• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. I like to learn the veracity of such occurrences. Can one decide the time of birth by advising doctor going for cesarian? Not withstanding the fact whether the perfect time of birth could stil still maintained upto the second, is the wisdon to take control of time of birth correct ? Are we not interfering with nature's laws to take effect on the birty of the child?. Is this a correct stand approved?
I have already explained about my research into deciding the time of birth using jyoutish and syserian. According to my research, when this was attempted by people, there were unfortunate events always occurring like doctors getting other important work during that time and equipments failing and so on. So the time of birth cannot be tweaked or controlled favourable to the child.

I perfectly agree upon the members regarding giving up ego and pride. However, we should always remember that serving our Gods also comes into picture. We should learn our scriptures in details always and serve our Gods. We should not forsake our scriptures and knowledge. Becoming a Sanyasi is the exteme. IN REALITY (in KALI YUGA the forces of distraction are in its extreme) a person living a normal life is bound by karma. When one is bound by Karma, he has to face the events in his life. Although a person gives himself to Lord Shiva or Godess Shakti, he has to take care and guide his children.

It is not like their children will also be the same, and what events they will face. Here is where the knowledge of Jyoutish comes into vital importance. If one is a Sanyasi, then he has completely forsaken his life and gives himself to the Gods. But a normal person is also committed to his family and their well being.

Jyoutish is an important tool where one can effectively match marriages if done effectively, there will be no problems or seperation(divorces). Also the problem of child being handicapped or ill born does not occur at all when marriages are fixed this way.

Last edited:
to all: One should live in the world and do their duties, there is no need for Sanyasam,or go to forest and do thabas, a simple technique keep your puthi,siddham away from worldly things and just give yourself to the lord (OPPUKODUTHAL) and do meditation, when time comes you will injoys that stage. s.r.k.

to Siddhanta ji, Even the way of useing a tool as jyoutish for marriage, why the so called astrologers says out of ten five is better ( Pathuku aindhu pazuthily) or nine is ok or seven is better like wise. As per astrology in 12 place if Mars is there he will become Sanyasi, yes myin is that but I am in a family and duing all duties also a sprititual way of life, can you justify . s.r.k.

to Siddhanta ji, Even the way of useing a tool as jyoutish for marriage, why the so called astrologers says out of ten five is better ( Pathuku aindhu pazuthily) or nine is ok or seven is better like wise. As per astrology in 12 place if Mars is there he will become Sanyasi, yes myin is that but I am in a family and duing all duties also a sprititual way of life, can you justify . s.r.k.

There are different methods of analysing horoscope, the Vimshottari dasa system and the Yogini dasha system are the most commonly used. However i suppose the Vimshottari dasha system is used by most astrologers.

For matching horoscopes, i have seen skillful astrologers compare the dashas of the two horoscopes and their influences rather than matching five out of ten. They do not consider the five out of ten matching system. Also the first step they do in matching for marriages is they see whether the male or female is good cultured. If the male has bad habits and multiple relations(such people NEVER beleive in Gods or Jyotish even if they do, it is only a cover), then astrologers do not recommend that horoscope. Similar case is with the female. In events of abnormalities, they advice the remedy of going to a specific temple and offering worship to specific God or Godess that would counter the abnormality. The second step goes into the matching of the horoscopes, the dasha combination of the two and whether or not the combination will result in a bad outcome.

Regarding your personal life, i am not sure because various aspects of the celestials and their combined influence have to be analysed in detail. I do not beleive Mars in 12 place leads to sanyasi because it is not in depth analysis(influence of other celestials are not considered).

I am happy you can perform your duties in a spiritual way of life. But my experience and research tells me that Jyotish is vitally important for peaceful life, provided we consult a skillful, talented and spiritual astrologer deeply involved in Sanskrit and Hindu Scriptures. In depth analysis has to be done from our side to estimate his skills before learning our life through him. Today there are a lot of fake astrologers. Some people are so happy when they hear the answers they want and it may not last. Then they cast aspersions on Jyotish. Patience and intellectual analysis is very important when involving into Jyotish.

