corrupt), but can you be like me?’” he said.
Seladi’s son, Rizal Dimas, said he also wants to be a police officer and doesn’t need to look anywhere beyond his father for a role model.
“I’m not ashamed that my father is a police officer and also a scavenger. It’s an honest job. I’m proud that my father taught us about honesty,” he said.
We have the utmost respect for Seladi and we hope that his new found fame will inspire other police officers in Indonesia to follow his lead.

http://jakarta.coconuts.co/2016/05/...venge-trash-accept-bribes-wins-nations-hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back