• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we change the destiny of a baby by fixing the time of birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
post 206 #
dear prasad !
the mangalik dosa or sevai dosham is big chapter and not told simply on the basis of the postion from lagna . there are many exception for manglic. i was told by my astrologer that there is fear of sevai dosham for southern side of india. sevai dosham will affect north india people. sevai dosam is reason for jaundice.
many astrologers will say pariharam is to reduce the severity of the ill effect and not to erase completelyjust like holding umbrella in heavy rain though we may not stop rain
guruvayurappan

hi
pariharam may be a consolation to mind....we can protect ill effect a very limited......something is better than nothing....

prevention is better than cure....nobody can change destiny....but some protection may be possiblw by parihaaram....like ....

sometimes we can see a long queue in navaragaraha sannadis on saturdays.....especially in singara chennai....they put black

thil with seasame oil in saneeswara sanniddhi for ezharai nattu sani period.....even very youngsters are doing now a days...

pariharam is to reduce the severity of the ill effect and not to erase completelyjust like holding umbrella in heavy rain though we may not stop rain

Last edited:
post 206 #
dear prasad !
the mangalik dosa or sevai dosham is big chapter and not told simply on the basis of the postion from lagna . there are many exception for manglic. i was told by my astrologer that there is fear of sevai dosham for southern side of india. sevai dosham will affect north india people. sevai dosam is reason for jaundice.
many astrologers will say pariharam is to reduce the severity of the ill effect and not to erase completelyjust like holding umbrella in heavy rain though we may not stop rain
guruvayurappan

The umbrella is good to keep rain away, what if it is gale force wind and thunderstorm? The gale will tear the umbrella to shreds, and thunderstorm will electrocute you to death. But worse still is the fact that the astrologer substituted a rock instead of umbrella.

I know I am skeptic and have made the comments from my point of view.
I would rather be nachiketa, than let misguided statements do harm. Hinduism allows a healthy dose of skepticism.

I have no idea of what this implies ...

You mean the banned one is still here in an original form?

I did not want to get in between the three of you, but for this.
Hope I am not mistaken.

1. There is no original form for the banned one since

there were /are/ and will be several simultaneous forms! :bump2:

2. The universal symbol of ego is I.
icon14.png

Rotate it through 90 degrees either clockwise or anticlockwise to get H.
icon3.png

3. Please rest assured that You will never be mistaken for

asking honest doubts honestly - without trying to create a scene!
icon6.png

Last edited:
code book of reference for the

future use for those who need one.

I + I + I (-) I => U

Intelligence + Imagination + Intuition (-) Ego =>
Understanding.

இது எல்லாம் சரியாப் புரிஞ்சுக்க

செந்தில் கவுண்டமணி சொல்வதுபோல

"மண்டையிலே கிட்னி வேணும் அப்பா!"

முழுசாப் படிச்சாலே புரியறது ரொம்ப ரொம்பக் கஷ்டம்!

முதல் வரி, கடைசி வரியை மட்டும் படிச்சா என்ன புரியும்?

ஏன்னா இதுக்கு வேணும் .... ...

1. Elementary knowledge of English,

2. Elementary knowledge of Maths,

3. Elementary knowledge of Science,

4. Elementary knowledge of Spirituality,

5. Elementary knowledge of Hollywood movies,

6. last but not the least An open and receptive mind!

அதனாலே இனிமேலாவது ......

கத்தியை தீட்டாதே தம்பி :nono:

புத்தியை தீட்டு! :laser:

Pariharam is a spiritual medicine one takes for cure or relief. It does give tremendous mental satisfaction of doing ones bit.

Arguments about exotic pariharams recommended by astrologers can be compared to prescriptions given by fake doctors, or by doctors who write down what the medical rep has recommended a few minutes ago. Last week, a respectable bombay doctor was convicted for negligence for an operation done on an NRI patient 20 years ago. The NRI was also a doctor.