Last edited:
i have two queries for all the folks who believe in jothidam here

- we all know that no two clocks tell the same time. if even a matter of second, would make a difference in your fate, i cannot anyone's jaadhagam is accurate unless we refer to some celestial clock or an atomic clock

- how did jaadhagams come up accurate time, before the advent of clocks, which only came recently with the europeans. in my younger days, i had relatives who had no clocks, but used to go out, check out the shadows and come up to within 15 minutes of the clock time (they had no clocks either).

thank you.

Jyoutish is an important tool where one can effectively match marriages if done effectively, there will be no problems or seperation(divorces). Also the problem of child being handicapped or ill born does not occur at all when marriages are fixed this way.

Many traditional marriages are fixed after matching horoscopes i think. Sometimes an astrologer can proclaim this is the best match and so on. Yet in such cases, couples face probs with having children. I know someone whose IVFs also have failed. Astrologers keep saying the couple has no prob in their horoscope. How do you explain that?

Last edited:
Many traditional marriages are fixed after matching horoscopes i think. Sometimes an astrologer can proclaim this is the best match and so on. Yet in such cases, couples face probs with having children. I know someone whose IVFs also have failed. Astrologers keep saying the couple has no prob in their horoscope. How do you explain that?

My advice is to find a skillful astrologer first, based on my suggestions.

Is the Astrologer correctly predicting the lives of people whom we know closely? If anything bad happened to someone recently then while reading that horoscope the astrologer should be able to point out that danger.

Is he matching horoscopes for marriages correctly? (Recently gone bad marriage horoscopes could be used for this purpose)

Does he have indepth knowledge in Sanskrit and our Hindu Scriptures? We can ask him questions about our Hindu scriptures to ascertain the level of his knowledge. However we have to research our own scriptures before that and get the basic idea of Hinduism. Mostly Brahmin astrologers are skillful.

The points you said are precisely the reason people are loosing their faith in Jyotish. I have done research into it and i find it is convincing. Many westeners also have done indepth research into jyotish, interviewed and consulted our astrologers, and they found the Hindu Vedic Astrology or Jyotish is the perfect Astrology. It is Hindus who do not have the patience to research into our culture and use it for our benefit.

- we all know that no two clocks tell the same time. if even a matter of second, would make a difference in your fate, i cannot anyone's jaadhagam is accurate unless we refer to some celestial clock or an atomic clock

- how did jaadhagams come up accurate time, before the advent of clocks, which only came recently with the europeans. in my younger days, i had relatives who had no clocks, but used to go out, check out the shadows and come up to within 15 minutes of the clock time (they had no clocks either).

Ancient Indians used water clocks for Jyotish purpose, please refer to this information:

http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part10/chap3.htm

When we talk of ancient days, we must go back to the BCs. Since the advent of Kali Yuga, the major part of Hinduism started to degrade. In the Mahabharatha war, weapons used were divine bows and arrows used with combinations of mantras. Then later all these started to be wiped out since the advent of Kali Yuga where everything turned materialistic. However, the number system used in ancient India is the ones in use today. These are left to the conspiracy side but i beleive it is so. Possibly our ancestors used water clocks extensively and by the advent of time that was restricted to the kings and royal family only. Later with the invention of clocks, then use of Jyotish became more comfortable.

I have already explained that a matter of few minutes difference in time of birth does not impact much change in predictions unless it involved major planetary shifts. This is however an error but it is negligible except in a few cases.

Very good Sri Swaminatha Sharma ji,

I don't have much of knowledge of astrology but your sincere effort to explain things has to be appreciated. Simply because not knowing or not believing astrology, it should not be cricised in these forums. Please continue to contribute regularly.

All the best

Dear sri Swaminatha sarma,
One does not understand terms like deposited, debilitated, bindu, binnashtavarga, trikona etc. You could do well by explaining in a layman's language or better still in Tamil.

These formulae are well explained in olden astrological books, which perhaps are not known to general astrologers who practice for money sake......
Yes there are astrologers who do not practice for money sake. They consider it part of the Hindu dharma to perform good to our Hindu society. They are so skilled they know very well how well the matching will turn out to be. In case of small irregularities they mention well in advance. They take money but still they see it as a spiritual service. Also in Hindu dharma it is said giving offerings to learned scholars (brahmins) is dharma. But these types of astrologers are rare.

