• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we change the destiny of a baby by fixing the time of birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

Dear friends,

One of the recent queries in our forum makes me start this thread.

Astrology is a vast subject and I have come across a few excellent astrologers, who can predict the future of a person

accurately, by their calculations. They say that their predictions will be correct iff ( if and only if ) the time of birth is exact.

Now a days, doctors advise for c-section delivery - sometimes due to the would be mother's health and sometimes to get

more money! (This topic may need another thread to discuss!). One of our friends has given a particular time of birth and

says that the baby born at that time will be fair in complexion and very good in nature. Is it possible to change the destiny

and complexion of the baby, by deciding a particular time of birth? It is said that the genes and the environment in which the

person grows up decides the nature and habits of that person!

Friends are requested to express their views. :typing:

At what time a new baby should land on earth is predetermined and we can do nothing about it. Even the time of
taking it out by operation is predetermined. Your past deeds decide your present life.

I do not think that the destiny of a baby can be changed by fixing a particular time of birth. I think everything is connected. Thus for example, in this case, time of conception is connected to the time of birth. If the time of conception is auspicious, then the time of birth will also be auspicious. Time of birth may be connected to other important events also. So just by changing the time of birth you are not really altering the fate of the baby. This is my opinion.

Dear RR ji,

Frankly speaking even a doctor can never really predict when a baby will be born.
Anything can happen anytime.
A baby chooses to be born the time it is destined to be born.

A person's karma is determined from day one of conception..what which might look like parents actually having a say in determining the time of birth is just the play of the child's own Karma.

Karmically we have "chosen" our own parents cos the collective Karma of the family we are born in and our own individual Karma are matched before we take birth.

In a case when a mother opts for C section, instead of NORMAL delivery(when she can have a normal delivery) cos she feels she wants a better time for her child.....It might look as if the mother determined the time of birth but in fact it was the child's Karma to be born into a family that rather play around with time of birth instead of leaving everything to God.

So at the end of the day nothing is really in our hands.It just seems as if we are in control.

Now coming to complexion and time of birth..I do not believe that, cos I would never expect a high melanin content race individual to be born extremely fair(unless an albino) or a Scandinavian race person to be born very dark just be the time of birth.

Last edited:

Dear Renu,

Karmically we have "chosen" our own parents cos the collective Karma of the family we are born in and our own individual Karma are matched before we take birth.
Very well said! :high5:

If everything is in the time of birth, and astrology can fix it, why worry about karmas. Why was the birth of Rama so fixed that he did not have to go to vanvas. I am sure the astrologers then were much more qualified. As I wrote in a different thread, we think we are the doer, we need to understand that the doer is Paramatma. It is our ego that thinks that we can predict the outcomes.

I wish the peddlers of false hope be prosecuted for misleading gullible people.

Even if the birth happens naturally, I think the destiny of the baby is not 100% fixed by the time of birth. Because external influences also have a say on the destiny of the person since everything is interconnected.

That is the reason why genuine pariharams have an effect. But since there is so much cheating going on in the name of pariharams, a reliable remedy would be lead a righteous life and harbor good thoughts only. The power of good thoughts is equivalent to the potency of genuine pariharams and is something which is more under your control.

hi
just i learned a story from JATAKA KATHA OF LORD BUDDHA....according to buddha's birth time accurate....so his father

asked the royal astrologer....he predicted the boy will become a great king of the world or grear sanyasi of this world....

environment also play a crucial role of the child...again based on karma and destiny everything will happen....just latest swami

nityananda's dramatical situation...

Dear friends,

I mentioned in the OP that the environment in which a person is brought up, changes the habits of the person.

Children first learn from their parents and later on from the teachers. As they grow up, comes the influence of good and bad

friendship. When they are adults, unless they have self control, they get all bad habits and spoil their health. Then they will

easily blame that the 'fate' played its role and caused all the trouble. Some persons who help everyone around them suffer a

lot during their old age and such sufferings can be blamed as 'karmA' in the previous births but we can not say that the life of

a person is defined 100% by 'karmA'.

Dear friends,

but we can not say that the life of

a person is defined 100% by 'karmA'.

A good point brought out by Smt.RR. I think the extent of freeewill is determined by how benevolent one is. By that definition, God has 100% freewill and the most evil is taken completely over by maya and has 0% freewill. Those in between have varying degrees of freewill, their Will being in a limited way in sync with the reality.