To understand our customs and ways, one needs a spiritual mindset and not a clinical mindset.

post 192 #
dear raju sir !
the problem in this forum is the presence of many learned as well as more sensitive persons. you are correct in saying that comment will be passed in the forum &it is your right .but the hurt feeling could be avoided by addressing the person in question.
guruvayurappan

Pariharam is a spiritual medicine one takes for cure or relief. It does give tremendous mental satisfaction of doing ones bit.

Arguments about exotic pariharams recommended by astrologers can be compared to prescriptions given by fake doctors, or by doctors who write down what the medical rep has recommended a few minutes ago. Last week, a respectable bombay doctor was convicted for negligence for an operation done on an NRI patient 20 years ago. The NRI was also a doctor.

To understand our customs and ways, one needs a spiritual mindset and not a clinical mindset.

Dear Sarangji,

I agree to a certain extent that pariharams can give mental satisfaction.
Once the mind is calm lots of pain can even be forgotten.

But I would like to differ a little on this:

I feel to understand customs better we need to have a Holistic Mindset, that is have consideration for both the Gross(Physical) and the Subtle(Spiritual).

If we hold on strongly only to one of the two, that is where all the problem starts.

As a doctor I can only treat physical clinical symptoms either medically or surgically.

A priest would be able to treat the subtle spiritual symptoms with the pariharams of choice.

The take home point of the day..Both the Doctor and the Priest should always remember that they are both limited to a certain extent cos the "Bheshajam Bhava Roginaam"...The Physician for the Illness of Existence is sitting above them and sometimes nothing much can really be changed.

Last edited:
Reference post # 230:

code book of reference for the

future use for those who need one.

I + I + I (-) I => U

Intelligence + Imagination + Intuition (-) Ego =>
Understanding.

இது எல்லாம் சரியாப் புரிஞ்சுக்க

செந்தில் கவுண்டமணி சொல்வதுபோல

"மண்டையிலே கிட்னி வேணும் அப்பா!"

முழுசாப் படிச்சாலே புரியறது ரொம்ப ரொம்பக் கஷ்டம்!

முதல் வரி, கடைசி வரியை மட்டும் படிச்சா என்ன புரியும்?

ஏன்னா இதுக்கு வேணும் .... ...

1. Elementary knowledge of English,

2. Elementary knowledge of Maths,

3. Elementary knowledge of Science,

4. Elementary knowledge of Spirituality,

5. Elementary knowledge of Hollywood movies,

6. last but not the least An open and receptive mind!

அதனாலே இனிமேலாவது ......

கத்தியை தீட்டாதே தம்பி :nono:

புத்தியை தீட்டு! :laser:

அடடா அறிவுக்கொழுந்துக்கு கிட்னி மண்டைக்கு ஏறினா என்ன ஆகும்னு இப்போ நல்லா புரியுது. செந்திலையும் கவுண்டமணியையும் (ஆமாம் இவங்கல்லாம் யாருப்பா. இந்த வருஷம் கணிதத்துக்கு நோபல் பரிசு வாங்கினவங்களா?) மட்டுமே நல்லா தெரிஞ்சு வச்சிருக்கறவங்களுக்கு ஆங்கிலம், கணிதம், அறிவியல், ஆன்மீகம் அதோட ஆலிவுட் படங்கள் (இலை போட்டு எல்லாம் பரிமாரியபின் எதையோ கொஞ்சம் ஒரத்திலே கொண்டுவந்து வச்ச மாதிரி ஆலிவுடும் இங்க வந்திருக்கு)பற்றியெல்லாம் என்ன பேச்சு வேண்டிக்கிடக்கு? பேசாம வாழப்பழக்கணக்கு போட்டுகிட்டு இருந்தா போதாதா? யப்பா யாராச்சும் சீக்கிரம் இந்தப்பாழாப்போன கிட்னியக்கீழெ இறக்கி உடுங்கப்பா. அது வெளியேத்துற toxin எல்லாம் நம்ம அறிவுக்கொழுந்த ரொம்பத்தான் ஆட்டிப்படைக்குது. பாவம்.