When marriage has to be arranged, a lot of grooms and brides are available and one does not know on what basis to select. Nowadays it has become usual to see the family background, interact with them, their social status, financial matters, their behaviour by interacting with them and the like. If all these are satisfactory the marriage is fixed and Jyotish may not be considered at all, or there will be an astrologer(not so skillful) who will tell this is the perfect match.

There are a lot of disadvantages by this process. One does not know the nature of another person. By interacting with them they cannot be judged. Also trusting a person who is unknown is not correct. They may not have all those they claim to have. Even if they are well settled, their destiny could be such that at a later stage they will face hardships.

When we find a skillful astrologer, these issues can be dealt with in a smart manner. The astrologer will predict the financial strength and future of the groom or the nature of the bride. Then this can be double checked by also physically verifying whether the groom is financially strong, good natured and so on. In my experiences i have encountered where there was no truth from the groom side. Astrologer predicted this correctly and i double checked it and i found it to be true. I found this was true in most of the cases. There was another case where the groom was involved in business with friends. My astrologer correctly predicted that though this person is stable now, he will become unstable in the future. I told nothing about this person to my astrologer, but he told correctly that this usatability will be due to his friends.

Last edited:
I believe in law of karma from my experience.But one thing I cannot understand is this. I know a person (A no. OF persons) Who is MOrally, ethically (and ALL _____llys) very bad. But upto his grand generations all have good health, money etc., who are also morally bad His age is now 98.My question is? If he has done so many GOOD deeds in his previous birth How he has born with so many bad qualities only in this birth. How upto at least upto third generatin all have good worldly living?.

I believe in law of karma from my experience.But one thing I cannot understand is this. I know a person (A no. OF persons) Who is MOrally, ethically (and ALL _____llys) very bad. But upto his grand generations all have good health, money etc., who are also morally bad His age is now 98.My question is? If he has done so many GOOD deeds in his previous birth How he has born with so many bad qualities only in this birth. How upto at least upto third generatin all have good worldly living?.

This is another popular reason people are loosing faith in Karma. However i cannot find morally ethically good person today except a few. Today people going to temples mostly pray "O Lord, please forgive me for my sins". They dont even see which God they are praying to (Shiva or Shakti or Ganesha). It is because culture is changed to make people believe God is there to accept our sins. There are people who show themselves to be spiritual doing good to temples, but in reality they are involved in adharmic acts.

My response to your query is complicated and one needs patience to understand this. One has to concentrate purely on Hindu scriptures and dharma without fearing criticism. I have already mentioned we are living in the dark age of demons which is Kali Yuga. In this age, the influence of the demonic entities or asuras will be in its maximum. That is the reason we are seeing so many evil acts taking place today. People are materialistic and selfish, dharma has no meaning. Karma does play an important role today.

The man you quoted and his family are a precise example of demonic entities or being influenced by demonic entities to corrupt other people. Today Hindu dharma is degrading due to this brainwashing and seeing other people's life as an example. A person doing adharma will think "what is wrong in me, nothing worst than that person who did more wrong". May be that person is a demon having taken birth as a human, or he is a human being who has good karma and got degraded with the influence or assistance of demons.

The fact that person lived for 98 years does not mean he lived happy for all those years. The concept of karma means that the soul is eternal and the misdeeds have to be worked out sooner or later. That is why Krishna tells this to those people who are dharmic

Why do you worry without cause?
Whom do you fear without reason?
The soul is neither born nor does it die.

Today demonic influence comes in the form of aliens and mind control. It is possible that a person's mind be controlled by demonic entities to their benefit, while the previous Karma of a person is still good. They have good life in this birth and their adharmic acts due to this influence will lead to bad experiences in next birth. These are the symptoms of demonic influence, i am currently researching on this subject.

http://www.raven1.net/effects.gif

Last edited:
Dear Sri K. Sankara raman Ji,

One believes in the theory of Dharma and Karma because one believes in our religious tenets. I can show you the opposite examples, good persons suffering untold miseries in their lives on earth.

