• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Changing Times: Will Gay Marriage Be Legal in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri.Y: I find sarcacism in the last line of your post no.156.
I do agree that we need "fresh oxygen".
We can not support Gay activism just because 10-15% of the population is Gay. That way, if 25% of population are criminals, are we going to support crime?
When I said, "Thinking English", I did not mean English language. I implied Western thinking, which I think is what that thread starter also implied.

Nara ji: You have convenienty skipped some of the issues, as you always do. There is no denial that HS is unnatural. Are we justifying it because even animals practise it? Haven't we "evolved"? (Poor Darwin).

Dear Haridasa:

My post #156 is my answer to Ms. Harini. What part of it you find sarcastic?

Have you heard of the Tyranny of the Majority? A 10-15% of the population - a small minority - may be Gays; but they need their Civil Rights restored or protected as per the Constitution..

Your comparison to criminals of 25% of population is totally inappropriate here - these criminals must face the laws of the land for their felonies, period.

In this broadband internet age, there is instantaneous communications of ideas from West to East and North to South.

Nowadays, nothing is guarded as "Western", except may be the military intelligence and R&D of major companies, IMO!

Cheers.

Last edited:
ps.. one good reason not to have too rigid a stance in life, i have found, is that it is easier to change the views. one should always leave the back door open a bit. i have quite a few cases of fathers or mothers breaking down beyond repair - over choice of spouse or sexual preference of their child :(

A post script after my own heart, i tell you! If I was paid a penny for everytime fate (or call it what you will) made one eat ones own words I would be a multi multi millionairess by now. What you've just said Kunjuppu mama, should be etched in gold or blood. Never say never! Merely my limited observation of life thus far.

I know people who only want strawberries, expecting strawberries and were so sure they will get strawberries. The were handed lemons instead. They didn't make lemonade either :).

Spanish proverb: A wise man changes his mind, a fool never.

A wise man changes his mind, a fool never.

amala,

guess what.

only 'wise' are members of this forum.

so have no fear, that all of us here, who reads this message, will change their minds if/when warranted :) :) :)

this life is too short tofor us to break down, irrespective of whether you believe in incarnation (or NOT); it is best that we emulate the palm tree, which sways with the storms, and comes back erect after the blowover :)

Last edited:
I know people who only want strawberries, expecting strawberries and were so sure they will get strawberries. The were handed lemons instead. They didn't make lemonade either :).

Spanish proverb: A wise man changes his mind, a fool never.

Wonder what the Spanish proverb says about women, because they seem to change their mind all the time. Clearly the only fools to be seen around are men!

On a topical note, why is the suspicion about gays mostly targeted towards men? Or is it because many lesbians haven't outed themselves yet?

Wonder what the Spanish proverb says about women, because they seem to change their mind all the time. Clearly the only fools to be seen around are men!

On a topical note, why is the suspicion about gays mostly targeted towards men? Or is it because many lesbians haven't outed themselves yet?

biswa,

to give benefit of the doubt, and also built in idiosyncracies of the english language,

'man' need not narrowly define the male gender.:)

man, could stand for mankind.

perhaps, everything would make sense, if it is read in this context?

just a suggestion. that is all.

danke schoen!!

Ref.: Post 176

Dear Shri.Y: Apologies. I meant post 166 and not 156 (incidentally, you made 156, 166 & 176!).

I want to clarify to everyone that I did not compare HS with crime. What I meant was that a Health Minister openly supporting HS would be similar to a Law Minister supporting crime or a Finance Minister supporting poverty. In my view, HS defenitely is not a crime though it is immoral.

I think the issue Shri.Yamaha has raised is an issue of principle and not at an individual level. Most humans (if not all) tend to live a life of convenience. They might throw principles to wind when it comes to their personal life. But that is not Shri.Yamaha's point, I believe.

In life, we are something, we want something, we deserve something, we expect something and we get something. Life is Like That!

"In my view, HS defenitely is not a crime though it is immoral." - Haridasa wrote.

Immoral???

I disagree.

When we started this debate, I said "I am neither actively supporting nor opposing legalizing Gay Marriage"...now after listening to the opposition, and thinking in-depth on the issue, I have turned into an active supporter of the issue!

Is that called "growth"?

Cheers.