Now let me see how receptive the minds are. And whether the kidneys have come down from the head to their designated places.I am sure the residual toxin they left behind will play havoc for some time to come. I do not care as this was an unsolicited reply to a post addressed to Praveen.

Cheers.

She was not praised for what she later did, so It can't be viewed as an incorrect doing. In fact the act is kind hearted and unprejudiced. In the process some of us were taken for a ride and were made gullible; however its better to start with belief and good faith and be cautious than starting with suspicion and struggling to make progress because in that loop everyone becomes party to the cause.

Absolutely right!!

Moreover we react and respond to what all been presented here. We don't care who is the real person behind the Avatar/Handle name.

In this cyber world which is in public and where people participate to learn, to share and to feel good, all one must do is, to read the contents of the post and respond suitably, unmindful of who the poster is.

No need to bother IF the poster is a Man OR Woman OR a Transgender OR some old member now appearing in different Avatar/handle name OR is the poster is one of our favorite members or not etc..etc.. All that should matter is, the contents of the post.

Disagree. It is better to know the gender, caste, orientation (all types) of the poster (and imposter). Otherwise an innocent remark may land one in trouble - racial, caste, gender etc. abuse dosham.

No need to bother IF the poster is a Man OR Woman OR a Transgender OR some old member now appearing in different Avatar/handle name OR is the poster is one of our favorite members or not etc..etc.. All that should matter is, the contents of the post.

Disagree. It is better to know the gender, caste, orientation (all types) of the poster (and imposter). Otherwise an innocent remark may land one in trouble - racial, caste, gender etc. abuse dosham.

Agreed... There is a valid point..

Dear Ravi,

Power cut in our area. Just one quick post!

You say that it is not necessary to know the gender etc. of the poster....

And when it is disagreed, you agree to it is a valid point!! I am :confused:

BTW, my hilarious poem about double avtArs was promply removed from 'eNNa alaigaL'.

As I suggested in that poem, the usage of two PCs / laptops would have made the :spy: work really challenging!

Just a thought. Shall join later, when power resumes! GOK when..
icon3.png

Let :peace: prevail...

Raji mami you dunno??? I'm surprised you are not aware. For one poster it entirely depends who is saying it. I said the same and ok fair play to Ozone. Fair play he disagreed. Another one quick to jump in but when SarangJi said it , this person quick to change. Oh well...I'm used to it! by now..

She was not praised for what she later did, so It can't be viewed as an incorrect doing. In fact the act is kind hearted and unprejudiced. In the process some of us were taken for a ride and were made gullible; however its better to start with belief and good faith and be cautious than starting with suspicion and struggling to make progress because in that loop everyone becomes party to the cause.

Yes appreciating her posts as some of you had done, even me I was impressed as well if fine. But some other lol, absolutely enamoured, enchanted and fawning, fawning like theres no tommorow, oh where have you been before etc. I even thought there will be a forum wedding! Then when its revealed she is not Tb, look at people trying to save face!. Imagine how Harini must be laughing. Also imagine if she ended actually being a male. All that fawning...hilarious.

Dear Ravi,

BTW, my hilarious poem about double avtArs was promply removed from 'eNNa alaigaL'.

As I suggested in that poem, the usage of two PCs / laptops would have made the :spy: work really challenging!

icon3.png

Shmt. Raji Ram,

YES!!! In my post I said that, awarness about the gender of the poster is not must.

At least for me it makes sense.

I least bother if the poster is a male or a female. If he/she is a Brahmin or not. If he/she is here with some hidden agenda and ulterior motives are not.

All I have to do is, read the content of the post and share my views. It can be in favor, in line with the messages expressed or against it.

For me it does never matter, if the poster is one of my favorite members here or not. Does not matter if I know him/her personally or not.

For me all that matters is - "What I am been offered to read, What and how much I could understand, What and How I could feel AND How and to what extent I can respond"

BUT, when shri Sarang said - "Otherwise an innocent remark may land one in trouble - racial, caste, gender etc. abuse dosham."