These examples are exactly why one can not ascribe some purva pnya or an 'advanced' soul status to be born in to various jathis today,as some of our fellow TB brethren incline to do. Everything is decided by Ishwara, including one's Prarabdha Karma in this life. Just because a person who does bad deeds does not suffer anything bad that is apparent, does not mean that he does not do so. Money is not the indicator of happiness and a fulfilled life, it actually can be a trap.

This is why, one can not draw any conclusions about someone's happiness or a totured soul from the outside. A king can lead a miserable life while a mendicant can lead the most joyful life.

Regarding Kali yuga - I do not subscribe to Sri Siddhanta's theories about demons etc. We have lots of good people around. I really think that there are not that many bad people. I think good people do bad things sometimes. If you hold the view that the current world is demonic, you will not live in peace. We just need to understand everything unfolds with His grace.

Regards,
KRS

i have a small question here.

My mother often teaches me the best path to go about life is not to worry too much about planets, good times, bad times, etc, and rather simply go by the idea of surrender as shrimannarayana charanou sharanam prapaddye; and god will take care of everything.

Of late, no matter what i blabber, my father too has been saying the same thing. According to him, there is nothing called good time and bad time (he does not believe in astrology); and if one starts any work with god's name on his lips with an earnest prayer in his heart, then everything is taken care of.

My question is:
if one has surrendered to God, does he need to be concerned about astrology or planets? Will not God take care of him, no matter how difficult his times are?

Please note: please do not think that i do not beleive in astrology or am trying to vilify it. The above question is just a doubt gnawing inside my head since quite sometime and wud be grateful for the various perspectives offered by posters here.

Last edited:
if one has surrendered to God, does he need to be concerned about astrology or planets? Will not God take care of him, no matter how difficult his times are?

I have already explained that one can give himself to Gods and be in service of our Gods. Our Gods can take care of him, but he has to perform his duties as a father and a family member. If he has given himself to Gods does not mean his children also will give themselves or even beleive in Gods. But still they may seek his advice and his moral guidance as a father.

Today in Kali Yuga, i suppose only the older generations practices all the Hindu traditions. Even in Brahmin caste, the current generation has forsaken beliefs in our scriptures, it is only the older generation who practice it. the younger generation is all materialistic influenced by western culture. (But still people beleive everything is alright and everything is fine). If this is the scenario, then in the next three or four generations, there will be no Hindu temples and traditions. There will be single places of worship for large number of people who gather on a day of the week (or even month) where people will go and offer their sins to God. The future depends upon the younger generation of today who do not learn or follow our tradition, culture and scriptures. This is the materialistic nature of Kali Yuga.

I also did not beleive in Hindu Scriptures and traditions and even Jyotish as a modern generation child. Then i came under demonic influence or "aliens" and that prompted me to research into our own scriptures because when i applied Jyotish concepts, all my problems were solved. Those people who say "everything is ok" are only living in their dreamland, or they are being mind controlled. People say they beleive in our Hindu Gods, but they refuse to beleive in demons. They say God will take care of us and they say there are no demons. No Hindu Scripture denies the existence of demons. My own experience confirms this fact.

I have already given my research work and i have explained my encounter with an abnormal human girl in Chennai who is from the Daitya and Dhanava origin according to Hindu Scriptures. In the west they call this entity "human-alien hybrid". Please refer to Chapter 5 of my research work to read about my experiences that made me beleive in Hindu Scriptures. I wanted to copy paste it, but it is very long and it will occupy too much space. So kindly read my experiences that made me beleive in our culture.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19016322/Mind-Control-and-Aliens-the-Suppressed-Knowledge

Last edited:
There are many kinds of astrologers, from the most scholarly to the roadside one. There are many branches of astrology from the birth-chart-based to Kili Josyam. One thing common to all is that all these people assure you of a better future and soothe troubled minds. As such they serve the society as psychological counsellors.