Last edited:
The problem with labels like immoral, Haridasagaru, is that it tends to be very subjective. What is immoral to me may perhaps not be immoral to another and so on.

hi amala,
u r rite...............somebody's loss is somebody's benefit......somebody's sorrow is somebody's happiness...

regards
tbs

The problem with labels like immoral, Haridasagaru, is that it tends to be very subjective. What is immoral to me may perhaps not be immoral to another and so on.

Aunandi Amala gaaru. Anduke, "In my view" nannaanu. I remember the saying, "Two persons saw from the prison. One saw the mud and another saw the flower". I would not like to intrepret the saying in the context of this thread.

Aunandi Amala gaaru. Anduke, "In my view" nannaanu. I remember the saying, "Two persons saw from the prison. One saw the mud and another saw the flower". I would not like to intrepret the saying in the context of this thread.

hi hd garu,

meeru baaga chepparu.....kaani antharu okkatte kaadhu....

regards
tbs

Yes TBS sir. Andharu okkey madri untey, chaala bore ga untundhi kathaa.

Haridasagaru nenu appudu chooda ledhuandi mee "in my view", shamichandi.

... english translation for this.. and other telugu or kannada. please?

Ok let me try my hand:

Yes TBS sir. If everybody were the same, it would be rather boring, isn't it? Mr. Haridasa, then I hadn't seen that you wrote "in my view", sorry for that.

Yes TBS sir. Andharu okkey madri untey, chaala bore ga untundhi kathaa.

Haridasagaru nenu appudu chooda ledhuandi mee "in my view", shamichandi.

Paraveledu, Amala gaaru. HS might be unnatural but oversight is natural!
Telugu salla gaali valla ee threadlo undina ushnam taggi poyindhi.

It is ok Ms.Amala. HS might be unnatural but oversight is natural!
With the cool breeze of Telugu, the heat in this thread has got reduced.

Looking at the support for HS/Gay activism, I wonder what the stand would be on incest. The practitioners of incest also "share love" and they also have "civil rights" and "equal rights"? Funny world.

Last edited:
Looking at the support for HS/Gay activism, I wonder what the stand would be on Incest. They also "share love" and they also have "civil rights" and "equal rights"? Funny world.

That is already legal Hari sir!! Many marry their cousins and their mum's brothers.

Last edited:
Looking at the support for HS/Gay activism, I wonder what the stand would be on incest. The practitioners of incest also "share love" and they also have "civil rights" and "equal rights"? Funny world.

Sri Haridasa Siva,

The point that I hesitated to bring it up here for long, you had. Thank you.

As you said there are many cases in India where father had sex with his daughter, brother had sex with his sister and so on... To my shock, I heared of a story where the elder sister convinced her two younger brothers to have sex with her and all of the three were in love and sex with each other.

In due course of time such incest practitioners would gather to protest and uphold their civil rights. As for as doctrine of civil rights is concerned all are humans(irrespective of human instinct or animal instinct) and have their rights to claim legally in a largest democratic countries like India.

Last edited:
Wow BiswaJi very good translation. Sorry K mama didn't see your request till now. Btw apologies to digress but I am wondering how many people in the forum understand Telugu? Seems like quite a lot.

Wow BiswaJi very good translation. Sorry K mama didn't see your request till now. Btw apologies to digress but I am wondering how many people in the forum understand Telugu? Seems like quite a lot.

With a name like Biswa I wonder if Biswa knows Bengali.
Anyway need to thank Biswa for translation..other wise I might have needed to become Chandramukhi and sing
raa raa sarasaku rara
raa raa chentaku chaera
praName needira aelukoraa dora
swaasalo swaasavai raa raa

Offcourse Sir....It's a very funny world. That's what is making things interesting out of boredom. May be some of us are not happy with such interesting funny world and some of us are fascinated.

I think before going that far, I want to ask how many of you are comfortable with the thought of

one woman marrying two men

About Incest!

I wont comment on cousin marriage but Incest in the true sense should be legally punishable by a hard sentence. Do I sound autocratic or anachronistic? Let me explain.

Suppose I have a contract with someone and I breach it, then I am to be punished. Some of our relations are in an unwritten contract based on trust. They have a certain privileged access and are in a position to influence especially when the other person is vulnerable or younger or having faith in the other. Any breach in such contracts can severely affect the person involved. It is therefore to be met with a stringent punishment not less than make the offender regret his actions. The offender should considerably regret for what he has done. May be life sentence in severity - one austere meal a day no human interaction no light and hard labour

Dr Barani,

I will admit I am horrified by polyandry and i don't discriminate I equally am not partial to polygamy at all either. Not comfortable with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back