I could understand what he is conveying and could find the validity in his point. So, I agreed.

I could take the above remarks of Sarang, much as an advice, for the benefit of the members who are all not interested to disclose their actual identity.

Otherwise, as far as I am concerned, the content of the post is Potent for me to indulge in conversation and not the identity of the poster.

Last edited:

Dear Ravi,

These are at different points in the time space. The agreement comes in after Shri Sarang supplies some
justifications. You feel the original post must have been modified? In that case, how will Shri Sarang's post be valid? :)

So, you already have the reason for it being removed.

icon3.png

So, how did you manage to post this one?
Used a
icon3.png
candle?

Dear Ravi,

icon3.png

Dear RR ji,

You see the mind is the most fickle in the world.
Remember the story of Lord Krishna and Karna?

Where Lord Krishna will request an object(I can't remember what) from Karna whose right hand was not clean at that time.
So Karna gave the required object to Lord Krishna with his left hand and explained to Lord Krishna that the mind is so fickle that he was afraid that if he washed his right hand and cause a delay he might change his mind and not give Lord Krishna the object.

What to do human mind is fickle..imagine if Karna thought that of himself where do we lesser mortals stand?

I have a dream for a long time to marry a Tamil Brahmin girl who is having a mix of traditional and modern outlook, views, living style. A girl who loves tradition, custom, culture, who is a total Theist, who is into spirituality, who respect her parents, elders, who is straight forward and have clear heart and mind.

A girl who loves to do something good for the society, a girl who is sympathetic and comppassionate to serve the human kind, the way possible to her.

A girl who knows what this world is, where it is going and what is the need of the hour. A girl who keep herself and her values intact no matter how high is she dwelling in her career path.

A girl who respect a Man and who knows well what is all about having Feminine qualities.

For me, that girl would be the most beautiful girl on this Earth for whom I will go to any extent joing her hands.

I found Ms.Harini as that type of girl I am dreaming about.

Whether the appearance of the character - Ms.Harini here was fake or not, only God knows. But, I don't have the heart to be doubtful without a single clue and break her heart.

I liked her very much with whatever I could understand through her and through her cousin brother's post. We all know what Harini said. She said, she is 27 years old and could win over her parents to allow her marry a man of her liking whom she admires a lot. A divorcee man of 35 years of age whoes marriage was terminated within 10 months.

I was aware of who she is and where she is headed, with what ever she expressed here in the name and style of - Harini.

Her personality was very impressive to me. That is all.

On a date the boy and girl put the best face and act very appropriately. If you expect that for the entire life you are a dreamer and looser. No one can behave their entire life like that.

If you do not see the person behind the facade, you are going to be disappointed.

There was a joke about "exchanging Girl friend for wife - and be disappointed".

I was in the west, still I did not trust the ways of the west. I did not have the experience of the western ways. I married the girl chosen by my mother and fortunately for me the girl accepted my proposal. That was 40 odd years ago. LOL

When you do not know the terrain, it is better to retreat to the terrain you know best.

Last edited:
Reference post # 230:

அடடா அறிவுக்கொழுந்துக்கு கிட்னி மண்டைக்கு ஏறினா என்ன ஆகும்னு இப்போ நல்லா புரியுது. செந்திலையும் கவுண்டமணியையும் (ஆமாம் இவங்கல்லாம் யாருப்பா. இந்த வருஷம் கணிதத்துக்கு நோபல் பரிசு வாங்கினவங்களா?) மட்டுமே நல்லா தெரிஞ்சு வச்சிருக்கறவங்களுக்கு ஆங்கிலம், கணிதம், அறிவியல், ஆன்மீகம் அதோட ஆலிவுட் படங்கள் (இலை போட்டு எல்லாம் பரிமாரியபின் எதையோ கொஞ்சம் ஒரத்திலே கொண்டுவந்து வச்ச மாதிரி ஆலிவுடும் இங்க வந்திருக்கு)பற்றியெல்லாம் என்ன பேச்சு வேண்டிக்கிடக்கு? பேசாம வாழப்பழக்கணக்கு போட்டுகிட்டு இருந்தா போதாதா? யப்பா யாராச்சும் சீக்கிரம் இந்தப்பாழாப்போன கிட்னியக்கீழெ இறக்கி உடுங்கப்பா. அது வெளியேத்துற toxin எல்லாம் நம்ம அறிவுக்கொழுந்த ரொம்பத்தான் ஆட்டிப்படைக்குது. பாவம்.