Who goes to an astrologer? Only the weak-minded. As a community, Brahmins are the weakest-minded as we resort to astrology most. Our faith in God is shaky and surrender perfunctory. What we require is the conviction of Arunagirinathar who thundered, “What harm can the planets do to me when the Lord is by my side?” and of Thiru Gnana Sambandar who said that all the planets and all the days are benevolent to those who surrender to God.

Dear Srimathi HH Ji,

Our horoscopes are nothing other than the charts of our prarabdha karmaphala in this life.

Some people contend that by a sheer weight of personality and action one can change one's horoscope's import. Others believe that this is not so.

The reason to beleive in horoscopes for most people is that they think that a bad effect can be shooed away with a 'pariharam'. I think that this is nonsense. Karmaphala can not be changed as much as an already shot arrow can be influenced to change it's direction with an alteration to the bow.

Ishwara and all the four margas to know Him is the answer. Nothing else matters.

Regards,
KRS

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I have posted in this website.

Pain, aliment, disease, poverty are few simple examples of suffering due to Karmic effects - if everything in a person's life is attributed to Karma.

Medicines, Vaccines, Surgery are corrective and preventive means of overcoming certain types of misery.

Education is a means of overcoming the ongoing misery of poor, we cant deny we have had educational cess in India for this very purpose. Let's not get into how this is being implemented.

We have accepted that doctors and educationalists can be useful in overcoming current and future miseries (karmic effects). Basically, counter action to face the music of life.

I guess, astrology is one similar one. Just that, we don't have the funding, world wide scope of practitioners like doctors and educationalists for taking the cause of astrology to a more mature level.

Not all medicines prescribed by all doctors are effective and the same holds good for education. We have had generations and decades of evolution and billions of dollars in any currency, spent every year towards tuning, correcting, and moulding these areas of accepted karmic counter action.

While the poor astrology - the great science lies largely unexplored. And any mistakes from these guys are up for "karmic" retort from general public.

Maybe that is the destiny for astrology in this period of time.

Pariharam is not the answer to our problems. I am reminded of the story of Manu Needhi Chola. The King's son accidentally kills a calf. The cow pulled the justice bell in front of Kings palace. The king came out and learnt the incident. He asks his minister what to do. Minister says Vedic Scholars could be called and do some pariharams which is a general practice prevailing even those days. But King didn't accept and says he has to get the same pain as that of the cow and orders killing of his son under the wheels. Minister refuses to execute and kills himself instead. King himself ventures out to do the execution. Lord Shiva appears at that time, blesses the king and ensures that both the calf and minister are come alive.

Lord Shiva doesn't accept Pariharam but rewards the honesty and sincerity of the King.

Sekkizhar has explained the whole story wonderfully in Thiruthondar Puranam.

All the best

The reason to beleive in horoscopes for most people is that they think that a bad effect can be shooed away with a 'pariharam'. I think that this is nonsense. Karmaphala can not be changed as much as an already shot arrow can be influenced to change it's direction with an alteration to the bow.
The bad effect cannot be shooed away completely. However i do not beleive in Pariharam. I beleive the bad effects can be reduced by praying to specific Gods as per our scriptures and this will be advised by the astrologer. One need not forsake worshipping his ishta devta but still pray to other Gods who can help reduce the miseries caused by the planet. Worshipping Gods are the only way to counter bad fate. For example daily worshipping of Lord Hanuman in a temple by going around him 11 times would reduce the difficulties caused by Shani. Because if we do not do this, the effects caused by shani will be such that we might face difficult situations where we have to take a decision such that it would have a bad outcome. Hence our karma would degrade due to the impact of Shani.

Eight hundred years ago there lived a great mathematician called Bhaskaracarya. An incident in his life illustrates how relentless destiny is. Bhaskaracarya had a daughter called Lilavati. The great astrologer that he was, he found that she had "mangalya-dosa" in her horoscope, but he felt confident that he could change his daughter's destiny, as foreshadowed by the stars, with his ingenuity and resourcefulness, as an astrologer. He decided to celebrate Lilavati's marriage during a lagna in which all the planets would be in positions favourable to the bride. This should, he thought, ensure that Lilavati would remain a "dirgha-sumangali".