This also shows the importance of good thoughts.

dear sravna !
you expressed the same view that i wanted to tell.that is why the shanthi muhurtham day is fixed on a auspicious time (whether conception will take on that time is different ).it is said that the atma which is destined for rebirth according to its karma decide where it take birth and not in the hands(act) of the couples.
guruvayurappan

The more we go into details and try to take things in our control, the more the big picture goes out of our control. Isn't God smarter?

Shmt. Raji Ram,

There can be 101 inter related questions on this topic of the thread.

IMHO, the time of birth should not be controlled by us, having been offered with a choice due caesarean section delivery.

But, almost all the people are keen to fix a good date and time to have the baby delivered. Because humans want everything best as per their basic instinct. As well, humans tend to take ownership of what they do and that is not false as well.

What ever date and time may the mother be suggested with, the final selection and the actual event matters.

The karma of the mother/parents and the baby are all interconnected and as such inter-related actions would take place between the involved parties.

The growing process is complicated with many domestic and external factors. But, the inborn traits, intellect, subconsious mind and thoughts are what that offers a person his/her own individuality with related deeds.

For the mother, as a human, it may look like "she" has decided the date and time, for the birth of a baby. BUT, it necessarily need not be the truth.

Considering many points, in my very first post, I suggested a different method to Mrs.Hetal, to pick up a date of delivery. I believe all of you have gone through that thread.

Whether positive or negative, why a mother/human should take the credit of it? No need to be proud and no need to be guilty, to have picked up a date and time, having been suggested by astrologers.

I feel, the only best way is to leave things in the hands of God, having been offered with caesarean section delivery and not the natural delivery beyond one's control.

Dear Ravi,

I read your first suggestion in the other thread, where the advice reg. 'good time of birth' was requested.

In some families, they do not match the horoscopes to find the suitable match for their son / daughter,

but tie up kumkum and vibhuthi or red flower and white flower as packets of the same size, place them

in front of God and ask a tiny tot to pick one up. Red color signals 'Green' flag!! :)

Dear Ravi,

In some families, they do not match the horoscopes to find the suitable match for their son / daughter,

but tie up kumkum and vibhuthi or red flower and white flower as packets of the same size, place them

in front of God and ask a tiny tot to pick one up. Red color signals 'Green' flag!! :)

YES!!!!! To obtain ultimate "UthTharavu" from God.

"ElLaam Avan KaiYil"

One famous astrologer from Palakkad said that the year 1982 had some unfavorable planetary positions and many of the

children born in that year will have not-so-good horoscopes. After thirty years, I hear a similar comment
icon4.png

post 17 #
in olden days that was practiced by many people instead of horoscope.only nakshtram is seen and the matching is decided by thiruvula seatu since all are having belief in GOD as well as in fate
guruvayurappan

I know my question might anger some..but I am still going to ask it anyway!LOL

In recent times we have marriages of the same gender.Some are happily married and are faithful to each other too.

So how does horoscope match apply in such cases?

What would their horoscope match show?

Note: This question is not to ridicule astrology/horoscope but I sincerely would like to know cos in this present Yuga anything is possible.

Last edited:

In recent times we have marriages of the same gender.Some are happily married and are faithful to each other too.

Note: This question is not to ridicule astrology/horoscope but I sincerely would like to know cos in this present Yuga anything is possible.

Dear Renuka,

I think there are certain assumptions we make about what is normal. When we talk of marriage what is normal is for it to take place between different genders. When that is not the case such as when one person chooses to live with a person of the same gender, does it still come within the normal definition of marriage? In my verdict it does not. I call it as a perversion in sexual preferences. PERIOD. And that indeed can be revealed from a horoscope I guess, whether one would deviate from the norm regarding certain preferences.

It is not a vivaham as accepted and approved by our scriptures. It is living together voluntarily, not approved by hindu social law (sharia may be different) as yet, and disapproved by many sections of the civil society.

Even when a boy and a girl want to marry out of love, we vehemently oppose horoscope matching; why it is to be done when there is no provision in astrology for this? I do not think there are any rules in astrology for queries on same sex union. I do not know why they insist on marriage - they can insist on a legal civil contract format listing liabilities and termination conditions.

renukaji,
yes. you can make it out by interpreting the horoscope correctly. Look at the horoscope and follow KP astrology.
Position of Venus and saturn, the houses where they are placed, the starts stelllations ) they are in etc and you can
find it out.

You said same gender ! is it a marriage ? In my opinion the astrologer would say ' this native wont
get married ' since the marriage is betwen a man and a woman.

hi
we can make computer custom made....LIFE IS NOT CUSTOM MADE...ITS PURELY DESTINY...environment also plays according

to destiny.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back