Now let me see how receptive the minds are. And whether the kidneys have come down from the head to their designated places.I am sure the residual toxin they left behind will play havoc for some time to come. I do not care as this was an unsolicited reply to a post addressed to Praveen.

Cheers.

Dear Sri. Raju, Greetings.

I like your post. It is hilarious! Thanks for a very good laugh. ( Anyway, the so called spy work is incorrect. I don't think HX2 posted in the name of Harini. I am very familiar with HX2's writing).

Cheers!

Yes appreciating her posts as some of you had done, even me I was impressed as well if fine. But some other lol, absolutely enamoured, enchanted and fawning, fawning like theres no tommorow, oh where have you been before etc. I even thought there will be a forum wedding!
I didnt imagine a forum wedding, but I could clearly see some one hoping and praying it wont happen !! Oh, what a well wisher.
Then when its revealed she is not Tb, look at people trying to save face!.
Did I watch the same movie??? I didnt see these happen or did I doze off??

Imagine how Harini must be laughing.
laughing ??? Must be still recovering from the shock and backlash.
Those who discovered the truth along have no regrets and have even forgotten. Only those that claim they knew everything even before are still struggling to get over ...
From the silence in the forum it appears there are one too many mourners
Also imagine if she ended actually being a male. All that fawning...hilarious.
May be some one else who was envying can take it up from here ...

I have a dream for a long time to marry a Tamil Brahmin girl who is having a mix of traditional and modern outlook, views, living style. A girl who loves tradition, custom, culture, who is a total Theist, who is into spirituality, who respect her parents, elders, who is straight forward and have clear heart and mind.

A girl who loves to do something good for the society, a girl who is sympathetic and comppassionate to serve the human kind, the way possible to her.

A girl who knows what this world is, where it is going and what is the need of the hour. A girl who keep herself and her values intact no matter how high is she dwelling in her career path.

A girl who respect a Man and who knows well what is all about having Feminine qualities.

For me, that girl would be the most beautiful girl on this Earth for whom I will go to any extent joing her hands.

I found Ms.Harini as that type of girl I am dreaming about.

Whether the appearance of the character - Ms.Harini here was fake or not, only God knows. But, I don't have the heart to be doubtful without a single clue and break her heart.

I liked her very much with whatever I could understand through her and through her cousin brother's post. We all know what Harini said. She said, she is 27 years old and could win over her parents to allow her marry a man of her liking whom she admires a lot. A divorcee man of 35 years of age whoes marriage was terminated within 10 months.

I was aware of who she is and where she is headed, with what ever she expressed here in the name and style of - Harini.

Her personality was very impressive to me. That is all.

Dear Ravi,

Don't feel bad.
That's why some people Hate Love Stories.
Cheer up!

[video=youtube_share;rAlBw_RTEZw]http://youtu.be/rAlBw_RTEZw[/video]

Yes appreciating her posts as some of you had done, even me I was impressed as well if fine. But some other lol, absolutely enamoured, enchanted and fawning, fawning like theres no tommorow, oh where have you been before etc. I even thought there will be a forum wedding! Then when its revealed she is not Tb, look at people trying to save face!. Imagine how Harini must be laughing. Also imagine if she ended actually being a male. All that fawning...hilarious.

Dear Amala,

The only saving grace was that she was actually a female..otherwise?
You see wine is intoxicating whether in new bottle or in old bottle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back