In those days there were no clocks as we have today. A water-pot was used to measure time. It consisted of an upper as well as a lower part. The water in the upper receptacle would trickle down through a hole into the lower container. The lower part was graduated according to the unit of time then followed ---nazhikai (nadika), one sixtieth of a day or 24 minutes. So the time of day was calculated by observing the level of the water in the lower container. ("Water-clock" and "hour-glass" are English names for such an apparatus. Since water evaporates quickly sand was used instead. )

According to the custom then prevailing, Lilavati's marriage was to be celebrated when she was still a child. On the appointed day, she sat beside the water--clock and bent over it fascinated by the apparatus. As she fumbled around a pearl from her nose--stud got loosened and fell into the apparatus lodging itself in its hole. The flow of water into the lower receptacle was reduced. So what the clock indicated as the hour fixed for the marriage was not the right one---the auspicious hour had passed. Nobody including Lilavati, had noticed the pearl dropping into the water-clock. When they came to know about it, it was too late. They realised that destiny could not be overcome.

http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part10/chap3.htm
In the above case the astrologer did not beleive in our Gods, rather he beleived in his own intellect, hence the misfortune.

Being attached to our Gods and being in service of our Gods is of utmost importance. Meeting a skillful astrologer itself could have been arranged by the grace of our Gods. Then using that knowledge to reduce our misfortune by worshipping specific Gods in addition to our attachment will in effect make us live a peaceful life.

Skillful astrologers advice which temple to offer puja and which God to worship to reduce the misfortune. I do not beleive by Pariharams one can escape fate simply without being in service to our Gods or without giving themselves to our Gods.

Last edited:
Who goes to an astrologer? Only the weak-minded. As a community, Brahmins are the weakest-minded as we resort to astrology most. Our faith in God is shaky and surrender perfunctory.
Brahmins learn Sanskrit and Sanskrit is the soul of India. People learning Sanskrit are the most powerful minded. Those who get converted into other religions forsaking Hinduism are the weak minded.

As Max Mueller, the propagator of the Aryan invasion theory, wrote to his wife, "It took only 200 years for us to Christianise the whole of Africa, but even after 400 years India eludes us, I have come to realise that it is Sanskrit which has enabled India to do so. And to break it I have decided to learn Sanskrit." The soul of India lies in Sanskrit. And Lord Macaulay saw to it that the later generations are successfully cut off from their roots.

HVK Archives: ssaulting_India's pluralist ethos (Letter)

Brahmins learn Sanskrit and Sanskrit is the soul of India. People learning Sanskrit are the most powerful minded. Those who get converted into other religions forsaking Hinduism are the weak minded.

I don't think sanskrit is responsible for Brahmin's growth. Aryan invasion theory of Maxmuller is being disproved now.

There are several brahmin community members among Azwars and Nayanmars. Arunagirinathar wrote Tiruppugazh in Tamil only.

U.Ve.Swaminatha Iyer, Mahakavi Bharathi are all TBs only.

யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ் மொழி போல் இனிதாவது எங்கும் காணோம் - பாரதியார்

Ki.Va.Jagannathan and others have contributed to Tamil Language immensely.

Let us not associate TB community only with sanskrit.

All the best

to Rv ji ,your answer is correct, once in this chennaipatnam there no teaching of Tamil in any schools, only Telugu,English, and Sanskrit, after Kamraj took up CM the Tamil become the 1st language in schools at Chennai. So like that those days Sanskrit may TBs learning. s.r.k.

Mr. Balachandran"s question has been framd in a different way as" If I am the straw floating in the water current of a mighty river, where is freedom of independent action by me? As I have no independence and freedom to act, the water will be responsible for all my actions and not me" by Sri Vedanta Desikan and has been convincingly answered in his treatises. Actually Sri Desikan uses the term "பிரதம பிரயத்தனம் " in his treatise to explain the freedom of the individual jeevatma. Mr Balachandran can approach any learned vaishnavite and get complete information on this topic as it is elaborate and cannot be explained in the limited space here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back